Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#961 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Having a dance party since there is a block of music videos playing. Dancing by yourself is fun but at times I wish I had someone who will help keep me moving.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#962 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Does anyone have that problem whre the morning after they work out, their ankles are really....sore? Uncomfortable? I don't know how to describe it.Lately when I wake up the morning after my workouts I need to stretch my ankles a lot before they feel normal again. I don't even know what it is. Maybe too much strain?

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#963 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostKii, on 05 March 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Does anyone have that problem whre the morning after they work out, their ankles are really....sore? Uncomfortable? I don't know how to describe it.Lately when I wake up the morning after my workouts I need to stretch my ankles a lot before they feel normal again. I don't even know what it is. Maybe too much strain?

What kinds of exercises are you doing? I have had ankle problems in the past, but exercising doesn't seem to do anything to them. Sometimes bowling is hard on my ankles though, and one will feel a little out of place and need to be stretched out.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#964 User is offline   MishaB 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17419

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

I had an issue with my knees when I started working out. It hurt a lot to bend them, and I don't have a history of knee problems. After a while it stopped. I think it was an adjustment period for my body since it has been a few years since I have done any major activity.
COSPLAY ACen 2013

Fri/Sat/Sun: Oerba Yun Fang
Percentage done: 0%

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

#965 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

My doctor told me to stop doing squats, leg press, and deadlifts. How am I supposed to build up my legs?
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#966 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

View PostIsamu, on 07 March 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

My doctor told me to stop doing squats, leg press, and deadlifts. How am I supposed to build up my legs?

First, get a different job. You need to focus your leg stresses on exercising. Problem is, your work also stresses the legs.

I'm currently stuck around 207.5 and 208 lbs. The proverbial wall. Gotta find a way to bust through.

I've somehow managed to stick with my diet..longest ever in my life. I've moved away from lean beef to chicken now that I have managed to perfect oven cooking for my meat sources.

This post has been edited by rondo: 07 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

#967 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Fitness folks should have a brief get together each year for a group picture.

#968 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Anyone have tips to ease lower back pain? I have a few excercises I do when I'm in pain.
Take A Good Look At Me

#969 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

View Postrondo, on 07 March 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

I'm currently stuck around 207.5 and 208 lbs. The proverbial wall. Gotta find a way to bust through.

I've somehow managed to stick with my diet..longest ever in my life. I've moved away from lean beef to chicken now that I have managed to perfect oven cooking for my meat sources.

I had a plateau around that weight, too. Going back to my logs, I think what helped was shifting around what I ate every day, and getting a more regular schedule in place. That includes going to bed at a decent time - I get my best results when I sleep for at least 8 hours.

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 07 March 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

Anyone have tips to ease lower back pain? I have a few excercises I do when I'm in pain.

Stretching helps for me. My husband will also help by massaging, but I find that stretching, a little exercise and rest does wonders. (Shoveling several times over the past month has done wonders for teaching me this.)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#970 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

My dad thought I hurt myself while shoveling snow which I never did get to do. I ended up sick in bed for the rest of the day. :( As soon as I'm better, its back to the gym to strengthen my muscles.
Take A Good Look At Me

#971 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 05 March 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

What kinds of exercises are you doing? I have had ankle problems in the past, but exercising doesn't seem to do anything to them. Sometimes bowling is hard on my ankles though, and one will feel a little out of place and need to be stretched out.

I've been doing squats and cardio, as well as calf lifts. That's the only stuff that I can think of that would be putting strain on my ankles. But I stretch before, during (when I get too tired to move a whole lot), and after workouts. So I thought that would help. Maybe I just need to stretch in the morning, too.

ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#972 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

If anything, you could also look into getting braces for them. (Not stiff boots, but something that will let you flex and pivot.) But you may also want to check with your doctor just to be sure.
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#973 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostKii, on 09 March 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I've been doing squats and cardio, as well as calf lifts. That's the only stuff that I can think of that would be putting strain on my ankles. But I stretch before, during (when I get too tired to move a whole lot), and after workouts. So I thought that would help. Maybe I just need to stretch in the morning, too.

It might be the calf lifts. I know with my ankles I wouldn't want to do much of that just because I have weak ankles.

Through kid stupidity(like jumping off of swings), I have torn the ligaments in both of my ankles, one happened around 1998 and the other in 2000. I do get some weirdness in them from time to time, but not really from exercising. I run outdoors and indoors, so that is a lot of stress on them. The physical therapy I did was basically taking a long strip of rubber and doing resistance stuff. You might want to try that to strengthen them. I don't remember specifically the types of stretches I did, so maybe you should try and Google that.

Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

#974 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

I finally benched my weight today. :thumbup:
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#975 User is offline   WatchJessieGo 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 63035

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Finally on Spring Break, so I won't have classes to distract me from exercise for almost two weeks! Looking to go from a 27 1/2 inch waist to a 26 1/2 and tone up my belly so I don't have that annoying little fat pouch thing -- not over the course of Spring break, but hopefully I'll make some progress. XD

This post has been edited by WatchJessieGo: 09 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

ACen 2015 cosplay:

Mairu Orihara - Durarara
Junko Enoshima - Dangan Ronpa
Komari Kamikita - Little Busters
Erio Touwa - Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

#976 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

I was finally able to get GOOD food for the first time in a month. Oh, bananas, blueberries and cuties, how I've missed thee! (And Sam's Club had my favorite salmon again! You have no idea how happy I am about this!)

Only sucky part about today? My hubby and a couple friends decided to go to a new Brazilian steakhouse in Schaumburg, and asked if I wanted to go. Not only did I have to sit out, but I had to explain to my husband why Brazilian steakhouses do not bode well for diets, especially those involving calorie-counting. Aiya.

#977 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 09 March 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

It might be the calf lifts. I know with my ankles I wouldn't want to do much of that just because I have weak ankles.

Through kid stupidity(like jumping off of swings), I have torn the ligaments in both of my ankles, one happened around 1998 and the other in 2000. I do get some weirdness in them from time to time, but not really from exercising. I run outdoors and indoors, so that is a lot of stress on them. The physical therapy I did was basically taking a long strip of rubber and doing resistance stuff. You might want to try that to strengthen them. I don't remember specifically the types of stretches I did, so maybe you should try and Google that.

Ouch! No wonder your ankles are weak. I suffered an injury as a kid from jumping off a swing but instead of landing on my feet I just threw myself face first into the playground pebbles, haha. I will definitely try the resistance band strengthening. When I wake up lately I have to sit there rotating my ankles a bunch before they feel even remotely comfortable. They are probably just weak since I've never really damaged my ankles. Not even a sprain.

View PostIsamu, on 09 March 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

I finally benched my weight today. Posted Image

Congrats! Posted Image

View PostValkyrie, on 09 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

I was finally able to get GOOD food for the first time in a month. Oh, bananas, blueberries and cuties, how I've missed thee! (And Sam's Club had my favorite salmon again! You have no idea how happy I am about this!)

Only sucky part about today? My hubby and a couple friends decided to go to a new Brazilian steakhouse in Schaumburg, and asked if I wanted to go. Not only did I have to sit out, but I had to explain to my husband why Brazilian steakhouses do not bode well for diets, especially those involving calorie-counting. Aiya.

Mmm, cuties. I've been eating a lot of raw vegetables and fruit lately out of pure laziness of not wanting to cook them. But that's healthy for you so win-win, I guess? And yeah, boyfriends/friends wanting to go out to eat really sucks, but at least you stuck with your diet! :D

#978 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Oh I don't mind going out - as long as I have the room for it, lol. It tends to happen more when I've somehow gone most of the day (or all) without eating. And it's a nice change of pace, too. But a Brazilian steakhouse? Nuh-uh. It's practically impossible to make the trip worthwhile and keep to a diet at the same time. In my husband's case, since he doesn't pay attention to calories and such, he had absolutely no idea what kind of impact eating there would have. He figures meat = protein = good = win, nevermind the fact that in those places (and normally, I LOVE eating at them) waiters come in droves with fresh meat, one right after the other. ><

I'm really picky with my fruits and veggies - there are some I won't touch at all, others I'll only eat when cooked in certain ways, and others I prefer raw, while some I don't care. The ones I have on hand now I eat raw, since it's a lot easier and faster (and not as messy).

#979 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

:B*^%*es about staying at same weight and wanting better outdoor weather to work out:

I'm glad I've been able to work out and "mostly" eat healthy. Right now I'm not really gaining weight, but I'm just kind of staying in the same spot. My main goal at this point is just to lose a little weight before ACen and then hopefully lose more after the con.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#980 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

I made kale chips last night and....I think I'll just stick to eating raw kale. Couldn't stand the texture/taste of the baked kale chips, but I love raw kale. It tastes like broccoli!

#981 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Besides getting slim for ACen now I have to get fit in time for my friend's wedding a few months later. Another point to get even more motivated in working out when I don't want to. Got keep moving! :zombie: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
Take A Good Look At Me

#982 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

I'm gonna do some body shock and switch up to a HIIT cardio routine. Body has stagnated with the weight loss so time to shake things up.

#983 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm getting close to the 20 lb mark! My good food is detoxing the heck out of my system, to the point where my usual shark week bloat isn't happening. (Certainly not complaining about that.) Gonna see about working out later this afternoon; I need to get myself used to walking longer distances for Kitsune Kon.

#984 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 11 March 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Besides getting slim for ACen now I have to get fit in time for my friend's wedding a few months later. Another point to get even more motivated in working out when I don't want to. Got keep moving! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Same! I've got to get in shape for a friend's wedding in the Fall (I'm a bridesmaid for his fiance, so I probably won't be able to avoid pictures) and even more importantly I have to get in shape for my own wedding. @_@
2 months to go until ACen!

#985 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostKii, on 12 March 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Same! I've got to get in shape for a friend's wedding in the Fall (I'm a bridesmaid for his fiance, so I probably won't be able to avoid pictures) and even more importantly I have to get in shape for my own wedding. @_@
2 months to go until ACen!

YAY! At least I know I'm not alone. I'm craving junk food big time and trying my hardest not to give in.
Take A Good Look At Me

#986 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

I've decided to kick it up too! My schedule has been 3 days a week for a while now, but I was doing the treadmill on Monday and elliptical on the other days. Now I'm doing the treadmill all 3 days for 30 mins, running for 25 and then a cool down. Monday is only treadmill since I have bowling league that night, Wed and Friday are treadmill + weights, "pulling" machines on one day and "pushing out" machines on the other day.

A minor setback occurred; I had a slight cold on Monday, so I'm only doing 2 days this week. There is a bad cold bug going around right now! Luckily my immune system is awesome and it barely hit me. My husband however didn't fare so well :/

#987 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 12 March 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

YAY! At least I know I'm not alone. I'm craving junk food big time and trying my hardest not to give in.

The best advice I've gotten is if you are really craving something and can't stop thinking about it, just have it. When you don't make yourself feel deprived, it's usually easier to stop at say, one cookie, instead of having like 10. :)

View PostJujuFox, on 12 March 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

I've decided to kick it up too! My schedule has been 3 days a week for a while now, but I was doing the treadmill on Monday and elliptical on the other days. Now I'm doing the treadmill all 3 days for 30 mins, running for 25 and then a cool down. Monday is only treadmill since I have bowling league that night, Wed and Friday are treadmill + weights, "pulling" machines on one day and "pushing out" machines on the other day.

A minor setback occurred; I had a slight cold on Monday, so I'm only doing 2 days this week. There is a bad cold bug going around right now! Luckily my immune system is awesome and it barely hit me. My husband however didn't fare so well :/

Get well soon! And I've started to kick it up as well. My friend and I are starting a routine of doing cardio together every day and alternating our strength training. She's got a mini gym in her house so it's nice to have the privacy and company of a good friend while I'm flopping around like a confused seal (aka working out, haha).

#988 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostKii, on 13 March 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

The best advice I've gotten is if you are really craving something and can't stop thinking about it, just have it. When you don't make yourself feel deprived, it's usually easier to stop at say, one cookie, instead of having like 10. :)/>

I concur. In fact, I went and bought a box of Do-Si-Dos last week from the local Girl Scout troupe - they're some of my favorite cookies, and honestly, there's no way I'm passing up helping the Girl Scouts for the sake of a diet. My only rule is, I only take from the box when I have calories to spare. Which makes for a nice treat every so often, since I'm eating them sparingly and not gorging them down in just a day or three. :3

#989 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

View PostKii, on 13 March 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

The best advice I've gotten is if you are really craving something and can't stop thinking about it, just have it. When you don't make yourself feel deprived, it's usually easier to stop at say, one cookie, instead of having like 10. :)/>

I win some and lose some but most of the time I forget them the next day but there are those who stick with me for days.

View PostValkyrie, on 13 March 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

I concur. In fact, I went and bought a box of Do-Si-Dos last week from the local Girl Scout troupe - they're some of my favorite cookies, and honestly, there's no way I'm passing up helping the Girl Scouts for the sake of a diet. My only rule is, I only take from the box when I have calories to spare. Which makes for a nice treat every so often, since I'm eating them sparingly and not gorging them down in just a day or three. :3

I agree if I see my favorite cookies then I end up eating it all which is why I buy the smaller containers as a treat.
Take A Good Look At Me

#990 User is offline   Phalio 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 26873

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

I'm happy to say I've been being very good diet wise the past week and while I've been exercising pretty regularly with the C25K and lunges/planks on the Wii Fit, I've decided to ramp it up to alternating the 30 Day Shred with Couch25k. Hopefully I'll have great result from this, I'm excited. :3

• 41 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users