Anime Central Forums: SoapBubble 2012 info and suggestion thread - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SoapBubble 2012 info and suggestion thread lastest info on DJ's and the party in general

#31 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

All DJ's have been chosen for next year. if anything changes i will let you know. thanks everyone for showing interest.

Special Guest DJ announcement at the beginning of the year.

DJ line up for Soapbubble 2012

Returning Resident DJ's
DJ Maru
DJ Scottaconda
DJ Mark Jandes
DJ Khek

New DJ's for next year
DJ Society
DJ Jeffery Parra

Also please visit our new Soapbubble page on face book for more of the latest info and free music downloads from all our resident DJ's and just awesome music in general http://www.facebook.com/acensoapbubble

This post has been edited by saiyajinimport: 22 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

Allen Castillo

#32 User is offline   Nami-rin 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 19720

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

Yeah...sooooo...MY BODY IS READY @0@ lol
2013 cosplays:

- maid cosplay 100% done
- Tera Oline Elin Priest
- female Garterbelt (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) 99% done

#33 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:35 PM

http://www.facebook....48548811880784/

i created a facebook invite page for the soapbubble please visit the link and add yourself and anyone you know that would be interested in goin to the soapbubble.
Allen Castillo

#34 User is offline   deadmau5 fan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61468

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

I've been going to ACEN since 05' and always attend the soapbubble every year. Each year seems better than the last, but I WILL NOT attend the soapbubble this year. Why you might ask? A factor of reasons. One of the reasons I was so excited to go to 2011 was because of just two acts: Amaya and Jeffito.
Why you guys didn't bring either of them back this year is just poor planning on your end. I don't know Amaya's story. I still enjoy his music and I'm sure he has bigger and better things to worry about. I think he's from California so Acen is probably small potatoes to him. I'm a fan of both of them on Facebook and although I don't know either of them personally, there's no excuse as to why either of them aren't back.
I understand Jeffito might have said some things either on this forum or on his fan page. At least that's what I gathered from what he posted on his page. But he did say one thing (before he deleted it) that really peeved me and a few of my friend off. Where is the proof? From what I understand, you guys just got rid of him. I met him on the Sunday afterwards when he was djing near the gameroom and handing out demo cds. He was very polite, very nice and seemed enthusiastic about what he's doing. He didn't seem like any of it was for popularity or for show. He even told me to come next year (being 2012) for an even better show and I have DJ friends. So you have to understand how promotion works. He constantly promoted the soap bubble all year long and you guys just give him the boot. For whatever reason.
I know the soapbubble will be filled no matter what, but the heart, the reason I go, is gone. I don't just speak for myself, I speak for a lot of my friends and for our anime club. As vice president, many of us agreed not to attend the soap bubble but will be first in line for hardcore synergy. I hope they bring Amaya and Jeffito.
Both Amaya and Jeffito are professional and actually enjoy what they do, regardless of exposure. Granted one of them (not to name names) might act like a kid once in a while. But this is an anime convention. Not a job fair.

Also, it's stupid things like this that make me rethink how idiotic the soap bubble has become.
http://www.facebook....50641297450185/
Why would you guys bring in such an amateur and unprofessional DJ to replace him? That's just disrespectful. I don't know what Acen has become (in terms of the musical talent you choose to bring) but it's shameful and a waste of good talent (not to bring back either).
If you're going to bring in DJs based on Facebook polls, I suggest to you saiyajinimport to look at this one.
http://www.facebook....51195768055307/
He has my support.

-Mandi

This post has been edited by deadmau5 fan: 06 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

#35 User is offline   RiotCtrlKuma 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60298

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Postdeadmau5 fan, on 06 February 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

I've been going to ACEN since 05' and always attend the soapbubble every year. Each year seems better than the last, but I WILL NOT attend the soapbubble this year. Why you might ask? A factor of reasons. One of the reasons I was so excited to go to 2011 was because of just two acts: Amaya and Jeffito.
Why you guys didn't bring either of them back this year is just poor planning on your end. I don't know Amaya's story. I still enjoy his music and I'm sure he has bigger and better things to worry about. I think he's from California so Acen is probably small potatoes to him. I'm a fan of both of them on Facebook and although I don't know either of them personally, there's no excuse as to why either of them aren't back.
I understand Jeffito might have said some things either on this forum or on his fan page. At least that's what I gathered from what he posted on his page. But he did say one thing (before he deleted it) that really peeved me and a few of my friend off. Where is the proof? From what I understand, you guys just got rid of him. I met him on the Sunday afterwards when he was djing near the gameroom and handing out demo cds. He was very polite, very nice and seemed enthusiastic about what he's doing. He didn't seem like any of it was for popularity or for show. He even told me to come next year (being 2012) for an even better show and I have DJ friends. So you have to understand how promotion works. He constantly promoted the soap bubble all year long and you guys just give him the boot. For whatever reason.
I know the soapbubble will be filled no matter what, but the heart, the reason I go, is gone. I don't just speak for myself, I speak for a lot of my friends and for our anime club. As vice president, many of us agreed not to attend the soap bubble but will be first in line for hardcore synergy. I hope they bring Amaya and Jeffito.
Both Amaya and Jeffito are professional and actually enjoy what they do, regardless of exposure. Granted one of them (not to name names) might act like a kid once in a while. But this is an anime convention. Not a job fair.

Also, it's stupid things like this that make me rethink how idiotic the soap bubble has become.
http://www.facebook....50641297450185/
Why would you guys bring in such an amateur and unprofessional DJ to replace him? That's just disrespectful. I don't know what Acen has become (in terms of the musical talent you choose to bring) but it's shameful and a waste of good talent (not to bring back either).
If you're going to bring in DJs based on Facebook polls, I suggest to you saiyajinimport to look at this one.
http://www.facebook....51195768055307/
He has my support.

-Mandi

While I agree 10000000% with what you posted, the person who you linked to on the Facebook page will not be spinning at ACEN. He's just promoting his music in the hopes of doing so in the future.

BRING BACK JEFF!!!! D:<

Edit: Throwing another DJ under the bus completely ruins your post. I personally enjoy his music.

This post has been edited by RiotCtrlKuma: 06 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

#36 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18292

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Amaya isn't a resident DJ, we were really lucky to have him in the past. With guest Djs, we get who we get .

Though I'm not a fan of Heavy Grinder, I know a lot of people are and I'm happy with the dance staff for bringing in great talent every year. ( though I think the gogo dancers were a bit much last year. I'm friends with one of them actually but it was just ... not sure if tacky is the word for it ) .

Flyer looks great. Not a fan of the colors , they don't really scream dance, but very pretty as usual.
I have a Bookface I have a Bird Sound my snark level is over 9000 : ]
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Compa- hyperdimension nep nep
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#37 User is offline   vika838 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 58943

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

Wait, so why no DJ Amaya? Is he just unavailable, or was this a decision not to bring him back? Honestly, I enjoyed his music the most out of any of the DJ's because he seemed to incorporate more actual anime elements into his music than any other DJ. Being able to have that anime tie-in is important, otherwise Soapbubble turns into just another rave (which is what I thought ACEN was trying to get away from for a variety of reasons--see damage threads.) If he isn't spinning, and there's no one similar there, I won't be attending, which is a shame because I love Soapbubble! But I need more than just a beat to want to brave the lines, and being able to dance to music that had anime theme music in it is what made DJ Amaya's playing unique compared to the other DJ's. If he really isn't coming because we didn't ask him back I hope we had an EXTREMELY good reason.
Love and Peace!

Vika!

#38 User is offline   vika838 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 58943

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

Oh, and who was the special guest dj announcement mentioned in the first post? I seemed to have missed this...
Love and Peace!

Vika!

#39 User is offline   Eneishi 

• TTG Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 61339

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

Who cares as long as someone good plays? lmao

#40 User is offline   DJBlackSpace 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 60925

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

This message is entirely directed at deadmau5 fan, but anyone can feel free to respond. Dear Anonymous person who made an account and made their only post just before I was answered as to whether or not I'd be playing ACen, no. I'm not stupid. I highly question your authenticity, especially when all your post was, was a long brown-nosing dialogue about Jeffito and then suddenly switching gears to attack me, who never wronged you. And then to state how everyone involved is so "idiotic" and should be "ashamed" for even considering letting a new guy play. Obviously (if you're a REAL person) you've never listened to my music, and have no right to call me "amateur and unprofessional". If you're a fake profile, then YOU should be ashamed for your over-the-top mudslinging. Regardless, whatever and whoever you are, your campaign to "bring back Jeffito" was doomed to failure from the get go, at least according to my knowledge. But who knows who you are in reality. You could be a higher up. You could be who you say you are. You could be anybody and nobody at the same time. Gotta love being Anonymous, huh? But it doesn't matter. You got your wish. Or at least half of it. My friend and I who were hoping to do that tag team set at ACen 2012? Not happening. But last I heard, Jeffito still isn't DJing. (Note: as much as it sounds like it. I'm not targetting Jeff here or trying to put him down.) Maybe next year we'll be back. Maybe. Thank you for probably being the reason that I didn't get to do something fun in April, whoever you are.

This post has been edited by DJBlackSpace: 07 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

#41 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

View Postvika838, on 07 February 2012 - 03:46 AM, said:

Wait, so why no DJ Amaya? Is he just unavailable, or was this a decision not to bring him back? Honestly, I enjoyed his music the most out of any of the DJ's because he seemed to incorporate more actual anime elements into his music than any other DJ. Being able to have that anime tie-in is important, otherwise Soapbubble turns into just another rave (which is what I thought ACEN was trying to get away from for a variety of reasons--see damage threads.) If he isn't spinning, and there's no one similar there, I won't be attending, which is a shame because I love Soapbubble! But I need more than just a beat to want to brave the lines, and being able to dance to music that had anime theme music in it is what made DJ Amaya's playing unique compared to the other DJ's. If he really isn't coming because we didn't ask him back I hope we had an EXTREMELY good reason.

Amaya was a guest. Guests come and go. Now I think you would be more interested in the Hardcore, the guys spinning there always have tracks with some anime themes and dialogues, jpop, and kpop. Look up some stuff by DJ Sharpnel to get a gist but one of the overseas regulars, M-project, does some amazing stuff. The Hardcore ( or as it were "the Underground Groove" back in the day) is on friday night and the location isn't always the same place. It has a much smaller feel to it really. I prefer it. Less club-like, more" hidden in a wall" goodness.

I do have a question for saiyajinimport
Last year I noticed the dancers promoting the soap bubble by giving out suckers and such. But why does it even need promotion? Every year has a huuuuuugggggeee line and a very very large turn out. I'm not sure if you are still organizing the hardcore like in years past but I feel like the friday dance needs more promotion than the soapbubble. ( though if I had it my way I'd never want another soul to know about it >_> < _ < )

This post has been edited by linlindesu: 07 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#42 User is offline   RiotCtrlKuma 

• Pip

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostDJBlackSpace, on 07 February 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

This message is entirely directed at deadmau5 fan, but anyone can feel free to respond. Dear Anonymous person who made an account and made their only post just before I was answered as to whether or not I'd be playing ACen, no. I'm not stupid. I highly question your authenticity, especially when all your post was, was a long brown-nosing dialogue about Jeffito and then suddenly switching gears to attack me, who never wronged you. And then to state how everyone involved is so "idiotic" and should be "ashamed" for even considering letting a new guy play. Obviously (if you're a REAL person) you've never listened to my music, and have no right to call me "amateur and unprofessional". If you're a fake profile, then YOU should be ashamed for your over-the-top mudslinging. Regardless, whatever and whoever you are, your campaign to "bring back Jeffito" was doomed to failure from the get go, at least according to my knowledge. But who knows who you are in reality. You could be a higher up. You could be who you say you are. You could be anybody and nobody at the same time. Gotta love being Anonymous, huh? But it doesn't matter. You got your wish. Or at least half of it. My friend and I who were hoping to do that tag team set at ACen 2012? Not happening. But last I heard, Jeffito still isn't DJing. (Note: as much as it sounds like it. I'm not targetting Jeff here or trying to put him down.) Maybe next year we'll be back. Maybe. Thank you for probably being the reason that I didn't get to do something fun in April, whoever you are.

Haters gonna hate, bro. You do good work. And I doubt this single post had anything to do with ACEN's decision to bring you on board for Soap Bubble. Besides, aren't you and Jeff doing Anime Milwaukee?

#43 User is offline   DJ Jeffito 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5555

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Yes, he and I will be playing at Anime Milwaukee, this Saturday, along with Bad Corey, DJ Maru, DJ Shaun Sin, and if we have extra time, guest DJs. It's going to be a fun party! =D
Facebook Page | SoundCloud | Anime Convention DJs Facebook Group | WeebCast

Dance Coordinator
: Anime Apocalypse 2013; Anime Crossroads 2015; Anime Milwaukee 2012, 2014, 2015; Anime World Chicago 2011, 2012; Anime World Indianapolis 2012; Kollision Con 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013; Shuto Con 2014
Game Room Staff: Anime Central 2002, 2003; Anime Milwaukee 2013
Misc Staff: Anime Reactor 2003, 2006, 2007
Guest DJ: 30+ conventions, including Anime Central, Anime Expo, and Sakura-Con (Full list on my Facebook page)

#44 User is offline   RiotCtrlKuma 

• Pip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:30 AM

View Postlinlindesu, on 07 February 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

Amaya was a guest. Guests come and go. Now I think you would be more interested in the Hardcore, the guys spinning there always have tracks with some anime themes and dialogues, jpop, and kpop. Look up some stuff by DJ Sharpnel to get a gist but one of the overseas regulars, M-project, does some amazing stuff. The Hardcore ( or as it were "the Underground Groove" back in the day) is on friday night and the location isn't always the same place. It has a much smaller feel to it really. I prefer it. Less club-like, more" hidden in a wall" goodness.

I do have a question for saiyajinimport
Last year I noticed the dancers promoting the soap bubble by giving out suckers and such. But why does it even need promotion? Every year has a huuuuuugggggeee line and a very very large turn out. I'm not sure if you are still organizing the hardcore like in years past but I feel like the friday dance needs more promotion than the soapbubble. ( though if I had it my way I'd never want another soul to know about it >_> < _ < )

I agree 100% with you. 2 years ago, Hardcore Synergy was waaaay better than Soap Bubble (imo), and it had a smaller crowd. Last year, the line was ridiculous and I couldn't even get in. I'd personally love for the stereotypical Rave Kiddies to stick to Soap Bubble so I can actually have fun on Friday nights. :P

#45 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

Special guest DJ announcement coming very soon!
Allen Castillo

#46 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Allen Castillo

#47 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Eh drama much, but on a side note, I would love to see Bryan Jones, or the killer from the southside dj Slugo, heavy grinder sounds good did not get to hear her play though had to leave early that year. or dj Ghant Garrend would be nice, for the true genuine chicago ghetto house flavor.

just my 2 cents, or how about that voice actor cat that djs, was it one of the Ayers Brothers.

#48 User is offline   The Commodore 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 18210

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Glad to see Heavygrinder back this year! She spun at my first ACen and the time I spent at the Soap Bubble that year was one of the things that sold me on ACen even after all the bad crap that happened that weekend.

Too bad Amaya won't be back this year though. ): I loved hearing hearing K-Pop and J-Pop remixes.

This post has been edited by The Commodore: 05 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

- TEAM 2L2Q -
ACEN 2011: The Last Judgement

#49 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on 26 February 2012 - 02:08 PM, said:

Posted Image

What? A New DJ for me to hear? I am so going to line up early to hear this. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#50 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image

The final soapbubble poster/flyer.
Allen Castillo

#51 User is offline   Jessie Dean 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 52542

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

Just stopping in to say that they have accepted my offer to teach an object maniulation workshop. So if you want to learn to use those light sticks, light swords, light staves and other such toys better we would love to see you :)

Examples of what can be taught.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxgeQSY-XNw&list=UUFjhrf8Ab8ajCsOmdHOU-2A&index=10&feature=plcp[/media]

link to ask information on this workshop!
http://www.acen.org/...49#entry1057349
Jessie

Life is a Celebration. Dance is how you celebrate.

http://www.facebook....sie?ref=profile
http://www.youtube.c...ie?feature=mhw4

#52 User is offline   vash204 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 18744

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

I am sad that DJ Jeffito is not going to play this year. He always had some of the best mixes i have never hear in the soup bubble, and usually in the soup bubble from star to finish. I just don't think it will be the same with out the him there. yes the other Dj's are good and awesome don't get me wrong. But all will i still go to the soup bubble to hear the Dj's do there thing.
LOVE AND PEACE

I had a great year with you all

Upcoming convention I am going to or try to go to:

Ohayocon

#53 User is offline   deadmau5 fan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 61468

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

View Postvash204, on 06 March 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I am sad that DJ Jeffito is not going to play this year. He always had some of the best mixes i have never hear in the soup bubble, and usually in the soup bubble from star to finish. I just don't think it will be the same with out the him there. yes the other Dj's are good and awesome don't get me wrong. But all will i still go to the soup bubble to hear the Dj's do there thing.

Agreed. I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff not too long ago since we go to school in the same area. Even though he isn't playing, he still told me to attend and handed me a demo and his business card. Unless he or Amaya magically show up on the roster, I'm still not going to attend.

This post has been edited by deadmau5 fan: 07 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

#54 User is offline   Perfumer Ko 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 59547

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

I'm really bummed about Amaya personally. :< I know he was a guest dj and all but... IDK, he was the only one who played anything anime related iirc, and while I know the Soap Bubble is slowly becoming more and more segmented from the con... Eh. I just want more Japanese music I guess. That being said, I'm glad kors k will be there. I've never really listened to Heavy Grinder, so I'll reserve judgement. :P

And... I'm also kinda miffed about Jeffito not being there. I dunno, he's a nice enough guy and he really cares about what he does. You can definitely get that vibe from him whenever he talks about music/SB. Why did he get taken off??

#55 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

View PostPerfumer Ko, on 06 March 2012 - 11:30 PM, said:

Why did he get taken off??

Not for or against the guy but he was running his mouth off in an unprofessional way. You don't go to work and insult your clients. People are wondering why what he said on the forums influenced him not begin invited back but I'm sure no one would say what he said at their places of employment.
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#56 User is offline   Dr.TZ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 28119

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

Hi! Yes, I have been deeply attached to the nighttime dances held at Anime Central since 2008. Every year since then, I feel less enthused with the vibe. :/

For me here are some things that made the SoapBubble worth getting ready for all year:
JPOP remixes, Happy Hardcore, DDR and Beatmania songs,familiar remixes of opening and ending theme music related to anime/video games, HEAVYGRINDER, those boxes and things you could climb up on to dance, and making friends in the line.

Now here are some things that really turned me off in recent years, especially last year:
big white boys onstage tryina MC, generic club music, American pop songs, less of all the things I like, and I love go go dancers but I would like to see them in cosplay or something moe themed.

I guess what really gets me is that this is the biggest midwest ANIME/manga/video game/general geekery convention and the dance party should celebrate that. If you wana listen to Skrillex and general dubstep and the stuff they play at actual raves....(and I know so many of you do...) that's cool; but I don't want the SoapBubble to turn into that. It attracts a lot of bad vibes and kids on drugs and strangers looking for drugs (srsly a few random people off the street were wandering around the Hyatt looking for pills cuz they heard there was a rave)

Can we get some PERFUME up in here please?
Oh, and get the DJ's from Decadance Bar in Japan to come out.

and I don't know what Jeffito did to piss you off so much but his enthusiasm will be sorely missed.
:U

#57 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostDr.TZ, on 07 March 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

I love go go dancers but I would like to see them in cosplay or something moe themed.

and I don't know what Jeffito did to piss you off so much but his enthusiasm will be sorely missed.

...am I the only one bothered by the gogo dancers?

read first page of thread and look up any posts from around that time frame.
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#58 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

^ ...am I the only one bothered by our dances advert looking two naked dancer girls getting their bump n grind on? While I know some people are gonna be /drool and others ambivalent towards it, really? Really?

(*While I have nothing against nakedness, yaoi/yuri, or people getting their dance/"dance" on, there is such a thing as time and place, and an appropriateness factor....*)

First off, it certainly doesn't send a particularly family-friendly image (if their parents saw this, I know a few people just off the top of my head who'd not be allowed to come to ACen), and secondly, we already see that in real life practically all con post 3-4pm - do we really have to encourage more of it (the groups in stilettos, thongs and way-undersized bikinis/nipple pasties really can't lose much more clothes - don't give them ideas!! My dad and bro almost car crashed watching them instead of the road last year, and a few other dudes too! ><;)?

....Have we really resorted to "sex sells" for our flyers? :/

View Postsaiyajinimport, on 05 March 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

The final soapbubble poster/flyer.

On an unrelated #grammarnazi note, you guys misspelled DJs. There is no grammatical reason for that apostrophe there. O'hare, on the other hand, is missing its apostrophe (and debatably ought have a capitalized H). :/
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

#59 User is offline   linlindesu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:24 AM

it isn't anything new. the flyers always tend to be a little adult : /
2014 Cosplay (mayhaps?)
Heather- Silent hill 3
Poison Ivy- Batman

#60 User is offline   chainedbyroses 

• Special Needs Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11017

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:47 AM

The others haven't been quite so bad (none that I can recall, at least), and certainly none of the previews hinted at that. We hear "family con" "family con" "faaamiiiiilyyy cooooooon" over so much, and then, to go have this as an official advert... Well, that kind kills the point of "family con" right there. (So much for wholesome and kid-friendly...) Yeah, it's for an after 9pm event, so "kiddie time" is (supposed to be) over, but ya can't really say we're gonna be preventing kids and -18s from seeing this (we don't advertise the hentai panels/viewings with partially censored images....). We're either a "family-friendly" con, or we're a "sex sells" con. You can't really go waving both flags at the same time, unless you're doing some funky maternity push thing (though I thought we were advocating /against/ making con babies this year, at least unofficially lol). I know it's futile, but..........le sigh.

On top of that, the amount of body on those two is a bunch of prime space for showing of dance party attire -- there's a lot of space for clever and cool outfits! So many different brilliant looks could be put in there... But nope, they're nekkid. (Wasted opportunity, I tell ya.) :<
Special Needs/ADA Staff 2014 | Thurs-Sun @ DESCC Registration Hall
• 2014 cosplay • || Marvel/Cap2: Natasha (hoodie, jacket) || Supernatural: Meg 2.0; Dean

""Why is 6 afraid of 7?" .....Well, I would suppose it's because 7 is a prime number, and prime numbers can be intimidating..." - Castiel

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users