Anime Central Forums: C2E2 - Chicago Comic Entertainment Expo - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

C2E2 - Chicago Comic Entertainment Expo April 13 - 15 2012

#1 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

It was just announced today that the dates for Chicago Comic Entertainment Expo (C2E2), will be Friday, April 13th through Sunday, April 15th. I'm very excited about this because (1) Its in April. Hope the weather is nice for this. And (2) Its 2 weeks before Acen! 2 great cons in 1 month! Also, C2E2 will be held at McCormick Place's North Building instead of the West Building. I'm already saving big time for these cons. Will def get time off for these!
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)

#2 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#3 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Glad the dates are announced but was hoping it was in March. :( Hopefully my work doesnt mind me asking two weekends off (well likely just Saturday only for C2E2.) Still excited though!

This post has been edited by STVO: 02 September 2011 - 06:07 AM

STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#4 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

View PostSTVO, on 01 September 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

( Hopefull my work doesnt mind me asking two weekends off (well likely just Saturday only for C2E2.)

Yeah I know, it'll be like "Hey can I have two weekends off and they're like (insert Dr. Robotnik here)"" so then you're like "(Insert Bill Dauterive here)."

Quite a conundrum. If I knew my schedule I'd probably try to hop on board with both of them.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#5 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:11 AM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 01 September 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

Yeah I know, it'll be like "Hey can I have two weekends off and they're like (insert Dr. Robotnik here)"" so then you're like "(Insert Bill Dauterive here)."

Quite a conundrum. If I knew my schedule I'd probably try to hop on board with both of them.

LOL. I'm pretty confident they will but damn it it makes things harder! I wish with ACen stuck with May or C2E2 stuck with March. If I do get both times off, this will be one awesome month! There's those events, Wrestlemania, Easter, and I found a possible new half marathon to run in! Something to do every weekend (again if they give me the time off :crosses fingers: That or hopefully I have a new job by then!
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#6 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

Im going next year and ACen. Hey! I can multitask! Im just dying to know who the guests will be for next year. This year's C2E2 was awesome! I loved the guests from The Walking Dead, True Blood, and the Thor panel. I think with next years comic book movies coming out such as The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, we will an even bigger guest lineup. Im already looking at hotels for next year. Im staying at the Embassy Thursday-Sunday lol. I think the area is gonna be a bit smaller though from what I understand. The North Hall right?
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#7 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

If they land epic guests once again I'll probably still go on saturday. It was very nice and not cramped like some other comic conventions in recent memory *cough* Wizard World *cough*. Was still hoping they would pick a March weekend but it was worth the money last year.
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#8 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

View Postlinlindesu, on 06 September 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

If they land epic guests once again I'll probably still go on saturday. It was very nice and not cramped like some other comic conventions in recent memory *cough* Wizard World *cough*. Was still hoping they would pick a March weekend but it was worth the money last year.

I agree. While it's nice to have a "full month to conventions!" for reasons of work and other plans, I wish they would have kept it in March as well.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#9 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

View PostSTVO, on 02 September 2011 - 06:11 AM, said:

LOL. I'm pretty confident they will but damn it it makes things harder! I wish with ACen stuck with May or C2E2 stuck with March. If I do get both times off, this will be one awesome month! There's those events, Wrestlemania, Easter, and I found a possible new half marathon to run in! Something to do every weekend (again if they give me the time off :crosses fingers: That or hopefully I have a new job by then!

Dates are something that can be out of the con's control. Acen books about 3 years ahead and still couldn't get the dates we wanted for the 2012 con. Some of these conferences book as far ahead as TEN YEARS, so these convention halls get booked pretty quickly.

I'm just happy I'm in a job where I don't work weekends and they're pretty cool about vacation time. I'll just hoard my time off for April :D

View Postexcel excel, on 02 September 2011 - 07:01 AM, said:

Im going next year and ACen. Hey! I can multitask! Im just dying to know who the guests will be for next year. This year's C2E2 was awesome! I loved the guests from The Walking Dead, True Blood, and the Thor panel. I think with next years comic book movies coming out such as The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, we will an even bigger guest lineup. Im already looking at hotels for next year. Im staying at the Embassy Thursday-Sunday lol. I think the area is gonna be a bit smaller though from what I understand. The North Hall right?

I think North Hall is a bit bigger than where they were before. If I recall correctly that's one of the biggest spaces in McCormick place. If you go to the Chicago Auto Show at all, that uses the North & South halls (the North hall is the one the Jeep experience is in).

I'm looking forward to C2E2, I really enjoyed it last year despite being stuck in one place posing for pictures (Ghostbuster = Paparazzi magnet). I love that C2E2 is very encouraging to librarians, and I'm so happy that this year I won't have a Friday class that'll make me miss all the great professional panels.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#10 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

View PostKnitChick, on 13 September 2011 - 10:16 PM, said:

I think North Hall is a bit bigger than where they were before. If I recall correctly that's one of the biggest spaces in McCormick place. If you go to the Chicago Auto Show at all, that uses the North & South halls (the North hall is the one the Jeep experience is in).

If thats the case then this is great! I better send in my guest requests! :thumbup:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#11 User is offline   wolverine33 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 582

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:59 AM

It's interesting that C2E2 is in the same month, i might not be able to make to acen
this year <_< ... If i can't i'll look nto C2E2....

Later B)

#12 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

According to my newsletter, tickets will go on sale this Wednesday. Next year will be pretty big with all the comic book films coming out. Im getting mines as soon as the post it online.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#13 User is offline   Green Dragon 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 7168

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:22 AM

At this point I'd rather be going to C2E2 (as ACen looks to be melding all media together), but since I'm co-hosting a panel this year at ACen, C2E2 is out for me.
Anime Central Cosplay History

* ACen '04, '05, '06: Nicholas D. Wolfwood - ACen '07: Gendo Ikari / Bryan Fury
* ACen '08: Gendo Ikari / Capt. Aizen Sousuke - ACen '09: Gendo Ikari / Daisuke Jigen
* ACen '11: Tom Baker, Fourth Doctor - ACen '12: Fourth Doctor / Capt. Aizen Sousuke
* ACen '13: Capt. Kyouraku Shunsui - ACen '14: Kiba (Wolf's Rain) / Ninth Doctor

#14 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

Just so you know

Early Bird ticket prices for C2E2 are $20 for Friday, Saturday or Sunday tickets and $45 for a Weekend ticket. Ticket prices increase to standard pricing after December 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM CST. Pre-Show ticket prices list DO NOT include state and local taxes. Taxes will be calculated at checkout.

So get those $45 tickets before they go up! Im also staying at a better hotel next YEAR TOO. EMBASSY SUITES!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#15 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

Update: I'll be there on Saturday! Likely as Pee-Wee Herman.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#16 User is offline   shonen_jidai 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3455

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

I can't wait for this year's C2E2! Should be there Saturday and Sunday, and maybe Friday too depending on work. Right now I'm planning to bring my Uhura cosplay for Saturday. :D
ACEN 2012 Cosplays
Nyota Uhura (Star Trek: Original Series)
Miho Tohya (MegaTokyo)
Stocking (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)

cosplay pics: Various Cons

#17 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

View Postshonen_jidai, on 03 January 2012 - 11:01 PM, said:

I can't wait for this year's C2E2! Should be there Saturday and Sunday, and maybe Friday too depending on work. Right now I'm planning to bring my Uhura cosplay for Saturday. :D

SQUEEE! I will have to find you!! If you see a short Ghostbuster running after you squealing, that'll be me ;)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#18 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostSTVO, on 28 December 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

Update: I'll be there on Saturday! Likely as Pee-Wee Herman.

Good! I saw your pic of you with the Globe and I always wanted to see your cosplay in person :thumbup:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#19 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm considering on going to this for at least one day :)

Anyone else going?

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#20 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

As long as I keep getting awesome shots like this, I'll go every year.
Posted Image
Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#21 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

View PostVoxx, on 27 March 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Anyone else going?

Ill be there all 3 days! The guest line up this year is really good! And to think, we are 16 days from this the the week after that is ACen XD
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#22 User is offline   Nicholas/Chaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 27751

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

Iam going as Aqualad from young justice.
My Facebook - My Cosplay.com - My Youtube - My deviantART -
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cosplayer PlayStation Network: Cosplayer55

#23 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

View Postexcel excel, on 28 March 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Ill be there all 3 days! The guest line up this year is really good! And to think, we are 16 days from this the the week after that is ACen XD

I know! I was actually really surprised at the guest list! Mostly at John Cusack... :lol:

But I'm really looking forward to seeing Jhonen Vasquez, Steven Yeun, and Ryan Buell. I'm also curious about the quidditch match :D so I'll be checking that out too. I'll be going on Saturday. I just wish I considered going before! I would have put together either an X-men character or Mortal Kombat cosplay together for this.

Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#24 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostVoxx, on 27 March 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

Anyone else going?

If you go can I join you in this venture? o3o

#25 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 28 March 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

If you go can I join you in this venture? o3o

Sure! But I'm only considering going for one day, and that's prob Saturday. :)
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#26 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'll be going all three days and I'm most likely going to be Black Canary all three days. C2E2 needs to get here faster. The anticipation is killing me.
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#27 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

View PostVoxx, on 28 March 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Sure! But I'm only considering going for one day, and that's prob Saturday. :)

I was thinking one day only too. Seems like all the cool kids are going on Saturday and I want to be cool too so like, I want to fit this in so I can be cool.

#28 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Saturday is when the really COOL panel I'm doing is. I'll be talking about Chicago Ghosts, with my fellow Ghostbusters. Y'all should definitely come see it!! :D 11:45 am on Saturday at the variant stage.

I'll be really easy to spot since I'll be the shortest Ghostbuster walking around. Out of at least 7-8 of us I think. :)

#29 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

just got the saturday badges in the mail. Plastic like last year. So classy. So excited . <3
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#30 User is offline   MasterHavik 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61571

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I found this poster by my train stop at school. I told my mom and brought my weekend pass for only 10 dollars!!! I'm godlike. Is there anything cool to buy there?
Ummm....I'm going to take you to court!

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users