Anime Central Forums: ACen Artist Alley / Art Show Mailing List - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACen Artist Alley / Art Show Mailing List

#1 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:48 AM

As some if not all of you know by now, we have a mailing list for the Artist Alley and Art Show.
If you want to join, and be apart of the updates as they happen, please visit the group page and apply to receive emails.Posted Image
https://groups.googl...acenaaml/topics

Or send us an email using artists(AT)ACen[dot]org with your request too join the list, and we will make it so.

The list is a google group, so if you don't have a gmail email, it may be difficult to sign-up yourself (therefore send us an email expressing your wish to join the ML). Since it is a google group that also means that you can see what transpired in all the previous announcements as well. Posted Image

EDIT:
This Mailing List will not need repopulation, and it will be the one that we use every year. So if you are on it / if you were on it in 2012, you are automatically carried over into 2013.
If you want to unsubscribe, please follow the directions at the bottom of each newsletter instead of marking it as spam.
Thank you
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#2 User is offline   Chainmail Badger 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60950

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:05 AM

I would like to join the mailing list but when I click on the link it ask me to sign in. I don't seem to be able to sign in there and it list no place to register.

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

View PostChainmail Badger, on 11 September 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

I would like to join the mailing list but when I click on the link it ask me to sign in. I don't seem to be able to sign in there and it list no place to register.

I don't know why it is doing that. I just approved a few people to be added to the mailing list today and they didn't experience that problem. I will have to see if something is off in the settings somewhere. >.>
Send me an email, using one of the emails in my sig, and I will get you a invite request. :)

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#4 User is offline   Chainmail Badger 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60950

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

Thank you. I will email you on the artistalley one. :)

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 5.

If you aren't able to join the mailing list for any particular reason through the mailing list set-up, please send us an email with your request, using any of the emails in my signature below, and we will make it happen.

In the mean time, check our our Exhibit Hall forums. While they may be infested with crickets (you will know what I mean when you visit and see how busy it is), there is a current poll up to see how people would prefer the listing of Exhibitors. So....

#6 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:27 AM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 6 for the 2012 Convention Year.

If you aren't able to join the mailing list for any particular reason through the mailing list set-up, please send us an email with your request, using any of the emails in my signature below, and we will make it happen.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 7 for the 2012 Convention Year.

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 9 for the 2012 Convention Year. This was an important email. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc... please email us using one of the emails listed in the signature below.

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Dux-X-Bellorum 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61116

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

Is this Mailing List differnet from the one you sign up for on the main ACen page?
Howdy!
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/...s?ref=top_trail (I make cute stuff!)
YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...um?feature=mhee (I Let's Play!)
DeviantART: http://dux-x-bellorum.deviantart.com/ (I have nothing to say about this one!)

#10 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

View PostDux-X-Bellorum, on 12 December 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

Is this Mailing List differnet from the one you sign up for on the main ACen page?

Good Evening,
Yes, the Artist Alley mailing list is different from the main ACen Newsletter.
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#11 User is offline   Dux-X-Bellorum 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61116

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

View PostLord Warhammer, on 12 December 2011 - 10:03 PM, said:

Good Evening,
Yes, the Artist Alley mailing list is different from the main ACen Newsletter.

Darn. I feel kinda stupid for not realizing that, but thanks for telling me. I'll have to remember that for next year. :3
Howdy!
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/...s?ref=top_trail (I make cute stuff!)
YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...um?feature=mhee (I Let's Play!)
DeviantART: http://dux-x-bellorum.deviantart.com/ (I have nothing to say about this one!)

#12 User is offline   Daku Yoru 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 29835

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

When I went to the link provided, it told me I had to request Membership to the Group. Does this mean the moment my application is done "Pending" then I am automatically signed up for the Artist Alley mailing list??

This post has been edited by Daku Yoru: 14 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

#13 User is offline   Cazenburg 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9863

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Do you have to have a Gmail account to sign up for the mailing list? I wanted to use the yahoo account that I get the ACen newsletter on so it's easier for me to remember to check.
Planned cosplays - ACen 2013
~ Balmung - .Hack//Infection-Quarantine - 20% finished - Definitely for 2013...If the world hasn't ended. XD
~ Support Reaper - TWEWY

#14 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

View PostCazenburg, on 17 March 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Do you have to have a Gmail account to sign up for the mailing list? I wanted to use the yahoo account that I get the ACen newsletter on so it's easier for me to remember to check.

No, but it is easier to do it that way.
PM me your email, and I will get it taken care of.

#15 User is offline   railas 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Just wondering, I submitted the registration for the art show, but I haven't heard back yet.
As its getting closer to the convention, I'm wondering when/how I should pay. I'm afraid nobody will review mine, I won't get to pay, and then I'll get there and be expected to pay $20 rather than $10.

#16 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

View Postrailas, on 22 April 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

Just wondering, I submitted the registration for the art show, but I haven't heard back yet.
As its getting closer to the convention, I'm wondering when/how I should pay. I'm afraid nobody will review mine, I won't get to pay, and then I'll get there and be expected to pay $20 rather than $10.

Most of the recent submission requests that were entered recently were placed on a waiting list, because of the large influx of entries and because the system was no longer able to accept payment after the 15th. When you selected a flat, did the system tell you that it would place you on a waiting list?

#17 User is offline   railas 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61183

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Ah thats why~
I will go back and double check.

I'm afraid I can't tell, nor can I remember if I did.
I started looking into the art show on the 12th, but didn't register until the 19th.

This post has been edited by railas: 22 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

#18 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

The Transition ML email has been sent out. If you belong to the 2012 list, you do NOT need to sign-up again. We are carrying over the members to the 2013 list.

#19 User is offline   Ekqo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61282

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

I tried to join the mailing list but it says I don't have permission to view the forum. Did I not sign up correctly? I missed the registration period last year, I don't want to miss it this time! (If it helps, I believe I signed up with the nickname Ekqo)
One half of PinStripes Studios!
Our Etsy shop

Gearing up for our 2013 convention tour!
Confirmed locations: Anime-ZAP, Peoria, Illinois (January 4-6), Kitsune Kon, Appleton, Wisconsin (March 22-24)

#20 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostEkqo, on 10 August 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

I tried to join the mailing list but it says I don't have permission to view the forum. Did I not sign up correctly? I missed the registration period last year, I don't want to miss it this time! (If it helps, I believe I signed up with the nickname Ekqo)

I am not too sure what you mean, but I just went in and approved your membership to the list, so you are officially on the list :)

#21 User is offline   Ekqo 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 61282

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 10 August 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

I am not too sure what you mean, but I just went in and approved your membership to the list, so you are officially on the list :)

I can view the topics now, thanks! :D
One half of PinStripes Studios!
Our Etsy shop

Gearing up for our 2013 convention tour!
Confirmed locations: Anime-ZAP, Peoria, Illinois (January 4-6), Kitsune Kon, Appleton, Wisconsin (March 22-24)

#22 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 2 for the 2013 Convention Year. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc... please email us using one of the emails listed in the signature below.

Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 5-ish for the 2013 Convention Year. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc... please email us using one of the emails listed in the signature below.

Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 6-ish for the 2013 Convention Year. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc... please email us using one of the emails listed in the signature below.

Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 7-ish for the 2013 Convention Year. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc... please email us using one of the emails listed in the signature below.
Posted Image

#26 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 2 for the 2014 Convention Year. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc... please email us using one of the emails listed in the signature below.

Posted Image

#27 User is offline   RinTheYordle 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 64351

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hello! I am new here, really looking into ACen being my first big convention and first time doing an artist alley exhibit as well.

I am trying to sign up for the google mailing list, but google is being mean and keeps signing me out every time I try to apply.

Can you add me on, please? I'm trying to gather information as soon as possible to know if I can make this happen or not!

Thank you so much in advance!

*edited by Voltaire30 after email was placed on the mailing list to prevent people from getting your email*

#28 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list, bringing our total updates as of today, on this particular mailing list, to 3 for the 2014 Convention Year. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc... please email us using one of the emails listed in the signature below.

Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

For those of you that may be contemplating joining the Mailing List, I would encourage you to do so. Another update was just sent out, via our mailing list. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, etc... please email us using one of the emails listed in the signature below.

Posted Image

Below is what was just sent out. It will be removed after the Alley has opened.

Good Evening Everyone (Morning! for our non-american residence),
I want to first welcome the new additions to the ACen Artist Alley / Art Show Mailing List. If at anytime you do not want to receive these emails, please use the link located in the email signature instead of marking our mailing list as spam. This will not only help you, but it will also help other Artists to still receive the updates.
Now for the Meat and Potatoes you are looking for...
  • The Artist Alley opens on December 12th @ 6pm Chicago time. You will want to log-into your user account before you attempt to register for the Alley/Show (if you do not already have a user account, you will need to make one). If you already have a user account, please do not create another one (this will help keep your badge linked to your table).
  • You will want to keep an eye at www.ACen.org for the link to appear in the left hand menu.
  • You will need to following information to make your registration process as painless as possible.
    • Studio Name
    • IBT # (if applicable)
    • Website (if applicable)
    • Types of products sold / Descriptions of products sold
    • Special requests
    • To know if this is your first time in the Alley
    • To know how many Alley tables you need
    • To know if you want Art Show Tables, or Standing Gridwalls (silent auction)
    • To know your studio mates' User Names (can be entered later)
    • And last but not least, know how to spell your own (real, legal) name for the digital signature.
  • The Artist Alley is first come first serve, with account taken for product types. This means that the goal is to prevent over saturation of a particular Art form in the Alley. This is not a juried process, but solely based on product type after first come first serve. We are doing this because it will provide an opportunity for a better profit margin for Artists, and it will provide people with the ability to make it into the Alley after the first 12-13 minutes we usually sell out in.
  • Artist Alley Badges are not mailed because of the extra privileges given to those badges, so if you have selected mailing, you will either receive an attendee badge in the mail, or you will not receive a badge in the mail. Please make sure your studiomates know this as well (as this applies to them too).
  • You will eventually need to know your studio member's website usernames (not badge names, or forum names), to add them to your studio, via your user profile. No person can belong to multiple studio's so please take note.
  • If you intend to run a panel as well, you will need the lead panelist to be the same person as the lead artist who registers. This will not only prevent any miscommunication regarding your status, but it also makes it a lot easier to identify badge pick-up locations.
  • Please review the Artist Alley / Art Show Agreement Terms which links can be found on http://www.ACen.org/...-alley-art-show, if you have not done so already. It will give you a leg up on how the Alley is operated.
  • If the site should experience technical difficulties, please keep trying. We will not be moving the registration date back, unless officially announced on the forums, the mailing list, and on our website. Please also note that the connection between the website, and your computer is determined by your internet service provider and the distance you are from the "hub". This means that even if the site does not go down, but you are seeing errors, that it could very well be a service / bandwidth issue being communicated from your service provider.
  • and last but certainly not least, remember to have fun! We value communication over all else, so even if you don't want to tell us your email (we advise that you do so we can reply if need be) there is the contact us form on our contact us page, on the ACen website.

Now that you have read through the wall of text, you are halfway there. See you in a few days.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users