• This topic is locked

Motel 6!?

#1 User is offline   Sor_chi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58706

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:59 PM

SO I was wondering if any of you no here have stayed at it in the past? I thinking about it for 2012 but would like some opinions. Do they have free parking?
By reading this I have raped your mind!
Fackbook
Acen 2012: Guro Lolita and Red rave gear >,> sunday is pj day I'll be to tired to dress up.

#2 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostSor_chi, on 25 August 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

SO I was wondering if any of you no here have stayed at it in the past? I thinking about it for 2012 but would like some opinions. Do they have free parking?

Good points:
Cheaper
Free Parking
Denny's next door
Quieter
Wheelchair friendly

Bad points:
No fridge, microwave, etc.
Distance (1 mile)
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#3 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:40 PM

I never heard bad reviews about Motel 6.

If you have a car, don't have to change into outfits a lot, and know exactly what panels, etc. you are doing, then this is the hotel to go. Its pretty cheap and posh.

The problem is the distance; its a good mile or so from Rosemount. Also it doesn't have a room block.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#4 User is offline   Sor_chi 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

I guess my group going to go there then. The distances was never a problem to me cuz we walked to dennys before thats why i remembered motle 6 is by acen XD
Fackbook
Acen 2012: Guro Lolita and Red rave gear >,> sunday is pj day I'll be to tired to dress up.

#5 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:56 PM

From what it sounds, if you have a group of people you should try a closer hotel. Now if you're solo, then it wouldn't be a bad idea. I might do that if my group bails on me, lol. The walk is long, but I like a good work out. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

View PostSor_chi, on 25 August 2011 - 09:36 PM, said:

I guess my group going to go there then. The distances was never a problem to me cuz we walked to dennys before thats why i remembered motle 6 is by acen XD

I agree with STVO. If you have a group it would be a suggestion to maybe get a closer hotel. You might save more money and avoid problems. Like if you come back from the rave and don't have a ride and have to walk back. Or one of your friends wants to go to a lot of last minute photoshoots. Or someone in the group doesn't want to walk that plus mile.

Go over the pros and cons with a group about all hotels, their plans, as well as outfits and how much they want to spend. This should avoid any one person having a bad weekend. Especially if there is only one person in the group with a car.

You have time since the only block open is the Hyatt.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#7 User is offline   Sor_chi 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 26 August 2011 - 07:48 AM, said:

I agree with STVO. If you have a group it would be a suggestion to maybe get a closer hotel. You might save more money and avoid problems. Like if you come back from the rave and don't have a ride and have to walk back. Or one of your friends wants to go to a lot of last minute photoshoots. Or someone in the group doesn't want to walk that plus mile.

Go over the pros and cons with a group about all hotels, their plans, as well as outfits and how much they want to spend. This should avoid any one person having a bad weekend. Especially if there is only one person in the group with a car.

You have time since the only block open is the Hyatt.

I have gone over the pros and cons and all the money issues. I'd budget everything. Its cheaper to stay at the motel 6. The HOTEL parking you have to pay which is how they get you. After the rave walking doesn't really matter. What they wanna spend doesn't really matter thats their deal. Photoshoots are also their deal. They are adults. Cars almost everyone has one..we have to cut down and car pool though cuz of that. All I'm in charge of is finding people, giving them the price for the con pass and how much they'd pay for the room (split by 4 ppl). Then getting the rooms, making sure everyone pre regs for their pass. Then buy a big value pack of water/ramen, bring 2 coffee pots then work out the rides and we're good. Also only 2 ppl are coslaying and its an all day cosplay so we're good on that. Its a lot of walking but thats why you take breaks at the con.
Fackbook

#8 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostSor_chi, on 26 August 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

I have gone over the pros and cons and all the money issues. I'd budget everything. Its cheaper to stay at the motel 6. The HOTEL parking you have to pay which is how they get you. After the rave walking doesn't really matter. What they wanna spend doesn't really matter thats their deal. Photoshoots are also their deal. They are adults. Cars almost everyone has one..we have to cut down and car pool though cuz of that. All I'm in charge of is finding people, giving them the price for the con pass and how much they'd pay for the room (split by 4 ppl). Then getting the rooms, making sure everyone pre regs for their pass. Then buy a big value pack of water/ramen, bring 2 coffee pots then work out the rides and we're good. Also only 2 ppl are coslaying and its an all day cosplay so we're good on that. Its a lot of walking but thats why you take breaks at the con.

Then by all means do this and save money! If they complain their loss.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#9 User is offline   Sor_chi 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

View PostSTVO, on 26 August 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

Then by all means do this and save money! If they complain their loss.

soo agree!
Fackbook

#10 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

*Reads*

Oh well that's different then~

I think we gave you enough info then.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#11 User is offline   Sor_chi 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 27 August 2011 - 12:56 PM, said:

*Reads*

Oh well that's different then~

I think we gave you enough info then.

Si! I just wanted to know about the quality and parking for motle 6. SO thanks to all who gaves me that info!
Fackbook

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users