Anime Central Forums: Embassy Suites Acen 2012 - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Embassy Suites Acen 2012 When will the room block be announced?

#1 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 51456

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

Since I noticed the posting of the Hyatt Block opening, I am most eager to know if anyone knows when the other blocks will be announced?? I know they have to make contracts and agree on pricing, but it would be nice to get a heads up on pricing at least.

I do not like to be in the thick of things at the Hyatt so the Embassy is my preferred hotel. Just hoping to be able to book a room soon and start planning on how much to save since Acen is a month earlier this year.

Also how many forum peoples are planning on the Embassy this year? It seems the popularity of this hotel has grown quite a bit the last few years, must be that awesome breakfast and happy hour ;) lol.

#2 User is offline   Flame_Alchemist2002 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 15801

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Embassy is already booked to capacity from when I called within the last two weeks to attempt to make a reservation.

I think double tree is booked too...I ended up having to book at the Hyatt since the Hilton's price went way up for next year :/
~ACen 2015!~
~Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)--Finished
~Yato (Noragami)-----5%
~Devil Rin Okumura (Blue Exorcist)--15%
~Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater)----Finished
~Lea (Kingdom Hearts: BBS)--------Finished
"Xion dies, Axel is alone, Roxas' life is a lie. Oh, and they never get to the beach.
THIS IS A DISNEY GAME. >_> " -CheesyGranola (358/2 summary)

#3 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

View PostFlame_Alchemist2002, on 29 August 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

Embassy is already booked to capacity from when I called within the last two weeks to attempt to make a reservation.

I think double tree is booked too...I ended up having to book at the Hyatt since the Hilton's price went way up for next year :/

But usually the blocks fill up by like December or January...there is usually a lot of room for people. And in addition, they would announce the blocks, because to the hotel workers see it as booked because it is reserved for ACEN. The other hotels don't open up until the Hyatt is almost to all capacity or at a certain date. ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#4 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

View PostFlame_Alchemist2002, on 29 August 2011 - 08:18 PM, said:

Wow that's weird.

The room block for the other hotels hasn't been posted yet, on the main site or the forums. Normally, the Embassy/Double tree/etc. are posted after the Hyatt is almost or all the way booked.

Since the Hyatt just opened its block, it might be unil October/November so be patient! ^_^
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#5 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:58 PM

The Embassy has not been opened yet, it is not full, just blocked off until everything is settled.

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#6 User is offline   kazixcupcake 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 57648

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:37 AM

Huh. :/ My group leader called the Embassy when the Hyatt blocks opened and was told that it was already fully booked. I guess I'll have her try again if/when those blocks... open? :l

Ciel Phantomhive[Original Outfit]: 100%
Rei Ayanami[School Outfit]: 100%
Zero Kiryuu[Basic]: 100%
SeeU: 100%

Where can you find me? :: Staying at the Hyatt Thurs-Sun

#7 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:27 AM

lol yes i figured the blocks would not be open for a bit, but was hoping for a date when they may open *looks hopeful* whether it is Oct or Nov.

Also didnt know if the room rates would be kept under lock and secret till the block opens or if there was any staff member who know what they will be sooner :)

It may be early but I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible this year since I have a few other events and family trips to plan for as well between now and Acen :D

#8 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

View PostStormy-chan, on 30 August 2011 - 05:27 AM, said:

lol yes i figured the blocks would not be open for a bit, but was hoping for a date when they may open *looks hopeful* whether it is Oct or Nov.

Also didnt know if the room rates would be kept under lock and secret till the block opens or if there was any staff member who know what they will be sooner :)

It may be early but I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible this year since I have a few other events and family trips to plan for as well between now and Acen :D

From the previous years, Acen staff as well as the hotel discussed the rates before they released the block notices, so only a higher up or someone snooping would know next year Anime central rates. A regular staff memeber wouldn't know, coming from me personally calling the Embassy this year and stating that I had the 'Anime central midwest,' discount several times (one of them even said over the phone, 'what's that? We don't have anything like that.')

Also since they have meetings to settle for a hotel rate, it would be hard to determine the exact date it would be released outside of an estimate until they finally both agree on it.

I agree about planning ahead but this is just something that you don't have any control over heh. All I can suggest is keep an eye out on the forums/website. This year the room block for the Embassy and the other hotels didn't happen until Jan-Feb. and that was after the Hyatt was 80-100% full.

So October/November is a guess, December at the latest.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 30 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#9 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

View Postkazixcupcake, on 30 August 2011 - 03:37 AM, said:

Huh. :/ My group leader called the Embassy when the Hyatt blocks opened and was told that it was already fully booked. I guess I'll have her try again if/when those blocks... open? :l

That is correct. The room block contract has not been completed yet. However, knowing that we will be pretty much contracting the entire hotel for our block, the Embassy has made the rooms unavailable. The general registration phone number is a call center for the entire hotel chain. They are unaware of local events and just see the hotel as unavailable. Once the room block is official, we will post the information here and all the rooms at the hotel will be made available for booking. Sit tight -- rooms at all the area hotels are available still (just not all bookable).
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#10 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

As for cost, Embassy room w/ 1 king size bed is usually same price or just a little higher than Hyatt. 2 double beds were usually $20-40 more per night. But, for that extra cost, it is well worth it.
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#11 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

View Postrandy r, on 06 September 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

As for cost, Embassy room w/ 1 king size bed is usually same price or just a little higher than Hyatt. 2 double beds were usually $20-40 more per night. But, for that extra cost, it is well worth it.

That, and all Embassy rooms have a queen size sleeper sofa in the front room (excluding the few rooms with conference room tables on the first floor).
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#12 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

View PostEl Ken, on 07 September 2011 - 09:51 AM, said:

That, and all Embassy rooms have a queen size sleeper sofa in the front room (excluding the few rooms with conference room tables on the first floor).

True. You get the sofa bed plus breakfast and the "manager's special", which, if you work it right, can save you another meal. I know, I know, empty calories. But chips and salsa can fill you up and save you a meal. You get a working microwave and a fridge you can actually use. A nice, decent sized bathroom, and rooms that are bigger than the hyatt's, so you don't feel cramped like a sardine. Also, a nice quiet laid back atmosphere, which after the frantic pace of the convention, is highly welcomed.

This is why I try for Embassy every year. It has become my hotel of choice for the convention.
randy

#13 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:17 AM

View Postrandy r, on 09 September 2011 - 05:50 AM, said:

True. You get the sofa bed plus breakfast and the "manager's special", which, if you work it right, can save you another meal. I know, I know, empty calories. But chips and salsa can fill you up and save you a meal. You get a working microwave and a fridge you can actually use. A nice, decent sized bathroom, and rooms that are bigger than the hyatt's, so you don't feel cramped like a sardine. Also, a nice quiet laid back atmosphere, which after the frantic pace of the convention, is highly welcomed.

This is why I try for Embassy every year. It has become my hotel of choice for the convention.

^this

I have been staying at this hotel for last 4 years, and hope to keep staying here if I can :) I just hope they don't take to long to work out the contract and can open the room block soon.

#14 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

While looking at this Topic it makes me want to stay at the Embassy or at least try to get some roomies. I still won't know until the end of December if I can still go this year. Why can't the school calender be up yet? :thumbdown:
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#15 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

The Embassy rocks. I highly recommend it
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#16 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

So when will the room block open?? They said middle of October and I am looking for the announcement.. Please open the other hotels soon! Please!

#17 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

View PostStormy-chan, on 18 October 2011 - 07:35 AM, said:

So when will the room block open?? They said middle of October and I am looking for the announcement.. Please open the other hotels soon! Please!

The Embassy is an overflow hotel. The block won't be opened until the Hyatt is full. Keep an eye on the forums, the announcement shows up here much sooner than on the site.

The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#18 User is offline   sisterdiscord 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1559

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

View PostSmokey, on 18 October 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

The Embassy is an overflow hotel. The block won't be opened until the Hyatt is full. Keep an eye on the forums, the announcement shows up here much sooner than on the site.

Hey, all. I expect it'll be about a week and the block will be open. Sorry for the delay, Dave has been sick! Contracts are in review right now.
This is my signature. It is only one line.

#19 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

View Postsisterdiscord, on 19 October 2011 - 01:51 PM, said:

Hey, all. I expect it'll be about a week and the block will be open. Sorry for the delay, Dave has been sick! Contracts are in review right now.

Oh I hope he gets better! Also thanks for the info.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#20 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

View PostSmokey, on 18 October 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

And by the way, Smokey, that is not necessarily a true statement. I never ran my "overflow" hotels that way, and I don't believe that is Dave's intention this year either.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#21 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:41 PM

It may be overflow to some, but it is my hotel of choice ;) I dont like being in the thick of things and I will never subject myself to the elevator stupidity that abounds at the Hyatt ever again.

I look forward to the releasing of the room blocks with the week :) Thanks!

#22 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Ditto Stormy-chan - the Embassy is just the perfect mix of close proximity without too much chaos. I'll be keeping my eyes open for when it finally opens! Gotta let our "room leader" know, as she doesn't really frequent the forums.
Cosplay 2013:
Friday: Tsubaki (Sket Dance)
Saturday: Prince Alexander (King's Quest VI)
Sunday: uh, TMNT geek, lol

See you in the Alley! ^_^
Tenkuu no Chibi

#23 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

I personally miss being able to stay at the Embassy. It was always my hotel of choice when I was H/CSR. Now that I'm GR though, I kinda have to be in the Hyatt. Ah well; such is life...
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#24 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

View PostStormy-chan, on 20 October 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

It may be overflow to some, but it is my hotel of choice ;) I dont like being in the thick of things and I will never subject myself to the elevator stupidity that abounds at the Hyatt ever again.

I look forward to the releasing of the room blocks with the week :) Thanks!

me too! this will be my first year booking the room myself and i go away on weekends to my grandmas so i have my friend who booked the room last year to tell me when the block opens and my mom at home to book the room if i cant....thank god i got a job this year or i'd be super freaking right now...though i do still go to the embassy homepage everyday to see if it's available yet XD
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#25 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

View Postblackcat18, on 25 October 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

me too! this will be my first year booking the room myself and i go away on weekends to my grandmas so i have my friend who booked the room last year to tell me when the block opens and my mom at home to book the room if i cant....thank god i got a job this year or i'd be super freaking right now...though i do still go to the embassy homepage everyday to see if it's available yet XD

*twiddles thumbs* sigh I am so trying to be patient :) I have done the room reserving for my group for the last 3yrs, so no big deal there. This slight delay makes me wonder though what it takes to set up these room block deals at the hotels.... Ya know? Sigh.. back to waiting * la te da, la te da* :D

#26 User is offline   blackcat18 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 16853

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:14 PM

View PostStormy-chan, on 25 October 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

*twiddles thumbs* sigh I am so trying to be patient :) I have done the room reserving for my group for the last 3yrs, so no big deal there. This slight delay makes me wonder though what it takes to set up these room block deals at the hotels.... Ya know? Sigh.. back to waiting * la te da, la te da* :D

i keep freaking out that if i miss the second it opens i wont get a room...i know it's silly but idk how fast those things go...
ACen 2015

Female Otoya Ittoki- 100% done
Leafeon ginjinka- 100% done
Kaoru Hitachin - 50% done (need jacket and tie yet...)

#27 User is offline   El Ken 

• PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

ES double bed rooms go very, very quickly. You should definitely keep an eye on it.
Ken Leiding

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#28 User is offline   Stormy-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:09 AM

I just called and the Room block is OPEN!!!!! Yay got my rooms and I'm all set :D :happydance: :happydance:

#29 User is offline   Toreizhoukeizu 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 59712

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

View PostStormy-chan, on 27 October 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

I just called and the Room block is OPEN!!!!! Yay got my rooms and I'm all set :D :happydance: :happydance:

If this is true how come I cant see any rooms available for the 26th through the 29th?

This post has been edited by Toreizhoukeizu: 27 October 2011 - 09:59 AM

ACEN 2012(◕‿◕)

Visual Kei style outfit ♪♪♪
☆▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩●۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬☆
I plan on ninja'ing pocky off at least 34 people:)
Many other plans in the works ^_^

#30 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

View PostToreizhoukeizu, on 27 October 2011 - 09:58 AM, said:

If this is true how come I cant see any rooms available for the 26th through the 29th?

Online is still blocked. Phone reservations are going through. Made mine this morning at 6:55 am. Normally you don't get anyone in the reservation offices until around 8:00 am. I'm so happy something is finally going right for me.
randy

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users