Anime Central Forums: What Pokemon would be good to watch? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What Pokemon would be good to watch?

#1 User is offline   Unka Josh 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 13162

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:15 AM

...With one thing and another, we're quite likely to be screening Pokemon at Anime Central. But boy, there's a lot of it, isn't there?

Which Pokemon should we show?
There is a slight flaw in my character.

#2 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

The original!!!!!!!!!!!!! Indigo league is my favorite because it's the original Poke'mon. It's great for people who haven't seen the original and it's awesome to find the story that started it all. :D Hopefully subbed? :D
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#3 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

show the the last episode of season one
let the fans see pikachu be set free
that will get to them lol
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#4 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hahahaha Knives~!

Season one or the B/W season would be good. Everyone loved Season one and B/W one is the most current.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#5 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

The original is always the best. ^^ If you get the dub, then yay - I love the original dub cast.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#6 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:56 PM

The Original. lol There is no other option. lol It has THAT theme song, and it actually is good. It goes down hill as soon as they leave Kanto.

I even hear Meowth joined Ash. *facepalm* No. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#7 User is offline   CurseOfTheLeek 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 29781

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

The Squirtle Squad. It will show everyone what it really means to be OG.
I will be was an absolutely enchanting totally ordinary Persona 4 protagonist gas station attendant.

#8 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

View PostAshori, on 29 September 2011 - 01:41 PM, said:

The original is always the best. ^^ If you get the dub, then yay - I love the original dub cast.

Yeah me too. I like the sub of Poke'mon because it's the original Japanese, but the dub is so darn nostalgic. ^_^

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 29 September 2011 - 05:19 PM

Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#9 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

I actually thought the dub was pretty close to the original. Especially with Ash. The one time 4kids did a good job.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#10 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

Original. I would also say Orange Islands, but Tracy annoyed me to no end.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#11 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

I am late to the game but I have both VHS original movies, Set part 2 of the Indigo League season, as well as the entire Orange Islands series. If you need any of those episodes I could bring 'em all (& if my panel's approved I'll likely have 'em w/ for Free/Fair Use clips anyway ^^).

Let's ALL OF SEASON 1 NOSTALGIA BUS!!!1! :D (...can we even do that? Make a designated Pikachu room? :o) This is one of the few times I'd advocate dub over sub - loved the original US cast :3

ALSO CAN WE HAS INVITE PROFESSOR OAK? HE IS HILARIOUS AND HOLY SHEET THAT WOULD BE AWESOME TO HAVE INTRODUCE THE VIDEOS

More seriously...
Personally I've always loved Pokemon 2000 The Movie (..is that even the proper title?), so I would be all giddy to watch that like I did as a kid in theatres :3

That or Pikachu The Movie -- Pikachu's Vacation (short @ beginning of 1st Movie!)
- the over-the-top 90s trippiness of it is awesome beyond words (SCENE TRANSITIONS SWEET GODS WAT SWEET GODS)
- They story itself is cute & only like 15 minutes but feels like a full ep (prolly bc w/o commercials they're ~the same length lol)

If we had/have to pick only a single episode I'd go for any of a few:
- Ash Catches a Pokemon! (S1, ep 3?) - otherly known as I AM DRESSED LIEK THE CATERPIE ON SCREEN THIS IS AWESOME & "lolMisty it's just a bug"
- Charizard Chills! - Charizard is no longer a pokeTroll & rekindles his Charmander friendship w Ash back -d'aww :3
- Miniryu no Densetsu! - This is the Dratini/Safari Zone episode the US never got; it's actually a pretty touching & funny ep (99.99% of Looney Toons was WAY worse than anything here, 4kids :/). Since 4kids officially dieded & I wanna say TPCI retook the reigns, we could try a call to their Seattle HQ to find out the status of the matter (esp since reports were they'd already dubbed the US version of it), and if we're lucky they may give us a green-light (especially considering US tv paranoia is not what it was 15 years ago). If they green-light it & we need to find the ep ourselves, last I knew the NicoNico/YT was still up (JP iTunes has it too iirc?), or I have the .flv/VLC if the others give you a lotta trouble. (*<3s Dratini* :3)
- THEE SONG OF JIGGLYPUFF (ep #42 Indigo) - Jiiiiiggalleee puffff, jigga le~eee puff~~ JiiiigaLEEePuff, Jiggaleeee~~~ :3 o/'.......puff? Jigglypuff! >:O ......<3 :3
- Holy Matrimony! (ep #45 Indigo) - James, Jezzibelle, & Growly Jame's Growlithe! Ya just can't hate this one even if you try :3
- The one with Misty's mermaid performance was always awesome. Loved that as a kid - The Misty Mermaid or something like that I wanna say? It was in the original Indigo League season 1 if that helps any ^^;

If I think of anything else I'll add 'em in~ :3
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#12 User is offline   Unka Josh 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 13162

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

I don't think that I can quite justify dedicating 20% of our programming to one show, but your enthusiasm is impressive...
There is a slight flaw in my character.

#13 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

ehehe... Yeah; I got excited when I saw Pokemon was requested ("OMGCHILDHOOD!!11!") XD;;
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users