• This topic is locked

Question regarding Hyatt

#1 User is offline   Falling_Demon 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 16834

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

I noticed that the announcement about the Hyatt block opening says, "A web reservation link will be made available after the block opening date." However, I have yet to see any kind of web reservation link posted. Did I miss it or has it not been posted yet?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it!
ACen 2012: Tsubaki (Soul Eater)

#2 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59774

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:06 AM

woo sites back up, they might have posted something now, it was down yesterday

This post has been edited by eat_me_for_I_am_peeps: 10 August 2011 - 08:15 AM

Need some Rave Gear? I got you! http://kittyandquinn.../kittysravegear

#3 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

I believe the link may still be a work in progress at this moment, since it is not up yet. That being said, you can also place your reservation individually through the Hotel’s Reservation Department by calling their phone numbers listed on our website. Just make sure you let them know you are intending on attending the Anime Central Convention being held in April 17-29, 2012. Posted Image
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#4 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

anyone know how much a suite is? it would be nice if they at least posted that lol

#5 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:44 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on 10 August 2011 - 09:53 AM, said:

I believe the link may still be a work in progress at this moment, since it is not up yet. That being said, you can also place your reservation individually through the Hotel’s Reservation Department by calling their phone numbers listed on our website. Just make sure you let them know you are intending on attending the Anime Central Convention being held in April 17-29, 2012. Posted Image

Nice to see Acen going to a 13 day con. :P Mistype ftw! :P

I'm actually curious about rates too. When I reserved, they quoted me $169 a night and not the $175 as listed on the ACEN website.

This post has been edited by Maze: 10 August 2011 - 12:45 PM

#6 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

View PostMaze, on 10 August 2011 - 12:44 PM, said:

I'm actually curious about rates too. When I reserved, they quoted me $169 a night and not the $175 as listed on the ACEN website.

Everyone is being charged 169 dollars a night from the room block at the Hyatt. I have no idea why it says 175 dollars on the website >.< there seems to be some sort of discrepancy. With taxes it comes out to 190+ dollars more or less.

For the suites, I think those are sold out now :( you have to double check.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 10 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#7 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

View PostMaze, on 10 August 2011 - 12:44 PM, said:

I don't know why there would be that discrepancy in the quoted vs advertised price, but it looks like the hotel is letting you save six dollars a night. Posted Image
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, & 14
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#8 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hey, I'll take a $18 savings for the weekend. That buys a Giordano's Pizza for Thursday Night!

#9 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

i got my first room in the hyatt for 2012, best place for the 15th year.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#10 User is offline   Evangelion_Unit_01 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 26693

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 17 August 2011 - 11:43 PM, said:

i got my first room in the hyatt for 2012, best place for the 15th year.

i wish they would add a "like" button
Cosplay Building Begins For 2015!
ACen 2015 Cosplay's
-Kirito (Sword Art Online) 10% Complete
-Toshiro Hitsugaya (Bleach) 100% Complete
-Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect 3 Version) 0% Complete

#11 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

View PostEvangelion_Unit_01, on 17 August 2011 - 11:45 PM, said:

i wish they would add a "like" button

thanks, i am also staying thursday night so if i work overnight wendsday i just go to bed at 9PM and wakeup at 2, get my things and call a cab, head over at 3, and then hang out with the forum crew, i hope with the con being in apral the AP guys can make it, it was a blast with them last year. and with my new job, i can get some idea of what kind of kick butt drink to bring next year, too bad i can afford this $250,000 bottle of sotch we have at work.

EDIT: question, is the room in the hyatt have a fridge that is not filled with $12 cans of beer?

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 18 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#12 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:31 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 18 August 2011 - 12:12 AM, said:

thanks, i am also staying thursday night so if i work overnight wendsday i just go to bed at 9PM and wakeup at 2, get my things and call a cab, head over at 3, and then hang out with the forum crew, i hope with the con being in apral the AP guys can make it, it was a blast with them last year. and with my new job, i can get some idea of what kind of kick butt drink to bring next year, too bad i can afford this $250,000 bottle of sotch we have at work.

EDIT: question, is the room in the hyatt have a fridge that is not filled with $12 cans of beer?

I just pretty much avoid the Hyatt fridges altogether and bring a styrofoam cooler.

#13 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:36 AM

any links for the hyatt yet? that would be nice

#14 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

View Posteat_me_for_I_am_peeps, on 18 August 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

any links for the hyatt yet? that would be nice

I know it's not a web link, but this was posted on our site a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it'll help.
"All reservations must be made individually through the Hotel’s Reservation Department by calling (847) 696-1234 or (800) 233-1234."
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#15 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

I really wish someone would get on making a link for the Hyatt rooms, that would be great

#16 User is offline   Rukariou 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59353

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:32 PM

View Posteat_me_for_I_am_peeps, on 21 August 2011 - 03:35 PM, said:

I really wish someone would get on making a link for the Hyatt rooms, that would be great

Do you not have a phone? It's not that hard to call them. Hell I think it's easier to book on the phone.
2012 cosplays; Katherine McBride [ Catherine ] | Rachel Alucard [ Blazblue ]
2012 CONS; Anime Detour | Anime Central | Otakon
Currently watching; . . . | Currently playing; Catherine
PSN ID: Rukariou - hit me up if you wanna play some Little Big Planet or kick my butt at Blazblue!

"In the name of the big white thingy in the sky, Tao will punish you!" - Taokaka, Blazblue Continuum Shift

#17 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:56 PM

View PostRukariou, on 21 August 2011 - 04:32 PM, said:

Do you not have a phone? It's not that hard to call them. Hell I think it's easier to book on the phone.

See, but someone is booking it for us, and he dosn't want to call, and I would hate to make him do something he dosn't want to do, also since he's being so kind as to book the rooms for us, I figured that was the least I could do is let him do it online.

#18 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

View Posteat_me_for_I_am_peeps, on 21 August 2011 - 05:56 PM, said:

See, but someone is booking it for us, and he dosn't want to call, and I would hate to make him do something he dosn't want to do, also since he's being so kind as to book the rooms for us, I figured that was the least I could do is let him do it online.

Tell your friend go to: www.chicagoregency.hyatt.com/ and look for Rosemount IL, and remember to put Anime midwest in promotions if they have it. The final room rate should be around 190 with taxes if they do it right. I don't have a direct link sorry.

I'm not 100% sure how to do it online, because computers can mess up and at least with a human you can record for your records so I almost always call for hotel reservations.

Hope this helps.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 21 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#19 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 21 August 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

Tell your friend go to: www.chicagoregency.hyatt.com/ and look for Rosemount IL, and remember to put Anime midwest in promotions if they have it. The final room rate should be around 190 with taxes if they do it right. I don't have a direct link sorry.

I'm not 100% sure how to do it online, because computers can mess up and at least with a human you can record for your records so I almost always call for hotel reservations.

Hope this helps.

so um I love you so much XD thank you! Very helpful :3

#20 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:52 AM

View Posteat_me_for_I_am_peeps, on 21 August 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

so um I love you so much XD thank you! Very helpful :3

*Coughs awkwardly* Np.

This year the did have a direct link to the promotional section for the Hyatt and other hotels, but since I'm stuck on a game system I can't find it. (It random freezes on the net from flash and java lol.)

If you still have problems getting the promotion discount mention it here so I can search for it. I'm hoping to get a new laptop by this weekend.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#21 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

sorry but no one has given me anything useful up till now so i got excited XD sorry!

#22 User is offline   MeliTza 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60320

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

Hey, I actually have a question about hotels, not specifically the Hyatt... My crew kind of wanted to avoid the Hyatt this year if possible because of all the elevator hassle, among other reasons... So we were considering the Embassy or Doubletree, since we still want to be in-the-thick-of-it...

However, when I called the Embassy, they said they can't book that far out yet, nor do they know the rates, and won't until it's 6-months-til...

So I'm in a catch-22 here. I'd book at the Hyatt NOW if the Embassy is going to be much more expensive... But I don't want to wait for the Embassy, then have no rooms left at the Hyatt by the time I find out.

Does anyone know if the Embassy or Doubletree have price matched for Hyatt ACen con rates in the past??

Edit: Meh, I read that all the panel programming is in the Hyatt this year... so if the programming isn't going to be spaced out all over the place, then I suppose I'll just suck it up and book a room at the Hyatt. It'd be nice to know this info for future reference though...

This post has been edited by MeliTza: 22 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

Hellsing: Behind the Blood
Hellsing Hentai After Dark
How to Con, Corral & Convert your friends into a Steampunk Crew
Anime Captions Against Humanity

#23 User is offline   eat_me_for_I_am_peeps 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:30 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 22 August 2011 - 06:52 AM, said:

*Coughs awkwardly* Np.

This year the did have a direct link to the promotional section for the Hyatt and other hotels, but since I'm stuck on a game system I can't find it. (It random freezes on the net from flash and java lol.)

If you still have problems getting the promotion discount mention it here so I can search for it. I'm hoping to get a new laptop by this weekend.

yaaaaa it dosn't seem to be working :/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users