Anime Central Forums: AA Registration --- Special Requests? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AA Registration --- Special Requests?

#31 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

Make sure you are on the Artist's Alley mailing list - as explained HERE: http://www.acen.org/...w-mailing-list/

This is a separate list from the general ACen newsletter one (as we don't want to spam everyone with stuff just about the alley).

It comes from acenaaml@acen.org and this year's opening date was announced in the first week of December email.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#32 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:39 PM

View PostGrimby, on 12 December 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

While I appreciate that the e-mails in the AA ML were very informative (Once I finally started getting them) I wish it was made more clear that there was indeed a big distinction between the two.
Another gripe would be that the main event page would have updated at the same time the alley opened... For people signed up to the wrong mailing list, it's logical to assume the "Events" page would link them to registration once it had opened--not after it's already in waitlisting.

We will work on making it also available under the events section as well for the next year.
I will also work with our production and advertising departments to make sure that there is a clearer distinction between the Artist Alley Mailing List, and the General Convention Newsletter.

Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#33 User is offline   Dux-X-Bellorum 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61116

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

View Postfrzndaqiri, on 12 December 2011 - 10:25 PM, said:

Make sure you are on the Artist's Alley mailing list - as explained HERE: http://www.acen.org/...w-mailing-list/

This is a separate list from the general ACen newsletter one (as we don't want to spam everyone with stuff just about the alley).

It comes from acenaaml@acen.org and this year's opening date was announced in the first week of December email.

I was on the wrong mailing list. Darn. D:
Howdy!
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/...s?ref=top_trail (I make cute stuff!)
YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...um?feature=mhee (I Let's Play!)
DeviantART: http://dux-x-bellorum.deviantart.com/ (I have nothing to say about this one!)

#34 User is offline   Wiccan-ing 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60723

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

View Postfrzndaqiri, on 12 December 2011 - 08:05 PM, said:

Wiccan-ing - EDIT: Sorry about that - that was a bit of updated wording that was missed. It should have said 18 as by requesting a table you are entering a contract.

Everyone else - thank you for the feedback. We will endeavor to have a link posted on the events page next year, though the mailing list (which is explained in the FAQ here) is the best method as it explained everything you needed to know ahead of time. Given the quickness with which the alley fills up, there isn't time for someone to read it all after it opens and still get in unfortunately.

I understand. ; w ; The issue with that is that I am 18. I'll be turning 19 in April too. I'm still not sure why it kept saying I wasn't 14 and then when it changed, that I wasn't 18. My account profile says my birthday is in 1993 as well and that is not editable.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users