• This topic is locked

Vanillaware 2012?

#1 User is offline   shadowhawk225 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18152

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

I've never actually tried to get a gathering together but I thought I'd put this out there and see if there's any interest in having a Vanillaware gathering. I figured there might be more interest if there gathering was for all their games since I've never really seen much in the way of cosplay from Vanillaware games.

For reference, they're games are:
- Odin Sphere
- GrimGrimoire
- Kumatanchi
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade
- Grand Knights History (Just came out)
- Dragon's Crown (Not out yet, but it's not not like that ever stopped a determined cosplayer)

So, any interest?
ACen 2013 cosplays:
Steampunk Sailor Saturn
Secret cosplay
Saber Alter
Tsunade
Ukyo Kuonji(?)

My DevArt Page

#2 User is offline   Karmada 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 15495

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

View Postshadowhawk225, on 11 September 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

I've never actually tried to get a gathering together but I thought I'd put this out there and see if there's any interest in having a Vanillaware gathering. I figured there might be more interest if there gathering was for all their games since I've never really seen much in the way of cosplay from Vanillaware games.

For reference, they're games are:
- Odin Sphere
- GrimGrimoire
- Kumatanchi
- Muramasa: The Demon Blade
- Grand Knights History (Just came out)
- Dragon's Crown (Not out yet, but it's not not like that ever stopped a determined cosplayer)

So, any interest?

I saw this was labeled on the gatherins list! If I can fix the knee part, I might be able to bring my MostlyComplete!Oswald Armor + Beldriver. I have to see how much room I'll have in the car. (I'm also going to be in the Alley, so I'm not sure how quickly I can get dressed/get away)

I've love to meet other Odin Sphere cosplayers!

#3 User is offline   shadowhawk225 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostKarmada, on 08 March 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

I saw this was labeled on the gatherins list! If I can fix the knee part, I might be able to bring my MostlyComplete!Oswald Armor + Beldriver. I have to see how much room I'll have in the car. (I'm also going to be in the Alley, so I'm not sure how quickly I can get dressed/get away)

I've love to meet other Odin Sphere cosplayers!

Honestly, I'm not sure how this gathering got onto the schedule. I didn't put in any request for it. Since no one ever posted here, I figured the idea just kind of fell flat. The shoot also ended up smack in the middle of a panel I've been planning to go to for some time. I'm kind of embarrased to say I don't know if I can make it to the shoot. I definitely be wearing my gown throughout the weekend, I'm just not sure about this. ._.; If you do bring Oswald, I'd love to meet up for pictures some time.
ACen 2013 cosplays:
Steampunk Sailor Saturn
Secret cosplay
Saber Alter
Tsunade
Ukyo Kuonji(?)

My DevArt Page

#4 User is offline   Karmada 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

View Postshadowhawk225, on 10 March 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

Honestly, I'm not sure how this gathering got onto the schedule. I didn't put in any request for it. Since no one ever posted here, I figured the idea just kind of fell flat. The shoot also ended up smack in the middle of a panel I've been planning to go to for some time. I'm kind of embarrased to say I don't know if I can make it to the shoot. I definitely be wearing my gown throughout the weekend, I'm just not sure about this. ._.; If you do bring Oswald, I'd love to meet up for pictures some time.

Ahhhh strange! Oh blast then.

Well, we'll see if I get the chance to fix it up, but I'm not entirely sure on my weekend plans at this point. I'll keep people posted if anything gets fixed up. :)

#5 User is offline   shadowhawk225 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

View PostKarmada, on 10 March 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

Ahhhh strange! Oh blast then.

Well, we'll see if I get the chance to fix it up, but I'm not entirely sure on my weekend plans at this point. I'll keep people posted if anything gets fixed up. :)

I hope you can get it fixed. A friend of mine was going to be Injured!Oswald for me but she bailed on me.

The panel I want to go to is pretty long so it probably wouldn't hurt to duck out and pop back in.
ACen 2013 cosplays:
Steampunk Sailor Saturn
Secret cosplay
Saber Alter
Tsunade
Ukyo Kuonji(?)

My DevArt Page

#6 User is offline   shadowhawk225 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

Well, the panel I was going to was moved. So I'm free to do this now. Unless something moves again.
ACen 2013 cosplays:
Steampunk Sailor Saturn
Secret cosplay
Saber Alter
Tsunade
Ukyo Kuonji(?)

My DevArt Page

#7 User is offline   Karmada 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

View Postshadowhawk225, on 13 March 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Well, the panel I was going to was moved. So I'm free to do this now. Unless something moves again.

Sure! As the time gets closer I can let you know further details. Also - if a different time would work better for you, I'd be okay with that as well - it's not like we need to be restricted to the photoshoot time only anyway.

Hopefully the knee piece isn't too hard to fix up, it's just one part that broke from overuse/walking/coldness so I've got my fingers crossed it isn't too bad. :)

#8 User is offline   Karmada 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Okay, I have an update, and it's unfortunate news. :( I managed to twist/pull/do something painful to my left leg, and I've been having to be super careful with it the past couple of weeks.

Which means my cosplay has gone down to the absolute minimum, and I won't be able to bring my armor, which is sad (I'll be lucky to get to wear a casual. One dress I can wear only cause it has like, flat comfy shoes with it).

Let me know if you plan to be at any other conventions with yours, and I'd always be willing to try and bring it then. :( I hope your costume has come out as lovely as you wanted it to!

#9 User is offline   shadowhawk225 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Oh no! That's too bad. I hope your leg feels better soon.

I have no idea when I'll be wearing the dress again after ACen. My con plans are so up in the air.

I think I'll be wearing it Friday morning/afternoon so if you see me, say hi :) I've got pics of the finished version on my dA.
ACen 2013 cosplays:
Steampunk Sailor Saturn
Secret cosplay
Saber Alter
Tsunade
Ukyo Kuonji(?)

My DevArt Page

#10 User is offline   Karmada 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

View Postshadowhawk225, on 26 April 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

Oh no! That's too bad. I hope your leg feels better soon.

I have no idea when I'll be wearing the dress again after ACen. My con plans are so up in the air.

I think I'll be wearing it Friday morning/afternoon so if you see me, say hi :) I've got pics of the finished version on my dA.

I didn't see you on those days (but i was also stuck at my booth all weekend).

I shall have to check out your DA page though! Odin Sphere always needs more love. :)

#11 User is offline   shadowhawk225 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostKarmada, on 30 April 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

I didn't see you on those days (but i was also stuck at my booth all weekend).

I shall have to check out your DA page though! Odin Sphere always needs more love. :)

Yeah, I didn't make it through much of the Alley in Gwendolyn before I had to get back to my room and rig up my Pokemon cosplay. So many safety pins.

Anyway, I have to wonder if anyone ended up at this shoot. I feel bad because I didn't. The Naruto shoot ran long since we moved inside to get out of the cold so we had extra time and a lot of people to get through. But after that, I was so tired, I didn't have it in me to go back and change again, especially into something that takes concentration to wear.
ACen 2013 cosplays:
Steampunk Sailor Saturn
Secret cosplay
Saber Alter
Tsunade
Ukyo Kuonji(?)

My DevArt Page

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users