Anime Central Forums: My Little Pony: Friendship is magic meetup 2012 - Anime Central Forums

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My Little Pony: Friendship is magic meetup 2012 Bronies and MLP fans unite!

#391 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

I was one of the Fluttershys and I was at both the Friday and Saturday shoots. I will admit that the choice of location was just horrible for Friday. That small of a space is just insane as it was VERY clear at the start of the shoot that we were going to be a very large group it should have been moved outside just like it had been scheduled for and where we ended up on Saturday (I checked my guidebook app to be sure i had this right). It was a little confusing in order to find where the shoots were and I been going to acen for 8 years, so I can see where confusion set in. Were there ponies that didn't act as they should have? Sure. this happened all weekend with various people cosplayers or not and yet there is no threat not to have a shoot because someone in say an ash costume acted bad so no pokemon. It's wrong to jump to conclusions like this.

Saturday it was good that it was moved outside, however, as I had recently hurt my foot I had a special shoe on and moving back into the mud sucked big time and I ruined one of the slippers I needed for my Fluttershy cosplay. It was as organized as it could have been given the large group. There were some young boys (young to me being late teens) that were saying some horrible horrible comments, but another fellow Fluttershy quickly told them that there were small children around and to cut the swearing and they did.

Perhaps with such a massive group the time slot should be an hour (I know with the Pokemon photo shoot in 2011 we ran into problems with not having enough time) and have someone with a staff badge running the shoot. And perhaps not schedule ANY shoots near video programming/IRT. It's real easy to just shut the glass doors leading to that part of the Hyatt and saying it is a quiet zone and to please keep the noise down. And what might also help is to schedule one panel in order for those that are a bit too excited to expel the energy and perhaps be a little more mellow at the shoots. However there are always going to be bad people in groups and it could have been way worse.

As a plea I ask that the MLP shoot not be outright cancelled until things have been thought out some more and people have had a chance to calm down. I would like to have a shoot for 2013 as I will have improvements on my current outfit and would like to take pictures with my fellow fans.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#392 User is offline   LoveInViolet 

• IRT Staff
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61219

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

Okay, so, just got home from work, so I've got a bit to catch up on. Here goes!

View PostIris, on 30 April 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

Female gala rainbow dash, bodysuit spike, and the Big Mac that got to snuggle with Cherrilee (from the Saturday shoot) here.

First off, thank you for letting me hug you Big Mac! I also feel bad for leaving out the other Big Mac Cosplayers, but, so concerned with Bitties, that I didn't realize they were there until afterwards!

View Postkeitaro-849, on 30 April 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Also an idea came to mind about this "photoshoot hijacker guy." There should be a way to identify people by badge correct? If the person in charge of the photoshoot privately tells the acen staff about their badge name, and badge code and real name. To reinforce it so they could point out "hey this guy is taking over my photoshoot, look up my badge name and real name here and thats my proof" It may be a hard thing to enforce but its a plan we could look into.

View Postkeitaro-849, on 30 April 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

ouch... i think that guy was directing it toward me... :( that's unacceptable D:. We are all anime nerds here so why pick on everyone? I know there are brony haters out there but they are going a bit too far... Bronies are supposed to practice love and tolerance and they shouldn't have to be treated like crap for those beliefs... I was cosplaying the rainbow dash gala dress so of course it will have a skirt... wow... just wow... we need to do something about the guys with the rude comments... if IRT was there i'd get them moved out of there.

I was actually on IRT this year, and, had ayone told me that he wasn't suppsoed to be running the shoot, or the issues with the rude people, I would have gladly alerted someone who was on shift. I know I'll be on staff again next year, so, if we're allowed a shoot (which I hope we are, as we shouldn't be punished for a few bad apples... no offence to the Apple family) I know I'll be there again with Bitties.

But, on the flip side, IRT can't catch everything!

And, also, if any of these 'brony haters' had anything to say about me passing Bitties to other cosplayers for pictures, I'm trying to get her used to other people, and she seems to be doing just fine with that :P
IRT Administrative Commander
Callsign - WAVES

Lola Hart <3 ACen's own Bella Diva Fantistico!
BUBBLE POP BURLESQUE SUBMISSIONS CLOSED! THANK YOU!
2014 Costumes
Shiny Sylveon (Pokemon), Quistis Trepe (Final Fantasy VIII), Trish (Devil May Cry), Mad Moxxi (Borderlands 2)

#393 User is offline   Grand Master Brief 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19762

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 29 April 2012 - 10:51 PM, said:

a) I've seen the guy who took over (thanks ken/lin for the picture)... he is not staff. Sir, if you see this post.. I've been told you hijacked a couple other gatherings. I will be talking to my DH about this as we did ask that everyone leave the running of the meets to the group leaders. I'm not sure what will happen, but so far, my DH is telling me that this group will not be allowed to hold a gathering next year due to the level of chaos from Friday's meet alone. I specifically asked that gatherings to be run by their leaders. This is why we =have= them. Had I known that you had hijacked this meet (Sorry, keitaro.. I do not know what you look like.) and the other meets, I would have possibly been able to pull your badge right then and there.

B) The confetti. Video programming spent all night picking that crap up by hand.

c) The noise level. Were you all not warned beforehand about being in an area that is near video programming, the EMRT offices and the IRT offices? Where were your indoor voices that were learned in first grade?

Again, my DH is talking about not letting this fandom have a meet since a few of you forgot how to act like civil human beings. I'll post more once I get more word. Am I mad? Livid. Do we need to work on this? Heck yes. Will something be done to reach a happy medium? You bet. For now? I would like to hear everything that happened at both meets, if you all could be so kind and fill me in.

As a friend of the exact person you are talking about I will speak on his behalf since he does not have an ACen Forums account nor does he intend to make one. please message me and I will forward any information to him and hopefully help resolve this issue.
COSPLAYS
Done at ACen - L Lawliet(2008), Tamaki Suou(2008), Dead Bones Brook(2009-2010), Briefers Rocks(2011-2012), Scott Pilgrim(2011), Todd Ingram(2012)
Done at AMKE - Dead Bones Brook(2010), Briefers Rocks(2011), Hirano Kohta(2013)
Other Cosplays - Bandit Keith(KitsuneKon 2013)
Upcoming - Laharl, Adult Negi Springfield, Ash Ketchum, Yami Yugi, Soul Eater Evans, Death the Kid
Subscribe to my youtube channel
Follow me on twitter @speedlemon
Add me on XBOX 360 - Sp33dl3m0n

#394 User is offline   Althynia 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 61862

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

View PostLoveInViolet, on 01 May 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

which I hope we are, as we shouldn't be punished for a few bad apples... no offence to the Apple family

;D Granny Smith picks out the rotten apples before the cider is made for a reason, ya know.

#395 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3528

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

View PostGrand Master Brief, on 01 May 2012 - 12:57 AM, said:

As a friend of the exact person you are talking about I will speak on his behalf since he does not have an ACen Forums account nor does he intend to make one. please message me and I will forward any information to him and hopefully help resolve this issue.

Already have his information. I'm waiting on word from my DH before moving ahead on anything.

#396 User is offline   Grand Master Brief 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 01 May 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

Already have his information. I'm waiting on word from my DH before moving ahead on anything.

alright, but he wanted me to let you know that he wasnt trying to hijack any panel and that no one approached him about being in charge and he apologizes if he caused any problems. And how did you get his info all he does at the cons is take photos of cool cosplays and try to run photoshoots :P

This post has been edited by Grand Master Brief: 01 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

COSPLAYS
Done at ACen - L Lawliet(2008), Tamaki Suou(2008), Dead Bones Brook(2009-2010), Briefers Rocks(2011-2012), Scott Pilgrim(2011), Todd Ingram(2012)
Upcoming - Laharl, Adult Negi Springfield, Ash Ketchum, Yami Yugi, Soul Eater Evans, Death the Kid

#397 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

And he asked no one if this was alright. He didn't approach anyone on my staff about it and I've been getting reports that people were intimidated by the guy. That's where I'm leaving it.

#398 User is offline   Grand Master Brief 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

View Postcactusmomma, on 01 May 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

And he asked no one if this was alright. He didn't approach anyone on my staff about it and I've been getting reports that people were intimidated by the guy. That's where I'm leaving it.

thats kind of what I thought, I told him to make a forums account to ask to run the shoot.
COSPLAYS

#399 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9285

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

View Postslrphebos, on 30 April 2012 - 11:39 PM, said:

I was one of the Fluttershys and I was at both the Friday and Saturday shoots. I will admit that the choice of location was just horrible for Friday. That small of a space is just insane as it was VERY clear at the start of the shoot that we were going to be a very large group it should have been moved outside just like it had been scheduled for and where we ended up on Saturday (I checked my guidebook app to be sure i had this right). It was a little confusing in order to find where the shoots were and I been going to acen for 8 years, so I can see where confusion set in. Were there ponies that didn't act as they should have? Sure. this happened all weekend with various people cosplayers or not and yet there is no threat not to have a shoot because someone in say an ash costume acted bad so no pokemon. It's wrong to jump to conclusions like this.

Saturday it was good that it was moved outside, however, as I had recently hurt my foot I had a special shoe on and moving back into the mud sucked big time and I ruined one of the slippers I needed for my Fluttershy cosplay. It was as organized as it could have been given the large group. There were some young boys (young to me being late teens) that were saying some horrible horrible comments, but another fellow Fluttershy quickly told them that there were small children around and to cut the swearing and they did.

Perhaps with such a massive group the time slot should be an hour (I know with the Pokemon photo shoot in 2011 we ran into problems with not having enough time) and have someone with a staff badge running the shoot. And perhaps not schedule ANY shoots near video programming/IRT. It's real easy to just shut the glass doors leading to that part of the Hyatt and saying it is a quiet zone and to please keep the noise down. And what might also help is to schedule one panel in order for those that are a bit too excited to expel the energy and perhaps be a little more mellow at the shoots. However there are always going to be bad people in groups and it could have been way worse.

As a plea I ask that the MLP shoot not be outright cancelled until things have been thought out some more and people have had a chance to calm down. I would like to have a shoot for 2013 as I will have improvements on my current outfit and would like to take pictures with my fellow fans.

I suppose there's pros and cons to being outside too. On the plus side there's the fact that there will be lots more room. The downside would possibly be the cold, rain that may or may not happen, and like you said getting your cosplay shoes really dirty in mud. I don't know if alot of people liked being outside though considering we were all freezing our butts off and could've caught a cold or flu.

I think a different location would've helped with a few of the problems too since it was hard to fit in everyone in the shoot and they might be ok with us next year if we weren't near the IRT offices. I don't think Acen has enough staff to be at every photoshoot to monitor it and run it and i'd rather run the event myself. Like i suggested before there should be something put in place where the acen staff knows the badge name of the one running the photoshoot and stop random hijackers from taking over... I think that if there were several people with me to help keep the crowd calmed down a bit too that would help things alot.

I am kindof curious though if it is possible to have an hour long photoshoot when groups end up being that big. I wasn't expecting on running into the problem of not enough space while indoors... Although looking back on it I think i would've tried to push the group to a bigger spot. there's not alot of locations inside that are actually all that big of a space though. I am hoping that some rooms next year can be designated as meetup spots that are way bigger.
If you wanna chat to me ;)
aim: keitaro849
msn: alan849@hotmail.com
yahoo: dejiko849
facebook: http://facebook.com/Dashy.of.harmony

#400 User is offline   DeLightfulfreak 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 21643

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostOathThe1st, on 30 April 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

or the shoot was extremely disappointing. I was one of many barely able to move in the grass because of the mud. I am SO lucky my heels weren't stilettos or I'd have fallen over. I feel horrible for one of my fellow Raritys, though, who had white heels. I kind of wanted to punch the guy who kept telling us to scoot back into the grass in the face :/ I understand it makes it easier to get photos, but I'm sorry, I don't want to risk ruining my or anyone else's cosplay for the crowd's enjoyment. Too small of a space and poor choice of location.

Heya, I'm the Rarity with the white heels.

I didn't really know what to expect since
1) I hadn't been at the photo shoot on Friday
2) this was my 2nd photo shoot ever.

I really hadn't had much experience with so many people in one place. It was SO crowded on the left side I kept getting hit in the face with various Rainbow Dash & Fluttershy wings, and if that wasn't enough I kept getting in peoples' way accidentally blocking them from photos, and I'm very sorry if that happened to anyone! I feel terrible!

Since Saturday's shoot, I've gotten very sick. I guess I could have planned a little better on my part though since wearing a strapless dress and heels wasn't exactly ideal for the weather conditions, but anyway I was a little disappointed that we had to stand on the grass. I kept sinking into the ground ;__; and I've never walked in heels before so I was wobbling all over the place. I was terrified I might have taken one of the other Raritys' down with me if I fell. (Thanks goodness that didn't happen) x_x I could have done without the musical parts unless we were indoors, but I didn't mind too much.

I kind of hope that in future years we don't get our shoots canceled. It would be a shame if because of mishaps and a few rotten people everybody has to suffer. :C
ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Ema Skye-Apollo Justice, Ace Attorney
Mataro Mankanshoku-Kill La Kill
Jane Lane-Daria

Currently: ACE ATTORNEY ADDICTED
Huzzah for the orange ninja! NO not Naruto, Michelangelo.....YES the turtle.

#401 User is offline   Unka Josh 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13162

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostROCphoto, on 30 April 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

also, I was unaware of the drama or the guy hijacking the shoot friday, though I did feel rather offput the instant he walked into that area and shouted "EVERYPONY GET OVER HERE" like people were in trouble. The suddenly louder environment and overflowing crowd got in the way of me working on my commissions at the time, so I just kinda idly sat by and watched. Officially got nothing done that day except having to explain why ponies "are a thing" to my not-too-nerdy roommate. (he ended up wearing pony ears 90% of the con, and didn't take them off for several hours after getting home, sooooo I guess he found something of interest

The suddenly louder environment and overflowing crowd also rather got in the way of the Video Programming department that the photoshoot was right in the middle of. Combined with the confetti, well, that has repercussions.
There is a slight flaw in my character.

#402 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Why can't we just make a rule for next time that says "no confetti indoors unless you bring a vacuum cleaner and will clean it up yourself, or you do it outside." Also i would really love some help with crowd control to keep the crowd's volume level down and to tell people shouting out rude things to cease and desist that stuff. Even if we were far away from IRT or video programming a noisy crowd still gets in the way of running a shoot smoothly.

This post has been edited by keitaro-849: 01 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

#403 User is offline   Tombolo 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 57244

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

To be fair, I'm not sure how "overflowing crowd" is the shoot's fault, unless I'm not getting your meaning. Put a big shoot in a small room with other stuff and yeah, space is an issue. I also didn't notice a particularly high noise level relative to other shoots or the con in general, but I'm kinda a space cadet, so I'll concede that possibility. >_>

This post has been edited by Tombolo: 01 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

derp

#404 User is offline   cactusmomma 

• Costume Events Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

At the time the shoot was locked in, the show hadn't fully taken off..so we weren't fully sure on how big the numbers would be. You guys are definitely on the larger scale now.

#405 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

So anyways all complaints put aside for a moment here, I still want to do a photoshoot in Chicago soon to make up for the big mess here. Is everyone ok with that? And I will make sure that I will be the one in charge this time, with some friends that will help me of course.

#406 User is offline   Althynia 

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

It would honestly depend on when and where. If it's too far from where I am, I likely couldn't make it. I'm also going to be out in another state for two weeks soon, so...yeah. XD

#407 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

ah so where are you from? :3

#408 User is offline   So many Zubats 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62302

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

View PostROCphoto, on 30 April 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

I missed the second shoot, and the first one was too crowded in that little hall to really bother, but here's this

Posted Image

plus some quick snaps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

also I posted this guy to tumblr [link] and he got 800+ notes, it was insane.

if there's a meetup for shooting north of chicago I might be able to come out and do some one-on-one shoots for people, I'm up by Gurnee and always happy to take on a shoot if it's nearby.

Howdy! I was the Granny Smith Derpy. I live in Chicago and a meetup/shoot might be fun. I was wondering if anyone had any more pictures. Also, There was a female Rainbow Dash who gave me some contact info but I lost it because my bag was stolen. If you're reading this drop me a line. If you aren't her, you can still drop me a line if you want.

#409 User is offline   LoveInViolet 

• IRT Staff
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61219

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'd love to do a shoot, but I live in Indianapolis, and travel with Bitties is never easy. That and I drive a minivan, and gas is expensive...
IRT Administrative Commander
Callsign - WAVES

Lola Hart <3 ACen's own Bella Diva Fantistico!
BUBBLE POP BURLESQUE SUBMISSIONS CLOSED! THANK YOU!
2014 Costumes
Shiny Sylveon (Pokemon), Quistis Trepe (Final Fantasy VIII), Trish (Devil May Cry), Mad Moxxi (Borderlands 2)

#410 User is offline   Althynia 

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

I live in Indiana. Northwest area, about an hour out from chicago, give or take a few minutes depending on which part of Chicago we are talking about.

#411 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:17 PM

I like how ROCphoto's camera comes out so clean and clear in the pictures. what camera is he using?

#412 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

I was thinking the photoshoot could be in Chicago in Millennium Park. I will make a facebook event for it. And any professional photographers are welcome to help :3.

#413 User is offline   Althynia 

• Pip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

I just added you on FB. :) Lemme know when you make the event page thingie - could be viable, especially if I can get some other Indiana people going with (not sure if there are any Indiana people besides me and Violet though....) :0

#414 User is offline   Unka Josh 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 13162

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Have you considered Millenium Park for a photoshoot location? Something about Cloud Gate just seems to fit this one...
There is a slight flaw in my character.

#415 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

View PostUnka Josh, on 01 May 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Have you considered Millenium Park for a photoshoot location? Something about Cloud Gate just seems to fit this one...

I wouldn't go anywhere near there with a large group after what happened at Soycon.
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#416 User is offline   Tombolo 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 57244

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Chicagoans are jerks sometimes :\ I think it was Soycon where I was in a group that nearly came to blows with some normal people. Granted, the blame was partially on us, but one guy was cussing up a storm right in front of his little kid with not that much provocation at all.

...I assume there was some bigger incident that was What Happened At Soycon? >_> After our incident we were all just kinda bummed and wandered back home.
derp

#417 User is offline   DeLightfulfreak 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 21643

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

View PostTombolo, on 01 May 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

Chicagoans are jerks sometimes :\ I think it was Soycon where I was in a group that nearly came to blows with some normal people. Granted, the blame was partially on us, but one guy was cussing up a storm right in front of his little kid with not that much provocation at all.

...I assume there was some bigger incident that was What Happened At Soycon? >_> After our incident we were all just kinda bummed and wandered back home.

Fake bomb scare :/
http://www.suntimes....bomb-scare.html

This post has been edited by DeLightfulfreak: 01 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

ACen 2014 Cosplays:
Ema Skye-Apollo Justice, Ace Attorney
Mataro Mankanshoku-Kill La Kill
Jane Lane-Daria

Currently: ACE ATTORNEY ADDICTED
Huzzah for the orange ninja! NO not Naruto, Michelangelo.....YES the turtle.

#418 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Keitaro, why not just wait for Midwestria?
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#419 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

I don't quite understand why these things would cause there to not be another MLP shoot next year?
I never heard anyone tell the group to be quiet in the gathering area, I know I personally was not told ahead of time or at arrival to the gathering that we needed to be quiet (although I'm shy/quiet myself). No IRT or other staff came and asked the crowd to keep it down (not that I saw/heard anyway) or ask people to stop doing any other things that were mentioned here as being a problem. So what is wrong with just asking the group to be quieter, asking individual people to stop, or telling everyone to move outside if they can't stay quiet? If the other issues mentioned were such a problem why did no one speak up or call IRT for help? How do the cosplayers or 'audience' know there is a problem if no one tells them?

I also don't understand, if the noise or size of the group is the issue, why they couldn't just move it outside or to a different area next year? None of the issues here sound so huge or awful that they should merit cancelling future shoots, and most seem like they could be easily fixed or stopped by just letting people know what the problem is and asking for them to stop, or to move to another area.

It would also make sense to have some sort of staff or volunteer(s) on hand to assist with photoshoots which are expected to be especially large. They could help keep things organized and moving along as well as help keep the photographers and cosplayers at a good distance and angle in order for everyone to be able to be seen and get good photos. I had some problems with getting photos on Sat for example because the photographers were crowding the area, I'm short and there were a lot of tall people in front of me who would not let me through (I could have stood in front of them without getting in their way of taking photos).
I see that this group wasn't expected to be so large but after the first day I would think this would give a clue for the next day, and definitely for next year.

This post has been edited by Kasumisty: 01 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

#420 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

View PostDeLightfulfreak, on 01 May 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

yeah i heard about the fake bomb scare on facebook. I usually go to soycon every year, but after hearing something like that happening it made me happy i didn't go last year. Not that it would happen again or anything its just kinda annoying to have to be sent home because of it. Chicago does have some nice places to take pictures at, and well it definitely solves the not having enough space problem since we would be outdoors. The only thing that's a major turn off for me or others doing it in Chicago are the random chicagoans going "what the hell is this, why are all these people dressed up here." Is that a concern with you guys too?

@Kasumisty: IRT wasn't even there on Friday at the photoshoot, if they were sooooo many problems would've been prevented. Something I would like to do for next time is have someone in my group act as "crowd control" to keep down the noise levels and stop people from shouting rude comments.

• 16 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users