• This topic is locked

The good, the bad, the cliche.

#1 User is offline   Necro Dark Prince 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 35097

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

Yes, I am here, STANDING ATOP THE HEAVEN'S!!!!

To throw in the names of those whom may never actually be considered (due to the payment for such artist probably hitting a high that would have Artie wanting to shoot everyone) for our musical enjoyment in 2012!

THE GOOD!! Dir En Grey! I got into the band almost three years ago now, and I'm starting to hear a lot more people get into them. It's a visual kei band, so it may not appeal to the masses, though I don't think I can make that argument after last ACEN. It's a band to look into.

Back-On (Did the intro for Air Gear, Chain and Kodou.) Awesome band, actually one of my favorites. Also worth looking into.

ABINGDON BOYS SCHOOL! (Lead singer is T.M Revolution, who did the Soul Eater intro Resonance, and Gundam Seed Destiny's Invoke. I'm sure he did a lot more, as well as a cover of Hot Limit, which was done again by High and Mighty Color.) For the band ABS itself, it has done Howling, the intro for Darker Than Black, JAP, the intro for Sengoku Basara, and Nephilim, which I think was the ending for Fable? I don't remember, though I do doubt it was Fable. The band is GREAT. (Favorite song being Lost Reason ft. Micro from Home Made Kazoku.)

THE BAD!! Not what you would expect. This band is great to me. The only problem I see is that they have an American lead singer. I'm not saying that's bad, just that I don't know if the ACEN crowd would accept a Japanese band that does all english songs. (And by English, I mean all the songs are perfectly and clearly English, so its more like a normal rock band than a Japanese one.) The band is Coldrain. They've done two or three anime intros already, though I can't remember the name of the anime's. I know one of the songs titles was Not Alone. It was for an anime with people in a concentration camp. (Never said the anime was interesting did I?)

THE CLICHE!! Uverworld and Asian Kung-Fu Generation. I'm sure both of these bands names have come up several times through the years. (Come on, who doesn't know D-Technolife from Bleach, Colors of the Heart from Blood+, Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi from Gundam 00, Haruka Kanata from Naruto, Re-raito from Full Metal, and etc.) These pretty much speak for themselves.

So, an extensive list of potential's for the next con, and anyone else is free to throw in as well. I missed a few of my favorites, but what about everyone else? These sound good, or are there extensive lists on your minds waiting to take the stage?
Be nice, or we'll find you!
When enough just isn't enough...you're overweight.

#2 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

View PostNecro Dark Prince, on 02 October 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

Yes, I am here, STANDING ATOP THE HEAVEN'S!!!!

To throw in the names of those whom may never actually be considered (due to the payment for such artist probably hitting a high that would have Artie wanting to shoot everyone) for our musical enjoyment in 2012!

THE GOOD!! Dir En Grey! I got into the band almost three years ago now, and I'm starting to hear a lot more people get into them. It's a visual kei band, so it may not appeal to the masses, though I don't think I can make that argument after last ACEN. It's a band to look into.

Back-On (Did the intro for Air Gear, Chain and Kodou.) Awesome band, actually one of my favorites. Also worth looking into.

ABINGDON BOYS SCHOOL! (Lead singer is T.M Revolution, who did the Soul Eater intro Resonance, and Gundam Seed Destiny's Invoke. I'm sure he did a lot more, as well as a cover of Hot Limit, which was done again by High and Mighty Color.) For the band ABS itself, it has done Howling, the intro for Darker Than Black, JAP, the intro for Sengoku Basara, and Nephilim, which I think was the ending for Fable? I don't remember, though I do doubt it was Fable. The band is GREAT. (Favorite song being Lost Reason ft. Micro from Home Made Kazoku.)

THE BAD!! Not what you would expect. This band is great to me. The only problem I see is that they have an American lead singer. I'm not saying that's bad, just that I don't know if the ACEN crowd would accept a Japanese band that does all english songs. (And by English, I mean all the songs are perfectly and clearly English, so its more like a normal rock band than a Japanese one.) The band is Coldrain. They've done two or three anime intros already, though I can't remember the name of the anime's. I know one of the songs titles was Not Alone. It was for an anime with people in a concentration camp. (Never said the anime was interesting did I?)

THE CLICHE!! Uverworld and Asian Kung-Fu Generation. I'm sure both of these bands names have come up several times through the years. (Come on, who doesn't know D-Technolife from Bleach, Colors of the Heart from Blood+, Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi from Gundam 00, Haruka Kanata from Naruto, Re-raito from Full Metal, and etc.) These pretty much speak for themselves.

So, an extensive list of potential's for the next con, and anyone else is free to throw in as well. I missed a few of my favorites, but what about everyone else? These sound good, or are there extensive lists on your minds waiting to take the stage?

I'm not a moderator or anything, but if I were you I'd be really careful what you say and how you say it on the suggestions thread--don't want you to get in trouble for guest bashing saying a band is bad or is cliche... I wouldn't say anyone is bad or cliche, because some people might take it the wrong way. ^_^;;; just a heads up.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#3 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

I'd say more of watch out for the people and not the mods. lol It's an honest opinion that someone has, and it's not too much bashing, so I think dude is safe.

Tho seriously, uber fanboys/girls will attack you rabidly. They don't understand what a "good debate" means. >_>
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#4 User is offline   Necro Dark Prince 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

lol I wasn't saying that ANY of these bands were bad. All the bands listed above are on my favorites list. I was saying what was bad is that though I want Coldrain to be taken into consideration, I don't know how the general populace of attendees would take a Japanese band with an American lead singer.

And the cliche was only to say that I'm sure people have already asked for both Uverworld and Asian Kung-Fu generation, but it doesn't hurt to ask for them again.

Believe me, I will never do anything that would get me in trouble with the mods on here. I value my position in Reg too much to lose it over something like this.

#5 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

View PostNecro Dark Prince, on 03 October 2011 - 10:10 PM, said:

lol I wasn't saying that ANY of these bands were bad. All the bands listed above are on my favorites list. I was saying what was bad is that though I want Coldrain to be taken into consideration, I don't know how the general populace of attendees would take a Japanese band with an American lead singer.

And the cliche was only to say that I'm sure people have already asked for both Uverworld and Asian Kung-Fu generation, but it doesn't hurt to ask for them again.

Believe me, I will never do anything that would get me in trouble with the mods on here. I value my position in Reg too much to lose it over something like this.

I see yeah. I think I just got confused by the way you wrote it (and to think I read it twice too lol) but I getcha fully now lol.

But I do agree with Dir En Grey for sure! :D
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#6 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

Personally, I'd give a small piece of my soul for Crystal Kay to perform at ACen, though I have no idea if that would be affordable or not.

You know who else would be good? ClariS. The group that did the OP for Madoka.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#7 User is offline   Foolish Humon 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 31104

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

I can't think of any bands I don't want to have come, but I would L-O-V-E if we could somehow get Maximum the Hormone. ("What's Up People!?" and "Zetsubou Billy" from Death Note, "Akagi" from Akagi, and "Rolling1000toon" from Air Master). They are not only my favorite Japanese band but also one of my favorite bands period and it would make me so happy to be able to see them in concert.
"At the start Henry either dies or has sex, leaving not-Sarah to fall in love with or not in love with a shark, a squid, a pebble, a policeman or none or all of the above."
~*~ Behold my Manga, Cosplay, Artwork and Facebook ! ~*~
Look for me as time skip Sanji from One Piece at ACen 2012!

#8 User is offline   Necro Dark Prince 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

I forgot all about Maximum the Hormone. I was getting them confused with High and Mighty Color, thinking they had broken up. XD

I want to throw in Nana Kitade (The first ending to Full Metal Alchemist, the original.) and she co-sung Sorairo Days, the intro for Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. (She's done more, but those are the most noticeable imo.)

There are a lot of smaller bands out there too that need some recognition. Anyone know anyone worth looking into?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users