• This topic is locked

iPhone 4S what do you think?

#1 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:06 AM

Well, Apple finally announced their long anticipated phone....the iPhone 4S which many people thought was going to be the iPhone 5. don't believe me?
---> www.apple.com

Personally, my prediction as the new iPhone being a hardware improvement was right. I did not think the "iPhone 5" would be real--not making some HUUUGE amazing crazy improvement since the iPhone 4 is still going strong.
I'm not sure if there are a ton of heavy Mac users here but the iPhone 4S is just like the OS Snow Leopard on the Mac...it was a heavy OS/system update for Leopard. The iPhone 4S is the same....it's more inside features instead of BIG "wow differences" like the new computer OS Lion did. It was more a change of everything....the iPhone 4S is like an iPhone 4 but with more bells and whistles inside.

I am excited for iCloud though.

What do you guys think of it? Discuss~
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#2 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:11 AM

I think it's interesting but I find it more interesting the supposed "outcry" from people that it's not the iPhone 5. So? It's still pretty cool. Besides, since it's not the iPhone 5, you know they're working on something awesome for it.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#3 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

I think many people were looking for a new design. I'll be more interestd once they get 4g on there.

#4 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

Here's what I got to say about yer fancy new eYephone.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#5 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:29 AM

View Postrondo, on 05 October 2011 - 10:23 AM, said:

I think many people were looking for a new design. I'll be more interestd once they get 4g on there.

Yeah people were looking for it, so I feel people might be disappointed because of it, but like Mag said I think they're waiting and Apple is biding it's time with a full new release of an "amazing new kind of iPhone." They did that same with OS X Lion...and the pattern of the phones might be now figured out..... iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S? lol XD
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#6 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

To me it doesn't matter that it wasn't an iPhone 5, all that matters is that I get my sister's iPhone 4 (I have 3GS) while she gets the 4S.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#7 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 06 October 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

To me it doesn't matter that it wasn't an iPhone 5, all that matters is that I get my sister's iPhone 4 (I have 3GS) while she gets the 4S.

hahah I'm thinking the same...now that the new iPhone is out, I can get the iPhone 4 cheaper as a refurb when I upgrade my phone in January...because the iPhone 4 isn't bad at all and I'm cool with having the model before for cheaper..... :3

#8 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 07 October 2011 - 09:38 AM, said:

hahah I'm thinking the same...now that the new iPhone is out, I can get the iPhone 4 cheaper as a refurb when I upgrade my phone in January...because the iPhone 4 isn't bad at all and I'm cool with having the model before for cheaper..... :3

I think I will stick with my i-4.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#9 User is offline   Professor_Hojo @_@ 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10054

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

I want it. Too poor. >>
ACen '12 Cosplays!!: ??????????????????

Visit me on Facebook! Tumblr! Twitter! DeviantArt!

#10 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Where is my Galaxy Nexus Prime? *waiting...waiting*

#11 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 07 October 2011 - 09:38 AM, said:

Some how my sister will end up charging me the price difference. :thumbdown: I wonder what cases will come with that if she bought any.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#12 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

Yeah! 8GB new iPhone 4s will be out Friday with the release for like 99...heck yeah. Maybe I'll get an iPhone after all.....

Yeah but I know a lot of people who don't want the 4S because they want a newer designed phone and are happy enough with the 4.

#13 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 10 October 2011 - 09:16 AM, said:

Yeah! 8GB new iPhone 4s will be out Friday with the release for like 99...heck yeah. Maybe I'll get an iPhone after all.....

Yeah but I know a lot of people who don't want the 4S because they want a newer designed phone and are happy enough with the 4.

$99 iPhone4's or $99 iPhone4s, lol.

#14 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

View Postrondo, on 10 October 2011 - 07:55 AM, said:

Where is my Galaxy Nexus Prime? *waiting...waiting*

Hopefully this month, but will most likely be November/December. They are announcing it soon! =) Not sure how long they're gonna delay the announcement though due to Steve Jobs' Death. But yeah. http://www.mobiledia...ews/111365.html
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#15 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

I have had the iPhone 4 since last year. I'm actually ready for an upgrade! I'll wait until 5 is released (whenever that is) but I use my current one for everything (including this message you read now!) God bless Steve Jobs, RIP. :(
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#16 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

I actually just got the 4S the other day when my old dino phone finally bit it. A long-needed upgrade & our plan already had upgrades to it, and to have a phone that's legitimately stable & functional made a big deal (last phone was an archaic PoS that borked the 2nd or 3rd day I had it final sale :/).

The fact that 4S (not 4) is a World Phone makes it a big deal if you ever plan to travel internationally (& was a selling factor to me) -- what that means is you can keep your same current phone while in the other country & not have to buy a phone there. If you have ATT for example, they'd just hook you up with NTT Docomo in Japan & boom! your phone now magically works in Japan (*Or if with another providere, whoever they partnered with on international deals). Pretty sweet deal (especially since iPhone can natively read and write Japanese as it is, so it's there when you need it ^^7)

The fact that the power inside has a mass boost was also a big deal -- if I'm gonna be using this thing for the next 2 years of my contract, I'd rather it not be obsolete in 6 weeks*, thankyouverymuch. At least this way, I may have paid/charged more, but the tech will be relevant longer & not fall out of support in the first 6 months of ownership. (*@ purchase time ATT reported they were told to put the i4 into retirement and make all sales on 'em final)

Last big selling point: iPhone 4 stalks you worse than facebook. iPhone 4S has a native setting to disable the stalking. Turn off Location Services & you no longer get followed everywhere by stalky stalking stalker co. (*Just remember to turn it on temporarily if you want to use the built-in compass or GPS*) ^^d

There were other minor considerations factoring into the decision, but the above were really the deciding factors for me.

Just my 2 cents, coming from an initial skeptic who's glad she decided to ignore the complaints of the media masses. :3
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users