Anime Central Forums: Looking for an original artist - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Looking for an original artist Met an artist at ACen 2011, would like to follow their work

#1 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hi, I'm looking for an artist I met and bought prints from at ACen 2011. I was in a rush at the time and I didn't see any signage on the booth or business cards. I asked her to sign her work, but unfortunately I can't read the signature. ^^' I'd really appreciate it if anyone could inform me of the name of the artist or studio, or if the artist herself would be able to forward me to a page that I can follow.

The artist was female with a European accent. If the artist is reading, recall that I mentioned your work felt inspired by Hans Bellmer and I had just written a report about him. The artist's work is somewhat surreal and uses a lot of skeletal and Native American imagery, such as animal skulls and feathers. The collection consisted of predominantly linework, or black and white with some color accents, as I recall. The drawings I have are pencil and ink with - I think - digital color accents. I'd really like to follow this work if there is any website/blog/Facebook/DeviantArt for the studio/artist! Thank you!

#2 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

View Postdivine_fanaticy, on 02 September 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Hi, I'm looking for an artist I met and bought prints from at ACen 2011. I was in a rush at the time and I didn't see any signage on the booth or business cards. I asked her to sign her work, but unfortunately I can't read the signature. ^^' I'd really appreciate it if anyone could inform me of the name of the artist or studio, or if the artist herself would be able to forward me to a page that I can follow.

The artist was female with a European accent. If the artist is reading, recall that I mentioned your work felt inspired by Hans Bellmer and I had just written a report about him. The artist's work is somewhat surreal and uses a lot of skeletal and Native American imagery, such as animal skulls and feathers. The collection consisted of predominantly linework, or black and white with some color accents, as I recall. The drawings I have are pencil and ink with - I think - digital color accents. I'd really like to follow this work if there is any website/blog/Facebook/DeviantArt for the studio/artist! Thank you!

I was just in the neighborhood and I noticed that this topic didn't have any replies. So....
Maybe people will be able to help you find who you are looking for
Or
Said Artist was found.

Either way I hope things work out.
If you have any information about them, and you haven't had any luck so far, send an email our way, and my team will do our best to help.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#3 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

Thank you Voltaire30! I haven't gained any headway in this, but sadly this is all the information I can give other than maybe photographs of the prints I bought.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users