Anime Central Forums: Hetalia - Ask A Nation Panel 2012 - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hetalia - Ask A Nation Panel 2012

#1 User is offline   jessicalynnchan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59941
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 16-April 11
  • Location:pittsburgh, pa

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

EDIT 3/28/2012:: HEY GUYS! THE AUDITION VIDEO IS UP! PLEASE GO HERE: AUDITION VIDEO LINK!!!! -- IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AUDITIONING TO BE ON THE PANEL!! THANK YOU! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK!


Hello all! I am just posting to let everyone know that my group and I have been accepted to run the Ask A Nation panel this year at Acen! We are not the same group that ran it last year though we have a few of the same members returning, but we hope we will provide you with tons of laughs and a good time.

We have a pretty full cast but will probably be opening up auditions for a few extra nations at some point here in the near future.

For those of you who have never attended an Ask A Nation panel before, let me explain briefly what it is. Our panelists will be dressed as the characters/nations from the anime Axis Powers Hetalia. This panel will be a lot of audience participation. You, as the audience will be asking us questions which we will in turn, answer in character! Simple as that. We have run this panel before at another convention. (tekkoshocon 2011) We have found that it was very fun, and people seemed to enjoy themselves.

CURRENT CAST LIST:
AMERICA: http://jessicalynnchan.deviantart.com/ -- http://www.youtube.com/jessicalynnchan
CANADA: http://foxeses.deviantart.com/ -- http://www.youtube.com/foxeses
ENGLAND: http://youtube.com/aphwildhimaruya
ITALY: http://shysmile312.deviantart.com/ -- http://www.youtube.com/shysmile312
GERMANY: http://graveangel2000.deviantart.com/ - http://www.youtube.com/graveangel2000
JAPAN: http://xphoenix-downx.deviantart.com/
FRANCE: http://jack-of-heart...deviantart.com/
PRUSSIA: http://iris-iridesce...deviantart.com/
HUNGARY: http://wickedsuchi.deviantart.com/
RUSSIA: http://thestreetsare...deviantart.com/

EDIT: WE WILL BE HOLDING AUDITIONS!!!!!

We will be auditioning for the following characters:

- ALL CHARACTERS ARE ABLE TO BE AUDITIONED FOR EXCEPT AMERICA AND CANADA. WHILE WE DO HAVE A FULL CAST IT IS POSSIBLE SOME OF OUR MEMBERS CAN NOT MAKE IT AND THE SPOTS MAY BE AVAILABLE.

OUTSIDE OF THE CAST WE HAVE THOUGH WE WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE AUDITIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERS AS WELL:
-AUSTRIA
-SPAIN
-ROMANO
-POLAND
-LITHUANIA

- We will also be auditioning for other characters but we would like to fill these roles before anything else. Also, there is a chance that you may not be accepted onto the panel. If this is the case I will of course provide you with the reason. It would be nothing personal just based off of the direction and feel we want to give to the panel based off of what characters audition!!

I will update here once the audition video is up so keep checking back!

Thanks guys! :)

This post has been edited by jessicalynnchan: 28 March 2012 - 08:04 AM


#2 User is offline   Americat 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61231
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 12-December 11
  • Location:USA

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hey! :D Do you know what day it would be on? I would LOVE to audition! XD
(cosplaying Americat/Amerikitty x3)
acen 2012 cosplay:
Americat (nekotalia- hetalia)

#3 User is offline   jessicalynnchan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59941
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 16-April 11
  • Location:pittsburgh, pa

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

View PostAmericat, on 13 December 2011 - 05:17 PM, said:

Hey! :D Do you know what day it would be on? I would LOVE to audition! XD
(cosplaying Americat/Amerikitty x3)


hi hun! we are not sure yet as we do not know if the panel has been accepted yet. also we already have an america, but thank you so muchfor offering! hope to see you there if the panel gets picked up! :]

#4 User is offline   jessicalynnchan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59941
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 16-April 11
  • Location:pittsburgh, pa

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

FYI we have some Audition information in our main post now! Check it out! More info to come soon!

#5 User is offline   Ashori 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991
  • Posts: 924
  • Joined: 07-May 07
  • Location:Midway between Mil and Chi, WI

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

If this does happen, I believe it'll be a lot of fun and my friend and I will definitely be coming. ^^
Will this be an 18+ panel, or will discussion try to be curved to a PG-13 level? We'd love to know so if we come up with questions ahead of time, we know what can be asked and not asked.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#6 User is offline   jessicalynnchan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59941
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 16-April 11
  • Location:pittsburgh, pa

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

View PostAshori, on 04 March 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

If this does happen, I believe it'll be a lot of fun and my friend and I will definitely be coming. ^^
Will this be an 18+ panel, or will discussion try to be curved to a PG-13 level? We'd love to know so if we come up with questions ahead of time, we know what can be asked and not asked.


We actually did get accepted so the panel will definitely be happening!

This panel will be a PG-13 panel so everyone is welcome to come and we would like to keep the questions clean! thanks so much for asking!

#7 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

  • Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017
  • Posts: 441
  • Joined: 08-May 07
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

(Just a heads up -- France, Prussia, Japan and Russia are broken links. :<)

This looks like it could be a really fun one to see. I've never seen this done though - are the questions more fandom-centric, canon-series-centric, or tied into modern politics, global affairs and culture (or maybe all the above)? Is it more pairing-themed acting (FrUK, Itarmany, Prusstria) or more slapstick than SACRE BLEU, MIERRIE MEE EENGLUND *KEESKEES* (it sounded better in my head lol)? The potential, just overall with this whole thing, here is amazing; I am {/excite}. :3
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#8 User is offline   jessicalynnchan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59941
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 16-April 11
  • Location:pittsburgh, pa

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

View Postchainedbyroses, on 05 March 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

(Just a heads up -- France, Prussia, Japan and Russia are broken links. :<)

This looks like it could be a really fun one to see. I've never seen this done though - are the questions more fandom-centric, canon-series-centric, or tied into modern politics, global affairs and culture (or maybe all the above)? Is it more pairing-themed acting (FrUK, Itarmany, Prusstria) or more slapstick than SACRE BLEU, MIERRIE MEE EENGLUND *KEESKEES* (it sounded better in my head lol)? The potential, just overall with this whole thing, here is amazing; I am {/excite}. :3


(thank you for the heads up!)

In the past the questions seem to be really random! They range from anything really. We just want to male sure that all questions are cleaan therefore are trying to steer away from pairing questions. I've had people ask America about mcdonalds, Justin bieber, Rebecca black, video games, Canada, movies, some canon stuff, it really just depends on the audience! :)

#9 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

  • Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017
  • Posts: 441
  • Joined: 08-May 07
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Ah, I see. So basically, it's just about as random as the show, then.

Would you guys shy away from more political ones? Part of me really really really REEEEEEEAAAAAALY wants to ask Russia about "his boss's"/Putin's "shocking" landslide return presidential victory (especially if I can also be dressed as Russia in my dad's 70 Russia-style trench coat 83 <3), just how thoroughly Britain intends to kiss Putin'sRussia's backside to be "friends" now (since his chair of doom failed, LOL), Poland's perpetually breaking planes, trains, and automobiles (IT'S OKAY I'LL JUST MOVE MY HOUSE, SMELL YA LATER), and Japan how they plan to handle future cases of escaped penguins. :3
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#10 User is offline   jessicalynnchan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59941
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 16-April 11
  • Location:pittsburgh, pa

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

View Postchainedbyroses, on 05 March 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

Ah, I see. So basically, it's just about as random as the show, then.

Would you guys shy away from more political ones? Part of me really really really REEEEEEEAAAAAALY wants to ask Russia about "his boss's"/Putin's "shocking" landslide return presidential victory (especially if I can also be dressed as Russia in my dad's 70 Russia-style trench coat 83 <3), just how thoroughly Britain intends to kiss Putin'sRussia's backside to be "friends" now (since his chair of doom failed, LOL), Poland's perpetually breaking planes, trains, and automobiles (IT'S OKAY I'LL JUST MOVE MY HOUSE, SMELL YA LATER), and Japan how they plan to handle future cases of escaped penguins. :3


Those all sound fine. i would shy away from the questions associated with specifically mentioning any political leaders just because they can lead to uncomfortable topics. you know what i mean? but the others sound fine :]

#11 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

  • Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017
  • Posts: 441
  • Joined: 08-May 07
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Fair enough. The show never did really mention political leaders anyway, bar those long dead (oh hey Franz Joseph & the patched underoos~).

If anyone's willing, would you guys consider adding in other countries, like China, Santa!Finland, Sealand, and/or Grandpa Rome (:D)?
if you need a Rome I've got 4 years AP/honors Latin + Roman Culture/History under the belt & know how to make a REAL toga omg squee
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#12 User is offline   jessicalynnchan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59941
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 16-April 11
  • Location:pittsburgh, pa

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

View Postchainedbyroses, on 07 March 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Fair enough. The show never did really mention political leaders anyway, bar those long dead (oh hey Franz Joseph & the patched underoos~).

If anyone's willing, would you guys consider adding in other countries, like China, Santa!Finland, Sealand, and/or Grandpa Rome (:D)?
if you need a Rome I've got 4 years AP/honors Latin + Roman Culture/History under the belt & know how to make a REAL toga omg squee

Unfortunately I don't really want to go the route of Rome but any of the others are more than welcome to audition!

#13 User is offline   jessicalynnchan 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59941
  • Posts: 25
  • Joined: 16-April 11
  • Location:pittsburgh, pa

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

THE AUDITION VIDEO IS UP, PLEASE READ THE EDIT AT THE TOP OF THE MAIN POST FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO AUDITION!

View Postchainedbyroses, on 07 March 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Fair enough. The show never did really mention political leaders anyway, bar those long dead (oh hey Franz Joseph & the patched underoos~).

If anyone's willing, would you guys consider adding in other countries, like China, Santa!Finland, Sealand, and/or Grandpa Rome (:D)?
if you need a Rome I've got 4 years AP/honors Latin + Roman Culture/History under the belt & know how to make a REAL toga omg squee



Hey, i just wanted to hit you up to let you know the audition video is now up! <3

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users