• This topic is locked

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

#1 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

Anyone here see Transformers: Dark of the Moon yet? I saw it yesterday and loved it. Just wished that the major Decepticons would have done more :/

#2 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

I'm sure I will see it sometime this weekend. Just need to figure out when I am able to.

#3 User is offline   cloudacmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17980

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

I saw the midnight release.

It was MUCH better than transformers 2. Action in it was great.
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cloudacmaster
Cosplays did not happen in 2009, thanks to finals. Things are not looking good in 2010 either :/ I may not make it til Acen until Sat. evening.
Forum Doctor and Forum weather man!

#4 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

Really? Really? I completely HATED it. The only positive thing I have to say about this movie was sentinel prime being....well sentinel prime. Cuz yea, he'd do that I bet. But I don't know if my hate should be for the writers or Bay. Whoever decided that 9 autobots (2 of them not even doing anything and one of them not even coming out of car mode) can somehow win agaisnt 200 decepticons, should have a pen shoved in their eye. Also, I'm got really tired of humans taking down the top decepticons and having the autobots pick off the remainders. Isn't this their war? How can these ants still be this effective agaisnt them? Also, completly pissed about what happened with Shockwave, Soundwave, and Starscream.

P.S. Torn about skids and mudflap. Glad their werent in it cuz their getto crap was annoying. But to completely ignore them without a mention is annoying too because anyone who didn't even like Transformers 2 would say, "Hey, where where those two guys from the last movie."

1 outta 5 for me. This will be the only transformers i'm not buying on dvd. Very dissapointed.

Oh! P.P.S. Attentions writers. Just calling people wreckers just to throw out things from old tranformers doesn't make me hapy if you don't even name them. >:(

This post has been edited by Dark Stranger: 30 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#5 User is offline   Exezer 

• Exhibit Space
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 53384

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:58 AM

It was better than the 2nd one but one gripe i have with it is that it had toooo many slow motion scenes.

#6 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072
  • Location:Mississippi then New Jersey. Might make ACen 2018 :D

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 30 June 2011 - 12:03 AM, said:

Also, I'm got really tired of humans taking down the top decepticons and having the autobots pick off the remainders. Isn't this their war? How can these ants still be this effective agaisnt them?

someone's never played warhammer 40k :3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#7 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:03 AM

I just disliked mainly the whole thing with Megatron and Starscream barely doing anything. Shockwave also should have talked more and interacted with the other Decepticons. I'll probably end up seeing it again though in the next week or so.

I went to an Imax 3d showing, and it was just insane in there. The visual and sound was amazing!

#8 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:54 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 30 June 2011 - 10:05 AM, said:

someone's never played warhammer 40k :3

No I haven't. I don't have the disposiable income for warhammer.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#9 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:43 PM

To be honest, I couldn't even get into the first movie. I thought the robot fights were good and while Megan Fox is very lovely, I thought she and all the human characters were really annoying. Then the problem with that, I thought they focused too much on the humans and not as much on the Autobots or the Decepticons. Maybe I'll give another chance some day.

One thing I really enjoyed seeing from the trailers for Transformers 3 were all the sights of Chicago! I remember when driving downtown one day (forgetting that Transformers was being filmed of course) and seeing with my brother a huge car pile-up across the bridge on the other side. I freaked out for a second then we were like "Oh yeah, Transformers is filming." LOL

One of these days I might give the trilogy a chance, but right now I think I'll save my money for Captain America.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#10 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

View PostSTVO, on 30 June 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

Then the problem with that, I thought they focused too much on the humans and not as much on the Autobots or the Decepticons. Maybe I'll give another chance some day.

See, that's the problem one of my close friends has with the series. In the old cartoon series, the humans were around, but they were sidekicks. They helped out once in a while, but they weren't at the forefront like they are now. In the old days, it was all 'bots - Optimus Prime duking it out with Megatron, Starscream being his screechy, wussy, hilarious self, and Jetfire being full of awesome, and even Arcee getting more airtime.

I think the only reasons I have to see this are 1) see just how badly Chicago gets wrecked, and 2) see just what the deal is with those huge ships and that big Decepticon that pretty much goes anaconda on that building and breaks it in two.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#11 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:10 PM

I'll tell you that one. It's suppose to be part of shockwave. How? I have not freaking clue.

#12 User is offline   Scott 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9607

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:03 PM

Saw it today. It was alright, but:

1. Why didn't all of the humans die post-haste from the excessive amounts of shrapnel flying everywhere? Especially that pointless scene that started with "Hey, let's go to the top of that building!!!" They somehow survive through that. Oh and humans being tossed around like rag dolls constantly without injuries serious enough to incapacitate them.

2. The humans are basically useless. They tried to make them useful, but it doesn't seem right. The anime fan in me wanted to see Shia LaBeouf find a mobile suit or something... Damn man, stop running around like a ..., Same goes for his new girl.

#13 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:01 AM

I always thought the giant snake robot thing was a separate thing that Shockwave commanded. He was seen with it a lot, in Chicago the majority of the time he was on foot. Not sure on it though :/

#14 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:19 AM

Its a Michael Bay movie. What did you guys expect? A plot :lol: You know its all about the explosions, slo-mo of the hot chick and no story.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#15 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 30 June 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

No I haven't. I don't have the disposable income for warhammer.

fix'd ;3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#16 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

View Postexcel excel, on 01 July 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

Its a Michael Bay movie. What did you guys expect? A plot :lol: You know its all about the explosions, slo-mo of the hot chick and no story.

While that's true. But all I wanted was more characters. More characters that kick butt and are mostly correct to the Transformers legacy. But they couldn't even do that. Here's Shockwave" two scenes then gone. Here are the wreckers: No names and so expliantion as to why we haven't seen them (besides they are jerks). And no mention of what happend to skids and mudflap: (even though noone liked them it's still annoying to not even have them there.)

#17 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

I think RotF gave the Decepticons the most character (important ones anyways).

Supposedly Skids or Mudflap can be seen in the background in car form when the Autobots go to the base at the beginning of the movie, but not sure that counts. I'll have to check next time I watch it. They don't really explain the Wreckers too much besides that they were taking care of the space shuttle. No idea since when though :/

Also, I'm suprised they didn't really epxlain Brains. In the prequal comics they make him seem like a semi-important character. Of course the comic and the movies at time don't seem to connect all that well with each other :/

#18 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

I didnt' see them at all. The one in car forms were the two scottish wreakers. And Jolt, who never got out of car form. *sigh*

#19 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

Just checked out the movie again, and although not 100% sure, I think the Mudflap and Skids are right behind Sideswipe when the Autobots are pulling into the base, but you don't see them again, and it was for a really short time and from far away.

Right before they call Dino's name I believe. It looks like the shape of the Chevy Spark at least.

Also kind of interesting, but I read that some of the highway battle scene was re-used from another Michael Bay movie The Island. Pretty funny actually.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7kcqB3thJM[/media]

#20 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

Saw this on another site, and thought I should share. Some concept art from the movie

http://www.joshnizzi.com/TF3.htm

Looks like they were considering another Wrecker...don't mind the whole wrong name on character thing, that is to throw people off supposedly

#21 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

I saw it today and I'll say this, it was better than the 2nd movie. Just explosions, special effects and 1 hot chick in the middle of it. Michael Bay is giving you what you're paying for. The 1st one was the best one.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa) and Female Ezio Auditore di Firenze (Assassins Creed)

#22 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

Saw it a second time yesterday night, and noticed a lot of little details, although some I read about before re-watching it

Wheelie foreshadows Sentinel Prime turning on the autobots when the Star Trek episode was on in the beginning of the movie. Something along the lines of "This is the episode where Spock goes mad". Person who plays Spock (Leonard Nimoy) also does Sentinel Prime's Voice

Mudflap and Skids are in the movie for a very short time (less than 2 seconds) in vehicle mode when the Autobots pull in to the base. You can see them behind Sideswipe, but they are far in the back of the line of cars. They are also in the Chevy spark mode (black with colored stripe)

At Sam's work when Laserbeak is a copy machine and someone presses the buttons on it, he makes the old style "robots in disguise" beeps from the original cartoon :D

The first scene with Soundwave in robot mode, his chest is missing the Mercedes logo. Guess they wanted to hide the fact that the silver car was Soundwave

During the highway scene, there's a sign for I-88 Aurora. I-88 is actually the highway closest to my house :D Also, I think they're suppose to be in Washington and not in Illinois....Pretty cool though!

Barricade (cop car from the first TF movie) is actually the one who kills Que. First time I saw the movie I thought Soundwave kills him, but you can see the police text on his arm. Barricade is also later seen with Shockwave after Soundwave dies. Nice to know he actually does something in the movie after going missing :D

There's a lot more little easter eggs and things, but those are the more memorable ones for me

#23 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:14 AM

Well, watched it this past Friday and well, it was better than the second one for me but wow, the ending was like..bam, done, over with. Almost like Bay was glad to get the license and its fans off of his back.

#24 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

I gotta say though, everyone bashes bay for these movies but did he write any of them? Cuz I don't think he did. If he was only handed a horrible script and said, "here, direct this." Then I can't say he did too bad, (you know for bay anyway). Cuz all bay does is explosions, law enforcement, and hot chicks, so yeah he did fine for his standers.

But I really hope if they ever consider making another transformers movie it will be a reboot.

#25 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

I really hope there are no more TF movies after this. Frankly, I want my three hours of life back; the only parts that had me reacting at all were Ironhide vs. Sentinel, and Bumblebee trying to make a sweet gesture towards the end. That, and watching Chicago get blown to bits. Other than that, it was absolutely terrible. Heck, that 15-20 second shot of New Girl standing in the midst of all the explosions, hair flying around like Fabio's in slow motion, with flaming debris flying not far behind her? Yeah, I think I was more frustrated that she had NO EXPRESSION AT ALL.

Plus, here's what was said as my hubby, myself, and two of our friends said after leaving the theatre.

James: "Well...I was hoping it'd be a LOT better than that."
Ryan: "I was hoping the CIA ***** would get offed. I'm pissed that that didn't happen."
Me: "That movie could be summed up in two words: vastly underwhelming. Hell, Green Lantern was more exciting than this!"
Steph: "........."

Turns out Steph was so physically pissed at the movie (she'd grown up watching the cartoon and knows all the lore behind it), she didn't say a single word until we got back to our place. She's NEVER like this with movies, even ones that are just...bad. Usually she MST3Ks them and then has a ball ripping on them on our way home. But this time, she was so infuriated she didn't speak.

Yeah. I really really hope this is the last TF movie Bay ever makes. EVER.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#26 User is offline   Haggisstew 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 36322
  • Location:If the torso next to my name is in color, I'm at a computer.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

SPOILERS

The first movie ruined ShinigamiLeo's favorite character (Prowl) by making him a Decepticon (whom was not Barricade) and killed him. The second was so racist I had to stop watching half way through out of disgust. And the third ruined my favorite character (Alpha Trion) turning him into a traitorous moron (Sentinel Prime) whom only guards one of the hundreds of pillars he needs for his plan to work, (seriously why didn't the good-guys go attack the other pillars? there was no one guarding them!) and had the single worst line in the movie, "The needs of the many out way the needs of the few." (he only had that line because he was voiced by Leonard Nimoy) The few being the 6,000,000,000 people on Earth, and the many being him and his 6 Dicepticon friends. I wasn't aware that seven was greater than six billion. I guess my kindergarten teacher (and every one else over the age of four) must've been wrong.

P.S. @Valkyrie I hope this is the last movie Bay makes ever.

This post has been edited by Haggisstew: 20 July 2011 - 01:26 AM

Planed cosplays for ACen are 1= Simon Petrikov (Adventure Time), 2= Johnny (FFVII), MCPO Karen Joshua (08th MS Team), Soun Tendo (Ranma 1/2)

#27 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

I hope the next one had unicron in it

#28 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

View PostHaggisstew, on 20 July 2011 - 01:19 AM, said:

SPOILERS

The first movie ruined ShinigamiLeo's favorite character (Prowl) by making him a Decepticon (whom was not Barricade) and killed him. The second was so racist I had to stop watching half way through out of disgust. And the third ruined my favorite character (Alpha Trion) turning him into a traitorous moron (Sentinel Prime) whom only guards one of the hundreds of pillars he needs for his plan to work, (seriously why didn't the good-guys go attack the other pillars? there was no one guarding them!) and had the single worst line in the movie, "The needs of the many out way the needs of the few." (he only had that line because he was voiced by Leonard Nimoy) The few being the 6,000,000,000 people on Earth, and the many being him and his 6 Dicepticon friends. I wasn't aware that seven was greater than six billion. I guess my kindergarten teacher (and every one else over the age of four) must've been wrong.

P.S. @Valkyrie I hope this is the last movie Bay makes ever.

That line was a jab/refernce to us star trek fans. That line was in Star Trek 2 the same movie when spock dies. So it was funny I thought to me at least. And if it was up to me, i'd say a transformer life is more then a humans anyday.

#29 User is offline   Haggisstew 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 36322
  • Location:If the torso next to my name is in color, I'm at a computer.

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

Except that the Autobots are supporting characters in these three movies, so no Sam Wikipedia is more important then Prime.
Planed cosplays for ACen are 1= Simon Petrikov (Adventure Time), 2= Johnny (FFVII), MCPO Karen Joshua (08th MS Team), Soun Tendo (Ranma 1/2)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users