Anime Central Forums: To Early to register for a room for next year? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

To Early to register for a room for next year?

#1 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 24895

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:57 PM

so I was thinking of getting a jump on the rooms for next year, is it a good time to do so? Or should I wait till july to do so?

I'm looking at the Hyatt again for this year.
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

DEVIL MAY CRY SAGA PANEL 2013

Pardon the Pause is a Podcast that focuses on Geek culture:
Pardon the Pause

#2 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

You can't book any rooms yet because it will look like to the Hyatt employees the Hyatt is totally full. Wait until the Hyatt hotel block opens, and just book your room the first day it opens. Then you'll be sure to get a room. :) Now is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early. I think last year the block opened in October? So soon enough. :3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#3 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

Yeah it was October. Just keep looking at the ACen website and it will pop-up (same for registration.) I am definitely doing it first day, I'm just making sure I get a room at the Hyatt for 2012. I have some dependable people going in on the room this time, I definitely have to be at the Hyatt again, this year just wasn't the same. Whatever though, I still had fun and got to ACen. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#4 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:00 AM

I've been able to register for a room there before the open block date though. I just have to do it by phone and give them the days I wanted to be there, if I recall correctly. I think they let you alter the price for the conblocks too?
~@~ Delightfully Playing: Prima-Vocaloid 0%, Mew-Two 80%, Muppeters -100% -2014 ~@~
~*@*~ 2013:The Riddler, Muppeters, Mew-Two 2012: The Riddler, Shadow Fairy 2011: Rinslet from Black Cat, Carmen Sandiego,Wanda from Fairly Odd Parents. 2010: Younger Walter, Carmen Sandiego. 2009: Goku from Saiyuki~*@*~

Pardon the Pause

#5 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:15 AM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 23 June 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

I've been able to register for a room there before the open block date though. I just have to do it by phone and give them the days I wanted to be there, if I recall correctly. I think they let you alter the price for the conblocks too?

That is a risk you can take and there are no guarantees. I honestly don't see the need to rush though. Just wait till the block opens and do it then. Never had a problem going that route.

#6 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:03 AM

It is always recommended to wait until the blocks open to register for a room and be guarenteed the at-con rate.
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#7 User is offline   tatterpillar 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 23950

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:14 AM

View PostDark Spellmaster, on 23 June 2011 - 03:00 AM, said:

Rondo is right. You can book early, but don't expect the hotel to call you or alter your reservation when the block opens. You can get that rate as long as rooms are being held in the block and usually, as long as there is availability in the hotel. Otherwise, you pay what you initially booked.

#8 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59284

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

Wow I'm late but yeah. What you do is check the site like a hawk and the minute the room block opens register for it. I mean the same moment you see it on the website/forums. If you do it too early you might have the mishap of one person and book the wrong Hyatt, they will charge you the full rate instead of the block rate, and other issues.

So patience is a virtue.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#9 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:02 PM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 23 June 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

What you do is check the site like a hawk and the minute the room block opens...

Would someone please explain to me why so many people sit there, ready to call in their reservation right at 12:00:01 AM on the day the block opens? It always takes months before the hotel fills up, and no matter if you ask for a king or a double, the most popular room types are always issued on a first come basis anyway.

So why the big rush? You watch the forums, and when the block is announced, that signals the beginning of 8 - 12 weeks available to reserve a room. Why all of this "the minute the room block opens" bakatude?

'
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#10 User is offline   Edgar Roni Figaro 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 57935

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 22 June 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

You can't book any rooms yet because it will look like to the Hyatt employees the Hyatt is totally full. Wait until the Hyatt hotel block opens, and just book your room the first day it opens. Then you'll be sure to get a room. :) Now is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early. I think last year the block opened in October? So soon enough. :3

PLEASE tell me this is the situation with the Embassy. I just called them to see what rates are right now and they said that the ENTIRE hotel is booked.

#11 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

It's the same with all the con hotels. They know ACEN's dates for next year and have them blocked for congoers. They won't open until later this year/early next. Just keep your eyes peeled to the forums for an official announcement about the room blocks. You will not be able to book any of the con hotels until the announcement is made

This post has been edited by magishine: 10 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#12 User is offline   Edgar Roni Figaro 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 57935

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

View Postmagishine, on 10 July 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

It's the same with all the con hotels. They know ACEN's dates for next year and have them blocked for congoers. They won't open until later this year/early next. Just keep your eyes peeled to the forums for an official announcement about the room blocks. You will not be able to book any of the con hotels until the announcement is made

Thank you magishine, I was shocked when they said it was booked already!!! Thank you again!!!

#13 User is offline   Dark Spellmaster 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:29 AM

This seems to happen every year. The reason I need to call early is because of the two people who are staying with me. We need a double bed suit and I have to take in guests visiting while we're there. *sighs*

Pardon the Pause

#14 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:51 PM

View PostSmokey, on 23 June 2011 - 04:02 PM, said:

Would someone please explain to me why so many people sit there, ready to call in their reservation right at 12:00:01 AM on the day the block opens? It always takes months before the hotel fills up, and no matter if you ask for a king or a double, the most popular room types are always issued on a first come basis anyway.

So why the big rush? You watch the forums, and when the block is announced, that signals the beginning of 8 - 12 weeks available to reserve a room. Why all of this "the minute the room block opens" bakatude?

It's because:

*Some people prefer being on the lower floors than the higher floors due to physical limitations. You have a better chance of this if you call early when the room block first opens than later on on your own pace.

*Popular Hotels like the Embassy, that are only open when the Hyatt room block is mostly or 100% full, (it depends,) get sold out quick. I wanted a double bed, and the morning that the room block was open there was no more double beds when I called during the afternoon on the same day! (There was only King beds left and it was only a short time before that block was gone.) Plus I ended up on the top floor! It was hard carrying all that stuff by myself, since my roommate left early and nobody was considerate enough to help me. The hotel couldn't at the time due to the overflow of people checking out.

*Some people have to plan early because of friends or personal situations. Not everyone goes on the forums and instead check the website. So if they need something like a double bed, it would be a better idea to call when the block is open than later on.

So I understand what the opening poster feels, but since the block for the Hyatt doesn't open til maybe in the fall/winter, it is not a good idea to reserve a hotel right now in the summer.

This post has been edited by The Fujoshi: 13 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

ACen 2013 Cosplay:
Hero from SMT: DS2, Emmet/Kudari from Pokemon Black and White, Roppi Izaya from Durarara, Hitoshura human form from SMT.

All the random avatars this time are from LJ and I don't own any of them. Some of the avatars are credit to aristocracy, Taku ♫ arthursandwich, noxjustxnoin, imperial-code, dojicons, narrante, dino-cookie, shiroyuki_kun, takerzmuse, and ushitora_icons at LJ. I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ICONS.

Currently into and playing: All Megaten games, Blazblue series, and P4MU. Waiting for: Pokemon BW2 and BB3.

#15 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

View PostThe Fujoshi, on 13 July 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

It's because:

*Some people prefer being on the lower floors than the higher floors due to physical limitations. You have a better chance of this if you call early when the room block first opens than later on on your own pace.

I don't believe how early you get your room reservation has any correlation on what level you wind up being on. We have been doing this for years and always reserve when first available and have been all over the floor levels. From experience, unless specifically requested, you get what is available when you check in. At least at this Hyatt.

This post has been edited by rondo: 14 July 2011 - 08:24 AM

#16 User is offline   The Fujoshi 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

View Postrondo, on 14 July 2011 - 08:24 AM, said:

I don't believe how early you get your room reservation has any correlation on what level you wind up being on. We have been doing this for years and always reserve when first available and have been all over the floor levels. From experience, unless specifically requested, you get what is available when you check in. At least at this Hyatt.

When it comes down to it, it depends on the hotel. All my associates go to the Hyatt (and have been for the past five years or so,) and experienced the same impression as you. But I experienced something different when I started going to the Emby. Usually when I check in late I end up with either a single or a higher floor (the top floor for the past three years,) because all the lower floors are already booked.

From what one friend told me, he said that the lower floors are Double beds/earlier reservations and the high floors are single and latter reservations. But I don't know if this is 100% true. But I always assumed this from my past experience.

I have no idea about Double tree or Hilton.
ACen 2013 Cosplay:

#17 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Thats true what The Fujoshi is saying about booking earlier and getting a lower floor. Unless you're in the executive suite, being on a lower floor will be less time to get down on the elevator and some cases you can take the stairs without too much of a workout. They generally will give you a lower floor calling early but I think you get a better opportunity to request a certain floor too if you call early as well. I'm either going to call the day it opens or at least not do any later than a week.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#18 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

An example for the past two Hyatt trips for ACEN: [no bother going for the previous years, the patten persists]

2010 - First day morning reservation, double bed, third floor. (arrived on Tuesday, 1:30ish PM)
2011 - First day morning reservation, double bed, seventh floor. (arrived on Wednesday 2:30ish PM)

Maybe checking in earlier/day of arrival had something to play into it. But I guess it could also depend on other conventions going on during that time.

#19 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

Like I said, it doesn't matter what kind of room you request, including its location, they're still given out on a first come basis. Get there early, you get what you wanted. Get there late and you get what's left. I've found this to be true even with requests for handicapped accessible rooms. This is not something we have any control over, but if you'd like to complain about this policy, here's the place to do it. http://www.hyatt.com...recent-stay.jsp
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users