• You cannot reply to this topic

WWE/UFC/MMA/Boxing Fans?

#211 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I haven't been to a ROH event in so long now. They keep falling on convention weekends :/

#212 User is offline   Monica Rial #1 Fan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61911

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

View Postbewd7879, on 10 April 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

I haven't been to a ROH event in so long now. They keep falling on convention weekends :/

I just wish we could see them on TV in Chicago, sucks that since the new TV deal you can't find them anywhere.

#213 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 10 April 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

We should really restart a separate MMA thread again.
Bellator is cool except for last week with Ben Askren. Man, is he boring!
Why doesn't Bellator just move straight to Spike now that the UFC is on FOX/FX/Fuel? Bellator has prelims on Spike.com already.

Hmm... I could go either way with Wrestling/MMA/Boxing as one thread or separate (then again, I don't think one person has talked about boxing since I started this thread, lmao.) We could make this exclusively a wrestling thread and make a new thread exclusively for UFC/Bellator/Pride/etc. What do the rest of you think? I'm not a mod so I don't have those powers but if the majority wants it split, I'll find one to do it. If not, talk about whatever in terms of fighting be it WWE, UFC, Pride, Bellator, TNA, ROH, boxing, etc.

As for Bellator, it is weird that Spike doesn't air it considering they still have TNA Impact Wrestling and that MMA Live show. Also I know there's rumors flying that Spike wants to rebrand to appeal to men and women but they did sign on two more years of Impact Wrestling on Spike and again they have MMA Live. I don't know whether it was in Spike's control or not, but they should have not dropped UFC, that was a big mistake. Spike's loss though is UFC and even Fox's gain.

View PostMonica Rial #1 Fan, on 10 April 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Well I'm looking forward to Extreme Rules, got my tickets. Going to be a busy weekend that one, what with me going to all 3 days of the convention, going to the Ring Of Honor show on Saturday night, and then Extreme Rules on Sunday night. Glad I set up my vacation that week. ^_^

Or as Daniel Bryan would say...YES! YES! YES! YES! :P

Oh and I guess Brock forgot he wasn't in the Octagon anymore. That was a hell of a swollen lip Cena was sporting after Brock was done with him. :)

Holy heck, you're going to ACen, ROH, AND Extreme Rules?!?!? My friend you are Extreme!! :D

I'll just be doing ACen and Extreme Rules. I'm doing an Extreme Rules pre-show huddle/meet-up. See the link in my signature for the Facebook event page. :) And yeah, Cena got a bloodied lip, lol. He was smiling it off though for most part.

View Postbewd7879, on 10 April 2012 - 09:47 PM, said:

For wrestling, I've only been to WWE events. One day I will go to ROH! Also I know they did it a few years ago, but I want TNA to come to the Sears Center (they did it for one of the Bound for Glory PPVs.) I don't think this year's Bound for Glory location has been announced yet, but maybe it can come back to Hoffman Estates. Please? If not, I hope Lockdown next year!

View PostMonica Rial #1 Fan, on 10 April 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

I just wish we could see them on TV in Chicago, sucks that since the new TV deal you can't find them anywhere.

Yeah I know! I would occasionally watch ROH on HD Net back when it used to come on. I've only watched the Sinclair broadcast online once, except for the occasional WWE Superstars episode (absolutely no NXT for me, that show is atrocious) I don't care for watching wrestling online. Maybe an old match or two, but a weekly broadcast, for some reason TV is my preferred method.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#214 User is offline   Monica Rial #1 Fan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 61911

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

Oh God, why would you want to spend money to see TNA?! I can't even watch Impact anymore. :thumbdown:

#215 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostMonica Rial #1 Fan, on 11 April 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

Oh God, why would you want to spend money to see TNA?! I can't even watch Impact anymore. :thumbdown:

Lmao! Yes I agree the shows can be bad but I have a few reasons:

1. I've only been to WWE shows, no other Feds.
2. I heard TNA shows you actually get to meet some of the stars there unlike WWE where you might be able to run into them at a restaurant/bar/wherever after the show but not at the show
3. X-Division, Knockouts, Kurt Angle, James Storm, and Bobby Roode and a few others do go all out on PPV unless someone (no longer Russo) messes up the booking. I do wish Hulk Hogan and Bischoff would leave though. Hogan as an on-air authority is lame. Honestly I was a huge Hogan fan as a kid but I'm tired of seeing him on Impact!!!
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#216 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

The Smackdown Blast from the Past special last night was ok, somewhat disappointing especially with what they did for Old School Raw. I was expecting the first Smackdown theme, maybe the set (and maybe the giant fist, lol), etc. it was cool having the Legends on board and I loved The Pipers Pit, but for most part it just felt like a regular Smackdown.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#217 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

http://mmajunkie.com...at-2-p-m-et.mma

I love watching live MMA at work.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#218 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 12 April 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

http://mmajunkie.com...at-2-p-m-et.mma

I love watching live MMA at work.

Nice!
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#219 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Speaking of MMA, did you see Bellator fighter Raphael Davis got busted for insurance fraud? Seems he filed a workmans comp claim back in 2008 for his fire fighter job and went 6-1 in fighting during his time off.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#220 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostIsamu, on 12 April 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Speaking of MMA, did you see Bellator fighter Raphael Davis got busted for insurance fraud? Seems he filed a workmans comp claim back in 2008 for his fire fighter job and went 6-1 in fighting during his time off.

I hadn't heard that, but that is hilarious.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#221 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

It's on ACen Saturday, but I figured I would share for those willing to drive to ACen to Navy Pier and back. I would but that's too far.

Sat Apr. 28, 2012 - 01:00 pm
Navy Pier’s Pepsi Skyline Stage, Chicago, IL, United States
Come meet WWE Superstar Sheamus and WWE Diva Beth Phoenix at Navy Pier! They will take part in a 15 minute Q&A followed by an autograph session at Navy Pier’s Pepsi Skyline Stage, Saturday, April 28th from 1:00 - 3:00pm.
Admission into the Q&A session is free, seating is limited (first-come, first-served). The autograph session is $35 per person, limited availability. Doors open at noon. Please visit www.navypier.com for more information.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#222 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

if it shamus i will go just to chant yes.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#223 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

I heard extream rules was good, punk won and cena got cheered for like the first time in ages in chicago. and it looks like it going to be d-bry and CM punk for the WWE championship at the next ppv. so screwing buying that.

#224 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostVisadin the insane, on 02 May 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

..... and it looks like it going to be d-bry and CM punk for the WWE championship at the next ppv. so screwing buying that.

So you don't want to witness the greatest wrestling match evar!?
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#225 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:17 PM

Oh I am buying. It. I mentioned the f word Amanda it change to that word.

#226 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Been awhile since I've updated here, ACen/Extreme Rules weekend tired me out (in a very good way). Extreme Rules has passed but if you would like to read my report, here it is: http://stvouniverse....semont.html?m=1

I will also be posting my predictions for WWE Over the Limit tonight or tomorrow on STVO Universe if you would like to read.

The reason I'm updating however isn't to shill my site (but hey I have to every now and then ;D) but straight from John Cena's Twitter, effective Monday July 23rd, WWE Monday Night Raw Supershow will be 3 hours permanently. I'm half and half on this move. If it means longer matches and more lower card talent on the show, bring it on. If it means more recaps from Smackdown, "earlier in the night" segments with more repeats, More Cena, and more Laurinaitis, then I don't like the move. :P

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#227 User is offline   Jang Hee Joon 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5162

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

My response to this thread as fan...

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

#228 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

View PostZSchleicher, on 17 May 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

My response to this thread as fan...

"Yes! Yes! Yes!"

I like hearing that and tonight when I go to watch Over the Limit at the Fox and The Hound, I will be wearing my Daniel Bryan "Yes!" shirt. What a victory if he beats CM Punk tonight. Would be cool but doubt it's going to happen. Lol. This match alone is making me go out to watch the PPV alone. Cena va Laurinaitis is making me cringe.

Anyone else watching Over the Limit tonight?

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#229 User is offline   Jang Hee Joon 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5162

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

View PostSTVO, on 20 May 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

I like hearing that and tonight when I go to watch Over the Limit at the Fox and The Hound, I will be wearing my Daniel Bryan "Yes!" shirt. What a victory if he beats CM Punk tonight. Would be cool but doubt it's going to happen. Lol. This match alone is making me go out to watch the PPV alone. Cena va Laurinaitis is making me cringe.

Anyone else watching Over the Limit tonight?

I have no luck with streams, so I'll most than likely look at spoilers on a couple of dirt sheets (credible ones) that I visit.

After this past Monday's Raw, it didn't really sell me on the PPV at all. Big Show/Ace and Cena/Ace segments went way, way too long. Then the tag match with Punk/Santino and Bryan/Cody kind of felt like they were just there. There's no doubt in my mind that Bryan/Punk will steal the show tonight. These guys have always had great, technical matches.

On a final note, the random "Yes! Yes! Yes!" chants throughout ACen this year was epic. I had never experienced such a crossover with fans like that until that point. I joined in on the fun, too. It was a great time.

#230 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Jon Jones totaled his Bentley and got arrested for suspected DUI.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#231 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:13 PM

CM Punk vs Bryan was epic
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#232 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 20 May 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

CM Punk vs Bryan was epic

Yes! Yes! Yes! I was at the edge of my seat for that match. Rematch for next PPV or next 3 PPVs are very much wanted from me.

The rest of the card was good too. Cody vs. Christian was a nice addition, the tag-team match was very fun, the battle royale was a nice way to start off the show, and I enjoyed the Fatal Four Way. Hell even John vs. John wasn't bad despite the very predictable ending. Had the great undercard and the 5 out of 5 star DB-CM Punk match not occur, I may have hated the main event, but since they delivered in all the previous matches I was very pleased. Kudos to WWE for putting on another solid PPV.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#233 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostIsamu, on 20 May 2012 - 03:25 PM, said:

Jon Jones totaled his Bentley and got arrested for suspected DUI.

Wooowwwwwww he f**ked up...

#234 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Lord Tensai is now Tensai. Why? Honestly they should either just drop the Japanese gimmick and call him Albert Bloom (or use his real name of Matt) or if they really want to keep him Japanese "Albert Tensai." Don't see what's gained by dropping "Lord" from his name.

In good news: the CM Punk-Daniel Bryan feud continues!!!! :)

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#235 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

Since living on my own and losing cable for over a year now I'm so lost in wrestling anymore. I try to keep up online and such but without actually watching the matches doesn't mean the same anymore. :( Just hearing about what's going on in TNA makes me scratch my head though, like "wtf are they thinking?"

Also is it just me or has love for UFC dissapadded after it became SUPER mainstream? I keep seeing promos up for matches and there is so many new guys in that I'm like, "who is this guy? Why should I care?" I still love the sport but it seems to be going too fast to keep up now.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#236 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:35 PM

I'll admit, I have fallen out of the loop from UFC. It's cool but I just don't keep up with it like I do with wrestling. Impact Wrestling I have fallen out of the loop with for most part however I'm interested in watching them because they're going live weekly soon. I just hope they put some energy into their booking though. Unfortunately I'm pessimistic with them.

Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk is going on and I'm really enjoying that!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#237 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

http://nodq.com/wwe/340106454.shtml

I missed UFC yesterday, but wow, Lesnar in attendance? The story I just posted is speculating he might want back in UFC already. Dang. Not surprising though, it is pretty lame that WWE booked him to lose his first match after making him look like such a monster upon his return. But he has to remember he has to at least finish his 1 year with WWE!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#238 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

How about Arianny getting arrested for domestic abuse.

#239 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

UFC was good last night. So many finishes.
Too bad about Jason Miller. His knee looked shot.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#240 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 27 May 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

UFC was good last night. So many finishes.
Too bad about Jason Miller. His knee looked shot.

I agree. I've been a fan of his for a long time now. I remember being stoked when he got that gib on Bully Beatdown. I thought that it would help him to become the first MMA fighter to attain mainstream recognition and success in America. Unfortunately, he needed to keep winning fights in order for that situation to even be a possibility. With this last loss, he'll probably be cut from the UFC.

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users