Anime Central Forums: Hyatt taking 1st night up front? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hyatt taking 1st night up front? Hyatt taking 1st night up front?

#1 User is offline   EtoileEyes 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 1058

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

I just called to make a reservation at the Hyatt and the person I talked to said that they are taking the first night's deposit when you book, not the month before as in previous years. Is this the new policy this year or did the person I talked to have it wrong? I will have to book somewhere else if that is the case.

#2 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

View PostEtoileEyes, on 03 August 2011 - 10:16 AM, said:

I just called to make a reservation at the Hyatt and the person I talked to said that they are taking the first night's deposit when you book, not the month before as in previous years. Is this the new policy this year or did the person I talked to have it wrong? I will have to book somewhere else if that is the case.

I was told it would be taken out a few weeks before the con.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#3 User is offline   goofy4u273 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 6657

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:53 AM

that is wrong, they never took the first night deposit.. i just called them

and they will take it out on april 4 (at least mine)

hope it helps

me
(\_/)
(^.^) This is Bunny. Add Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination.

#4 User is offline   EtoileEyes 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1058

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

Thanks guys. I called back and was told that they would take the 1st deposit on 4/4/12. Very happy camper right now with a room for Acen2012! :)

#5 User is offline   Graveangel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 30975

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

I just called up to book my room and was told that the first night deposit was going to be immediately charged to my account, is this wrong? I was also told that the April 4th date was when I could cancel by to get my money back, does anyone have any set in stone information that they could share before I book? Thanks!

#6 User is offline   goofy4u273 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:21 AM

i booked my room about 3-4 days ago..

and i nave not see any charges from them... i was told that it will be

taken on the 4-4-12

think we need someone from acen to talk to the hotel

to help clarify this

me

This post has been edited by goofy4u273: 05 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

(\_/)

#7 User is offline   Graveangel 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 30975

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the quick update, the guy on the phone just kinda scared me because he kept saying it would be taken out now, not later, I just wanted to make sure that it was not going to be. Thanks again!

and I agree, I just don't want a surprise charge on my account lol

This post has been edited by Graveangel: 05 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

#8 User is offline   goofy4u273 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

let me know how it goes...
(\_/)

#9 User is offline   gunner78 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 58813

Posted 07 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

I booked my rooms on August 1st. The cool thing about booking early is that you can tell them where you want your rooms to be. For example: I told them I wanted them on the third floor facing the entrance to the Hyatt. As always, this doesn't guarantee you'll get those rooms.

For some reason, the block didn't open at 8 am. Instead it opened, I believe, at noon. Was there a glitch? :blink:

#10 User is offline   Maze 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6570

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

I just booked my room. Surprised doubles were still avail after a week. Didn't notice the room block was open till today. >.<

They said first nights stay will be taken out on 04/04/12.

What was more surprising is they quoted me a rate of $169 a night and not the $175 as is listed on the ACEN site. So the question comes, who's in error? The hotel or the website?

Anyways, I got my room with my preferences so all is good.

#11 User is offline   Dtonks9 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17405

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

Gaaaaahhh!!!!!! The lady I just talked to was very stubborn and insisted I would be charged the first night up front and I have until 4/4/12 to cancel and get a refund. I'm calling back tomorrow and hopefully talking to somebody else. I asked her four times if she's sure I'll be charged now and not later, and she said yes. The big problem is that I have a debit and not a credit card, so it'll be a big problem if I'm charged up front in the near future. Grumble! :angry: The only good thing was that I was also quoted a rate of $169 plus 13% tax a night.
Life without magic is like a birthday cake without candles.

#12 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:43 PM

View PostDtonks9, on 19 August 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

Gaaaaahhh!!!!!! The lady I just talked to was very stubborn and insisted I would be charged the first night up front and I have until 4/4/12 to cancel and get a refund. I'm calling back tomorrow and hopefully talking to somebody else. I asked her four times if she's sure I'll be charged now and not later, and she said yes. The big problem is that I have a debit and not a credit card, so it'll be a big problem if I'm charged up front in the near future. Grumble! :angry: The only good thing was that I was also quoted a rate of $169 plus 13% tax a night.

I reserved mine the first day and they told me the same thing, but haven't charged me to this date. I think Anime Central and the Hyatt really need to get things squared up in regards to rate and whether they take the first night's deposit out right away or not until 4/4/2012. It's been a few weeks, this really should have been figured out awhile ago.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#13 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:56 AM

Well, not that this is my department anymore, but I do need to contact the Hyatt about something else. While doing so, I'll inquire about the deposit. Regarding the nightly rate, our contract has the higher one, but if they're offering $169 and you book that, then good on ya! I don't believe they will change the rate once you're booked on it (to be certain, check your fine print).
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#14 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

I'm sure everyone would appreciate an official word if they tell you. Again, they have yet to charge my credit card and are charging me $169/night with 13% tax. I'm not part of the staff though, so people aren't as likely to take my words seriously, LOL.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#15 User is offline   El Ken 

• Guest Relations Section Chief
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5629

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:55 AM

Okay, so I've been in contact with the Hyatt. According to the contracted terms, 1 night room and tax is held at the time of booking. However, the Hyatt reservation department rarely actually puts that hold on the credit card until the room block cut-off date. In short, though it is unlikely that the hold will be put on your card up front, it is possible and a part of the contracted terms.

We'd like to know... of the people who have reserved at the Hyatt, should you see the charge for 1 night room and tax prior to the cut-off, please let us know here! I'm sure the other people with reservations will like to know when they start holding those funds.

And as always, should you have additional questions or concerns, let us know and we'll do our best to address them.

Thank you for your patience.
Ken Leiding

Guest Relations Section Chief (2011- )

Hotel/Convention Site Relations, Retired (2006-2010)

@kenleiding

「いっぺん死んで見る?」

#16 User is offline   Hotel Relations Autobot 

• Hotel and Convention Site Relations Officer
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 61078

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

View PostEl Ken, on 31 August 2011 - 08:55 AM, said:

Okay, so I've been in contact with the Hyatt. According to the contracted terms, 1 night room and tax is held at the time of booking. However, the Hyatt reservation department rarely actually puts that hold on the credit card until the room block cut-off date. In short, though it is unlikely that the hold will be put on your card up front, it is possible and a part of the contracted terms.

We'd like to know... of the people who have reserved at the Hyatt, should you see the charge for 1 night room and tax prior to the cut-off, please let us know here! I'm sure the other people with reservations will like to know when they start holding those funds.

And as always, should you have additional questions or concerns, let us know and we'll do our best to address them.

Thank you for your patience.

Ken, thanks for the reply on this. Correct, the one night should be taken on or just after the block close date.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users