Anime Central Forums: Hypothetical question? I have no intention of doing this. - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hypothetical question? I have no intention of doing this.

#1 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Because acen allows people to wear swasitkas. Are KKK costumes allowwed. They are historical.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#2 User is offline   Jeff 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

I approve of this hypothetical, if only because it may cause a shitstorm. Here is my post to track the results.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#3 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

ya np
link to meet up

practice your goose steps
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#4 User is offline   Jess Jupiter 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 26471

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

The thing with swastikas is that they actually have more than one meaning, the Nazi party just happened to adopt it as their symbol and bastardized it. Not to mention that its clear if they're on a historical costume that its part of that costume. The KKK uniform is still used today in regular practices of the group, and therefore, while you'll be wearing a costume, I don't honestly think that anyone's going to sit there and think "Great cosplay. Super accurate." they'll instead think "Wow....what a racist butthead." (which hey, that might be the effect you're going for!).

I'm not staff or anything, but I'd vote against it on regulatory grounds as well as moral. There's no specific rule against it, however there are rules about costumes that have/promote hate speech (which I believe a KKK uniform would definitely fall under.) While swastika's are allowed, I'm not sure any of the staff or higher ups would be comfortable allowing a KKK uniform to be associated with their convention (whether or not you're 'jokingly' cosplaying or an actual KKK member) and would promptly ask you to change or promptly bar you from the con.

But hey, man, if you want to chance it, feel free. I honestly don't see the fun in having a 's*it storm' follow you around because of it, but to each their own.

This post has been edited by Jess Jupiter: 12 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

The Enthusiasts
Photographers with a cosplay problem!
Assistant Photobooth Manager, Private Photographer, & Photographer's Coordinator.

#5 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

People dressed as nazis is also hate speech.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#6 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

View Postopimus.rm, on 05 December 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

Because acen allows people to wear swasitkas. Are KKK costumes allowwed. They are historical.

Nope.

As far as the Nazi thing goes, I'm still all for this:

In replacement for the swastika, I would highly recommend screenprinting the appropriate country heads from here for your insignias. (Make sure your volume is UP. ;) )

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users