Anime Central Forums: Should I wear my costume for all three days? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Should I wear my costume for all three days?

#1 User is offline   imperfecktion 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61221

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

This year will be my first ACen trip, and I do plan on having a costume, but I'm wondering if I should plan more than one costume or just wear my costume once? My costume is mostly just a giant prop and a t-shirt, but I assume I'll get sweaty and won't want to wear the shirt more than one day. Should I still wear my prop another day? I don't think I'd want to spend time trying to create another costume, but would I still have fun if I'm not cosplaying all three days?
New to ACen
Cosplay Ideas 2013: Numbuh Five from Codename KND, Fem Nick Fury, maybe Princess Mononoke

#2 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:37 PM

what ever your choice if the ppl of acen would like to prevent, ovoid, hunt down, and horribly beat con funk.
plz smell nice :)
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#3 User is offline   Yandere Emi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61049

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

You will DEFINITELY still have fun without cosplaying all 3 days. :) I usually save my fanciest costume for Saturday and rehash/ simple costumes on Friday and Sunday since I'm there for shorter amounts of time :3
My Cosplay Blog (with Cellomanlove)

ACen 2014: Shindou Ai (Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary - Idol ver.), Irisviel von Einzbern (Fate/zero - coat version), Jakuzure Nonon (Kill la Kill)

ACen 2013: Hibari (Double H) & Caster/Extra
ACen 2012 : Kaname Madoka & Irisviel von Einzbern

#4 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

I've always worn the same costume on Friday and Saturday, but I wouldn't let the number of days you wear your cosplay determine how much fun you have.

If you do wear yours more than one day, would you be able to wear an undershirt or tanktop under your t-shirt? I've always worn a tanktop and never had any problems with con funk or sweaty-ness. :)
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

#5 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

I've always cosplayed on Fridays and Saturdays. Sundays I'm in t-shirt and jeans, since its fitting that its the last day of Acen. I make sure that before I leave my hotel room in my cosplay, I take a shower big time.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#6 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

It's cool to wear your costume for all three days. Sometimes they don't end up smelling too bad--so if it doesn't then go for it. I've worn my cosplays for two days because after the 2nd day it's kinda like "eehhh you need to go into the laundry." So then I just wear my normal t-shirt jeans I wear. But if it's cool with you then do it! Just at least make sure you shower....XD That usually takes the smell away even if you've worn your cosplay for two or three days in a row.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#7 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

There is nothing wrong with wearing your costume more than once. You just need to take precautions to keep it from smelling. Using deodorant that doesn't leave residue helps and so does using febreze on them when you take them off and letting them hang dry. I would focus every year on making one awesome cosplay because that was all I could afford and I wore it as much as possible without it getting stinky. I just never wore it on Sundays. :3 But you can wear it for one day or however many days as you please. There isn't a rule against it.

*Edit- Also, of course, change your undies and shower :P

This post has been edited by schläfrig Kätzchen: 12 December 2011 - 01:05 PM

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#8 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

If you do wear your cosplay for all three days remember:

-Take it off at night and don't sleep in it! Remember to have sleep gear.

-Hang it up neatly in the closet

-Bathe regularly and make sure you have good stick or roll on

-If you know you sweat a lot, take some febreeze for your cosplay

-If you are around a smoker, you could air it out depending on where you are staying at so you don't smell like smoke

Also have fun at Acen!
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#9 User is offline   Aphex 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 27543

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Sometimes, I like to change around. I've never been to Acen for 3 days straight (only Saturday) but I think it will be a fun experience to change up a bit. :)

If you have another costume, you can still wear your same outfit if you have a great time with it. :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users