• You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite Anime Couple?

#61 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

I don't either, unless I see they have a spark with somebody or an interesting relationship. as en ex, I wouldn't pair up Neji with anybody just because I haven't really seen him in any situation where they show a love interest for him.
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#62 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:55 AM

@Inkwell09: Depends on the series. Like with Fruit Basket, I don't read any pairing or really ship it.

Also does pairing up non favorite characters count? Like characters who have canon relationships like ShinraxCelty or the two from Kimi no.

My favorite characters from the anime Sumomomo is Iroha and Sanae and they already have love interests but I ship MomokoxEndou due to the main canon pairing.

I ship Narumi/Raidou and Tae/Raidou even though its not anime related because Raidou needs something outside of his duty.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#63 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

View Posti_like_kyos, on 14 September 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

My favorite couples are probably:

1. Tohru and Kyo- Fruits Basket
2. Domyouji and Makino- Hana Yori Dango
3.Haruhi and Tamaki- Ouran High School Host Club
4. Ren and Kyoko- Skip Beat... If they don't end up together I will go ballistic. Seriously.

Also I am extremely fond of RosielXKatan and KiraXKato from Angel Sanctuary and GutsXGriffith from Berserk. It is my firm belief that Griffith was in love with Guts...

YES. If Ren and Kyoko do not get together I will freak the heck out too. They are so perfect for each other, and because we all know
Spoiler
makes them so cute and have that bond from long ago when Kyoko was in distress from her past. Haha I could go on for so long about them too. <3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#64 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 16 September 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

YES. If Ren and Kyoko do not get together I will freak the heck out too. They are so perfect for each other, and because we all know
Spoiler
makes them so cute and have that bond from long ago when Kyoko was in distress from her past. Haha I could go on for so long about them too. <3

Glad I'm not the only one who rants on their favorite pairings :P

I could rant on and on about NaruSaku, Usagi and Mamoru, Sakura and Syaoran, Soul and Maka, and pretty much any pairing I like. XD
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#65 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2011 - 07:14 PM

Sakura and Syaoran? Thats old if you are talking about CCS.

I haven't watched SM in ages @_@
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#66 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 16 September 2011 - 07:14 PM, said:

Sakura and Syaoran? Thats old if you are talking about CCS.

I haven't watched SM in ages @_@

Well, both CCS and TRC, same names and character design.

#67 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 17 September 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

Well, both CCS and TRC, same names and character design.

I never finished TRC. I was at the part about Fai's past and stuff. The place I was reading the scans from shut down and I never tried mangafox. I used to really like that pairing
Spoiler

I sudden got into a new pairing: Cilan/Ash from Pokemon or Cafemocha shipping. Those two do interact a lot, are currently traveling, and its cute.

I avoid Vocaloid pairings because people love to argue abot Rin/Len being twins or not, Miku's age, Kaito, and what other vocaloids? (*facepalm*) Like there is only four of them.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#68 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:32 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 17 September 2011 - 09:14 PM, said:

I never finished TRC. I was at the part about Fai's past and stuff. The place I was reading the scans from shut down and I never tried mangafox. I used to really like that pairing
Spoiler

I sudden got into a new pairing: Cilan/Ash from Pokemon or Cafemocha shipping. Those two do interact a lot, are currently traveling, and its cute.

I avoid Vocaloid pairings because people love to argue abot Rin/Len being twins or not, Miku's age, Kaito, and what other vocaloids? (*facepalm*) Like there is only four of them.

Yeah, Vocaloid pairings get really out of hand mostly because of Rin and Len. I myself think they're twins since they share the same birthday, surname, same age and look the same. I haven't watched Pokemon in so long, I'm kind of out of it. But I like Ash together with May or Misty. Misty well, because she was the first girl and it was before Pokemon got insane, and May because there were so many hints and they were the original couple in Japan.

And yeah,
Spoiler

#69 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

My favorite couples:
-Inuyasha-
Inuyasha & Kagome
Miroku & Sango
Sesshomaru & Rin (Older)
Kagome & Sesshomaru due to fanfiction

-Pokemon-
Ash & Misty

I have others I like but since I'm on a CTA train that is packed I can't really look them up for spelling. Not much elbow room I have.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#70 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:17 PM

I used to like Satoshi/Kasumi, but due to how the first season ended, he has a better chance with Brock, so I occasionally read fanfiction of them. I think May ended up with a guy at the end of her game season, but I'm not 100% sure. They are currently doing B/W in the anime, since Iris/Cilan are with Ash. Brock is the only person from Kanto who still makes active appearances, not even Gary shows up considering he's becoming like Professor Oak. Its sad because I used to ship Ash/Misty hard and they sunk that ship.

Vocaloid pairings are the only pairings I don't breech. If they get shipped, ok. The people who made Len/Rin stated they were mirror images, some say they are twins due to MAD vids and Nico, and there are arguments in any Nico vid on YT if they are paired like in adolescence. Same with Kaito/Miku ande Meiko/Kaito. People say Miku is too innocent for Kaito and young, should be with Gakupo, (which makes Gakupo/Luka fans and Gakupo/Gumi fans mad,) or think Miku is there waifu to be with any Vocaloid.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#71 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 18 September 2011 - 12:17 PM, said:

I used to like Satoshi/Kasumi, but due to how the first season ended, he has a better chance with Brock, so I occasionally read fanfiction of them. I think May ended up with a guy at the end of her game season, but I'm not 100% sure. They are currently doing B/W in the anime, since Iris/Cilan are with Ash. Brock is the only person from Kanto who still makes active appearances, not even Gary shows up considering he's becoming like Professor Oak. Its sad because I used to ship Ash/Misty hard and they sunk that ship.

Vocaloid pairings are the only pairings I don't breech. If they get shipped, ok. The people who made Len/Rin stated they were mirror images, some say they are twins due to MAD vids and Nico, and there are arguments in any Nico vid on YT if they are paired like in adolescence. Same with Kaito/Miku ande Meiko/Kaito. People say Miku is too innocent for Kaito and young, should be with Gakupo, (which makes Gakupo/Luka fans and Gakupo/Gumi fans mad,) or think Miku is there waifu to be with any Vocaloid.

That's why I don't get into Vocaloid pairings. It's the same with the rabid Naruto pairing fans. I cannot even tell you how much hate (well, not really hate but not "love") for being a Sakura and NaruSaku fan. I've heard so many rumors/spoilers on the internet about the pairing and I have no idea what to believe. The crazy SasuNaru fangirls make up Kishimoto interviews that think SasuNaru's gonna happen, but then Naruto would have to become a shounen-ai manga. And the NaruHina fans sometimes get on my nerves (not any of you guys though, the crazy ones). If I have a point I try to prove, I say "I could be wrong" or "I just think of it that way" or "But then again", etc.

#72 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

@OtakuChica: I have no problem with any pairing from Naruto expect I don't support:

Pairings or stories that comes out of rape, (non con/I suddenly love you,)

I understand the hate for Sakura but blame the author, not the character. Or don't read anything about the character at all. I don't like KakIru but I don't bash people who do. So take anything with a grain of salt if they flame you Chica. Or keep reading fanfiction.

I would write you NaruSaku but I haven't wrote Naruto in over two years. I am mostly doing Hetalia, SMT, and random series like Puyo Puyo and Monster.

People need to remember, 'My kink is not your kink,' and I'm going to keep on mentioning it.

I used to have issues mentioning Palletshipping to fangirls when Pokemon was really popular. Now its Touko/N taking the heat so I can read it in peace.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#73 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

Xellos x Lina

Orohime x Grimm

....>_> Love me some bad boy pairings...

This post has been edited by Wingy Baby: 18 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#74 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

View PostWingy Baby, on 18 September 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

Xellos x Lina

Orohime x Grimm

....>_> Love me some bad boy pairings...

I haven't read Xelly in ages.

I used to read XellyxEverything XD He was just....so sadistic. Joshua reminds me of him.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#75 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

Slayers - I miss it so. ;~;
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

#76 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

View PostWingy Baby, on 19 September 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

Slayers - I miss it so. ;~;

Yeah nobody watches that, Scryed, or Gundam MS team >.< All the new gens watch the big five.

Or under the Bridge, even though that anime is recent.

Orihime gets no love like Sakura...I dunno why either. Because of ships?

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 19 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#77 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 18 September 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

@OtakuChica: I have no problem with any pairing from Naruto expect I don't support:

Pairings or stories that comes out of rape, (non con/I suddenly love you,)

I understand the hate for Sakura but blame the author, not the character. Or don't read anything about the character at all. I don't like KakIru but I don't bash people who do. So take anything with a grain of salt if they flame you Chica. Or keep reading fanfiction.

I would write you NaruSaku but I haven't wrote Naruto in over two years. I am mostly doing Hetalia, SMT, and random series like Puyo Puyo and Monster.

People need to remember, 'My kink is not your kink,' and I'm going to keep on mentioning it.

I used to have issues mentioning Palletshipping to fangirls when Pokemon was really popular. Now its Touko/N taking the heat so I can read it in peace.

Yeah, I think Kishimoto gives her some bad roles because Sakura's not as popular as she is here in America (or vice versa, I can't remember which way it was). I'm being dedicated, you could say, to the ship, but I honestly hope no one gets together in Naruto since so many fans are over protective of their pairings and I don't want anyone to get trolled or spammed or hated because they continue to like that pairing.

And not just Naruto, but any series with a million pairings available. Like Pokemon, or Bleach.

#78 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

See, I just think Kishimoto is a misogynist pig at this point. Sakura, let alone Hinata all had so much potential. Hell, Kurenai had potential as the only female team captain. But what has she been reduced to? A baby making machine. What do a lot of people want Sakura to do? Make more Uchiha.

It angers my blood.
- Mae West

#79 User is offline   i_like_kyos 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59521

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

Ooh! Ooh! I really, really love Shin and Yankumi from the Gokusen! Especially the manga! I wanna see Shin be a lawyer, marry Yankumi and become the head of the Kuroda family so bad...
It won't do any good to delude myself, because even if the distance between us is less than a touch, it is my destiny that I will never have what I long for.
Mogura to Taiyo- Naono Bohra

#80 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

^ This. Yes, yes, YES.
*ahem*

It was hinted at in the epilogue at least him becoming a lawyer... ;D
- Mae West

#81 User is offline   Keans 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 57580

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:23 AM

View PostOtakuChica, on 19 September 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

Yeah, I think Kishimoto gives her some bad roles because Sakura's not as popular as she is here in America (or vice versa, I can't remember which way it was). I'm being dedicated, you could say, to the ship, but I honestly hope no one gets together in Naruto since so many fans are over protective of their pairings and I don't want anyone to get trolled or spammed or hated because they continue to like that pairing.

And not just Naruto, but any series with a million pairings available. Like Pokemon, or Bleach.

I don't see that being as big of a problem.

I mean in most Anime you can usually tell who is going to end up with who. Particularly in Harem anime. And even if the pairings arn't how people want them that doesn't stop them from putting the together in their own fan fictions and such. For example one mention before was the pairings in Ranma 1/2.

Even in Naruto its very very likely that he might end up with Sakura, and even if he does that's fine, i still think he would be better off with Hinata. =P

The Last Airbender : AngxToph .... actually AnyonexToph. I wasn't rutting for AngxKatara i'll tell u that much. The whole thing seem way off... =_=;;
ACEN 2012:
Big O! - Roger Smith
Fairy Tail - Gajeel

ACEN 2013 - Gene Starwin(Outlaw Star)
Go check my FB Album and give me suggestions!!!
[/size]Facebook DeviantArt

#82 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

I don't know...NarutoxSakura seems so awkward to me. Maybe it's because I'm so gung ho for Hinata. X3

Yeah. AngxKatara = skeevy. ZukoxKatara on the other hand....uh hu hu hu. <3

But of course, plenty of respect for the people who want otherwise. This is just what floats my boat.
- Mae West

#83 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:15 PM

View PostKeans, on 20 September 2011 - 06:23 AM, said:

I don't see that being as big of a problem.

I mean in most Anime you can usually tell who is going to end up with who.

It really depends but I think unless the relationship is totally established, such as the case of ShinraxCelty or KouxNino, you can't tell. Even then it's a point to point basis. Heck in Ichigo 100% I wasn't expecting that pairing AT ALL or how it turned out. I thought he would end up with another woman or that it wouldn't seem so rushed with the harem girls.

I personally hate Harem mangas because it's like the author doesn't fix things in a tidy package and there are so many loose ends and lazyness out of it.

Also DBZ was right field for me: Bulma and Vegeta? We used to joke about that in early DBZ before Trunks came along and everyone was like 'Wut?'

For Shonen/Shoujo yeah you can see the pairings (such as in the case of Ah! Megami sama,) but it's really hard to tell what the author is thinking. Air gear....wasn't expecting that at all either.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#84 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

@ Wingy Baby : The only girl that has filled her full potential in my opinion is Temari, and she hardly gets any screen time! That really gets me mad! We see her in the first Shippuden season then don't see her until forever! And I like NarutoxSakura because I can relate to that pairing, and I'm more KibaxHinata because Kiba actually acknowledges her unlike Naruto who really only paid attention to her when she was bullied, when she was in her fight with Neji and when she confessed, after that he never really talks to her anymore. If they had more interaction in the manga and not the fillers then it wouldn't seem awkward if Kishimoto had them get together out of nowhere. The way things are now it would just be plain weird and off, but many fans beg to differ.

@ Fujoshi : I also can't stand most harems, the only one I watch is Zero no Tsukaima, but since the first episode you could tell Saito and Louise get together. They kiss in the first episode for crying out loud! And Louise is super protective over her "peasant familiar." In shounen/shoujo is usually is easy to tell. Like Kagome and InuYasha, WELL DUH! And Usagi and Mamoru, who wouldn't see that coming?! The only other guy is Umino, but he has a thing going on with Naru!

#85 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:36 AM

@OtakuChica: I think Hot Gimmick and Nonono are the only exceptions to shonen/shoujo pairing concept.
Spoiler

I like reverse harem since its most of the time its better. Oh and that's why I don't read Naruto much. Too much Uchiha, No Temari/Rock Lee. Does he use chakra a little or not?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#86 User is offline   i_like_kyos 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 59521

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 21 September 2011 - 06:36 AM, said:

@OtakuChica: I think Hot Gimmick and Nonono are the only exceptions to shonen/shoujo pairing concept.
Spoiler

I dunno. I think in Hot Gimmick...
Spoiler

I've read a lot of shoujo and I it usually seems like the guy who picks fights with the female lead or says nasty things or treats her coldly and is an all around jerk in the beginning usually ends up with the girl... Maybe thats why it didn't seem like an exception to me.
It won't do any good to delude myself, because even if the distance between us is less than a touch, it is my destiny that I will never have what I long for.
Mogura to Taiyo- Naono Bohra

#87 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:59 AM

View Posti_like_kyos, on 21 September 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

I dunno. I think in Hot Gimmick...
Spoiler

I've read a lot of shoujo and I it usually seems like the guy who picks fights with the female lead or says nasty things or treats her coldly and is an all around jerk in the beginning usually ends up with the girl... Maybe thats why it didn't seem like an exception to me.

Oh man you should read Kimi no and a few others then >w< Geez...I think I officially read too many shoujo manga.

Would Kou/Nino be an expection then? Or is that just 'a regular manga?'

But yeah I do agree about the main guy who's being a jerk almost always ends up with the lead.

Hot Gimmick:
Spoiler

This manga I was reading where the guy just thought the main lead was a dude also treated the lead like crap. >_> But! He treated her totally better after he found out she was a girl but it was still tons of gender confusion.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#88 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:46 PM

@ i_like_kyos : It does seem that way! It's that way in Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Fruits Basket, kinda Mamotte Lollipop...

@ Fujoshi : Rock Lee isn't able to use ninjutsu, so he only uses taijutsu. It sometimes requires some chakra, so he uses little. And I really hate how Shippuden is mostly focused on Sasuke, I'm not a huge fan of him.

#89 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

@OtakuChica: There was a plothole in the manga that my circle used to debate. In timeskip, Rock Lee could go on water (Running,) and one part had him standing sideways on a tree. Some of us said that he was using a pressure technique and just walking fast, but there was a scene with Gai or some other ninja doing something similar and using chakra. So we guessed that he could but it was VERY little. Or none at all.

Since the series didn't test TS Rock Lee much, we make random guess, like if he still loves Sakura to Gaalee hints. Yeah we used to get bored, even though it was guys and two girls into Shippy.

Oh I love sappy pairing that are IC. Like fluff moments. Kou/Nino is starting to be my Hetro pairing of choice, next to Kimi's Sadako.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#90 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

I've given up on Naruto. Nothing makes sense anymore (beyond what was originally presented anyway). The good characters get pushed to the side and the bad ones never shut up (or their fanbase). Tried picking it up after a year of not reading and it was even more confusing...blech.

Sadako makes me all fuzzy and warm in the cockles of my cold heart. It's an uncomfortable, but giggly feeling.

Dengeki Daisy is also a really nice one to read about - decent amount of drama and plenty of "d'aawwss."
- Mae West

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users