Anime Central Forums: My Favorite Anime That No One's Heard Of - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My Favorite Anime That No One's Heard Of A panel for the lesser-known favorites

#31 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 24210

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

I'll definitely be at this panel. I want to write down some of the shows I want to mention and keep them fresh in my mind.
"The net is vast and infinite"

#32 User is offline   Kent 

• Berserker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61118

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Dokkoida Ultra Diaper Man!!! This anime is hilarious I don't think it was that popular when it came out :thumbup:
Trying to gather ideas for next cosplay...?!?

#33 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Just popped into my head that no one really heard about this anime and it is EXTREMELY hard to locate :) sorry if it was posted

10 Tokyo Warriors. or Tokyo Jushoden

( id mention the Bubblegum Crisis but that was mentioned lol )

#34 User is offline   Djm 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 24210

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Since I want to save some for the panel itself, I'll mention one to start.

Texhnolyze. People recognize the name, but I've only known one person other than myself that's watched it.

Texhnolyze.
"The net is vast and infinite"

#35 User is offline   Star-cloud 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61808

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

This ugly yet beautiful world :happydance:

theres more haters than lovers..... :(
Inuyasha: [Inuyasha pulls Kagome into a hug] I was afraid. I thought I was going to lose you. I was terrified.

#36 User is offline   Naoya Toudou 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17652

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostStar-cloud, on 29 March 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

This ugly yet beautiful world :happydance:

theres more haters than lovers..... :(

i actually REALLY enjoyed that anime i think watch half the series but i do intend to watch the rest.

#37 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Bokurano
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#38 User is offline   Menchi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11059

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

I cry a little to learn that some of these titles are considered obscure...like Texhnolyze (awesome anime), Bokurano... and Bubblegum Crisis (holy balls no way, maybe for people born in the 2000s! Now I feel old lol) Night on Galactic Railroad is pretty much canon as far as Japanese "pop culture" anime goes, or at least everyone should know the basic story (but sadly not here in the States).

My idea of obscure titles would be like... Aoi Bungaku Series, Ayakashi (Japanese Classic Horror), Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight, Ima Soko ni Iru Boku, Romance of the Three Kingdoms... lol one of these titles is not like the other.

#39 User is offline   Monica Rial #1 Fan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61911

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Seeing a lot of anime's that I've definitely heard of. As far as more obscure titles I'd go with Ramen Fighter Miki and Kashimashi. Don't really hear a lot of people talk about these shows, and I loved them both. ^_^

Another one, that most are probably familiar with, but doesn't seem to get a lot of pub, probably because it's so completely different from just about everything else, is Le Chevalier D'Eon.

This post has been edited by Monica Rial #1 Fan: 17 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

#40 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Real Bout High School, Rune Soldiers, Ronin Warriors, El Hazard. I'm so glad other people have mentioned BGC!
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#41 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Postrin1782, on 02 August 2011 - 08:33 AM, said:

My favorite anime nobody has heard of is Wiess Kreuz. ^_^

I have heard of this and I enjoyed it. You lie!! ;)

#42 User is offline   BreBre716 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59491

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostLina, on 18 April 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

Real Bout High School, Rune Soldiers, Ronin Warriors, El Hazard. I'm so glad other people have mentioned BGC!

I didnt know real bout Highschool was considered Obscure? O__O
ACen 2014 COSPLAY

Minako Arisato/FemMC : Persona 3
100%
Misato Katusragi: Neon Genesis Evangelion 100%
Tidus 97%

#43 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

View PostBreBre716, on 20 April 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

I didnt know real bout Highschool was considered Obscure? O__O

I consider it obscure because many people I've talked to have never heard of it. lol
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#44 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

There's about one week until the panel. ^^ So I can't wait to meet everyone interested and hear what everyone has to say.

Also, please keep this in mind with coming up with series to discuss, as this should open up to a large range of topics. :)

Ashori said:

Discussion can pertain to some of the following ideas, but aren't limited to:

-A series being more popular in Japan, but fares poorly in other countries and visa-verse
-A form of a series being more popular compared to another source (i.e. the anime form being more popular than the manga/light novel form)
-A series with the same topics, themes, genres, etc. as a popular series, but doesn't get the recognition it deserves; can be combined with discussion theme #1
-Factors such as sales, release format, etc. that affect a series' availability and popularity

I've also edited the rules, after some discussion with my co-panelists, to also exclude discussion of yaoi and yuri series. Mainly because none of us really watch or support yaoi or yuri, so we aren't too comfortable with trying to discuss something we aren't familiar with, plus we don't wish to try and discuss something that can borderline break the PG/PG-13 content rules or even offend some of our attendees. So I'm going to apologize in advance to anyone that may wish to discuss these series.

EDIT: Okay, so according to the Guidebook app, I've misread the schedule and the panel is set for 11:15am to 1:30pm. Thank you Guidebook for correcting me! ^^

This post has been edited by Ashori: 20 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#45 User is offline   rrtycoon2 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57262

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostDjm, on 18 March 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Since I want to save some for the panel itself, I'll mention one to start.

Texhnolyze. People recognize the name, but I've only known one person other than myself that's watched it.

Texhnolyze.

If it makes you feel better, I've also watched (and own) it. Of course, it's been a good 4-5 years since I watched it, so my memory is a bit sketchy (strongest memories being the "silent" majority of the first episode, the very disturbing ending, and the depressing result of a bath scene in one of the secret episodes).

And to whomever mentioned Rune Soldiers being obscure...really? I though it was well known, especially as it's related to the Lodoss series (and has a very Slayers feel).
"Just because I'm older than you, heavier than you, and have less hair on my head than you doesn't mean I'm some cranky old guy who thinks he knows more about life than you (even if I actually do)"
"I'm like an elephant: big, bald, and easily scared away by things that come near me"

#46 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I'd like to say thank you to everyone for listing their favorite anime and manga that they consider unpopular or unknown. I get the feeling we're going to have a lot of debate at our panel, and trust me, we encourage it! We will be listing our guidelines and such at the panel again, so hopefully that'll help out with discussion.

Can't wait to meet everyone Saturday morning and hear everyone's thoughts and love for their favorite under-the-radar series!
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)

#47 User is offline   The Phantom Tapper 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 60075

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

I probably won't make it to the panel, but I know a pretty unknown anime, Haibane Renmei.
ACen 2011: Friday- Maka (Soul Eater) Saturday- Belle, yellow gown (Beauty and the Beast) Sunday- Katara or Maka
ACen 2012: Saturday- Nice Holystone (Baccano) Sunday- Mario

ACen 2013: Friday: Yuki Cross white uniform (Vampire Knight) Saturday: Yuki Cross white uniform, Saturday evening: Nice Holystone? Sunday: Yuki Cross white uniform
ACen 2014: Saturday: Sophie Hatter (Howl's Moving Castle) Sunday: Sophie Hatter

#48 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Now that it's Sunday and I'm back home with my laptop and internet access, I can access the A-Cen boards again. Yay! XD
Anyway, thank you to everyone that attended the panel - I was so happy to see such a turn out! At this time, instead of making a new board, please feel free to post your feedback about the panel here.

I know there was many people that wanted to speak that I couldn't get to. I tried my best to get to everyone and not let people repeat, and I do apologize if I couldn't get to you and both my brother and I didn't see you raise your hand ahead of everyone in order for you to say your piece. Sadly, that was also one of the times where we wish we had our third pair of eyes, but at the last second our third co-panelist bailed. x.x

However, despite that problem, I do hope everyone enjoyed the panel and hopefully we tried our best to avoid the most popular of the "unpopular" and "unknown" series. If you have any other concerns, complaints, compliments, or anything else, please let me know - my brother and I would LOVE to know what you think!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users