WWE/UFC/MMA/Boxing Fans?

#121 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

View PostPrayer Police, on 08 August 2011 - 09:15 PM, said:

That was a pretty good end segment on RAW, addressing the releases of Kozlov and David H. Smith.
Some kid had a ROH sign right behind the commentary booth.

I'll be at ROH this Saturday at 6:30pm but will try to be there earlier.

Definitely a good way to end Raw. That Rock promo on Cena is hilarious "You look like a red transvestite Wonder Woman!" No ROH for me solely due to Wizard World, but I'm going to have to start watching more of that soon. I will be watching Summerslam at Chicago City Limits on Sunday though. I'm thinking it's pretty obvious HHH is going to screw over CM Punk this Sunday.

Also, R-Truth is easily one of the funniest guys in the WWE right now. "Ain't nobody friends with spiders!"

This post has been edited by STVO: 08 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#122 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 11087

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

Summerslam was alright, I guess.
UFC on Versus 5 was pretty good.
ROH on Sat was really fun.
I stood by the left-back side of the entrance rail the whole show. I hope I'm on TV!!!
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

2014 cosplays: Doge......just Doge.

#123 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 60057

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

ROH was pretty freaking awesome! I was 7th row section A for the first half of the show, and after that I stood by the entrance area on the left side (if you're looking at the entrance area).

#124 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

SummerSlam Thoughts:
• First hour was weak with divas match (how the ---- did Kelly Kelly win clean?!?) and the concert. You know, I like Cee Lo Green, but I don't like concerts on PPV. 6-man tag/Sheamus-Henry was ok.
• Why are there commercials on "PAY PER VIEW?" It's one thing if it were for a WWE product, but I don't think it's fair to those who pay $45 for it (I saw it at a sports bar for free.)
• Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett was awesome!!!
• Loved the cameos by Jimmy Hart and Edge
• Christian vs Orton was good but I wish Christian could have been champ for one more PPV. I guess Orton feuds with Mark Henry next?
• Main Event was good, obviously not as good as Money in the Bank though. I'm surprised by Punk winning, more surprised by the jack knife from Diesel! I'm glad Alberto Del Rio finally has his chance as WWE champion, hopefully it will be a good reign. I'm thinking Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley-Levesque set all this up!

All in all a good show I'd say.

On a side note, I met Tammy Sytch this weekend at Wizard World. Real friendly and still smoking hot IMO. I also said hi to Tara FTP
TNA, Stevie Richards, Blue Meanie, and Harry (DH) Smith who I was real surprised to see there. I believe he wants to try MMA now that he's out of WWE, I wonder if it will happen?

This post has been edited by STVO: 15 August 2011 - 01:01 PM

1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#125 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:49 PM

Chris Lytle announced his retirement last night. At least he finished with a win.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#126 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

http://www.411mania....MMA/news/198491

UFC comes to Fox on November 12th! That's some real big news for Ultimate Fighting Championship!

UFC also has a seven-year contract with Fox so we'll be seeing specials and maybe the Ultimate Fighter will be moved to FX?

http://sportsillustr.../ufc-fox-spike/

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#127 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:12 AM

http://m.tmz.com/art...ased-wrestling/
So Matt Hardy has been released by TNA after his DWI incident. While it's easy to make jokes on the situation, I seriously really feel bad for him and his brother. Jeff is still facing what I believe is 5 drug charges (2 or 3 of them which are felonies) and earlier showed up at Victory Road messed up in a PPV main event for less than 3 minutes. It amazes me Jeff nor anyone in creative was fired after that. Matt does this, burned his bridges with WWE making several videos bad mouthing them to get him released, and he goes to TNA to pretty much be at the same level he was when he left WWE. To put things simply: those two need rehab!

Bill Goldberg hinted "a return" yesterday. He mentioned it isnt WWE and they can kiss his @$$. If he means pro wrestling, I hope not. He was very overrated and is way too full of himself in my opinion. He makes Hulk Hogan look modest. If he's going to TNA, how the heck will/can they afford him?

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#128 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

The only thing Goldberg had going for him was his winning streak. Other than that, he wasn't really a good wrestler nor did he have any personality.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#129 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 21 August 2011 - 08:23 AM, said:

The only thing Goldberg had going for him was his winning streak. Other than that, he wasn't really a good wrestler nor did he have any personality.

Exactly! I was impressed with his strength at first but other than that he had nothing else going. After his match with DDP I wanted him to lose the title right away. His WWE run was pretty bad overall. Some of it can be blamed on their booking but truth is he was never charismatic enough and didn't have enough in-ring skill to make himself work. Plus many people hold a grudge against him for injuring Bret Hart in real life to a point he had to retire.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#130 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 59429

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

View PostSTVO, on 21 August 2011 - 10:56 AM, said:

Exactly! I was impressed with his strength at first but other than that he had nothing else going. After his match with DDP I wanted him to lose the title right away. His WWE run was pretty bad overall. Some of it can be blamed on their booking but truth is he was never charismatic enough and didn't have enough in-ring skill to make himself work. Plus many people hold a grudge against him for injuring Bret Hart in real life to a point he had to retire.

This.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#131 User is offline   wolverine33 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 582

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:54 PM

[quote name='STVO'
[/quote]

That i didn't hear about :unsure:

#132 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:40 AM

View Postwolverine33, on 24 August 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

That i didn't hear about :unsure:

http://answers.yahoo...09043143AAs6niZ This explains it in more detail.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFYXYQ1gvCQ[/media] Here's where it happened.

One tragic tale going on in wrestling now is Matt Hardy. I mentioned already that he got a DWI in North Carolina crashing his 2009 Corvette. The same day he was released by TNA. He has been making multiple claims that he wasn't drunk or under any influence and that he was either "Controlled by Spirits" or "Saved by spirits" during his accident. He was rushed to the ER on Wednesday. I feel really bad for Matt as he once had some real talent and him and his brother Jeff put on some amazing shows back in the day. Speaking of Jeff, he has returned to TNA on tonight's Alabama TV tapings. He is claiming he has been clean since his embarrassing two minute match against Sting at Victory Road in March where he came out to the ring drugged up/drunk. Unless he really went to rehab, I don't believe it. In addition to that, he has made those claims in the past after being suspended for drugs in WWE then a few months later he gets 5 drug related charges which he is still facing court dates over today (he received these back in September 2009.)

For their sakes and the sakes of their family and friends, I pray they get well. I do think both need to stay away from Wrestling, Twitter, and Youtube for a good while though.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#133 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

View PostSTVO, on 26 August 2011 - 12:40 AM, said:

http://answers.yahoo...09043143AAs6niZ This explains it in more detail.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFYXYQ1gvCQ[/media] Here's where it happened.

One tragic tale going on in wrestling now is Matt Hardy. I mentioned already that he got a DWI in North Carolina crashing his 2009 Corvette. The same day he was released by TNA. He has been making multiple claims that he wasn't drunk or under any influence and that he was either "Controlled by Spirits" or "Saved by spirits" during his accident. He was rushed to the ER on Wednesday. I feel really bad for Matt as he once had some real talent and him and his brother Jeff put on some amazing shows back in the day. Speaking of Jeff, he has returned to TNA on tonight's Alabama TV tapings. He is claiming he has been clean since his embarrassing two minute match against Sting at Victory Road in March where he came out to the ring drugged up/drunk. Unless he really went to rehab, I don't believe it. In addition to that, he has made those claims in the past after being suspended for drugs in WWE then a few months later he gets 5 drug related charges which he is still facing court dates over today (he received these back in September 2009.)

For their sakes and the sakes of their family and friends, I pray they get well. I do think both need to stay away from Wrestling, Twitter, and Youtube for a good while though.

Yeah, Matt is definitely not right in his latest YouTube video.
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded
It felt really fitting for CM Punk to see Jeff Hardy on his way out. Even though Punk didn't explicitly disclose Jeff's drug use, he totally owned him on the mic. Jeff didn't have any legit comebacks.
Both these guys need to turn to CM Punk or Shawn Michaels for help.

Who's gonna watch UFC 134: Rio is Saturday?
I'm rooting for Okami against Anderson Silva but I really don't like his chances.

This post has been edited by Prayer Police: 26 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

FaceBook:Cedric Paul Mamuri DeviantART:PrayerPolice Instagram:PrayerPolice Pinterest:Prayer Police
Twitter:@PrayerPolice XBox gamertag:Prayer Police PS3 account ID:PrayerPolice Steam:Prayer Police

#134 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:51 PM

After watching the weigh-ins for the UFC event in Brazil I can't say I like Brazil to much. Every time an American fighter took the scale the crowd shouted "Vai morrer!Vai morrer!". Here's to hoping all the Americans win and tell Brazil where they can stick it.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.

#135 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

View PostIsamu, on 26 August 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

After watching the weigh-ins for the UFC event in Brazil I can't say I like Brazil to much. Every time an American fighter took the scale the crowd shouted "Vai morrer!Vai morrer!". Here's to hoping all the Americans win and tell Brazil where they can stick it.

Yeah. It makes the obnoxious "USA!" chants seem endearing.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#136 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

Any UFC thoughts? It was an okay show, felt pretty short to me though and no match stood out too much to me.

WWE fans: two nights of live shows as Raw is on tonight and Smackdown is live tomorrow! I wish they would move Smackdown to Tuesdays. Friday is a bad TV night and for the most part I'm a spoilerholic.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#137 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

"Spider" made Okami look like a chump. I seriously think that the only opponent who can take away Anderson's belt is Time.
"Thursday Late Night Meet 'n Greet" O.G. (the one at the bar, not that pancake one)

#138 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

I was pretty bored with the whole fight card.

#139 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

A bunch of quick matches but overall, lackluster. I found the Bazboza/Pearson fight to be about the most entertaining fight of what was shown. Erick Silva looked pretty good of what I saw of him. Will be interesting to follow Silva on his upcoming fights.

#140 User is offline   Prayer Police 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

Strikeforce on Saturday was pretty fun.
*Cormier punked Antonio Silva. Barnett vs. Cormier is gonna be interesting.
*Some sweet fancy kicks from Rockhold.

Now it's gonna be GSP vs Condit and BJ Penn vs Nick Diaz at UFC 137.
Overeem vs Brock Lesnar in December and Cung Le vs Vitor Belfort in Nov.
^^Post of the Day!!!!^^

#141 User is offline   YoungBirdcall 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

I don't get why Dana White punished Nick Diaz by making him fight BJ Penn instead of GSP. I get that he lost his title shot, but really, isn't that punishing the fans more than Nick? Dana could have fined Nick a hefty dollar amount and left the fights as scheduled. That way Nick gets punished and the fans don't.

#142 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

View PostYoungBirdcall, on 13 September 2011 - 12:52 PM, said:

I don't get why Dana White punished Nick Diaz by making him fight BJ Penn instead of GSP. I get that he lost his title shot, but really, isn't that punishing the fans more than Nick? Dana could have fined Nick a hefty dollar amount and left the fights as scheduled. That way Nick gets punished and the fans don't.

If this was the first time it happened Dana probably would have left the fights as they were. Add the fact Nick's manager supported Dana and this is what you get. I personally hope BJ knocks the crap out of him. If he pulled that crap in boxing, they would have revoked his license.

#143 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Jake Shields drops to 1-2 in the UFC, and good ol Mayweather Jr. wins again.

This post has been edited by Isamu: 18 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

#144 User is offline   Unlucky Slayer 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 30009

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

Well... We got ice cream... http://www.wweshop.c...amT1015x493.jpg

Shame it isnt the real ice cream bars.
In the darkness there is a singular being.

A Spectre of Reality...

#145 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:35 PM

Jon Jones defends his title and Matt Hughes probably will retire in the near future. The Mark Hunt fight was fun to watch once it got into the third round. Nothing like watching two out of shape heavyweights go fifteen minutes.

#146 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Wrestling/MMA/Boxing (Which hasn't been touched upon) Wise Fwom Yo Gwave!

I'm going to briefly touch upon WWE Raw tonight. After some pretty hot weeks (for the most part) this was one of my least favorite Raws in recent memory.

• The show actually started off surprisingly decent with the humorous but very entertaining HHH/CM Punk/John Cena/Sheamus four people operate Raw while everyone else is on strike (seriously, the reason they went in strike was so lame, IMO.) Then Vince McMahon came back and it was all downhill from there.

• John Laurinaitis AKA Super Dave Osbourne is the new Raw GM. I guess we'll never figure out the Anonymous Computer GM will we?

• The Air Boom/Mason Ryan vs Otunga/Swagger/Ziggler team match was ok. I hope Evan Bourne isn't injured IRL. I really like that team.

• JR is gone again?!?!? Cole/King are a terrible team! JR at least brought some life to the commentary!

• Why did the main event of Alberto Del Rio/CM Punk need to be interrupted? I'm glad Miz and R-Truth are back (very glad) but I wish they would have interfered closer to the end of the main event. It is what it is I guess though.

• HHH and CM Punk are teaming up on PPV, interesting.

Not to sound whiny (sure I am though), but from where they were going with the whole CM Punk/HHH stuff, it's somewhat of a let-down to me. Hopefully things will pick up again come Survivor Series.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#147 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

With RAW this past Monday, I'll do admit that it was a little weak on naming Lauranitus as the new IGM. They should of crammed that after the walkout.

I did enjoy that they attempted to do a 4 man show. I thought it could draw out for another hour. But it wouldn't work anyways since it's John Cena wrestling.

JR Fired - Damn... Well... I'm sure he'll be brought back later when the Lauranitus storyline is over.

Punk/HHH team Vs. Awesome Truth at Vengence? It'll be enjoyable, not memorable.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#148 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

I really wished that Alberto would have stayed the whole match, or most of it. WWE is too predictable sometimes :/

#149 User is offline   Visadin the insane 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 46337

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

I am going to try to look up ROH tomarrow durring my day off, i heard nothing but good things about it, i want to get back into Wrestling but i always can't stand raw and no way i am going to sit and wrash TNA.
ACEN 2012 cosplay: white mage (FF), male pokemon trainer (pokemon black)

#150 User is offline   bewd7879 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

Ring of Honor is indeed awesome! I haven't missed a show at the Chicago Ridge area since I started going Wrestlemania weekend in 2006...until Acen happened this year. Now I'm going to miss the November one due to Kollision Con too :(

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users