• This topic is locked

Bioshock 2012

#1 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Rockimus Prime and I have decided to start with saying join us by cosplaying from Bioshock for ACen 2012. Last year we had a ton of cosplayers with two awesome photoshoots which I and everyone who was there, would love to have again. I've never organized a gathering or group or whatever the hell it's called but I'll start the topic to get things going. I don't want to be responsible for any of it really but since I started it I might as well have the golf club in my hand, right?

And let's throw out some dates. We were thinking the same day and times as last year, different location such as outside if the weather is right for one photoshoot and inside for the other.

Update! Two photoshoots once again.

Day 1: Friday
Time: 11pm

Day 2: Saturday
Time: 10pm

So, would you kindly join us again to another amazing photoshoot? See what I did there? Referenced the amazing game twice. Post who you'll be if possible. The more, the better.

Update on the characters. I want to know who's going as who because some people can make it to only one photoshoot. Say what day you'll be attending. That'd sort of help.

nouseforaname - Sander Cohen/Thuggish Splicer
Rockimus Prime - Project Delta. Boyfriend as Jack.
Envy - Big Sister/ Little Sister?
L0L33TA - Little sister. Her sister as a Big Sister. Her friend as a Little Sister.
Spunkychunks - Spider Splicer I assume??
XxMishapenHeartxX - Eleanor Lamb. Her father as Andrew Ryan. Friend as Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
Kasumisty - Spider Splicer. Friend as Little Sister and other as Eleanor Lamb.

This post has been edited by nouseforaname: 15 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#2 User is offline   Rockimus Prime 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 59976

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:44 PM

View Postnouseforaname, on 10 December 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

Rockimus Prime and I have decided to start with saying join us by cosplaying from Bioshock for ACen 2012. Last year we had a ton of cosplayers with two awesome photoshoots which I and everyone who was there, would love to have again. I've never organized a gathering or group or whatever the hell it's called but I'll start the topic to get things going. I don't want to be responsible for any of it really but since I started it I might as well have the golf club in my hand, right?

And let's throw out some dates. We were thinking the same day and times as last year, different location such as outside if the weather is right for one photoshoot and inside for the other.

So, would you kindly join us again to another amazing photoshoot? See what I did there? Referenced the amazing game twice. Post who you'll be if possible. The more, the better.

Rockimus Prime reporting for duty. -salute-

Lawl. Anyway. xD One thing I think we should change from last year is make sure the photoshoot doesn't interfere with the rave. Last year it was going on just as the rave was starting, if I remember correctly. So maybe try to set it up for as soon as it gets dark? (The Bioshock photoshoots have always been at night, and it seems to work best that way.) That way those of us in armor/bodysuits/make-up have time to change and shower before the rave. Just something for everyone to consider while we're trying to figure out the times.

But anyway. Introducing myself. o.o You guys can call me Rocky, and I'll be cosplaying Subject Delta for the photoshoots. ^^

#3 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

That's right. I remember it was during the rave so maybe it can be done before the rave or even Friday night. Again, it'd be nice to have two photoshoots and if they're on each day then maybe that'd be more efficient for everyone. Some people come one day, two days or all three and can't make it to one or the other. Let's keep those options opened instead of having the shoot back to back like earlier. I could be wrong with this.

I'll be portraying the amazing Sander Cohen and a splicer again depending on the photoshoots.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#4 User is offline   Rockimus Prime 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

That's a good idea. A photoshoot on Friday and one on Saturday, I mean. Saturday's would probably be the biggest, since that's the day that everyone's there. So if for some reason we can only set up one, it should probably be on Saturday. But we'll see what other people say once they start posting.

But yeah, and let's make sure the photoshoot locations aren't as confusing as last year. Last year we technically had three shoots. xD The first one was taking place in two different locations (though it was our group that couldn't find the official group... but anyway)

Oh, should we make a list in the first post of people and their characters? o.o So we can easily see who is cosplaying who?

#5 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

I thought about doing that but everyone either comes as a big daddy, little sister, big sister or splicer. If there are more main characters that haven't been seen like Tenenbaum, Ryan, Atlas/Fontaine, and Jack, Eleanor and Sofia Lamb, and Sinclair, I'll probably just make a list from there. I'm not saying no one is list worthy but there's a wide range of characters and everyone seems to be doing the most common ones.

I say just post up who you'll be coming as for now.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#6 User is offline   Rockimus Prime 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

Oh, that is something that should be mentioned though. Not sure if he'll chat on the forums or not, but we do have a Jack. o.o Whichyoualreadyknow, but anyone else posting here doesn't. xD Hopefully the Eleanor from last year comes back, too. And dude, it would be so much fun to have a Sofia Lamb or an Andrew Ryan. Or both. o.o Guess we'll just have to wait and see, though.

#7 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:03 AM

I will be coming to the Bioshock photoshoot! I will probably be a spider splicer like last year, and my friend who was a Little Sister is coming also, I am altering her a new dress for it. My other friend who was Eleanor(ish, wearing white) may be with us too, I'm hoping she will be willing to dye her hair brown for the costume because she did that for my Bioshock theme Halloween party and it looked great.

This post has been edited by Kasumisty: 13 December 2011 - 03:31 AM

#8 User is offline   Rockimus Prime 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

View PostKasumisty, on 11 December 2011 - 01:03 AM, said:

I will be coming to the Bioshock photoshoot! I will probably be a spider splicer like last year, and my friend who was a Little Sister is coming also, I am altering her a new dress for it. My other friend who was Eleanor may be with us too, I'm hoping she will be willing to dye her hair brown for the costume because she did that for my Bioshock theme Halloween party and it looked great.

Awesome! By the way... a Bioshock Halloween party. I gotta say, that's incredible xD

#9 User is offline   XxMishapenHeartxX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 44120

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:21 AM

HEY GUYS! Eleanor lamb ready all set and excited for next years shoot! last years was fun :D

oh so some cool news my dad is going this year with us and he plans to be the one, the only...andrew ryan...with a bloody golf club sticking out of his head. No im not kidding. this will be epicness.

and my good friend criana is gunna be Elizabeth from bioshock infinite! is anyone else gunna try infinite? just thinking that would be cool to see the characters collide XD
SOMETHING CLEVER
ACen '13
DmC: female Dante
Sailor Venus
Bioshock Infinite: Elizabeth

#10 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

View PostRockimus Prime, on 12 December 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

Awesome! By the way... a Bioshock Halloween party. I gotta say, that's incredible xD

Yeah the party didn't turn out as good as I had hoped(I didn't have any time to do any big props or anything), so it was more Bioshock-esque than anything accurate but it was tons of fun and everyone loved it!

Here are some photos from the party: [media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/kasumisty/sets/72157628016822342/[/media]

This post has been edited by Kasumisty: 13 December 2011 - 03:33 AM

#11 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:47 AM

View PostXxMishapenHeartxX, on 13 December 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

HEY GUYS! Eleanor lamb ready all set and excited for next years shoot! last years was fun :D

oh so some cool news my dad is going this year with us and he plans to be the one, the only...andrew ryan...with a bloody golf club sticking out of his head. No im not kidding. this will be epicness.

and my good friend criana is gunna be Elizabeth from bioshock infinite! is anyone else gunna try infinite? just thinking that would be cool to see the characters collide XD

That's awesome! I was hoping there would be more main characters and here one is. Looking forward to it.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#12 User is offline   L0L33TA 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9243

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

We will be returning again as a Big sister and 2 Little sisters this year.. and hopefully with a few splicers!
~2012 ACen Cosplays ~
Bioshock 2- Little Sister
Borderlands- Mad Moxxi ??
Batman Series- Poison Ivy
X-Men- Dark Phoenix

Cosplay.com Profile!

#13 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

The panel schedule came out but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the photoshoots.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#14 User is offline   Spunkychunks 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60491

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:36 PM

*splice splice*

#15 User is offline   ATICE 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58973

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

I won't be in a bioshock cosplay, but I'd love to take photos of y'all and post them here. Love the bioshock series. ^_^

#16 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

Awesome so I'll update the first post with the location, time and days!

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#17 User is offline   ATICE 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58973

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:54 PM

*wonders what the surprise could be*
Uhm... I don't honestly know if I can make it to the friday photoshoot, but I'll definitely be @ the saturday photoshoot. :)

#18 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:51 PM

Don't wonder, think or ponder what it is. Like I said, it's lousy lol

3/4 - Haha, forget about it.

This post has been edited by nouseforaname: 04 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#19 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Alright! Because we have both Friday and Saturday for a photoshoot, some people can't show up to one or the other. As the first post says, say who you'll be showing up as and to what day you can come. It'd be nice to avoid a ton of duplicates if you have a second Bioshock character to cosplay.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#20 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

My friend's younger brother may be joining us this year... We were thinking of having him be a "Little Brother" but dunno if that would be too weird because that character was never actually used in the game...
Otherwise he'll be a really short splicer LOL

#21 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm almost done with my Sander Cohen mask! All I have to do is paint it which can be done tonight or tomorrow. Any of you guys done with your costumes?

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#22 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

I'm probably using the same splicer outfit as last year unless I can find a dress I like better in the next few weeks.
However I have a lot of work to do on my friend's little sister costume... I made the apron too long so I need to re-sew it and I decided to make a lining for the apron so I have to sew the lining on when I shorten it. I also need to re-do the collar and the buttons on the front. Then I have add some more "dirt" to the dress.
Plus I haven't even started on the ADAM syringe and I'm afraid it's going to not turn out very good...

#23 User is offline   Chocobofan4 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 43918

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

One year I swear I'm going to do either a big or little sister! They've been on my list for awhile :c
I might try and do a splicer though, nice and simple. I saw one of the shoots last year and I was amazed at everyone's cosplays!
Hopefully I get it done!
Cosplay Plans
||Ginjinka Pikachu||Christmas Town Sora||Magnet Rin||Alice in Wonderland||

#24 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Well, looks like the ADAM syringe won't get done in time. I have way too much costume work to do so I probably won't get to the props. :(

I do have some props I used at my Halloween party, I'm trying to decide if I should bring any of these bottles:

Posted Image

(the EVE and Big Daddy doll are coming for sure)

This post has been edited by Kasumisty: 23 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

#25 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Probably shouldn't bring any bottles since they're glass.

I've come down to cosplaying as one splicer and SC. I was going to do two but too much hassle and everyone's doing the bunny splicer. Time to switch it up to a new mask.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#26 User is offline   mordion 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18340

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Here's one of my photos of the shoot. The rest are following that in my ACen 2012 album. You guys were awesome.
Kichi Panel!

2012 cosplay: Tsumugi (Don't Say Lazy outfit)

#27 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

Here are all my photos from the shoot:
[media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/79146981@N02/sets/72157629945739449/[/media]

I also put some of those on Facebook if anyone wants to tag themselves:
http://www.facebook....77801115&type=1

Also video of "little sister" (my friend) singing :D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPeaZbG-KBQ[/media]

This post has been edited by Kasumisty: 01 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users