• This topic is locked

Doujinshi Available?

#1 User is offline   Defyplums 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61052

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

2012 will be my first trip to ACEN and I'm curious how many artists in the alley sell Doujinshi? I've been to a few cons and I've only seen a couple of artists selling. Are there more artists who tend to sell their original work?
"If epic failures were Olympic events, I'd be on the Wheaties box."

#2 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

Do you mean original or from Japan? BL, hentai, yaoi or vanilla?

Offhand there are between 5-10 that sell doujinshi commercially from Japan in the dealer room, not counting the yelling yaoi guy. You can also buy artist alley artwork doujinshi or ask for commissions if you are lucky.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#3 User is offline   Defyplums 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61052

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:34 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 24 October 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

Do you mean original or from Japan? BL, hentai, yaoi or vanilla?

Offhand there are between 5-10 that sell doujinshi commercially from Japan in the dealer room, not counting the yelling yaoi guy. You can also buy artist alley artwork doujinshi or ask for commissions if you are lucky.

The "Yelling Yaoi Guy"? Oh, I can't WAIT to see/hear him! It doesn't have to be commercially from Japan. I've found a couple of really great doujinshi from artists right here in the states.

Since I'm a bit of a noob, what's the definition of vanilla?
"If epic failures were Olympic events, I'd be on the Wheaties box."

#4 User is offline   Malkozaine 

• Exhibit Space Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18764

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

I think by vanilla he means nothing has changed from the original material.
"I grant you the rights accorded to an enemy of the gods. You will live from
now, and for ever, in an endless cycle of rebirth; condemned in each life to be hated, feared, scorned, punished, and obliterated!"
-Lezard Valeth, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

#5 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

View PostMalkozaine, on 25 October 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

I think by vanilla he means nothing has changed from the original material.

Vanilla means sweet loving doujinshi but it can also mean, regular normal stuff. Since most of the doujinshi are NTR or what may have you, Vanilla is anything that's outside of that.

Yeah there is a yaoi yelling guy. He sells yaoi paddles and what may have you.

Oh FYI, some of the sellers of doujinshi do not go by circle, but instead go by pairing or series. The Yaoi yelling guy store sometimes have the books mixed up, since it's the first thing that you see from the artist alley x.x;;;;

So let's say you are looking for Omega-2d, you have to really look and ask around for that particular circle instead of the title in question.

If you really want doujinshi, the quickest way, but also the most expensive way, is to get a proxy and go on Toranoana. I found a lot of doujinshi there I couldn't find at Acen. Welll....I haven't found Zektbach to this day.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users