Anime Central Forums: Seperate award for musical skits? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Seperate award for musical skits? Good or bad idea?

#1 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

There's not much explaining to this, I was just wondering if it would be a good idea to add "Best Musical Skit" to the awards list? It seems that those usually win or do really well,and the amount of them keeps growing, so maybe it could become a seperate category? I know other cons do this, like Ohayocon.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#2 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:50 PM

I'm sorry, but now that this part of the forums is less dead, I'm bumping it. Is it at all possible to conseider a seperate award for singing/dancing skits?
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#3 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

I honestly like that idea, since skits and singing are not the same. It also would be fair to the different acts since really a song act competing against a comedy skit might be a bit difficult to judge based on their differences.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#4 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Right? Like maybe if 60% of the skit is music based, it counts as a "musical skit?"

That would classify singing and dancing into one category, and then spoken ones into another. One problem would be the skits in which there are just music, but no singing, dancing, or dialogue either, like the Godzilla skit two years ago. I'm not sure how that would be done(perhaps on a case-by-case basis), but I think this would be a great idea to consider.

#5 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostKrystal, on 22 February 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Right? Like maybe if 60% of the skit is music based, it counts as a "musical skit?"

That would classify singing and dancing into one category, and then spoken ones into another. One problem would be the skits in which there are just music, but no singing, dancing, or dialogue either, like the Godzilla skit two years ago. I'm not sure how that would be done(perhaps on a case-by-case basis), but I think this would be a great idea to consider.

Might also help by having maybe a show dedicated for the skits and musical numbers then the best out of those are showcased at the Masqurade?

Maybe Singing could be classed as, "Music and Vocal" this way it covers both areas and have an award for both in seperate catagories. Like: Best Singing act, Best Music/Band act.

I like the idea of catagorizing something based on how much of something is in the skit. I do have a question, what about acts where they are lip syncing and dancing to a legit song? Do they count as a spoken, song, or dancing act? I would think dancing since that part is being actually preformed and not the song, but someone might say that the lip synic is part of the act so it might be singing. What do you think.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#6 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

How about a "musical talents" category? Both singing and dancibg would be in it. Basically, if the merit of the skit is some sort of talent associated with music, it could be in it?

#7 User is offline   ThatOneChick 

• Masquerade ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2371

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

Our awards have already been submitted for this year. We will look into for next year!
Don't forget the rabies. Everything taste better with rabies. YAY rabies!

JessiePridemore.com Cosplay deviantART

#8 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

One one hand it would make an apples to apples comparison for each skit type, but if you lump singing with dancing and you get one overall singing that is pure angels, then compair it to a dance which might be more story drive in creativity even though the moves are not as clean as a pro the singing skit wins out.

Of course dance as it is at a big city con like acen is tough as could be, many of them are from chicago and when it comes to hiphop or street style dance, they are some of the best, even though the representation might not be there in all the dance and talent tv shows there are, Chicago is the birthplace of many differant forms of house music, like chicago house, juke house, acid house, ghetto booty house, and fijit just to name a few, not to mention all the great blues artists of the city, so its dances that went along with it are rooted deep in the city, as opposed to say nashville, or atlanta georgia, for example.

and then who wins the best in show skit if this is a seperate category, if it is a real good skit like the mario brothers skit was after me last year.

I have one more skit up my sleeve this year you will like I am sure even if I might not be the greatest performer in the world. lol

signed Manga1

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users