Anime Central Forums: Artist Alley submissions? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Artist Alley submissions? When does Acen 2012 start taking submissions for Artist Alley?

#1 User is offline   AnimeMonster 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 33720

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

The last 2 years I've missed submissions for getting a table at Artist Alley. I always end up checking to late and they're sold out. Can anyone tell me or help me out on when approx. they might be registering for 2012? Thanks for your time.
I am the greetest and I am leaving for no raisin.

#2 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

I'm going to move this over to the Artist Alley forum so the people in charge of that will see this :)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#3 User is offline   Manifested Dreams 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 19370

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:30 PM

View PostAnimeMonster, on 28 June 2011 - 04:41 AM, said:

The last 2 years I've missed submissions for getting a table at Artist Alley. I always end up checking to late and they're sold out. Can anyone tell me or help me out on when approx. they might be registering for 2012? Thanks for your time.

I'm not staff so this is in no way official, but I've been doing the AA since 2009s show. That said, it has opened on or around December 14th since then. My suggestion is to sign up for the Mailing List and if you can, follow ACEN's twitter. The Mailing List will be your best resource for information regarding the AA, Phillip is incredibly thorough and transparent with his alley :3

#4 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:40 PM

Watch the forums - the DH always posts info well before opening on how best to keep track of AA information including getting on the above mentioned mailing list. You'll see some threads update with new titles for 2012.

It is also correct that typically it opens in December - so you don't have to get too frantic until at least November for checking for updates. ;)

That said - the alley is more popular every year and does go FAST. You will want to mark your calendar and set aside time to apply.
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#5 User is offline   AnimeMonster 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 33720

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:47 AM

View PostKnitChick, on 29 June 2011 - 08:02 PM, said:

I'm going to move this over to the Artist Alley forum so the people in charge of that will see this :)

k

View PostManifested Dreams, on 01 July 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

I'm not staff so this is in no way official, but I've been doing the AA since 2009s show. That said, it has opened on or around December 14th since then. My suggestion is to sign up for the Mailing List and if you can, follow ACEN's twitter. The Mailing List will be your best resource for information regarding the AA, Phillip is incredibly thorough and transparent with his alley :3

Thanks

View Postfrzndaqiri, on 18 July 2011 - 05:40 PM, said:

Watch the forums - the DH always posts info well before opening on how best to keep track of AA information including getting on the above mentioned mailing list. You'll see some threads update with new titles for 2012.

It is also correct that typically it opens in December - so you don't have to get too frantic until at least November for checking for updates. ;)

That said - the alley is more popular every year and does go FAST. You will want to mark your calendar and set aside time to apply.

Thanks
I am the greetest and I am leaving for no raisin.

#6 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

I always submit a deadline to our Webmaster and IT Department to release it on a certain date, and at a certain time in December. Unfortunately there has been technical problems and last minute codding, for some reason, these last 5 year, so it gets pushed back. Rest assured that Early December is a good time to keep a look out. Hopefully we can shatter our AA record of crashing the website 5 years running XD .

I know I am excited for this next year!!
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users