WWE/UFC/MMA/Boxing Fans?

#61 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:23 PM

View PostDark Stranger, on 13 July 2011 - 10:15 PM, said:

They signed Kid Kash again? lol. Just more proof that WWE can't use TNA stars.

IMO it's also proof that "Hey if you worked for WWE, WCW, or ECW, come on in and work for us!" from TNA, lol. I do agree though with WWE under-utilizing guys originally established by TNA and WCW. They did botch on Monty Brown, Chris Harris (though I'd say with his serious weight gain it's more his fault), Low Ki (that one really disappointed me), and Lance Hoyt (aka Vance Archer.) You could argue Christian and R-Truth though (former TNA World champs but did start in WWE first) and Kharma (Awesome Kong) went wrong because she had to take time off due to being pregnant while in the middle of a big storyline starting.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#62 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:12 AM

Pregnant? Really? wow. But It's always been that older established wrestlers would go to other organisations. Since they still have star power and can still have some good matches. TNA is still trying to figure out how to use them in my opinion. They are still doing a better job then WCW, yet I do have to complain about Sting still being at the top of the cards.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#63 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

Yep she has a high risk pregnancy.

Need ideas for signs for Mitb...suggestions?

#64 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 14 July 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

My ideas:
- "Ryder or riot"
- picture of "Cornette-face"
- "If Cena wins, wrestling dies"
- picture of any meme-face
- "This person sitting behind me can't see!"
- "Vince, sign El Generico" (or any wrestler of your choosing)
- "Cena, turn heel already!"
- picture of Charlie Sheen that says winning
- Nyan Cat

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 14 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#65 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on 14 July 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

• ACen Country
• Let's Go Kofi! (Bias here but I want him to win the Raw Match)
• Either Christian Wins or Smackdown's Cancelled
• CM PUNK IS CHICAGO
• BRING BACK GALLOWS (in response to CM Punk mentioning Luke Gallows on Raw)

View PostPrayer Police, on 14 July 2011 - 01:49 PM, said:

My ideas:
- "Ryder or riot"
- picture of "Cornette-face"
- "If Cena wins, wrestling dies"
- picture of any meme-face
- "This person sitting behind me can't see!"
- "Vince, sign El Generico" (or any wrestler of your choosing)
- "Cena, turn heel already!"
- picture of Charlie Sheen that says winning
- Nyan Cat

I like those ideas, especially Nyan Cat. If you or your friend's are artistic enough, make a banner long enough to stretch it a row. That would be epic! If not, no worries. :)
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#66 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

Even though they did it at the One Night Stand that RVD won the WWE Title and ECW Title, the "If Cena Wins, We Riot" sign is a nice classic.

I'm sure there will be plenty of "We want Ice Cream" signs so I'm not gonna suggest that.

Kinda tough to come up with some suggestions for good signs.
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#67 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:26 AM

Today's Money in the Bank! I can't wait to watch it tonight! For those going to All-State tonight, give some feedback of what it's like at the arena and what we might not have caught on TV. I'd like to know.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#68 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

I used to be really into WWE but I kinda got bored with it, so now I don't even know who's gone and who is still there [like Undertaker..I miss watching him wrestle]

This post has been edited by jackspicer: 17 July 2011 - 06:49 AM

Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#69 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

View PostSTVO, on 17 July 2011 - 06:26 AM, said:

For those going to All-State tonight, give some feedback of what it's like at the arena and what we might not have caught on TV.

I've been to a couple of house shows at Allstate Arena. It's a small enough place where you can see the action just fine pretty much wherever you sit. They usually do stuff between matches like working the crowd or promotional things.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#70 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 17 July 2011 - 09:30 AM, said:

I've been to a couple of house shows at Allstate Arena. It's a small enough place where you can see the action just fine pretty much wherever you sit. They usually do stuff between matches like working the crowd or promotional things.

Yeah I've been to a few house shows in the early 90's, Judgment Day/Sunday Night Heat, Smackdown, then finally this year I went to the Raw before Wrestlemania. At that Raw, they did Raw live, taped Smackdown (only two matches), NXT (such a boring show), and Superstars. They had a dark match of Mark Henry vs. Ted Dibiase Jr and the crowd was hot the whole night, especially when The Rock came out. All the adults chanted "Cena sucks" while the kids were cheering him on. It's fun to watch live, I wish I was going to the Pay Per View, but it should be good either way.

BTW Ninja, you really need to go as Ryo Hazuki, Shenmue was such an awesome game. Even though you had to go to work like in real life.

Jackspicer, what year did you stop watching? Oldest wrestlers still around are Undertaker (only wrestles part time), HHH (same), Mark Henry, Big Show, Christian, and The Rock and Stone Cold appear but don't wrestle. Rock is fighting John Cena at next year's Wrestlemania.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#71 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:43 AM

I quit after making one sign. I'll be heading to Allstate arena in a few hours. I'll definitely leave some feedback here

Le sign

This post has been edited by SongstressLenne: 17 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

#72 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

Very nice Songstress! I'll look for it on TV tonight!

This post has been edited by STVO: 17 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#73 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

Live shows are the best. I want to say my first live event was WCW Nitro. Wrestling was a total obsession during middle school and seeing 3 hours of action was the ultimate experience. After watching Nitro or Thursday Thunder, I would always thrown on WCW vs. NWO for N64 and recreate the matches how I thought they should have been.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#74 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 17 July 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

Live shows are the best. I want to say my first live event was WCW Nitro. Wrestling was a total obsession during middle school and seeing 3 hours of action was the ultimate experience. After watching Nitro or Thursday Thunder, I would always thrown on WCW vs. NWO for N64 and recreate the matches how I thought they should have been.

The N64 Wrestling games were the best! I won't say I hate the Smackdown games, but they were nothing in comparison to WCW/nWo World Tour/Revenge or WWF Wrestlemania 2000/No Mercy! They were amazing!

On another note: CM PUNK WINS! CM PUNK WINS! CM PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome Pay-Per-View, makes me regret not buying tickets. Also real shocked Daniel Bryan won the Smackdown Money in the Bank, not a bad choice at all though. It's amazing Punk left the arena and is "leaving the company" with the world title. I wonder how this storyline will pay off...

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#75 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

View PostSTVO, on 17 July 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

The N64 Wrestling games were the best! I won't say I hate the Smackdown games, but they were nothing in comparison to WCW/nWo World Tour/Revenge or WWF Wrestlemania 2000/No Mercy! They were amazing!

On another note: CM PUNK WINS! CM PUNK WINS! CM PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome Pay-Per-View, makes me regret not buying tickets. Also real shocked Daniel Bryan won the Smackdown Money in the Bank, not a bad choice at all though. It's amazing Punk left the arena and is "leaving the company" with the world title. I wonder how this storyline will pay off...

i hope he become face and cena heal, i think alot of people was not happy with the idea of a cana/rock main event at WM. well i think it should happened but it shouldn't be a belt fight. the hogen/rock fight 8 years ago was just banking on the fact that 2 big icons are fighting.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#76 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events ADH
  • Pip
  • Group: Forum Staff
  • Member No.: 17129

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS THREAD EARLIER. >:C

I got to go to MitB last night, and I'm just starting to get my voice back - and that's after more Ricola, water, and tea I can shake a stick at (which, is a very large amount :P). I brought my old "Save me CM Punk" sign that I made years ago, as well as a three-poster "Summer of Punk" sign that I hung from the corner upper row (yay being in the first row up there). And for the record, I'm totally not a Punk mark, nor have I been one since his ROH days.
Yeah, I marked out like crazy last night. :clap:

All in all, I think I can safely say that this is the PPV of the year so far. Bryan and Del Rio won (which I also marked out at Bryan winning), Christian won by DQ, and in general the PPV delivered what people wanted to see. As for Raw today, I've read that Punk is scheduled to appear tonight - here's to hoping that Del Rio isn't able to cash in. *crosses fingers*

Lastly, for those that don't follow Punk on Twitter, he posted this gem this morning:
@WWEUniverse: It's 12:00 a.m. ... Do you know where your WWE Champion is? #MITB @CMPunk” The champ is...here: http://yfrog.com/kkb09zyj

Main Programming Assistant Manager ~ 2014
Main Programming Staff
~ 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
2014 Cosplay ~ Third Doctor, Magishine/Solaris Knight
I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow.

#77 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

I marked out so badly last night. I felt bad for my friend that I treated to the event for his birthday, but he loved how I was reacting.

We are so brutally honest in Chicago. If you suck, we tell you. If you can't wrestle, we tell you. If you are a sellout, we tell you. If we want ice cream, we tell you.

This is what PPVs should be like and hell I think I saw the match of the year last night. From the dark match all the way to leaving, I constantly heard CM Punk chants [and I participated]. I need to see footage of how the crowd was because I thought for almost every match we were so freakin' loud. Lord have mercy on WWE if Punk lost last night. People were seriously ready to riot, badly.

Also, only in wrestling can something like this take place:

*A group of us are talking about CM Punk and kid no older than 10 completely decked out in John Cena gear hears us as he walks by*

Kid: CM Punk sucks!
Me: You suck!
Kid: John Cena is a better champ. CM PUNK SUCKSSS!
Me: HE CAN'T BE IF HE'S FIRED!
Kid: *blank expression like I just told him Santa doesn't exist* Well, he will win it back soon!
Two people next to me: Who has the belt now?! Tha'ts right Punk does. *they make the motion of crying to the kid*
*Kid's father grabs him and I hear as they walk away "They ARE right you know."

#78 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Who were in the dark matches?
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#79 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events ADH
  • Pip

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

The dark match was a tag team match: Kozlov/Santino def. Otunga/McGillicutty.

Lenne - you summed it up perfectly. When Del Rio came running down the ramp (with us in the crowd not knowing that McM called for him to cash in), I could practically hear people getting their pitchforks ready - mine was already on standby. :rolleyes: A few seconds later, it was party time. By the way, did you see the guy in the front row that was a dead-ringer for Cena? During the Punk/Cena match, his sign said, "Cena meet Cena", while the rest of the time it said, "I'm taking a break with the fans". I ran into him after the PPV, and he took the Cena loss like a(n ex-)champ. I mean, he had the knee pads, armbands, walk, even physique matched perfectly!

Main Programming Staff

#80 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

LOL, I love Chicago crowds. :) I should have went there live! Shame on me for not doing so!

Right now for the Raw tournament going on now, I'm predicting Rey Mysterio will win the title then Senor Money in the Bank will cash-in and win. From there Cena will return either next week or the week after or we'll see someone like John Morrison return and fight Alberto Del Rio at Summerslam.

EDIT: Looks like we'll have to wait next week where it's Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz in the finals, I could see the same thing happening though. Cena is back, so if Alberto does cash-in and win, then we know what are Summerslam main event is. In the storyline world, it looks like HHH has taken over Vince McMahon's role as Chairman of the WWE. The tears on Vince's face almost made me think it was real... could it be?

With the current happenings with CM Punk, HHH taking over, if they play their cards right, MAYBE we could get a boom back in wrestling. It all depends where they go with it though.

This post has been edited by STVO: 18 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#81 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

My prediction: HHH vs CM Punk fued.

Hear me out on this. Anytime WWE releases a star or they end their contract they either move them to the alumni section or wipe them off the face of the website. CM Punk is still active as seen here. Jericho and Chavo were been moved the day after they were gone and Punk was removed when he was suspended indefinitely.

I'm actually happy Vince is going to take a back seat, he has worked way too hard for so many years. HHH I hate to say this, knows our generation better than Vince. He has played his cards very well but I'm still slightly weary of a former wrestler supposedly taking care of the day to day business. I was hoping it would be a few more years before this change would slowly transition.

Other note: I could never see Cena in TNA, perhaps former Thug Life Cena....not the current "I empty parents wallets so their kids can have all my merch," Cena.

One last thing, I <3 my new icon. CM Punk + wwe title + Cubs = Chicago dream

#82 User is offline   LC Asuka 

• Main Events ADH
  • Pip

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:28 AM

I can definitely see that kind of feud happening, especially after the doofus comments Punk made about HHH. Though I thought that Punk's actual contract doesn't expire until September...that might explain why his profile hasn't been moved to the Alumni section yet.

On a side note, I almost made that my new avatar myself. Instead, I went with one I'm whipped up for a different site. Either way, I luv it!
<3<3
Main Programming Staff

#83 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

After watching the PPV, I believe I saw Lenne's sign in one of the wide shots. They never gave a close up of it, but I do believe I saw it in a wide shot. =)

A Spectre of Reality...

#84 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

View PostUnlucky Slayer, on 19 July 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

After watching the PPV, I believe I saw Lenne's sign in one of the wide shots. They never gave a close up of it, but I do believe I saw it in a wide shot. =)

I actually didn't catch her sign, I did look but I must have missed it. :P

Also I can see HHH vs. Punk maybe in similarity to Austin vs. McMahon. The word right now (according to NoDQ.com) is that Punk will continue his title celebration around the country while WWE pretends he doesn't exist. Eventually he will return to challenge the current WWE champ (sounding very similar to Shawn Michaels-Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania X.)

Since HHH is now making the shots (even if it's technically kayfabe,) here are some things I would like to see:

1. HHH is allegedly a Jim Ross guy. He should bring him back to Raw. As much as I like Jerry Lawler (a guy I've met in person and is very nice), he feels a little lost on commentary without Ross. If they need to keep Michael Cole and make it a three-man team, so be it, but JR needs to be back on TV.

2. HHH needs to rid the WWE of the Anonymous General Manager. The gimmick is getting old and I'd rather have a physical acting GM or none at all and just have HHH come on and make decisions. If they go with a GM, why not Kevin Nash? He's on WWE payroll and needs something to do.

3. I'm hoping this leads to more wrestling and less talking. Last night's Raw was a good start (even though the matches were short because it was a tournament.) They should still have segments and interviews, they should be edgy (preferably TV-14 levels but don't need to be) but just kept shorter and not the whole show.

In other news: Sin Cara (the first talent to be signed by HHH to WWE) has been suspended for 30 days for a Wellness Policy Violation. Allegedly steroids. The dirt sheets are saying that he might be getting released. Well with the suspension, his botching on TV and his PPV match with Chavo, along with WWE having trouble trademarking the name "Sin Cara," I think this could lead to him being released. He is talented but I think they pushed him way too early and expected a lot from him (the trampoline entrance, adjusting to his new crazy but awesome mask, and those matching color lights when he had a match.) He had a hard time working his style as Mistico in Mexico to the WWE-style and not being able to speak proper English could hurt him (only because they do require the top stars to cut a lot of promos.)

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#85 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:44 PM

Watching the highlets of the ppv I almost regret not buying it. It seemed like a really would have enjoyed it. Sucks that WWE made such terriable ppvs over the years that I stopped caring for them. :(
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#86 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

http://www.411mania....c-Con-Panel.htm

CM Punk crashes San Diego Comic Con! Calls out HHH during a panel. :) I'm not the biggest fan of Triple H but if this leads to a match between the two at Wrestlemania 28, I'll really be into it!

This post has been edited by STVO: 21 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#87 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

Wow. Now this is what I think we've been waiting for for awhile. Even if this is all being planned and i'm being marked I don't even care. This brings back some of the awesome unprecdicable moments wrestling once had. :)

#88 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Member No.:

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

http://youtu.be/2NAvDqglbAE

Like a boss!

This post has been edited by SongstressLenne: 22 July 2011 - 08:48 AM

#89 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

He completely dodged the Zack Ryder question. :(

A Spectre of Reality...

#90 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Totally a worked shoot, and I still love it.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users