Anime Central Forums: Dancing in the foyer/entryway outside the dealers room... - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Dancing in the foyer/entryway outside the dealers room... question regarding this...

#1 User is offline   Inkwell09 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:NAAAARNIAAAAAAAAAA~

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

I had no idea where I should post this, in truth, but this sub-forum seemed to fit better than the rest.

In the past few years I've attended ACEN, I have seen groups of cosplayers bring a boombox into the main entryway of the convention center (outside the dealers room) and do a short dance routine for the others who are waiting in line, etc.

I am wondering if, to do this, I would need to get this approved somehow? I have been wanting to do this for a few years, but at the same time, I don't want to do something without taking appropriate measures (if these are needed.)

Could anyone help me with this, or direct me to somewhere/someone who could answer this question?
Thank you :)
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#2 User is offline   Lord Warhammer 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11892
  • Posts: 1,201
  • Joined: 11-June 07
  • Location:Detroit Mi and Atlanta GA (SCAD)

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 05 August 2011 - 01:40 PM, said:

I had no idea where I should post this, in truth, but this sub-forum seemed to fit better than the rest.

In the past few years I've attended ACEN, I have seen groups of cosplayers bring a boombox into the main entryway of the convention center (outside the dealers room) and do a short dance routine for the others who are waiting in line, etc.

I am wondering if, to do this, I would need to get this approved somehow? I have been wanting to do this for a few years, but at the same time, I don't want to do something without taking appropriate measures (if these are needed.)

Could anyone help me with this, or direct me to somewhere/someone who could answer this question?
Thank you :)

Your best bet would be to post this in the IRT section.
Artist Alley Assistant Department Head!
myspace, facebook, youtube, and photobucket links are on my about me page.
ACEN cosplays.. time to plan plan plan.

I go to and staff many cons. Let's have a blast!

#3 User is offline   Inkwell09 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:NAAAARNIAAAAAAAAAA~

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:39 PM

okay, thanks!
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#4 User is offline   TheNerdBrigade 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61056
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 14-October 11
  • Location:chicago, illinois

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:53 AM

I would join in the dance if i see it lol if thats okay
I'm planning on bringing some music and dancing in a random place myself
TheNerdBrigade

#5 User is offline   Inkwell09 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:NAAAARNIAAAAAAAAAA~

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

View PostTheNerdBrigade, on 24 October 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

I would join in the dance if i see it lol if thats okay
I'm planning on bringing some music and dancing in a random place myself

Hey, if you wanna join up with us that'd be awesome. We're still putting together the music right now, and slowly learning the choreography (it's not gonna be anything too extravagant, but teaching Earl how to---oops, can't tell you yet! Gotta be a surprise!) But at the end we do want a huge group to dance to cha-cha slide with us. (Just look for the Millennium Earl, Tyki Mikk, and possibly a Road Kamelot and Allen Walker; that'll be us.)
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#6 User is offline   TheNerdBrigade 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61056
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 14-October 11
  • Location:chicago, illinois

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostInkwell09, on 01 November 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

Hey, if you wanna join up with us that'd be awesome. We're still putting together the music right now, and slowly learning the choreography (it's not gonna be anything too extravagant, but teaching Earl how to---oops, can't tell you yet! Gotta be a surprise!) But at the end we do want a huge group to dance to cha-cha slide with us. (Just look for the Millennium Earl, Tyki Mikk, and possibly a Road Kamelot and Allen Walker; that'll be us.)


Will do :D and if you know the hare hare yukai and bad apple feel free to join if you see a death the kid( me) and a maka
TheNerdBrigade

#7 User is offline   Inkwell09 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:NAAAARNIAAAAAAAAAA~

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

in regards to my earlier posts....we are now a Hetalia group (America [me], Canada, England, France, Spain, Prussia, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein...and possibly a chibi Turkey).
We're still going to try to work on the cha-cha slide at the end, but we've reworked our song list a bit since i last posted that.
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#8 User is offline   Jeff 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 29995
  • Posts: 453
  • Joined: 12-May 09
  • Location:Bridgeview Illinois

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

We can dance if we want to.

You can leave your friends behind.

Because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're

no friends of mine.
Love, Peace, & Video Games

#9 User is offline   Inkwell09 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:NAAAARNIAAAAAAAAAA~

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

View PostJeff, on 17 January 2012 - 10:23 PM, said:

We can dance if we want to.

You can leave your friends behind.

Because your friends don't dance and if they don't dance then they're

no friends of mine.


win! XD
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

#10 User is offline   Inkwell09 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60472
  • Posts: 212
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:NAAAARNIAAAAAAAAAA~

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

Update, update, update.
We are now a group of four, still Hetalia, and we have decided on our music. It will be in a "dance-off" style between the FACE family (France America Canada England). The whole routine should last a bit under 11 minutes total, given that there are no technical difficulties or mishaps :)
[font="Book Antiqua"] ACen 2014 Cosplays
--Gintoki (Gintama)****MAYBE
--Rin (Free!)
--Mink (DMMD)
--SURPRISE NOSTALGIC COSPLAY

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users