• You cannot reply to this topic

Need help hunting Looking for a specific anime

#1 User is offline   Sir Gibby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 26318

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

Howdy fellow ACen goers! Need a little help here. A friend of mine called me the other day and said that her and her husband were trying to find an anime that he used to watch when he was younger, but unfortunately he doesn't remember much of it besides that it was similar to Charlie's Angels, but only had two girls. One girl used a regular gun, but the other one used something like a lightsaber. Now, as ya'll can imagine that's not a lot of info to go on, and google is understandably not very helpful. I was hoping that with ACen's combined wisdom and knowledge I could get pointed in the right direction to hunt this bad boy down. Thanks in advance for your help!
My life is watching anime, playing video games, and eating Taco Bell with reckless abandonment with my lady!

My cosplays: Raccoon City Police Officer, S.T.A.R.S. officer, Chris Redfield, Dr. Ray Stantz, 10th Doctor, 11th Doctor

Check out My Amazon Kindle Stories, My Writing Blog, and my comic book series

#2 User is offline   Gwydion 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 9082

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

I personally haven't seen the show, but it made me think of Dirty Pair, a show my friend used to watch back in high school. It's got two girls code named "Lovely Angels", and the wiki page says one uses a gun while the other often uses things like energy whips, so... maybe? If not, hope you find it!
Cosplay 2013:
Friday: Tsubaki (Sket Dance)
Saturday: Prince Alexander (King's Quest VI)
Sunday: uh, TMNT geek, lol

See you in the Alley! ^_^
Tenkuu no Chibi

#3 User is offline   jsieczkar 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 17116

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:28 PM

I would guess that it is Dirty Pair Flash which was a remake of the original. In this version Yuri is almost always seen with a plasma sword.
2008-2009 IRT - Callsign JR
2010 IRT Dispatch - Callsign JR
2011-Present Industry Relations Manager

#4 User is offline   Sir Gibby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:03 AM

I passed your suggestions of "Dirty Pair" to my friend and she said it's not the droids...er...anime...that's she's looking for. Could there be another one that's similar to "Dirty Pair"? The only other lead I got was that it used to be on DirectTV or On Demand, one of those two.

This post has been edited by Sir Gibby: 15 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

My life is watching anime, playing video games, and eating Taco Bell with reckless abandonment with my lady!

My cosplays: Raccoon City Police Officer, S.T.A.R.S. officer, Chris Redfield, Dr. Ray Stantz, 10th Doctor, 11th Doctor

#5 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

Does your friend know:

*What year/time period range they seen it?
*Was it on vhs/dvd at that time outside of cable? Stuff from on demand usually end up coming from one o the other.
*Was it a Movie or a series?

The only thing I can think of years ago that might be similar is Gunsmith cats or Cutie honey.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#6 User is offline   Sir Gibby 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

Not Gun Smith Cats (I LOVE that one!) but I haven't heard of the other one, I'll pass that along.

I heard recently that there is a sequel series to Dirty Pair? Do ya'll know if that one is radically different?

#7 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

View PostSir Gibby, on 07 September 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

Not Gun Smith Cats (I LOVE that one!) but I haven't heard of the other one, I'll pass that along.

I heard recently that there is a sequel series to Dirty Pair? Do ya'll know if that one is radically different?

I'll wiki it today, although the only Dirty pair series I know is the original one and Flash and you mentioned it wasn't those two.

If they knew the year range, that would help a lot, because I could look up anime that premiered and shown on cable/demand that year.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#8 User is offline   Wingy Baby 

• Panel Programming ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 4396

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

Was it this?
Posted Image
"When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before."
- Mae West

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users