• You cannot reply to this topic

'Eyo! Shiggitay-desu Sup?

#1 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60878

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

Sup all! I'm new to these forums, but not to animé or animé cons in general. I'm possibly planning on coming to ACen 2012, since I have friends in the area, and it's a cool con, or so I hear. I've been to Animé Boston (local to me), Otakon, and NY Anime Fest (which sorta sucked last year because NY Comic Con overtook it. >_>). Animé Boston and ACen both happen in April, and I can't afford to go to both. I've been to AB 3x now, and it's getting boring (no offense to those of you that frequent AB. It's a good con, but I'm getting tired of it) since none of my friends that I know out here really take it seriously enough. All they do is get high/drunk and act really retarded around the con grounds. Not cool in my book. Sure, it's fun for them, but why pay the money to get into the con, and then money for booze and who knows what else? A huge waste if you ask me.

Anywho, now that I can finally post, I wanted to say hi, and see y'all around on the forums! :)

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 15 August 2011 - 01:11 AM

Anime fo lyfe!

Representin' Anime Boston 2015 ACen 2015, and Otakon 2015!!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#2 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:00 PM

Hi there! Welcome to the forums!
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#3 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:12 AM

View PostInkwell09, on 14 August 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

Hi there! Welcome to the forums!

TY TY. :)

Oh and I fixed a typo in the OP. I meant to say that AB and ACen both fall in APRIL |not| MARCH. lol. Fixed.

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 15 August 2011 - 01:12 AM

Anime fo lyfe!

-----------------------------Help me out if you can! And please share those links around! Arigatou!!---------------------------
Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd [Famitsu DX Pack] (Japan Version) for PlayStation 3 (PS3)>

Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd | Buy Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- F 2nd (Japan Version) for PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita)>

#4 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

Privet and welcome!

I heard about all of those cons before, but I mostly go to local cons out of habit. I might go to AMC or AX next year.

Acen is a fun con but plan ahead. Make sure you get your badge, plan your hotel, etc. in advance.

Wow your friends were lucky they didn't get kicked out of the con.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#5 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

Ciao e benvenuti al forum!!!!!!

I hope you have fun here! ^_^

I'm sorry AB got boring for you....yeah getting high and drunk isn't my idea of a con time either...I'd rather spend my money on anime stuff! hahaha! XD Enjoy your stay! wow i sound like a hotel lol XD.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#6 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:29 AM

Welcome to the forums. Have a cookie *hands cookie*

Hope you have fun both here on the forums and at Acen 2012. It's super fun. I may not have gone to Acen as long as some people on the forums (just 3 times) but I can tell you you'll have fun.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#7 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:20 PM

Thanks guys. AB, as I said, is a great con, but without people to hang out with that are like-minded, it sort of defies the purpose of an animé con for me. Sure I could link up with random people, but that's not the same for me.
Anime fo lyfe!

#8 User is offline   Inkwell09 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60472

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:57 PM

Try and plan to meet up with some people from the forums. If you can get an approximate time and location and badge names, then things would work out fine. Then at least the people aren't completely random. (shrugs)
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#9 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Welcome! Hope you have fun!
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#10 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

Hello and welcome! I think youo'll have a great time at ACen! :D

#11 User is offline   -JUNK- 

• Forum Hell Raven
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19299

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

Hello Hello
ACen 15"

*~Proud Supporter of the GBLT Community.~*

#12 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:15 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 15 August 2011 - 09:57 PM, said:

Try and plan to meet up with some people from the forums. If you can get an approximate time and location and badge names, then things would work out fine. Then at least the people aren't completely random. (shrugs)

That's 100% true. I'll keep that in mind. :) I know nothing about the con's surroundings having never been to Chicago area before, but maybe that could work one way or another.

This post has been edited by Shiggitay: 16 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Anime fo lyfe!

#13 User is offline   Shiggitay 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

Haha I started another thread introducing myself, with far more detail than my OP in this thread. Check it out.

I had totally forgotten I'd made this mediocre thread. lol
Anime fo lyfe!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users