• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Apachi

#1 User is offline   Minublado 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61215

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

I am thinking of doing a Apachi cosplay from History Strongest Disciple Kenichi. The problem is i really don't know how i would do the hand and foot wraps.

#2 User is offline   The Forumcat 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58542

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

Long, thin strip of any white fabric or athletic tape. If you use athletic tape, I can make you a tutorial of how to wrap it so it won't obstruct movement too much.

Pros of cloth: will absorb sweat, reuseable
Cons of cloth: Harder to fasten, will have seams every 1.5 yd or so (depending on original fabric length), frays or has seams on edges, likely to be uneven width, slippage, will smell kind of bad after a bit, pins holding may poke, likely to have visible fastening,

Pros of tape: fastens easily, stays in place, uniform width, easy to reapply, fresh with every application, multi-purpose, reasonably priced if used infrequently
Cons of tape: weird, sticky/sweaty sensation, may chafe, may pull hair coming off, non-reuseable, requires prewrap/gauze at edges

Assuming you get cheap fabric, it will run you about $0.25 to $0.75 per yard of bandaging, and cheap tape will cost approximately $0.30 per yard.

If you go the athletic tape route, get prewrap of some sort or some gauze, because athletic tape loves to chafe and has a sharp enough edge to cut. You don't need a ton of prewrap, unless you're extremely hairy and sensitive

This post has been edited by The Forumcat: 09 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

Are you a deadman?
Deadman Wonderland Photoshoot 2012

We have candy...

COSPLAYS 2011-2012
ACEN XV: Mockingbird (Deadman Wonderland [5%], VY2 (Vocaloid) [15%]
SoyCon 5: Utatane Piko Love is War ver. (Vocaloid) [0%]
Hallowe'en 2012: Joker (Kuroshitsuji)[0%]
Miscellaneous: Drocell Keinz (Kuroshitsuji) [25%]

#3 User is offline   Rori 

• PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 4904

Posted 10 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

I would probably use the athletic tape, especially since it looks like it would go around your hands and at various angles.

Prewrap everything the tape will touch (just one layer; this stuff can be pretty expensive). Then put the athletic tape over it. When you're done with cosplay for the day, you just cut it off with scissors.

I've used fabric before for wraps and its kind of a pain, but like Forumcat said, it is reusable. If you go the fabric route, cutting the fabric at a 45 degree angle will make your "tape" more stretchy. Sew strips together and iron the seam flat to minimize the appearance of the seam. If you cut with the grain of the cloth, its not going to flex around as easily.
あなたが考えているほど世界はひどくないから。
Spam Poison

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users