• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Embassy Suites Information Wrong

#1 User is offline   megoomba 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 11440

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:27 AM

I just called the Embassy Suites to make my reservation, at 8AM on November 1st, just like the newsletter said to. However, I was told that there are no double bed rooms available in the ACen block at all and all that was available were king bed rooms at $184 per night. I went ahead and reserved just because I wanted to make sure I had a room, but just a heads up to everyone waiting for the double rooms the website/newsletter claims are available that the information is wrong.... *sigh* I really hope this is just a miscommunication and more information will become available late in the day. Because if that doesn't happen either the website was wrong about the rates and availability of a two double bed room, or the newsletter was wrong about the date/time and we could reserve all along and now all the double bed rooms are booked.

As you can tell, I'm a little annoyed at being told one thing and then finding out another after I've done everything the newsletter indicated.

#2 User is offline   LiptoreeaTrautux 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58657

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:48 AM

The same exact thing just happen to me. I called at 8am as well and was told that only king rooms are left. I called again a few minutes ago and was put on a list to be changed to a double room if more open up. (Which she said might be the case because it seems like only part of the block has been open) I would recommend calling again and getting onto that list. -anger- It's really annoying when you follow what the AcEN page says and find out a ton of people called in weeks ago. >_<
AcEN 2012 Cosplay:
Genis Sage (ToS)
China (Hetalia)

#3 User is offline   megoomba 

• Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

I just called back and they said there was no such list ;____; They did put a request on my reservation saying that if a double bed room becomes available when I check in that that's what I'd get but I mean... it's ACen. I think HELL would freeze over before there's ANY room open at the Embassy on the day of, you know?

And yeah, so ticked off when I do everything I'm told by the website/newsletter and I get burned for following instructions.

#4 User is offline   piratecapnspazz 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11035

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:24 AM

I can't even register online. :/ I tried using MAPS or Anime Central as a promotion code but that didn't work either. I've got work soon so I can't even call in. :/ Is it 8 am Pacific time or something, lol?

#5 User is offline   megoomba 

• Pip

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

No, it was SUPPOSEDLY 8am central time, but seeing as it's 1pm and there's still no official information.... yeah.

New rule: Whatever ACen tells you, assume it to be five days earlier.

#6 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

As I stated in the thread about Embassy Suites room block opening early, I recommended that anyone who was looking to book a double double room should call in as soon as possible. Those rooms book faster at the Embassy than anywhere else. I'm not surprised that they're sold out.

For those of you who decided to wait till the block officially opened, I'm sorry you missed out on the double bed rooms. I would recommend reserving a king room instead keeping in mind that there is a queen size sofabed in the "living room" of the suite. Putting yourself on a wait list will probably only end with you not getting a room in the Embassy at all.

Good luck in your rooming endeavors, and I'll be keeping an eye on things in the forums to see if there is anything I can do to help out.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#7 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

Whatever happen to a direct link? I like that better then calling. I don't do so well talking to strangers. :(
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#8 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

I've read comments of others who've tried to get a double suite at the Embassy. Very shocked to see those rooms got gobbled up fast. I'll keep my King room for now and see if any double rooms open up soon.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#9 User is offline   icebratrpg 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 980

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 01 November 2011 - 03:03 PM, said:

Whatever happen to a direct link? I like that better then calling. I don't do so well talking to strangers. :(

Quoted for truth, and to remind that there's more interest in this than one might think.
Member of the Plushie Guardian Alliance <3 ACen 12 pix, you can has them. ^^ Member of the OLRmy, now a member of the Voice of Geeks Network!

Proud Masq gofer 2006-2008 Reg Staff 2009. ACen addict since 2003

#10 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Web links are up for the DT and Embassy http://www.acen.org/...tel-information hope that helps

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#11 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

View PostPurplegodess, on 01 November 2011 - 11:30 PM, said:

Web links are up for the DT and Embassy http://www.acen.org/...tel-information hope that helps

That doesn't work at all, the dates are not available. What I meant is a link that will allow someone to book the hotel not block them from booking a room. The only way to book from what I see is calling and I'm not in a quite place to call them now.
Take A Good Look At Me

#12 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

Ill ask and see what I can find out

M.A.P.S. Director

#13 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

I was able to get the room rates for the embassy to come up correctly by plugging in our convention dates in the check in and check out area. They seem to be default set to the 23rd of April through May 1st but if you change them to the 27-29th they give the right rate. Does that help?

M.A.P.S. Director

#14 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

View PostPurplegodess, on 02 November 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

I was able to get the room rates for the embassy to come up correctly by plugging in our convention dates in the check in and check out area. They seem to be default set to the 23rd of April through May 1st but if you change them to the 27-29th they give the right rate. Does that help?

Nope all I got was the that the rooms are taken each time. And I did it on 2 different hotels. Last year there was no problems booking a hotel on line. I'll just commute from home.

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 02 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

Take A Good Look At Me

#15 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 02 November 2011 - 05:33 PM, said:

Nope all I got was the that the rooms are taken each time. And I did it on 2 different hotels. Last year there was no problems booking a hotel on line. I'll just commute from home.

Well, it's only the second day it's officially been live so these few first days will have all the errors & issues popping up, computers being fickle fiends and all. not to mention the block was inadvertently "open"ed before it was supposed to, not even to mention all the people who were booking before the block was announced .... with all the the hotels are gonna be a little screwed up trying to sort everything out at the moment. By the end of the week they'll likely have it all fixed, but if you want any stray doubles left, calling really would be fastest since technology isn't always as fast or reliable as a living person typing & hearing -exactly- what you want.

If you're uncomfortable calling, perhaps a friend or family member could do the talking on the phone (with you there) & book for you? On the phone reservations, they just want your card number & info - they're not gonna ask if say your mum or brother's really you (unless it's say a girls name & a boy voice talking, or vice-versa, really) since that's kinda impossible to verify. If you're calling the Embassy in the morning, Susanne (sp?) was really helpful & friendly when I called so perhaps you/they could ask for her? Mention from the get-go you're looking to book a room the nights of the 27th & 28th of April for the ACen reservation block & she'll take care of it all. If there's no more doubles, take a king for now (w/ the couch-queen bed in the living room that's still 2 "beds", plus the armchairs & I wanna say recliner [*might be mixing up the St Paul one w/ here*]) & mention that if a double opens up you'll take that instead. If you have a Hilton Rewards account, sign in after you've booked & change your preference under Bed Type to "Double / Two Beds", & any other preferences you have (nearness to elevators, floor top/bottom closeness, etc) and they'll do their best to honor that when your reservation comes.

** Also: your profile doesn't say how old you are, so if you're not over 21, make sure when calling to ask for a manager so they can note it on file & allow you to check in legally -- if you apply online they can't note that & you may not be allowed to check-in, since due to liquor laws in IL you have to be 21 to stay in a hotel room without a parent/guardian...even though you can rent one at 18 with a credit card/new-found ability to make legal agreements. Stupid policy, yes, but eh, we're IL ... we seldom make sense, especially when it involves the supposedly "common" kind of sense 8D. **
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#16 User is offline   piratecapnspazz 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11035

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Well, I ended up just calling. I only need one bed so that worked out for me. The issue with reserving a room online that I had was there wasn't any word on a promotional code for ACen weekend and I think that is what's really missing and keeping people from booking rooms.

#17 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

The group booking code is "ANE." I was able to go to the main Embassy Suites O'Hare site, check for availability, enter group code ANE for April 26-29 (because I know some people like to come in on Thursday), and king rooms show availability. I did not complete the registration because I'm staff, but if someone is looking to book ES online, please give this method a try and let us know if it is successful.

Thanks!
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#18 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 03 November 2011 - 11:17 AM, said:

The group booking code is "ANE." I was able to go to the main Embassy Suites O'Hare site, check for availability, enter group code ANE for April 26-29 (because I know some people like to come in on Thursday), and king rooms show availability. I did not complete the registration because I'm staff, but if someone is looking to book ES online, please give this method a try and let us know if it is successful.

Thanks!

Thank you that is all I ever needed. It worked fine now that I know what the code is. :)

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 03 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Take A Good Look At Me

#19 User is offline   Hotel Relations Autobot 

• Hotel and Convention Site Relations Officer
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 61078

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 03 November 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

Thank you that is all I ever needed. It worked fine now that I know what the code is. :)

Sorry about the trouble, Cookie. It should be sorted for everyone now. Let me know if there's an issue!

#20 User is offline   rideamustang 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9079

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:47 PM

Got my room booked! Me, two teenagers, and a 9 year old, in a king room. It might work out though. If its true that the sofa pulls out into a bed, the teenagers can sleep there, and I can have the 9 year old with me in the king. :-) Thanks for the online code. Made things super easy.
Save a horse, ride a Mustang... :D

#21 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

View Postrideamustang, on 12 November 2011 - 01:47 PM, said:

Got my room booked! Me, two teenagers, and a 9 year old, in a king room. It might work out though. If its true that the sofa pulls out into a bed, the teenagers can sleep there, and I can have the 9 year old with me in the king. :-) Thanks for the online code. Made things super easy.

yes that's true. the sofa folds out into a bed
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users