Anime Central Forums: Parking Costs? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Parking Costs? If we will be coming in daily, how much is parking?

#1 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

This is only my second time at ACEN, and last time I was dropped off and picked up at the doors :) This year though I'll be participating in the Artist Alley and will be there for a few days. So, if I am not getting a hotel room, what kind of parking is available and how much does it cost? Also, how fary away is it from the convention center? Need to start factoring in all of my costs!

Thank you very much!
I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#2 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:24 PM

The main parking garage for the convention center is directly across the street, kind of behind the Embassy Suites. It's $13 a day with no in-and-out privileges so once you're in you're stuck til the end of the day unless you want to pay again. Usually if you get there fairly early in the day there's decent parking - I tend to aim to get there early and I am often no higher than level 5. Once you're parked it's about a block walk (you're walking the length of a hotel & across the street), really not too bad. There's also the pedestrian bridge if you don't want to cross the street (which is really not too bad, considering Rosemont usually posts cops there to help with crossing).

Hope that helps!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#3 User is offline   chompzie 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 19314

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

If you don't mind a little walk I believe there is also a CTA lot nearby that costed around $3 a day when I went in 2010. We used Hyatt valet service last year so not sure what it is now. Probably no more than $5. :) Very good deal. Sounds like you'll probably do better with closer parking though if you've got a lot of merch to carry.

You can find the CTA lot on the website but I believe it's right on River rd.
I love guinea pigs and cats and Sgt. Frog.

#4 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostKnitChick, on 13 December 2011 - 08:24 PM, said:

The main parking garage for the convention center is directly across the street, kind of behind the Embassy Suites. It's $13 a day with no in-and-out privileges so once you're in you're stuck til the end of the day unless you want to pay again. Usually if you get there fairly early in the day there's decent parking - I tend to aim to get there early and I am often no higher than level 5. Once you're parked it's about a block walk (you're walking the length of a hotel & across the street), really not too bad. There's also the pedestrian bridge if you don't want to cross the street (which is really not too bad, considering Rosemont usually posts cops there to help with crossing).

Hope that helps!

He would probably be better off with the parking garage that is attached to the convention center, which is right behind the convention center and across the street from from the Hyatt. It is also connected to the convention center and Hyatt by the hamster trail. As for cost, I thought someone said is was around $10/day, with no in/out privileges. That might work better for you if you have to lug alot of stuff to artists' alley.
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#5 User is offline   Cellomanlove 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61246

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

A few years ago my friend parked in the CTA lot which was cheaper. Unfortunately, she had to run back every couple hours since it is metered, so it may not work out if you're in the artist alley having to run back to the lot, pay the meter, and then back to your table.
2014 Cosplays
-Fate/Zero: Maiya Hisau
-Kyoukai no Kanata: Mirai Kuriyama (idol version)
-Kill la Kill: Satsuki Kiryuin

learning-to-sew.tumblr.com

#6 User is offline   GXP_agent_Zack 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2537

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostCellomanlove, on 19 January 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

A few years ago my friend parked in the CTA lot which was cheaper. Unfortunately, she had to run back every couple hours since it is metered, so it may not work out if you're in the artist alley having to run back to the lot, pay the meter, and then back to your table.

I did this in 2005 and got a ticket, so I personally don't recommend it. :(

"It doesn't matter who we were. It only matters who we are."

#7 User is offline   laceyarsenic 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61397

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm glad this was posted. I've been trying to research parking prices, which turns out to be a lot harder then I thought.
Thank you to all those who answered.
Even the damn cat is in on it

#8 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostGXP_agent_Zack, on 22 January 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

I did this in 2005 and got a ticket, so I personally don't recommend it. :(

I guess you got ripped off because Blue Line CTA parking lots are all be $5.00 for 0-12 hours of parking. Anyway, unless there are signs, this is probably the most affordable option. It's a little bit of a walk (0.5 mile) but not too bad.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#9 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Thank you for all the help everyone! ♥
The CTA sounds like my best bet, if it is up to 12 hours! I'm planning on getting most of my supplies in on Thursday so I won't have to bring things back and forth except the cash box :nod: Ah, so excited!
I will be attending ACen 2014 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#10 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

If you planning on staying at a hotel during the weekend - especially the Hyatt - you might be better off parking in the hotel lot. It's a bit more expensive, but you get in and out privileges, which people tend to downplay the importance of. Additionally, it's right next to the convention center, which makes it easier on you if you're hauling a lot of things to AA. As for cost, last year I think it was 15 dollars a day (For the Hyatt); I'm not sure what it is this year.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#11 User is offline   GXP_agent_Zack 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2537

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 31 January 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

I guess you got ripped off because Blue Line CTA parking lots are all be $5.00 for 0-12 hours of parking. Anyway, unless there are signs, this is probably the most affordable option. It's a little bit of a walk (0.5 mile) but not too bad.

Yeah pretty sure I did. I made sure to go and pay for my spot again. I guess I should have just driven to a new spot and parked there. I don't really remember as it was 7 years ago.

"It doesn't matter who we were. It only matters who we are."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users