Anime Central Forums: In love with a fictitous character - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

In love with a fictitous character Help?

#1 User is offline   Dark Kanine 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60877

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

I met someone roleplaying and his character is a girl, my beef is that I want to know if it is normal to fall in love with a fictional character? She is the ideal girl to me and I want to know if it is normal. I'm 15 and I need advice :'( please.
Dark Kanine (Steam)
Dark_Kanine (PSN)

#2 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

In the anime community, you'd be surprised what is considered "normal." I think you're fine. Now in terms of what I think would make you happy, I would still at least look around for real girls. A character can only reciprocate love in a way that you think of, so she'll never surprise you or challenge you. You're 15 though. You have years to find someone; there's no rush. Just like who you like.
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#3 User is offline   Teebs 

• IRT Operative
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 29124

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:50 PM

Heh... reminds me of the time when I was in 8th grade and I was in love with Kari from Digimon (second season obviously)
Years Attended ACen (4): 2009, 2010(Reg), 2011(IRT), 2012(IRT) | 2013 Con Plans: Anime ZAP, UChi-Con, Anime Central, Anime Midwest, SoyCon, Ramencon

ACen 2013 COSPLAYS: Takashi Komuro - High School Of The Dead (90%), Kazuto Kirigaya (Kirito, SAO Version) - Sword Art Online (100%), Keiichi Maebara - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (100%)

MyAnimeList! | Facebook? < if you decide to add me, make sure to say you're from ACen or I'll probably ignore it
GO CUBS! (RIP Ron Santo 1940-2010)

#4 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

There are people who aren't into anime that fall in love with fictional characters, a friend of mine thinks Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid is hot, and I have crushes on multiple anime guys, so you're fine. Fictional guys are better anyway. ;)
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#5 User is offline   Dark Kanine 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 60877

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

Thanks guys I really appreciate it ^^ I was nervous I was going insane for falling in love with the L4D witch. ^^; Something about the witch just gets me thinking that theres a special girl under that sorrow and rage, and if only I could show her how special she is then she might feel love for once. I'm being honest here.
Dark Kanine (Steam)
Dark_Kanine (PSN)

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

As everyone stated, there is nothing wrong with it.

Just don't be like the neets who marry their DS lites and you should be fine.

Heck, maybe you should find a girl to cosplay your favorite character :lol:
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#7 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

Like Fujoshi said, you should find a girl/get a girlfriend who likes to cosplay and is willing to cosplay that character! That's actually quite common! I think it's a cute idea too! X3

#8 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

Ah, the fictional character crush...I suffer from this as well....oh Sebastian... :drool: :heart:
(so does my friend who's sitting right next to me, except she's in love with Edward Elric :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: [she hit me until I put those hearts there...])
I sort of found a loophole around the whole "they're just fictional" barrier....I cosplay as Grell a LOT...(had a photoshoot just today, actually)...so I got to fulfill my dream of hugging Sebastian (many times.)
Believe me, the whole "fictional character crush" is normal in the otaku community.

EDWARD :heart: :heart: :heart: (she hit me again...)
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#9 User is offline   ShiroiLolita 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60932

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 04 September 2011 - 09:55 PM, said:

Ah, the fictional character crush...I suffer from this as well....oh Sebastian... :drool: :heart:
(so does my friend who's sitting right next to me, except she's in love with Edward Elric :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: [she hit me until I put those hearts there...])
I sort of found a loophole around the whole "they're just fictional" barrier....I cosplay as Grell a LOT...(had a photoshoot just today, actually)...so I got to fulfill my dream of hugging Sebastian (many times.)
Believe me, the whole "fictional character crush" is normal in the otaku community.

EDWARD :heart: :heart: :heart: (she hit me again...)

Yeah I'm that abusive 5' friend. I LOVE EDWARD. Like seriously do. My mom finally gave up on trying to tell me he wasn't real :D
2009- Near (Death Note)
2010- Stereotype Otaku (Satirical cosplay)
2011- Luka Megurine (Vocaloid [Matryoshka and Just Be Friends])
2012- Izaya Orihara (Durarara!) and Spain (APH
2012- (For a different convention) Kairi from KH2

#10 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

View PostShiroiLolita, on 04 September 2011 - 10:08 PM, said:

Yeah I'm that abusive 5' friend. I LOVE EDWARD. Like seriously do. My mom finally gave up on trying to tell me he wasn't real :D

That's why I don't tell my mom. :DD

#11 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

You're surrounded by people on this forum who spend a good amount of time with fictional characters.
LOVE ALL THE FICTIONAL CHARACTERS.

Please see the thread in this exact place (Insanity Forum) where you can "marry" your favorite anime character.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users