Anime Central Forums: Gintama 2012 - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Gintama 2012 Raise Your Patriots in the Air!

#1 User is offline   Lizzykun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 9613

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:29 PM

Hey kids, let us continue keeping the tradition of being awesome into next year! Just because it looks disturbingly likely Sentai won't release anymore DVD boxes doesn't mean we should start slacking in our fervor!

Some Updates as of 2/12:

We've been given the preliminary timeslot of Saturday 1:30pm in the garden (our usual spot), but you can always check the appropriate stickies for the latest information on the gatherings schedule.

Things I will be bringing: Extreme Janken (we'll also play a round or two at the Gintama panel), Uno, and possibly if I can find it in my basement, the Game of LIFE. :D

If possible, I'd like to get some folks together after the photoshoot to head over inside the Hyatt and find a spot to play a few Gintama-fueled games of Uno or LIFE.

The current timeslot for the Gintama panel is Friday at 1:30pm-3:00pm in DaVinci AB. Look forward to it!

This post has been edited by Lizzykun: 23 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

"Not having money is like a chronic nasal inflammation. We have to get along with poverty while keeping our distance from it. We have to keep the feeling lukewarm."
-Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#2 User is offline   Lizzykun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:36 PM

Hey guys, the thread for the Gintama panel is up and is awaiting your feedback. We're going to try a lot of new things this year, so check it out and look forward to it! We'll be submitting it next month when applications open.

http://www.acen.org/...-gintama-panel/
"Not having money is like a chronic nasal inflammation. We have to get along with poverty while keeping our distance from it. We have to keep the feeling lukewarm."
-Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#3 User is offline   Lizzykun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

Bumping because I need answers, and I'm worried people won't realize this is here. :/
-Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#4 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Forums has been dead. lol I'm debating bout bring back Gintoki, I want to tho. I'm sure I'll bring it back this year. Location is fine too.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#5 User is offline   DaphHime 

• Registration
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 303

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

I just haven't been checking the forums in general. :blush: I'm fine with early Saturday afternoon. Any later though and we run a risk of competing with the masquerade like last year.

And yay! Panel approved! :D
Acen Registration Staff 2010-???
Poss. cosplays: Marie (Soul Eater), Ukraine (Hetalia), Anri (DRRR!!), usual Gintama stuff.

Currently watching Soul Eater, Hetaila, Gintama, Durarara!!
Currently playing World of Warcraft (Sarhime/Syirens/Daphime (all Horde) @ Ravencrest if you want to look me up. :) )

Twitter//Facebook//Livejournal (friends only, but feel free to add!)

#6 User is offline   Alex_Strife 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17962

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

I'm highly considering bringing back my Sougo/Shinsengumi cosplay for one last go this year before possibly retiring it. I never get tired of going to these Gintama shoots, but I never have the time to wear my Sougo cosplay compared to all of my other new cosplays.
ACEN 2012 Cosplays:

Mikoto Misaka (To Aru Majutsu no Index/Kagaku no Railgun)
Strider Hiryu (Strider)
Mami Tomoe (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Jace Beleren (Magic the Gathering)
Sougo Okita (Gintama)

#7 User is offline   Lizzykun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

I just updated the first post with the current information and gathering plans. Tell as many people as you can! Acen is usually the largest Gintama gathering I see all year. Since we're doing also doing the panel this year I'm extra stoked about the gathering. :D
-Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#8 User is offline   Lizzykun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hello again kids, so far our gathering will be Saturday at 1:30pm in the garden.

This post has been edited by Lizzykun: 03 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

-Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#9 User is offline   Lizzykun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

Hey guys! I hope your excited because I am! I saw that Sentai Filmworks is giving an industry panel on Friday from 6:15pm to 7:45pm in the London room of the Hyatt. It would be cool if we all showed up in our Gintama gear to show our interest. Sentai is pretty much gauging future releases entirely on the sales of the Gintama movie come May, so let's show them that people still love and want more Gintama!
-Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#10 User is offline   DaphHime 

• Registration
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 303

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'd do that but I'm pretty sure I'm working at that time. :(

I'll be at the photoshoot and panel for sure though. :D
Acen Registration Staff 2010-???
Poss. cosplays: Marie (Soul Eater), Ukraine (Hetalia), Anri (DRRR!!), usual Gintama stuff.

Currently watching Soul Eater, Hetaila, Gintama, Durarara!!
Currently playing World of Warcraft (Sarhime/Syirens/Daphime (all Horde) @ Ravencrest if you want to look me up. :) )

Twitter//Facebook//Livejournal (friends only, but feel free to add!)

#11 User is offline   Lizzykun 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hey guys something else to note, the forecast is calling for rain. The current back-up rain location for us will either be inside the convention center (the main area once you enter via the doors, or the escalators), or the area outside the main doors of the convention center (where the fountains are). Hopefully we won't have to use them!
-Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users