Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#931 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

Not eating out is so hard. Restaurant food is so good. >_<

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#932 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 566
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

For lent I am going back to water only except for breakfast. Besides that I'm going to get my friend to keep going to the gym with me unless bad weather, sickness, family, and etc, get in the way I need to get back to the gym. I'm tired of getting sick when the weather keeps changing its mind. GO Back to warm weather or at least more sun light.
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#933 User is offline   rondo 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075
  • Posts: 1,384
  • Joined: 13-January 07

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 13 February 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

For lent I am going back to water only except for breakfast. Besides that I'm going to get my friend to keep going to the gym with me unless bad weather, sickness, family, and etc, get in the way I need to get back to the gym. I'm tired of getting sick when the weather keeps changing its mind. GO Back to warm weather or at least more sun light.


Water for breakfast? You know, they say it is the most important meal of the day...and I tend to agree with that mentality to some extent.

#934 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 566
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

View Postrondo, on 13 February 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Water for breakfast? You know, they say it is the most important meal of the day...and I tend to agree with that mentality to some extent.


I like orange juice in the mornings but that's only on the weekends. I read somewhere that drinking water first thing in the morning is good for you but I that didn't last long. Ain't nobody have time for that!
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#935 User is offline   Valkyrie 

  • Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041
  • Posts: 1,274
  • Joined: 21-September 04
  • Location:Mundelein, IL

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

I have a bowl of cereal with milk for breakfast. I'm told that dairy actually helps you lose weight (and apparently, it's doing its job with me). I always make sure to have water on hand, of course, but milk and cheese does a body good. :)
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#936 User is offline   rondo 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075
  • Posts: 1,384
  • Joined: 13-January 07

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 13 February 2013 - 05:18 PM, said:

I like orange juice in the mornings but that's only on the weekends. I read somewhere that drinking water first thing in the morning is good for you but I that didn't last long. Ain't nobody have time for that!


Yeah, they say that as soon as you wake up, you should down about 8oz of water immediately because of dehydration overnight while sleeping. And yes, dairy is good for you but you have to been smart about it. Cheese isn't exactly great for a diet..but cottage cheese before bed, that'll do ya.

#937 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

  • Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49931
  • Posts: 97
  • Joined: 14-February 10
  • Location:In the Saikyo Dojo, devouring ramen >.>!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

^ Yush. Cottage cheese, Natural Peanut Butter and No-Fat Greek Yogurt is great for snacking if low-fat, high-protein is your game.
Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Genderbent Edward (Cowboy Bebop)

#938 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 566
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

I would buy more healthy foods if everything didn't cost so much and my family didn't see them. It's like if you buy for one you must have enough for all. Anyone have room in their fridge for my stuff? Lol
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#939 User is offline   rondo 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075
  • Posts: 1,384
  • Joined: 13-January 07

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

I have a small fridge and it manages well for us..even when there is crap that clearly needs to be tossed out.

Sounds like you need your own fridge...or a lock.

This post has been edited by rondo: 14 February 2013 - 03:03 PM


#940 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

I lost an inch around my waist and an inch around my hips in the last 6 weeks.And a half inch here and there.And my lady-abs are starting to come in.Victory!

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#941 User is offline   MishaB 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17419
  • Posts: 279
  • Joined: 05-March 08
  • Location:Calumet City

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

Started Beachbody's Power 90 workout program 4 days ago. Sore like I have never been before! x.X If I keep it up, my last day should fall on ACen Friday and I will hopefully also have a better figure for my Oerba Yun Fang cosplay ^_^
COSPLAY ACen 2013

Fri/Sat/Sun: Oerba Yun Fang
Percentage done: 0%

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

#942 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

Yeah I'm on a mission to work out and eat healthy again. While I'm pleased to tell you since the last time I was on this page, I successfully completed the Chicago Marathon (my finish time was 6 hours 53 minutes.) I would like to do it again one day but this year I think I'm skipping the marathon to visit NY for their comic con.

Anyway, since the marathon I haven't been working out and haven't been eating the best. While I have no one else but myself to blame for it, I attribute it to my job's long commute taking up a large chunk of my day (leave the house at 5 am, get home around 6:30 PM.) That and some other things going on have lead me to work out less and I started eating bad. I probably said it before but I'm pretty sure I got the Oprah Winfrey virus with how I can lose weight and regain, it sucks.

Anyway, I'm trying to do yoga. I started last Saturday and am going again this Saturday. While not as good as I was in previous years, I'm hitting up the old DDR at standard (middle difficulty) instead of the higher one. The groundhog told us winter should be ending soon... It better!!! I want to go running outside in warm weather again... Gundamn it! LOL.

Anyway, my goal for ACen is to lose about 15-20 pounds before then and hopefully get into a work out routine to counter event changes and such (moving to a new place, long commutes, etc.). I hope you guys accomplish your goals as well!
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#943 User is offline   JujuFox 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794
  • Posts: 572
  • Joined: 12-December 09
  • Location:Carol Stream

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostSTVO, on 21 February 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Yeah I'm on a mission to work out and eat healthy again. While I'm pleased to tell you since the last time I was on this page, I successfully completed the Chicago Marathon (my finish time was 6 hours 53 minutes.) I would like to do it again one day but this year I think I'm skipping the marathon to visit NY for their comic con.

Anyway, since the marathon I haven't been working out and haven't been eating the best. While I have no one else but myself to blame for it, I attribute it to my job's long commute taking up a large chunk of my day (leave the house at 5 am, get home around 6:30 PM.) That and some other things going on have lead me to work out less and I started eating bad. I probably said it before but I'm pretty sure I got the Oprah Winfrey virus with how I can lose weight and regain, it sucks.

Anyway, I'm trying to do yoga. I started last Saturday and am going again this Saturday. While not as good as I was in previous years, I'm hitting up the old DDR at standard (middle difficulty) instead of the higher one. The groundhog told us winter should be ending soon... It better!!! I want to go running outside in warm weather again... Gundamn it! LOL.

Anyway, my goal for ACen is to lose about 15-20 pounds before then and hopefully get into a work out routine to counter event changes and such (moving to a new place, long commutes, etc.). I hope you guys accomplish your goals as well!


I've been there with the long commute ruining my workout routine! That's one of the reasons I don't want to have to work downtown again. It was so hard coming home around 6:30 or 7 and having to leave right away for the gym. Some days I was just too tired and hungry.

I'm not sure if it's working for you, but I actually did a yoga + DDR workout 3 times a week back in like 2009. It didn't do jack crap other than help me gain better balance and flexibility, and maybe a little core strength. I lost like no weight though.

As for myself I refuse to step on a scale until March! Back in October I said no to the scale. I was obsessing over it, and it's stupid to check your weight everyday since it will fluctuate day to day. I would gain/lose 5lbs constantly. Maybe it's because I'm a woman, but I got sick of seeing it going up and down and not going down fast enough. After a few months of consistently going to the gym I'm certain it'll be a much lower number. I fit into all my clothes better, and I'm even at the point where I can't wear a few pairs of jeans because they keep sliding down. I just hope I can come back and say I've lost 20lbs or some really big number! I wish I had kept track of inches lost too. I feel like I've lost a good 1.5 inches.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#944 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569
  • Posts: 457
  • Joined: 27-February 11
  • Location:under your bed

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Real people, real results. Some motivation for y'all. No excuses!
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#945 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 566
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 23 February 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Real people, real results. Some motivation for y'all. No excuses!


I read this over a big bowl of Special K cereal. I should hit the gym again, make it stop snowing and get me warmer weather!

I got to break out my new DVD player and start my fitness DVD again, I'm going to buy another one my friend recommended.

This post has been edited by MsLovelyCookie: 23 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#946 User is offline   JujuFox 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794
  • Posts: 572
  • Joined: 12-December 09
  • Location:Carol Stream

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 23 February 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Real people, real results. Some motivation for y'all. No excuses!


That's the site I get my protein powder from!

I don't ever want to look like those women though. :P The girls close to my height weigh in the 130's and that's like pure muscle. I'd be happy with 150's. I'd love to keep replacing fat with muscle, but I want to keep my womanly curves.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#947 User is offline   Kii 

  • Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629
  • Posts: 955
  • Joined: 07-July 09

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 23 February 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

That's the site I get my protein powder from!

I don't ever want to look like those women though. Posted Image The girls close to my height weigh in the 130's and that's like pure muscle. I'd be happy with 150's. I'd love to keep replacing fat with muscle, but I want to keep my womanly curves.


Well, it's a body building site so I'm sure that's what they were going for, haha. But I feel you, I definitely don't want bulging or chisled muscles. Just some nice lean tone would be nice. I haven't been working out very long and I'm already seeing pretty significant results in the way of toning, or at least way more results than I was expecting. I'm now at around the weight I was last April but I look much leaner from the muscle.
I think my favorite part about working out, though, isn't the weight loss or the way I look. I feel really accomplished when one day I can do a few more reps without getting tired. I started out doing 50 crunches a day and THAT was a struggle, and now I can do that many without breaking a sweat! It's fun to see how much farther I can push myself day to day. Working out has gone from the part of the day I dread to the most therapeutic part of my day. :)
About 2.5 months to go!

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#948 User is offline   JujuFox 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 45794
  • Posts: 572
  • Joined: 12-December 09
  • Location:Carol Stream

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostKii, on 23 February 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

[size=2]

Well, it's a body building site so I'm sure that's what they were going for, haha. But I feel you, I definitely don't want bulging or chisled muscles. Just some nice lean tone would be nice. I haven't been working out very long and I'm already seeing pretty significant results in the way of toning, or at least way more results than I was expecting. I'm now at around the weight I was last April but I look much leaner from the muscle.
I think my favorite part about working out, though, isn't the weight loss or the way I look. I feel really accomplished when one day I can do a few more reps without getting tired. I started out doing 50 crunches a day and THAT was a struggle, and now I can do that many without breaking a sweat! It's fun to see how much farther I can push myself day to day. Working out has gone from the part of the day I dread to the most therapeutic part of my day. Posted Image
[center]About 2.5 months to go!


I actually do still slightly dread going to the gym, but the feeling I get after I workout.... it just feels so good! I feel like I've accomplished something that day. Also, it is nice to look back and see how you struggled so much and now it's much easier. I do love that part, but I still have that lazy part of me that doesn't want to go through the hassle of going to the gym. Once I'm there it's fine though. I go at 11 AM, so there are hardly any people there and I can easily get on any machine.

What surprises me is how much better I can run. I started out in March (I think) running around a big lake at a nearby park. At first I thought it would be impossible for me to run the whole way around. It's about a mile. It felt like my lungs were going to explode and that my heart couldn't keep up either. After a few months though I found myself not only running the whole way around, but through the neighborhood to get to the park too. It was easy somehow! I'm not a runner, I hate running, and I don't think I'll ever like running... but somehow I can do it now. I forced myself to do it, I pushed myself, and I did it consistently. Once it warms up I'm going to go back and run around the lake on Mondays and do the gym(elliptical and weights) on Wed and Fridays. The treadmill is okay, but there's something so nice about running in the fresh air.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#949 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569
  • Posts: 457
  • Joined: 27-February 11
  • Location:under your bed

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 23 February 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

The treadmill is okay, but there's something so nice about running in the fresh air.

Cardio indoors is definitely a drag. I usually pick 3 cardio machines and do 10 minute moderate-hard intervals on each of them. It's the only way I don't shoot myself in the face due to boredom. For me, time flies when I run outside.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#950 User is offline   MishaB 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17419
  • Posts: 279
  • Joined: 05-March 08
  • Location:Calumet City

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Finally weighed myself today (well I got weighed today, my bathroom scale needs a new battery). I am now down to 168 lbs from the original 184 lbs I was at last year! :D

SO happy! *dances* Gonna keep up with my meal and workout plan and hopefully by the time ACen roles around I'll be near or at my goal :thumbup:
COSPLAY ACen 2013

Fri/Sat/Sun: Oerba Yun Fang
Percentage done: 0%

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage (Mythbusters)

#951 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostJujuFox, on 22 February 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

I've been there with the long commute ruining my workout routine! That's one of the reasons I don't want to have to work downtown again. It was so hard coming home around 6:30 or 7 and having to leave right away for the gym. Some days I was just too tired and hungry.

I'm not sure if it's working for you, but I actually did a yoga + DDR workout 3 times a week back in like 2009. It didn't do jack crap other than help me gain better balance and flexibility, and maybe a little core strength. I lost like no weight though.

As for myself I refuse to step on a scale until March! Back in October I said no to the scale. I was obsessing over it, and it's stupid to check your weight everyday since it will fluctuate day to day. I would gain/lose 5lbs constantly. Maybe it's because I'm a woman, but I got sick of seeing it going up and down and not going down fast enough. After a few months of consistently going to the gym I'm certain it'll be a much lower number. I fit into all my clothes better, and I'm even at the point where I can't wear a few pairs of jeans because they keep sliding down. I just hope I can come back and say I've lost 20lbs or some really big number! I wish I had kept track of inches lost too. I feel like I've lost a good 1.5 inches.


Yoga is making me feel stronger but on the weight loss end of things, could do more. I've lost weight in the past through DDR but I think my best success is through running. Either way I have a strategy I came up over the weekend to start working out during weekdays. Except for Mondays (wrestling night) and days of special occasion, my plan is to eat before I take the train home so I can do a workout when I get home (the ride is an hour away.) I'm testing it out tomorrow. I may get home a half hour or even an hour later possibly but if it helps me lose weight and get back on the work out routine, so be it. Hopefully this will be the case until I move downtown or get a job more close in ideal location.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#952 User is offline   rondo 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075
  • Posts: 1,384
  • Joined: 13-January 07

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Keep up the good work people.

#953 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 566
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

View Postrondo, on 25 February 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Keep up the good work people.


I'm trying! Lol

There are times I wish I was at a boot camp for weight loss that would return the money paid once I completed the program. Also I saw a Cross Fit being built in the area around my gym. If its ever complete, I'll give it a try.

Everyone: Don't quit! Get back to it!
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#954 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569
  • Posts: 457
  • Joined: 27-February 11
  • Location:under your bed

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 25 February 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Also I saw a Cross Fit being built in the area around my gym. If its ever complete, I'll give it a try.

I would go to a CorssFit gym if they all weren't super expensive. Normal gyms can get so boring. Regardless, paying for 1 whole year at my current gym is still less than one month at CrossFit.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#955 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

Today I'm testing my "eat in Chicago for dinner, take train home from work, then work out" strategy. Here's hoping this is the start of a successful strategy! :crosses fingers:

This post has been edited by STVO: 26 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#956 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

2 months of the gym, and seeing decent results. Tho I need to be a tad more strict on my calorie intake. I end up going a bit over my goals. Tho not overeating. Morning pushups and crunches help a lot too. Gets me energized for the day, and for the work out
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#957 User is offline   STVO 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452
  • Posts: 612
  • Joined: 22-May 11
  • Location:Chicago-ish Area

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostSTVO, on 26 February 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

Today I'm testing my "eat in Chicago for dinner, take train home from work, then work out" strategy. Here's hoping this is the start of a successful strategy! :crosses fingers:


Unfortunately a delayed train through a wrench in my plans for yesterday. Yesterday just ended up being pretty crappy overall, lol. Oh well, one more try with this strategy otherwise back to the old drawing board. :P/>


Also, way to go Xeno!!

This post has been edited by STVO: 27 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#958 User is offline   XenoBlade 

  • Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384
  • Posts: 5,066
  • Joined: 15-February 07
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

I need morning workouts myself. Good luck this time.

And thanks. I feel like my old self when i worked out everyday. Having a car helps so much with working out lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#959 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517
  • Posts: 566
  • Joined: 17-May 10
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on 27 February 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

Having a car helps so much with working out lol


Once my friends car broke down we have been going less and less to the gym, unless we get her mom's car, but working out at home helps some but it's not enough when you are the only one working out. No more snow please! I want to start going back without the risk of getting sick again.

Until then dancing is all I got. :happydance:
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...


Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#960 User is offline   Valkyrie 

  • Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041
  • Posts: 1,274
  • Joined: 21-September 04
  • Location:Mundelein, IL

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

FINALLY broke 202 today. I'm now at 201.4, for a total of 15.4 lbs lost thus far. (Define irony, this was after James and I hit up Outback Steakhouse for dinner last night. Apparently I made some good calls saving half my dinner for today and splitting dessert with him.)

Gonna get back into working out this week - I got hit with another nasty cold that's finally fading out - and since we got our tax refund, I can get back into healthy food again. Mmmmyes.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

  • 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users