Registration 2012 FAQ answers to your questions

#31 User is offline   Jessie 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61501

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

View Postever, on 12 February 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Hi Jessie,

We expect the first wave of badges to ship out any day now as we announced in our newsletter. Further, we will be posting the specifics of each wave of badges as they ship on the forums and through other social media.

Since you had ordered your badge in August during Tier1, your badge will be mailed within that first wave. All of our badges are shipped USPS First Class Mail, which according to their website (click here) is "delivery within 3 days in most cases".

If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact a Registration Team member at registration@acen.org

I look forward to seeing you in April!
Melinda Hayden
Registration Department Head

Thank you!!!!!
Dreams Are Only Dreams Because You Refuse To Make Them A Reality.

#32 User is offline   tigger 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59053

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hello, I don't know if this is a stupid question.. but can I buy a day badge at the con for the next day? (Like, buy a Saturday badge on Friday?) and could I buy a day badge at a roadshow? I apologize if these seem like dumb questions, I'm a newbie at this . . . Thank You!
Earth without 'art' is just 'eh'

#33 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 21692

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

View Posttigger, on 16 February 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Hello, I don't know if this is a stupid question.. but can I buy a day badge at the con for the next day? (Like, buy a Saturday badge on Friday?) and could I buy a day badge at a roadshow? I apologize if these seem like dumb questions, I'm a newbie at this . . . Thank You!

Single day badges are only available to purchase at the convention. Friday-only and Saturday-only badges can be purchased the day of or the day before use, however Sunday-only badges can only be purchased on Sunday.
Questions about Registration? Email us at registration@ACen.org

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010
Assistant Department Head of Registration 2011-2014
Department Head of Registration 2015

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#34 User is offline   Leaf 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17255

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

I paid for myself and a friend during Sunday's sale last year, and we included mailing. Will the badges be mailed to our respective houses or to my house? This is an issue since we live in different states.

This post has been edited by Leaf: 23 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

ACen 2015 Cosplay
-Jeremiah Gottwald {Code Geass}
-Kanji Tatsumi {Persona 4}

#35 User is offline   ever 

• Finance Team
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 18990

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

View PostLeaf, on 23 February 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

I paid for myself and a friend during Sunday's sale last year, and we included mailing. Will the badges be mailed to our respective houses or to my house? This is an issue since we live in different states.

Good Morning,

Please contact one of the Registration Team Members at registration@acen.org and they will help sort it it out. Please include full name and email used when registering, for both you and your friend.

Melinda Hayden
... never found an apple I could resist ...

2014-present : MAPS committee staff
2012-2014 : Department Head of Registration
2010-2011 : Assistant Department Head of Registration
2009 : General Registration Staff

#36 User is offline   KolalaKitty 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 7003

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

In the first entry (the FAQ), there is a note about "Instructions for group registration are at the bottom of this FAQ." but looking through the FAQ, all the way to the end even, I don't see anything about instructions for group registration.

I do have some questions about group registration:

Last year I created a group and my friends joined it, but some people registered, paid for their badges and then joined the group after the they had paid. So when I went to pay for outstanding badges, some were paid already and I just paid the remainder.

Will this still be possible this year? Can the members of the group pay separately?

If we all pay separately and then join the group and end up with 10+ members, will we get refunded the discount?

This post has been edited by KolalaKitty: 27 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

#37 User is offline   ever 

• Finance Team
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18990

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

View PostKolalaKitty, on 27 February 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

In the first entry (the FAQ), there is a note about "Instructions for group registration are at the bottom of this FAQ." but looking through the FAQ, all the way to the end even, I don't see anything about instructions for group registration.

I do have some questions about group registration:

Last year I created a group and my friends joined it, but some people registered, paid for their badges and then joined the group after the they had paid. So when I went to pay for outstanding badges, some were paid already and I just paid the remainder.

Will this still be possible this year? Can the members of the group pay separately?

If we all pay separately and then join the group and end up with 10+ members, will we get refunded the discount?

I apologize about that error on the FAQ; thank you for bringing it to my attention. Information on group registration can be found on the Registration Information page of the ACen website. If you still have questions after reviewing it, please contact us at registration@acen.org.

Melinda Hayden

This post has been edited by ever: 27 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

... never found an apple I could resist ...

2014-present : MAPS committee staff
2012-2014 : Department Head of Registration
2010-2011 : Assistant Department Head of Registration
2009 : General Registration Staff

#38 User is offline   DabbleDeDork 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61726

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

I haven't been to ACen in about two years. Last time I went I had pre-registered and went to the pre-registration line. I'm finally able to go again this year and I pre-registered and did not choose the mailing option. When I go to pick up my badge do I go to the pre-reg line or the will call line, or are they just one line, the will call line? I tend to get easily confused sorry. --;

Also, on the registration info page it said the will call lines will open at the hyatt at liberty when the convention center registration closes. Is the liberty a room like where the panels are held? And is that the only place where the will call line or pre-reg will be?

Finally, out of curiosity, why is the will call/pre-reg line open only after the convention center registration closes?
~~*Planned 2013 Cosplay*~~
Octavia from MLP:FiM
Homura Akemi from PMMM
Stocking from PSG

#39 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hi DabbleDeDork,

I have divided your post up so I can answer each question.

View PostDabbleDeDork, on 18 March 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

I haven't been to ACen in about two years. Last time I went I had pre-registered and went to the pre-registration line. I'm finally able to go again this year and I pre-registered and did not choose the mailing option. When I go to pick up my badge do I go to the pre-reg line or the will call line, or are they just one line, the will call line? I tend to get easily confused sorry. --;

If you have paid for your badge online but did not choose mailing, you pick up your badge from Will-Call.

Also, on the registration info page it said the will call lines will open at the hyatt at liberty when the convention center registration closes. Is the liberty a room like where the panels are held?

The Liberty is a room on the second floor of the Hyatt in the Dome area.

And is that the only place where the will call line or pre-reg will be? Finally, out of curiosity, why is the will call/pre-reg line open only after the convention center registration closes?

This actually is not the case. Will-Call is open in the convention center while registration is open. It is after the convention center registration closes that we move will-call to Liberty. Please remember that Liberty Will-Call opens after the Registration Hall closes and is not available before then.

Melanie Gillies
Assistant Dept. Head of Registration

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"

#40 User is offline   LFulmine 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59594

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hello there,

I ordered my badge on the last day it was available to have your badge mailed out to con-goers (March 15th). I got charged with the standard $2 mailing fee and everything so I'm just wondering when those badges would be mailed out? I'm just worried that before I know it, it'll be April 27th and I still wont have a badge.

Thank you for your time.

#41 User is offline   ldychaos 

• Registration
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 19374

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

View PostLFulmine, on 20 March 2012 - 10:50 PM, said:

Hello there,

I ordered my badge on the last day it was available to have your badge mailed out to con-goers (March 15th). I got charged with the standard $2 mailing fee and everything so I'm just wondering when those badges would be mailed out? I'm just worried that before I know it, it'll be April 27th and I still wont have a badge.

Thank you for your time.

View Postever, on 21 March 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

We are most pleased to announce that we have just returned from the USPS Palatine Processing and Distribution Center where we dropped off the rest of Tier3 Badges, all Kits Kids Badges, and all Groups of One Person.

The ONLY thing that we have left to mail are Groups with MORE than One Person in them. We expect to finish them this weekend to be mailed early next week. We are taking a bit more time with them to verify that every group member is included in the shipment. However, please keep in mind that group members added AFTER the group was originally paid for are sent separately from the rest as they are under two different orders.

We ship all badges First-Class Mail via USPS, which according to their website is delivered “within 3 days in most cases”. If you do not receive your badge after one week, please contact the Registration Team at registration@acen.org. They will be more than happy to look into what went wrong and find resolution for you.

Charlene Vazquez
Assistant Department Head of Registration
2009-10: Reg Staff
2011: Reg Supervisor/Reg ADH 2nd
2012: Reg ADH 2nd/Reg ADH

#42 User is offline   MisakiMise 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 32365

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hi, I'm not too familiar with will-call. So, I was wondering if when you're on will call, will you have to wait in line for your badge or is there a separate place just to pick up your badge?
Thank you!
ACen 2014 ideas
?????

deviantART|Flickr

#43 User is offline   ☆ MV 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 21362

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:53 AM

Hello! :D

My brother pre-registered for his badge but he wanted to know if there's any difference between the badges if you pick them up at will-call as opposed to having them mailed?
ACen 2014
--- Bilbo Baggins(The Hobbit|)-100%

(Sorry this list changes a lot, I'm really indecisive :()
facebook livejournal tumblr

#44 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostMisakiMise, on 25 March 2012 - 08:24 PM, said:

Hi, I'm not too familiar with will-call. So, I was wondering if when you're on will call, will you have to wait in line for your badge or is there a separate place just to pick up your badge?
Thank you!

Hi MisakiMise,

In the registration hall we have 2 separate lines: one for attendees who need to pay for their badges and a will call line where attendees just need to pick up their badge. To pick up your Will Call badge you do need to show a photo ID if you are 16 years of age or older.

Melanie Gillies

This post has been edited by wolfedragon: 26 March 2012 - 08:38 PM

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

#45 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

View Post☆ MV, on 26 March 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

Hello! :D

My brother pre-registered for his badge but he wanted to know if there's any difference between the badges if you pick them up at will-call as opposed to having them mailed?

Hi ☆ MV,

The design/material of the badges may be different depending on if you had your badge mailed or if it is being picked up from will call, but otherwise the badges are the same. If I'm interpreting what you are asking wrong, please let me know.

Melanie Gillies

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

#46 User is offline   ☆ MV 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 21362

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

View Postwolfedragon, on 26 March 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

Hi ☆ MV,

The design/material of the badges may be different depending on if you had your badge mailed or if it is being picked up from will call, but otherwise the badges are the same. If I'm interpreting what you are asking wrong, please let me know.

Melanie Gillies

Thank you, that answers my question perfectly. :)
ACen 2014
--- Bilbo Baggins(The Hobbit|)-100%

(Sorry this list changes a lot, I'm really indecisive :()
facebook livejournal tumblr

#47 User is offline   MisakiMise 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

View Postwolfedragon, on 26 March 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Hi MisakiMise,

In the registration hall we have 2 separate lines: one for attendees who need to pay for their badges and a will call line where attendees just need to pick up their badge. To pick up your Will Call badge you do need to show a photo ID if you are 16 years of age or older.

Melanie Gillies

okay, thank you. if my mom is paying for it with her credit card, will she need to be there to pick it up? or could I still pick it up?
ACen 2014 ideas
?????

deviantART|Flickr

#48 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostMisakiMise, on 02 April 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

okay, thank you. if my mom is paying for it with her credit card, will she need to be there to pick it up? or could I still pick it up?

Hi MisakiMise,

Your mom would not need to be there to pick up the badge. All you would need to pick up your badge is a photo ID. Just remember to make sure that your account in our registration system has your information in it (name, birthday, etc), and not the information of the person paying.

Melanie Gillies

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

#49 User is offline   poppinrocks 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12463

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Also, regarding will-call.
They will also be available for pick up on Thursday, correct?
Thanks for your time.

#50 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

View Postpoppinrocks, on 03 April 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Also, regarding will-call.
They will also be available for pick up on Thursday, correct?
Thanks for your time.

Hi poppinrocks,

Yes, you can pick up a Will Call badges on Thursday. Our at-convention hours of operation are posted on the following link http://www.acen.org/...istration-info. We do suggest coming at least 1 hour after we open since the line wraps around the block even before we open the doors.

Melanie Gillies

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

#51 User is offline   MisakiMise 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

View Postwolfedragon, on 03 April 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Hi MisakiMise,

Your mom would not need to be there to pick up the badge. All you would need to pick up your badge is a photo ID. Just remember to make sure that your account in our registration system has your information in it (name, birthday, etc), and not the information of the person paying.

Melanie Gillies

okay, awesome.
and thank you so much for all your help!
ACen 2014 ideas
?????

deviantART|Flickr

#52 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

As a way to reduce line size, and I have suggested this before about reducing line sizes.

Can ppl that have their badge from mailing, come down and get their lanyards and schedules before 4pm without having to wait in line? Or will they have to wait in the Will Call Line?

#53 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

View PostMaze, on 03 April 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

As a way to reduce line size, and I have suggested this before about reducing line sizes.

Can ppl that have their badge from mailing, come down and get their lanyards and schedules before 4pm without having to wait in line? Or will they have to wait in the Will Call Line?

I don't know about the rules for this year but I've never waited in line to get a lanyard. Staff pointed me to the table and I just grabbed one.
All systems... GO!

#54 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Theres a lanyard table and a program book table, they are not in the line for badges :thumbup:

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#55 User is offline   troxy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61876

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hi there, just to make sure. On Thursday is registration only open for will call, or can you also purchase Friday only badges during that time as well?

#56 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

View Posttroxy, on 13 April 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Hi there, just to make sure. On Thursday is registration only open for will call, or can you also purchase Friday only badges during that time as well?

Hi troxy,

On Thursday you can purchase badges for Friday-only. Friday-only badges are available on Thursday and on Friday, Saturday-only badges are available on Friday after 4pm and on Saturday, and Sunday badges are only available on Sunday.

Melanie Gillies

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

#57 User is offline   Deathysaurus Rex 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61815

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

For the will-call badges, do I need to wait in line with the other people or can I just go straight to the cashier to pick up my badge

#58 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostDeathysaurus Rex, on 15 April 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

For the will-call badges, do I need to wait in line with the other people or can I just go straight to the cashier to pick up my badge

Hi Deathysaurus Rex,

There is a Will Call line separate from the normal registration line. On Thursday the lines will be separated by IRT with one line going north and one line going south(more information can be found here). On the other days the lines will go the same direction.

Melanie Gillies

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

#59 User is offline   Khadi_M 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61994

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Hi. This year will be my first time at Acen but unfortunately, I didn't know anything until the last minute so I had a question about the Will-Calls.

So, I wanted to attend on Saturday but buy my badge early but unfortunately, I have school and can't get to the badge place early enough so I saw the schedule and times for the hotels and Will-Calls so is there any way for me to reserve my badge on a day earlier than Thursday?

#60 User is offline   wolfedragon 

• Registration DH
  • PipPip

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:55 AM

View PostKhadi_M, on 18 April 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Hi. This year will be my first time at Acen but unfortunately, I didn't know anything until the last minute so I had a question about the Will-Calls.

So, I wanted to attend on Saturday but buy my badge early but unfortunately, I have school and can't get to the badge place early enough so I saw the schedule and times for the hotels and Will-Calls so is there any way for me to reserve my badge on a day earlier than Thursday?

Hi Khadi_M,

Unfortunately single day badges are only available at the convention. Saturday-only badges are only available on Friday after 4pm or on Saturday and cannot be purchased earlier.

Melanie Gillies

Attendee 2008-2009
Registration Staff 2010

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users