WWE/UFC/MMA/Boxing Fans?

#241 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 28 May 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

With this last loss, he'll probably be cut from the UFC.

Been banned by Dana.

#242 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

Last night's Raw was a mixed bag for me. I liked Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk (obviously not nearly as epic as their PPV match) and the tag-team match was good. While I'm glad they're giving the Big Show another push (and hopefully one that gets him a decent WWE title reign, I think he deserves one last one before he finally retires) his story just kind of bored me. The rest of the show was pretty forgettable as well.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#243 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

hello, so raw will bein chicago in september, i really want to go but i will be alone and i don't want to go alone. maybe i can meet someone who may be going.

also to post this video from the maker of "summer of punk", it is called "dragonborn: the Danial Bryan story"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdWqwNMAMt8&feature=player_embedded#![/media]

also i came when ziggler won MiTB he is one of the best right now.

no clow how the cana going to handle MiTB. it not in charater to sneak in and fast cash it like the ADR and danial bryan, but it always been a heal turn. i do like the idea of cena and punk at summerslam since there last match ended in conterversy.

This post has been edited by Visadin the insane: 16 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#244 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

http://youtu.be/ebN17xoJbLg

I miss when personas were over the top.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#245 User is offline   Immortal_Knight 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 62561

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 16 July 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

hello, so raw will bein chicago in september, i really want to go but i will be alone and i don't want to go alone. maybe i can meet someone who may be going.

also to post this video from the maker of "summer of punk", it is called "dragonborn: the Danial Bryan story"

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdWqwNMAMt8&feature=player_embedded#![/media]

also i came when ziggler won MiTB he is one of the best right now.

no clow how the cana going to handle MiTB. it not in charater to sneak in and fast cash it like the ADR and danial bryan, but it always been a heal turn. i do like the idea of cena and punk at summerslam since there last match ended in conterversy.

Is it being held at the allstate arena as usual? If so i uh....volunteer myself as i live quite close to the arena ^_^ even though i havent been following wrestling due to lack of cable/internet

#246 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

1000th Raw Tomorrow!!! Hope it's a good one!!

Caught UFC for the first time in a long time yesterday, wasn't a very good show. IMO
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#247 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

View PostSTVO, on 22 July 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

1000th Raw Tomorrow!!! Hope it's a good one!!

Caught UFC for the first time in a long time yesterday, wasn't a very good show. IMO

UFC 149 was a huge disappointment.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#248 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, UFC 149 was terrible. The undercard fights that were broadcast for free on UFC's Facebook page were actually pretty tight, though. One fight featured a victory by way of 7-second knockout. It tied for the quickest knockout in UFC history.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#249 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yeah it sucks because I haven't watched UFC in a long time and when I did, what a crapper of a show. I would have caught UFC 148 but I was at Anime Midwest that night and for me Cons > UFC (although I decided to pass on SoyCon so I could watch UFC in my area, lol.)

Raw 1000: Not a bad show but it was short of the usual WWE hype. I guess CM Punk is heel now (I wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion had King not say "Punk has turned his back on the WWE Universe." I mean Cena has given The Rock an attitude adjustment and remained face.) I kind of want Punk to be a tweener instead of having him go full blown heel (which who knows maybe this is what WWE is trying.) They do need to let him cut the promos he cut last year during the summer time though.

Daniel Bryan-AJ Wedding was your typical wrestling wedding. AJ as the new permanent GM of Raw? Really?!?! I'm glad they're trying to build a WWE Diva but I don't think this will be a good move in the long run. I enjoyed DB's interaction with The Rock but man I sure as hell hope we do not get a Daniel Bryan-Charlie Sheen feud like they hinted last night. That would be so frickin' stupid.

World Heavyweight Championship takes a back seat by having Sheamus be in a 3-on-3 match. Bret Hart's Miz introduction was hilarious, it looks like he is finally out of the Dog House. I enjoyed appearances by The Undertaker, Sean Mooney (that's really old school, I forgot he was on Raw, I thought he left the company before they started WWE Raw), the APA, and Lita, damn! She is still looking good!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#250 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostSTVO, on 24 July 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Yeah it sucks because I haven't watched UFC in a long time and when I did, what a crapper of a show. I would have caught UFC 148 but I was at Anime Midwest that night and for me Cons > UFC (although I decided to pass on SoyCon so I could watch UFC in my area, lol.)

Raw 1000: Not a bad show but it was short of the usual WWE hype. I guess CM Punk is heel now (I wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion had King not say "Punk has turned his back on the WWE Universe." I mean Cena has given The Rock an attitude adjustment and remained face.) I kind of want Punk to be a tweener instead of having him go full blown heel (which who knows maybe this is what WWE is trying.) They do need to let him cut the promos he cut last year during the summer time though.

Daniel Bryan-AJ Wedding was your typical wrestling wedding. AJ as the new permanent GM of Raw? Really?!?! I'm glad they're trying to build a WWE Diva but I don't think this will be a good move in the long run. I enjoyed DB's interaction with The Rock but man I sure as hell hope we do not get a Daniel Bryan-Charlie Sheen feud like they hinted last night. That would be so frickin' stupid.

World Heavyweight Championship takes a back seat by having Sheamus be in a 3-on-3 match. Bret Hart's Miz introduction was hilarious, it looks like he is finally out of the Dog House. I enjoyed appearances by The Undertaker, Sean Mooney (that's really old school, I forgot he was on Raw, I thought he left the company before they started WWE Raw), the APA, and Lita, damn! She is still looking good!

You should watch UFC 151 Sept 1st. Should be interesting watching Hendo fight an alcoholic.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#251 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

View PostSTVO, on 24 July 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Lita was a shocker for me since i thought she left on bad terms, with drama with edge and stuff.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#252 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 26 July 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Lita was a shocker for me since i thought she left on bad terms, with drama with edge and stuff.

Nah she's returned at least two times since then. One for the 15th anniversary of Raw, once when PeeWee Herman hosted Raw.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#253 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostSTVO, on 27 July 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

Nah she's returned at least two times since then. One for the 15th anniversary of Raw, once when PeeWee Herman hosted Raw.

Dont forget this year's Slammys to announce the Diva Slammy.
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#254 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Summer Slam was garbage.

RAW was meh. I'm sick of the same old crap storylines.
WWE better be going somewhere original with this, otherwise it just looks like they're trying to quell Cena's haters with the strong promo's and CM Punk heel turn.
No matter how much they try to make Cena look good, he's always gonna be boo'd by those who know better and sick of the same WWE BS.

Like like JTG last week, looks like management is burying Ryder for speaking up as well. He so over with the audience. Why did they kill his push?
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#255 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Looks like CM Punk is all the rage of news stories lately for his fan interaction recently.

#256 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Been a long while since this thread has been up...

As the ACen Wrestling/UFC/Boxing Thread General Manager, I instruct the return of this thread and a TAG TEAM MATCH PLAYA!!!!

Anyway, few things:

1. Did anyone watch the Women's UFC bout this weekend? Thoughts?

2. I will be going to the Ring Of Honor show on Saturday and TNA Impact on March 14th. Very excited as I've only been to WWE shows.

3. So far WrestleMania 29 is looking like weak sauce. Here's hoping we do see Taker tonight (he was at a house show on Saturday) and get out CM Punk vs Taker match!!! Not looking forward to Rock-Cena 2. :P

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#257 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Make sure to camp near the entrance ramp at the ROH show and keep yelling at the camera.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#258 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I forgot about this thread too and was looking for it because I wanted to see the first female UFC title defense. Was it any good?
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#259 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostPrayer Police, on 25 February 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

Make sure to camp near the entrance ramp at the ROH show and keep yelling at the camera.

Ooh, I'll keep that in mind!! :)

View PostDark Stranger, on 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

I forgot about this thread too and was looking for it because I wanted to see the first female UFC title defense. Was it any good?

Yeah, I was a little busier in life so I wasn't posting here as often. Also, I post more on the Facebook Anime Central page. Anyway, I didn't get to see the fight but seemed interesting.

Thoughts on Raw Last Night:

• CM Punk and Cena always seem to go well together in terms of matches. The outcome was predictable but it was damn fun to watch!
• Is Sheamus feuding with Wade Barrett or Shield? If it ends up being a match with Barrett, I'm cool but my god please stop trying to make Sheamus "funny." He's about as bad as Cena when they try.
• Old School Raw Next Week!!!!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#260 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

It was pretty good, Ronda won by armbar again. I felt bad for Dan Henderson in his fight. Kinda hard to hit someone when all they do is back pedal.

#261 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

View PostSTVO, on 25 February 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

Did anyone watch the Women's UFC bout this weekend? Thoughts?

I watched the UFC card. The match was a good one. Rousey showed, once again, that she is probably the best female fighter in the world at 135 pounds. I love that she sort of plays the "heel" role, similar to Chael Sonnen. I am a fan.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#262 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

Was a good fight and could have been FOTN if there were 4 more rounds of it.
Ronda is good but I still see her as a one-trick-pony.
Sure she has great judo takedowns and dat armbar but she hasn't really been challenged because the lack sub-defense/ground game of most women in MMA; just not a whole 'lotta depth.
It's like during the infancy of MMA where Royce Gracie kept submitting everyone.
(p.s. That Robertson kneebar was crazy/new)
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#263 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 26 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

You mean one trick pony as a publicty stunt for the UFC? Or a one trick pony because she's won all her fights with a armbar? Because if it's the latter, that's more funny since it's her oppenants faults for getting themselves into a postion where the armbar can be used.
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui

#264 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostDark Stranger, on 27 February 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

You mean one trick pony as a publicty stunt for the UFC? Or a one trick pony because she's won all her fights with a armbar? Because if it's the latter, that's more funny since it's her oppenants faults for getting themselves into a postion where the armbar can be used.

Yes

View PostPrayer Police, on 26 February 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Sure she has great judo takedowns and dat armbar but she hasn't really been challenged because the lack sub-defense/ground game of most women in MMA; just not a whole 'lotta depth.
It's like during the infancy of MMA where Royce Gracie kept submitting everyone.

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#265 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Why did my mind completely blank out that last part and I didn't see it? :wacko: That was stupid of me.

#266 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

Congrats to Bully Ray for winning his first world heavyweight championship. I gotta say he deserves it and I have to give TNA credit for making a guy most of us believed as a "tag team only" guy into a legit singles wrestler. WWE tried it once and IMO it sucked. Only problem I have now is all the ridiculous unneeded members of Aces and Eights. D'Lo Brown and Taz? I was fans of them back in the day but they can't even wrestle anymore.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#267 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

A few nights ago I was discussing stuff on Skype with some pals and for some odd reason the thought of the late Randy Savage having a storyline where he enslaves Jews and has to face Hulk Hogan where the latter has to free them from a steel cage match in Auschwitz by defeating Macho Man.

I couldn't stop laughing.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#268 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Anyone else excited for G.S.P. vs. Diaz this Saturday?

#269 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 12 March 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

Anyone else excited for G.S.P. vs. Diaz this Saturday?

I've been missing all UFC Fights (unintentionally.) Right now I won't say I'm going to try to watch because if I say I will I'll likely miss it. LOL

Oh yeah, I'll be at TNA Impact this Thursday. I personally can't wait! :D

This post has been edited by STVO: 12 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#270 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

Just bought my tickets to WWE Payback over the weekend. Anyone else going?

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users