• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

There is going to be a remake to Persona 4 as well as a fighting game in 2012:

http://www.the-magic...me110830h.shtml
http://www.the-magic...me110830i.shtml
http://www.andriasan...a_developments/

Arc sys is working with Atlus to make the fighting game. Both games are going to be on the Vita.

2012 is going to be a broke year for me.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#2 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 5880

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

I'm more interested in the fighting game, mostly it's done by ASW but also because I have little interest in the Vita. I'm wondering what the actual plot is going to be and how the fighting system is going to work. I imagine something along the lines of CAPCOM's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure titles
Kuchiki Byakuya: Ohayocon '06
Kuchiki Byakuya: ACen '06
Rose: Ohayocon '07
Part of Shinigami Squad '06

#3 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

I figured that a Persona 4 remake was inevitable. After all, it already has a TV series which will be happening this fall. And the other games in this sub-franchise have already been remade... Persona 1 and the first half of Persona 2 have remakes on PSP, and Persona 3 was remade for both PS2 and PSP. When Atlus sees an opportunity to make money, it pounces on it.

As for the rest of the Megami Tensei franchise, I'm not sure where it will go from here. It's been several years since Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne for PS2, and since then there have been other spinoffs such as Devil Survivor and Strange Journey. If nothing else, at least most of the recent MegaTen games get English releases, unlike back in the early to mid 90s.

#4 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:29 PM

*facepalms*

I am losing all hope for many branches of entertainment. I don't see the point of remaking P4 (don't get me wrong I LOVE the game. It's one of my favorites one the Ps2...but it's no need for a remake, I can still see the game on the shelf at my gamestop. >_>)

So many remakes and ports. To add on to what Dork was saying, they can at least remake and release what HASN'T been brought to America yet. Like the Original SMT games. I'd like to give those a run. (they are on the right path bring P2 Innocent Sin. It never released in America. Well Innocent Sin didn't)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#5 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 01 September 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

*facepalms*

I am losing all hope for many branches of entertainment. I don't see the point of remaking P4 (don't get me wrong I LOVE the game. It's one of my favorites one the Ps2...but it's no need for a remake, I can still see the game on the shelf at my gamestop. >_>)

So many remakes and ports. To add on to what Dork was saying, they can at least remake and release what HASN'T been brought to America yet. Like the Original SMT games. I'd like to give those a run. (they are on the right path bring P2 Innocent Sin. It never released in America. Well Innocent Sin didn't)

I'm not thrilled with it either, since it doesn't have a Femc, but a 'whole new girl character.'

They are bringing P2 IS and EP stateside from what I heard.

I'm more interested in the fighting game than the remake. We used to joke about this on Atlus USA and it actually happened

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 02 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#6 User is offline   SDotMini 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60743

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

Take all of my money Atlus!

So much for them "not making P4 FES" :rolleyes:

#7 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:12 AM

debut trailer for the fighting game:

http://gematsu.com/2...a-debut-trailer

#8 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

View PostSDotMini, on 04 September 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

Take all of my money Atlus!

So much for them "not making P4 FES" :rolleyes:

Man, I almost forgot about that. lol They DID say that didn't they? lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#9 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:14 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 08 September 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

debut trailer for the fighting game:

http://gematsu.com/2...a-debut-trailer

Trailer looks sweet btw.

Souji reminds me of Sol/Carl though, especially with his persona lol.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#10 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 08 September 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

Trailer looks sweet btw.

Souji reminds me of Sol/Carl though, especially with his persona lol.

Actually the protagonist is now officially named Yu Narukami (which will be his name in the anime adaptation of Persona 4). Like I said before, I'm getting a sort of Jojo vibe from the trailer/screens, though admittedly we won't know what the battle system will be like until TGS next week.

#11 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

View PostAiddon Valentin, on 09 September 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

Actually the protagonist is now officially named Yu Narukami (which will be his name in the anime adaptation of Persona 4). Like I said before, I'm getting a sort of Jojo vibe from the trailer/screens, though admittedly we won't know what the battle system will be like until TGS next week.

I keep forgetting its Yu now lol.

I wish Demi fiend or Raidou were DLC, but that probably won't happen, (They are SMT characters.)
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#12 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

http://kotaku.com/58...ameplay-footage

http://youtu.be/sOTuGUgbm98

WANT!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#13 User is offline   glenburg89 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 17536

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hey guys.
There's a forum dedicated to Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena called, MayonakaMidnight.
It follows all of the latest updates and has a growing community of fans!
Here's the link: http://mayonakamidnight.com/

Also, if you register please tell them that "Glenburg89" referred you.
Anime Central Attendee (2008-Current)

"ACen is like a three day vacation in another world. It's like a filler arc in everyone's life where nothing stressful matters, for that weekend."

#14 User is offline   RiotCtrlKuma 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60298

Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:32 AM

Jumping in this topic late as hell to say a few words. =3

View Postdorkatlarge, on 01 September 2011 - 07:23 PM, said:

As for the rest of the Megami Tensei franchise, I'm not sure where it will go from here. It's been several years since Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne for PS2, and since then there have been other spinoffs such as Devil Survivor and Strange Journey. If nothing else, at least most of the recent MegaTen games get English releases, unlike back in the early to mid 90s.

Strange Journey isn't a spin-off. It IS Shin Megami Tensei 4. Devil Survivor is a spin-off and a damn good one at that. I wouldn't want to see an English translations of the older titles. I can already see low scores because "loltoohardweeabotrash". I've already seen reviewers crap on my first love (Tales of) and I REALLY don't want that to happen the MegaTen.

View PostXenoBlade, on 01 September 2011 - 07:29 PM, said:

*facepalms*

I really am getting sick of all of the love P4 is getting. I suppose this is how bad it got with P3, but Atlus isn't going to make me forget that they haven't even started on Persona 5 yet. :rolleyes:

And the P4 Animation's animation is terrible. >_>

#15 User is offline   marthaurion 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 48107

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

I heard the P4 remake is supposed to have extra scenarios or something...so it won't be a complete copy...

#16 User is offline   RiotCtrlKuma 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60298

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

Yeah, just like P3: FES had all of 4 new scenes to make sure it wasn't a complete copy. =_=

#17 User is offline   nike13 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60634

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

At least P3 PSP had a whole new MC you could play. My XMas present was the Vita pre-ordered, I never got a PSP so I'm going to be getting P1-3 to play on it and I'll be all ready to go when the P4 fighting game comes out.

I'm on the fence about P4 PSP until I see what's actually new besides the 1 new character.

More interested to find out if there's a P5 and what surprises will be in store.

#18 User is offline   Okko 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59615

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Really excited for the P4 fighter, might get it imported because I'll be too excited XD
ACen 2013
Akihiko Sanada (Mayonaka Arena Version)- 100%
Malik Caesar (Tales of Graces F) 100%
Rei Ryugazaki (FREE!) 100%

#19 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

Still waiting on that Persona 3 anime....I feel like Atlus is reaaaaally tooo focused on Persona 4 right now. I mean..first the anime. then the Vita remake, and then the fighter..AND THE LIVE DRAMA..DX. Don't get me wrong I like P4 and all this shwag and I'm gonna get a vita for the games but I wish P3 got a little more appreciation. >_> Trinity Soul just had Akihiko in it ...wasn't really that mind blowing.
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#20 User is offline   Aiddon Valentin 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostOkko, on 12 February 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Really excited for the P4 fighter, might get it imported because I'll be too excited XD

It'll be coming to America in the summer.

#21 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostBreBre716, on 22 March 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Still waiting on that Persona 3 anime....I feel like Atlus is reaaaaally tooo focused on Persona 4 right now. I mean..first the anime. then the Vita remake, and then the fighter..AND THE LIVE DRAMA..DX. Don't get me wrong I like P4 and all this shwag and I'm gonna get a vita for the games but I wish P3 got a little more appreciation. >_> Trinity Soul just had Akihiko in it ...wasn't really that mind blowing.

The P4 fighting game is going to have P3 characters in it and it's coming state side this summer.

Also it's a sequel to P4 canon wise so the new Aki-sempai/Mit-sempai looks are canon as well.

EDIT: So far there is nothing on P4 the Golden and it might not come to the states. Besides Theo and the new girl there isn't anyone else. Everything else in the game is new content or expanded content only.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 22 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#22 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 22 March 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

The P4 fighting game is going to have P3 characters in it and it's coming state side this summer.

Also it's a sequel to P4 canon wise so the new Aki-sempai/Mit-sempai looks are canon as well.

EDIT: So far there is nothing on P4 the Golden and it might not come to the states. Besides Theo and the new girl there isn't anyone else. Everything else in the game is new content or expanded content only.

I'm up to date on all the P4 Ultimate in Mayonaka Areana info and other stuff and I understand that its 1 year after the events of P4 and Akihiko and Mitsuru and so on are there but I would still like to see a Persona 3: the Animation. Trnity soul didnt do Persona 3 justice at all
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

100%
Tidus 97%

#23 User is offline   Okko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

@brebre716

I agree with you 100% I started replaying P3 and saw the animated cutscenes and yelled,"why isn't there a Persona 3 anime yet?"
As for P4 Arena, I'm waiting for the female and male protagonist of P3 to make an appearance, apparently they said that there will be
More characters added to the roster for the console release.
ACen 2013

#24 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostOkko, on 22 March 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

@brebre716

I agree with you 100% I started replaying P3 and saw the animated cutscenes and yelled,"why isn't there a Persona 3 anime yet?"
As for P4 Arena, I'm waiting for the female and male protagonist of P3 to make an appearance, apparently they said that there will be
More characters added to the roster for the console release.

I hope so. But if it's a canon storyline then I suppose they would have to be secret unlockable characters or something along those lines considering their fate at the end of Persona 3. Pshhhh Yu Narukami had it easy. He just ended up saying bye to his friends and moving to another town and that they will meet again . Minato/Minako lost their souls in order to protect humanity! I suppose that's why I like Persona 3 more than 4 because I get that it HAD to happen because Minato/Minako have to hold back that desire for death/sadness from human hearts and prevent Nyx's return and Yu narukami got rid of that desire so he finished the job.. but he still got off soooo much easier >_>
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

100%
Tidus 97%

#25 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

I think they need less remake and more persona 5 lol I have a ps3 now, so im ready for p5 lol. (getting arena on 360 lol)
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#26 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostXenoBlade, on 23 March 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

I think they need less remake and more persona 5 lol I have a ps3 now, so im ready for p5 lol. (getting arena on 360 lol)

Well Catherine is just pretty much... "Persona 5 is gonna be awesome guys!"
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

100%
Tidus 97%

#27 User is offline   Okko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

Well Atlus already said they were working on Persona 5, so it's only a matter of time :D
ACen 2013

#28 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostBreBre716, on 23 March 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

I hope so. But if it's a canon storyline then I suppose they would have to be secret unlockable characters or something along those lines considering their fate at the end of Persona 3. Pshhhh Yu Narukami had it easy. He just ended up saying bye to his friends and moving to another town and that they will meet again . Minato/Minako lost their souls in order to protect humanity! I suppose that's why I like Persona 3 more than 4 because I get that it HAD to happen because Minato/Minako have to hold back that desire for death/sadness from human hearts and prevent Nyx's return and Yu narukami got rid of that desire so he finished the job.. but he still got off soooo much easier >_>

Spoiler

I heard rumors about:

Ken
a Protag from another SMT game
More original characters
Elizabeth or Theo

Appearing in this game as well.

I rather have Raidou. He hasn't been in a game since his own game, rather than Minato.

Would this be considered a spoiler.........and need spoiler tags?
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#29 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostOkko, on 23 March 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

Well Atlus already said they were working on Persona 5, so it's only a matter of time :D

Yeah I know, but I want neeeew. lol Tho I'm glad to play any SMT game. I love every and any SMT game.

Also Fuji, who this game needs is the Demi-Fiend, that would be epic. lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo

#30 User is offline   Okko 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Just saying, I'm stoked for P5 haha. And also it was conifirmed that Elizabeth will be in it and will be using Thanatos in P4 arena
ACen 2013

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users