Anime Central Forums: 2012 Exhibitor List Question - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2012 Exhibitor List Question Program Book List

Poll: 2012 Exhibitor List Question (19 member(s) have cast votes)

How should the Exhibitor List be organized?

1. Alphabetically by Exhibitor Name (10 votes [52.63%])

Percentage of vote: 52.63%

2. By Exhibitor Booth Number, lowest to highest (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

3. Other (Please post) (3 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

Vote

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Hello Anime Central Attendees,

I am reviewing some of the things that Anime Central does to keep our Exhibit Hall the best it can be. Aside from the list and layout that is posted on the website, we are also looking at other things that help people experience the Exhibit Hall in all of it's glory. One of those things is how the Exhibitor List is ordered in our program book. So I am asking how you would like to see that list organized to help you find what or who you want to find. Let us know in the poll above, or if none of those choices are a match to what you want, let us know here as a reply. Posted Image
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:14 AM

Have you voted yet?

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   vika838 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58943

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

Please consider grouping vendors by the type of goods they sell, similar to how a mall groups their stores in categories on the mall map (ex. manga/doujinshi, women's apparel, men's apparel, weapons, etc.) Thank you!
Love and Peace!

Vika!

#4 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

View Postvika838, on 12 October 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

Please consider grouping vendors by the type of goods they sell, similar to how a mall groups their stores in categories on the mall map (ex. manga/doujinshi, women's apparel, men's apparel, weapons, etc.) Thank you!

Agree with this. I think it would be easier to navigate the Hall with this. Or if you can't' do that, maybe possibly posting what the vendor sells like what Vika said "manga/douji etc."

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 12 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

We can try our best, but we only get one page for the list, and one page for the map. :(
We do have the item types that the Exhibitors sell on the website in the mean time though.

#6 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

221 Views and only 11 Votes.
*Sad Panda*

#7 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

Guess I'm one of the noble few who likes numbering things... ^^;;
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#8 User is offline   vika838 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58943

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 12 October 2011 - 09:01 PM, said:

We can try our best, but we only get one page for the list, and one page for the map. :(
We do have the item types that the Exhibitors sell on the website in the mean time though.

I suppose it would depend on how many vendors are attending and the specificity of categories, in terms of space. One way would be to ask each vendor to choose from a list of categories which is the main category they think best describes their booth. And then assign each a number that would be listed next to their name, that would correspond to their number on the map. Here's an example:

Apparel:
The Five Wits--12
Zombie Buddy Productions--27
Glitch Gaming Apparel--34

18+ Materials:
Swords, Comics and Posters--6
Odyssey Anime--75
J. and J. Enterprises--53

If I refer to the program book, it will be because I'm looking for something specific like a wig, a weapon, etc. and I want to know my options and where they're located. Even after browsing, I rarely remember a vendor by it's name, but mainly by it's merchandise. Even a broad category would be helpful, because it can be very difficult to tell from the shop names what type of item they sell. Otherwise, I wouldn't use a listing in the program book if it just listed a name and a map.

This is just my opinion, regardless of the outcome, thank you for your efforts!
Love and Peace!

Vika!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users