• You cannot reply to this topic

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

#61 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

So finally picked up my brothers copy of skyrim at level 6 and....idk how I feel about this game. After completing 100% of Oblivion these changes are more noticable to me then some other people. (Namely having to hold down the button for magic is really giving me a number since I'm used to just tapping a button and being fully healed in battle.) Leveling up is easier yet it isn't. I liked having such a badass in IV yet now two of the main things that helped me level up in the game are now gone. Plus I hate leveling up using skills I don't use often enough (like sneaking or lockpicking) then I'm stuck with a skill point I can't use cuz none of the things I want to use are up to the certian level I need. And I defintily not a fan of the menu screen. Since when is B used for a menu in a first person game?

Maybe it's just cuz it's all new to me still. Hopefully it'll get better for me cuz it does seem everyone enjoys it, but in my experiance when a game is a well recived as skyrim is to the general public, It's not a good game or as good when I play it. :/
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#62 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

^ Haha, I didn't mind having B for the menu. That was done probably because the Fallout titles used the B button to bring up the Pip-Boy. I was already used to it so that worked for me!
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#63 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

Your right. Dont know why I didnt' think of that when I typed it. Maybe it's just cuz B wasn't the menu in Oblivion then. Idk, But I keep hitting the dang thing in battle and or to skip talking to people and it keep popping up. grrrrr.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#64 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

Ok. After reaching level 22, I'm really hating this level up system. I play as a tank. That's what I"m good at. Yet, just like in the mass effect sequals they seem to forget about that kind of class. Even if I poured every level up just into my health i'd only have 600 hp? Seriouslly? My brother can do 600 points of damage with his bow alone? How am I suppose to wade into battle like I did in oblivion? Only things that I can put my points into that can help with that are my heavy armor perks. but with every litte dang thing leveling my up now i'm sitting on points to help with my acutally class needs but can't do anything about them til I use them even more. But I also can't make good enough armor myself cuz I don't have the rights points in that as well.

It just like in deus ex, they give you all the different ways to spend your points but make the difficulty where you need to have all your points filled from the point of the game. It's freaking annoying. It's gotten eaiser now that my armor is finally over 100, but they dragons breath and magic still drain my life like nothing and there isn't anything I can do about it and it's driving me crazy. :thumbdown:

#65 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I guess you'll have to give up your tank dreams... at least while playing Skyrim!

#66 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

I shouldn't have to though? I was a tank in Oblivion. Why did they think they needed to get rid of it? They did the same thing in Mass Effect 2 as well and it ticks me off. Just cuz it's not as popular doesn't mean they should get rid of it. Just because I hate halflings in my D&D campiangs dosen't mean I'd not have anyone play them if I was a DM.

#67 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

^ More and more games are transitioning to the action-RPG style now. IMO, I think classic RPGs dying... at least maybe here in America. I remember the PS2 days where there were tons of J-RPGs and whatnot. Classic character roles are slowly getting phased out.

#68 User is offline   Lica~chan 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 61944

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

So, I bought Skyrim back in December...played it continuously all month..beat it...did it all and am now re playing it again...I love it and I can't get enough ^_^ so which side did you guys choose? imperial or stormcloaks? first time around i chose imperials this time..i'm not sure which side to go for..
~May the Shadows watch you while you sleep~

#69 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

I was going to help the stormcloaks, til I found out that there were a bunch of racist assholes. Now I don't know what to do cuz I'm not gonna help the people that just tried to cut off my head.

#70 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Haven't played Skyrim in a minute, but with the Kinect features now, AWWWWWWWWW DANG!!!! :D

#71 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

View Posttatterpillar, on 19 April 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Haven't played Skyrim in a minute, but with the Kinect features now, AWWWWWWWWW DANG!!!! :D

wait what the hell? how will that work? is it full motion fighting with a sword and walking around or ME3 "Kinect features" where it only use the mic and you shoot at the tv now.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#72 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

I usually end up yelling the shout as I perform it anyway so the Kinect would be pretty spiffy for me! One of my favorites is actually the whisper "shout". When fully upgraded, you can see through ANYTHING for a ridiculously long distance. Makes me feel like I'm in the movie "Predator" hunting my feeble prey.

#73 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:05 PM

http://youtu.be/WyaEZG3pg_E

#74 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

Ok. I could care less about actually shouting at the screen, but just voicing to navigate the menu would cut down on soooo much wasted time. If I had one that would be very handy.

#75 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

I approve of most voice command things. Ever since I got my first taste of that from Tom Clancy's Endgame, I was totally hooked and fascinated. Too bad I don't want to spend that money on a Kinect.

#76 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 19 April 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

I usually end up yelling the shout as I perform it anyway so the Kinect would be pretty spiffy for me! One of my favorites is actually the whisper "shout". When fully upgraded, you can see through ANYTHING for a ridiculously long distance. Makes me feel like I'm in the movie "Predator" hunting my feeble prey.

THIS

It's like the perfect shout for my assassin character. That and the Throw Voice shout.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users