Anime Central Forums: AA Registration --- Special Requests? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AA Registration --- Special Requests?

#1 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:38 AM

Hello everyone,
Was going over the form again today and I wanted to know if anyone knew exactly what special requests meant. Does that mean like asking for a corner table (if possible) or putting that you want a power drop? Or is it something to do with the art you are offering?

Thanks much!

This post has been edited by IcyPanther: 12 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

I will (hopefully) be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:30 PM

View PostIcyPanther, on 11 December 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hello everyone,
Was going over the form again today (so excited for registration tomorrow!) and I wanted to know if anyone knew exactly what special requests meant. Does that mean like asking for a corner table (if possible) or putting that you want a power drop? Or is it something to do with the art you are offering?

Thanks much!

It is more or less for who you want to sit next to in the Alley.
If people want to include things like being on the ends, or something similar, we will do our best to fulfill those, but we will be doing neighbor requests before those requests.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   Grimby 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61152

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:26 AM

View PostIcyPanther, on 11 December 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

Hello everyone,
Was going over the form again today (so excited for registration tomorrow!) and I wanted to know if anyone knew exactly what special requests meant. Does that mean like asking for a corner table (if possible) or putting that you want a power drop? Or is it something to do with the art you are offering?

Thanks much!

Whoaaa! Registration opens today? Did I miss the memo or something? Can someone link me to where the registration link will be and/or tell me when it will open?
I've been trying to get on the mailing list, but while I've been waiting I apparently missed out on some big news.

This post has been edited by Grimby: 12 December 2011 - 07:20 AM

#4 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:22 AM

ppl ya need to be on the mailing list
info like this is useful
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#5 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

View PostGrimby, on 12 December 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

Whoaaa! Registration opens today? Did I miss the memo or something? Can someone link me to where the registration link will be and/or tell me when it will open?
I've been trying to get on the mailing list, but while I've been waiting I apparently missed out on some big news.

It's supposed to open some time tonight, so pay attention to the AA forum. I don't know exactly what url it will be, so hopefully they'll post a link here. I hope you're still around to see this!
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKulié in the artist alley!

#6 User is offline   Tsubasa no Kami 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59434

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:52 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 12 December 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

It's supposed to open some time tonight, so pay attention to the AA forum. I don't know exactly what url it will be, so hopefully they'll post a link here. I hope you're still around to see this!

The Email says that they won't post on the forum the times, but it's like... should be now.

This post has been edited by Tsubasa no Kami: 12 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

#7 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:56 PM

The tutorial that went out over the ML gave instructions on how to register. It was one of the perks of joining (saying) you wanted to be apart of the Mailing List and up-dates before they were released to the public.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#8 User is offline   Tsubasa no Kami 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59434

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 12 December 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

The tutorial that went out over the ML gave instructions on how to register. It was one of the perks of joining (saying) you wanted to be apart of the Mailing List and up-dates before they were released to the public.

Yes I know. I edited my post to not give away the time :) Mailing list 4tw

#9 User is offline   Grimby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 12 December 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

I was indeed. Thanks! Just successfully submitted my request. I'm so excited... Yay!

#10 User is offline   IcyPanther 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60865

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

View PostGrimby, on 12 December 2011 - 07:13 PM, said:

I was indeed. Thanks! Just successfully submitted my request. I'm so excited... Yay!

Got mine in too!
Site crashed at 6:59, so I had it loaded in 3 different browsers constantly refreshing. Thank you GoogleChrome, you are my new favorite!

Now I just have to hope they accept it. I'm thikning for the most part everyone should get in though, yes?
I will (hopefully) be attending ACen 2015 as an Artist.
You can view my merchandise at my Etsy Shop.
Or visit my DA for more samples of my chibis and prints.
Feel free to message me with any suggestions or comments!

#11 User is offline   Sapphy 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11260

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:16 PM

I'm super excited, I got my app in at around 7:06 or so! Now all that's left is waiting for the confirmation email and going art crazy on canvas and paper.
Liked what you saw at ACen? Happy Hatpire Designs has an Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hatpire
Follow me on tumblr! http://hatpire.tumblr.com
Also, check out my DeviantArt: http://hatpire.deviantart.com

#12 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

What are you people talking about? I'm hounding the forum, the AA webpage, and my email and have not seen anything about reg being open yet...
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com

#13 User is offline   FurGear 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61024

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

Mines in too lagged a bit got mine in at like 8:10 here in Michigan
I might have missed it is this one judged or first come first serve?

#14 User is offline   Grimby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 12 December 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

What are you people talking about? I'm hounding the forum, the AA webpage, and my email and have not seen anything about reg being open yet...

You had to be on a special mailing list specifically for the artist alley. I made that mistake, too.

The main "Events" page says it's still closed.... You should go check the main page, under "Register".

This post has been edited by Grimby: 12 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

#15 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

I was on the mailing list and I followed all the instructions. wtf??? Not happy.
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com

#16 User is offline   Grimby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:25 PM

View PostKurolokiRoku, on 12 December 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

I was on the mailing list and I followed all the instructions. wtf??? Not happy.

I know what you mean. \:

This post has been edited by Grimby: 12 December 2011 - 07:36 PM

#17 User is offline   BrokenRemnantStudios 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61094

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

I'm with you Roku. I was also under the impression that we were to go to the Artist Alley Page under events. I was also hounded both AA forums AND that page for any sign that it was open.....nothing. Now I'm wait listed. Great.
Nerdy Art: Music to the Eyes

Our Website
Our deviantArt

#18 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostBrokenRemnantStudios, on 12 December 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

I'm with you Roku. I was also under the impression that we were to go to the Artist Alley Page under events. I was also hounded both AA forums AND that page for any sign that it was open.....nothing. Now I'm wait listed. Great.

Oh no I'm sorry that happened to you! :( In the mailing list emails the instructional PDF that was attached showed us exactly where the link was going to be. They really put in the extra effort this year to make everything clear-cut and give us all the pertinent information, but as we were told you had to be on the mailing list to get the information. This has been the way they've been doing it for a few years now. Hopefully you'll still get in as people drop out over the next months.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#19 User is offline   FurGear 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61024

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

Im also sorry to hear that I have been in that situation way too many times

#20 User is offline   BrokenRemnantStudios 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

i was on the list...i never got an email with that attachment

Our Website
Our deviantArt

#21 User is offline   Wiccan-ing 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60723

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:47 PM

I think the main issue for me was not finding the link but did anyone else get a "You need to be 14 to request a table"? I'm 18 and my profile states I was born in 1993 and yet no matter what, I couldn't request a table. OTL I wasted precious 6 minutes on that before I gave up with the site crashing and had a friend sign up immediately so I could get a table. ; w ; Now, I'm waitlisted as well.

#22 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:52 PM

View PostBrokenRemnantStudios, on 12 December 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

i was on the list...i never got an email with that attachment

Are you sure you were on the mailing list? The attachment was sent out on the emails from Dec 8th, Dec 5th, and Today around noon.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#23 User is offline   BrokenRemnantStudios 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:54 PM

i received all the other emails from the mailing list

Our Website
Our deviantArt

#24 User is offline   Grimby 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:57 PM

View PostDavenEvanXaviour, on 12 December 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

Are you sure you were on the mailing list? The attachment was sent out on the emails from Dec 8th, Dec 5th, and Today around noon.

Also, there are two mailing lists. One that is for ACen as a whole, which has been e-mailing about the 12 Days of Acen, and another mailing list that can only be found on this forum...

I thought I was on the mailing list, but I was only on the main one, not the artist alley one.
While I appreciate that the e-mails in the AA ML were very informative (Once I finally started getting them) I wish it was made more clear that there was indeed a big distinction between the two.

Another gripe would be that the main event page would have updated at the same time the alley opened... For people signed up to the wrong mailing list, it's logical to assume the "Events" page would link them to registration once it had opened--not after it's already in waitlisting.

/rant

#25 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Wiccan-ing - EDIT: Sorry about that - that was a bit of updated wording that was missed. It should have said 18 as by requesting a table you are entering a contract.

Everyone else - thank you for the feedback. We will endeavor to have a link posted on the events page next year, though the mailing list (which is explained in the FAQ here) is the best method as it explained everything you needed to know ahead of time. Given the quickness with which the alley fills up, there isn't time for someone to read it all after it opens and still get in unfortunately.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#26 User is offline   Sapphy 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11260

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:07 PM

For anyone who didn't get the email--are you set to digest mode on the Google Groups page, or are you set to receive individual emails?
Liked what you saw at ACen? Happy Hatpire Designs has an Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hatpire
Follow me on tumblr! http://hatpire.tumblr.com
Also, check out my DeviantArt: http://hatpire.deviantart.com

#27 User is offline   BrokenRemnantStudios 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:17 PM

i receive individual emails

Our Website
Our deviantArt

#28 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:22 PM

It was a small pdf file titled - 2012_AA_AS_Registration_Tutorial.pdf - and as stated was on the last three emails including today's.

If you saw no attachment and DID get those AA ML only emails, I would check with your email provider to see if the attachments are somehow being removed.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#29 User is offline   sweetplushiecak 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8105

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

View PostDavenEvanXaviour, on 12 December 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

...In the mailing list emails the instructional PDF that was attached showed us exactly where the link was going to be. They really put in the extra effort this year to make everything clear-cut and give us all the pertinent information...

^This
There were step-by-step instructions, everything was clear and easy to follow. The AA team did a great job this year prepping everyone on the mailing list by sending out this attachment.

#30 User is offline   Dux-X-Bellorum 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61116

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

I'm on the mailing list and I didn't receive any warning whatsoever about AA openign tonight. D:
Howdy!
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/...s?ref=top_trail (I make cute stuff!)
YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...um?feature=mhee (I Let's Play!)
DeviantART: http://dux-x-bellorum.deviantart.com/ (I have nothing to say about this one!)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users