Anime Central Forums: The pizza place thats in the acen panel book. - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The pizza place thats in the acen panel book. How do you do that?

#1 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

Ok. I'm hopeing I'm posting in the right place but I'm wondering how exactly you guys get that pizza place to advirtise in the acen book and do they advertise for acen at their place in exchange for that or how does that work? Do you pay them? Cuz I'm helping for a con in IN and next year i'm trying to think of ways to help get more people and we have a independent pizzia place a few blocks away from the con center and I was thinking that if we did something similer then it would just add a little something to the con. So, I'm wondering is if all you have to do is just try and get ahold of the owner and talk to him or do you guys work out a deal or something? Any help would be appericated
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#2 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

I am not with Ad/Press staff but my NON STAFF comment would be -

Typically ads are paid by the person/business being promoted. So you could contact the pizza shop and say "We were wondering if you'd like to purchase ad space for $XX in our program guide for our upcoming convention. We had XX number of people attending last year, and it would be promoted as the place for those people to go eat during the entire convention weekend." Something along those lines, showing them how you would drive customers to their business in exchange for the ad in your book.

Don't be discouraged if someone says no, or they'll have to get back to you. Sometimes it requires permission from someone higher up for those kinds of thing. Good luck! :D
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#3 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

As an established convention, we have the benefit of different organizations that come to us and ask for advertising. Sometimes we'll take it in the form of trade (a place in someone else's book) or in ad revenue. Most businesses would rather just advertise by paying for it rather than do a reciprocal agreement, however sometimes smaller businesses find it easier/cheaper to do it via trade. Local card/gaming shops are especially open to it, especially because they'd probably give you advertising if you gave them badges.

But either way, it starts with you approaching them and asking. No need to approach it with a high pressure sales tactic, just say, "Hey, I'm ______ with _____ convention, and this is our first year and we were wondering if you'd be interested in advertising with us." When they ask about rates and such, then you can go into a pitch that offers alternatives to simply paying for the space.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users