Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#91 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:51 AM

Magnishine and Motoko, I hope things are going well with your surgery/blood work. :) Best of luck Mag!

Short update on myself:

• I just weighed myself: I'm at 168. It's one pound down from last time. While I wish it was more, I'm pretty pleased because I've been a little more tired recently for some reason and only did 4 days of working out than the usual 5. Ii think I need to get more sleep. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#92 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:02 AM

View PostSTVO, on 19 July 2011 - 07:51 AM, said:

Magnishine and Motoko, I hope things are going well with your surgery/blood work. :) Best of luck Mag!

Short update on myself:

• I just weighed myself: I'm at 168. It's one pound down from last time. While I wish it was more, I'm pretty pleased because I've been a little more tired recently for some reason and only did 4 days of working out than the usual 5. Ii think I need to get more sleep. :)

After a while weight loss can slow down and you can start to plateau. Even though we feel tired after workouts, sometimes your body gets used to what it is doing so there's two things that could help. :) 1. is change up your routine a little bit. Maybe try different machines if you go to a gym or try out different exercises (like instead of doing crunches, go into a crunch position then try to hold your self up for 30 seconds or try planks/bridges). Or you might just want to go up in weight if you're lifting or do more reps. I get this a lot, and it's nice because it tells me I need to step it up more if I want to lose more weight. It shows to me with running (well when i was lol) A LOT. I'd be going for 3 miles, and I noticed I wouldn't be getting results like usual, stepped it up to 6, and things were going in the direction I wanted again.

And sleep helps you lose weight. :3 http://www.better-sl...s-of-sleep.html here's a laymen's terms article about it in case you wanted to know anything. ^_^ I'd get into the physiology and how it works but I highly doubt you all want to hear that long story. hahahaha :3 Keep going everyone!!!

And Mag, best of luck again with surgery, you're on the way to success I know it!!! ^_____^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#93 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

Too add to Mokoto's tips, something for the ladies to remember: if you haven't already seen this trend, you'll likely see plateauing at least once a month. I know I do, and that's when my least favorite Auntie is on the approach/visiting. (YAY for water weight! -_-) As annoying as it is, just remember not to overdo it with your strategy in an effort to "catch up" - your body will correct itself anyway once dear Auntie has left. Keep up your diet/exercise, but most of all stay hydrated. I can't stress that last part enough...especially since, more than once, I've made the mistake of not drinking enough water during that week.

On sleep: I can attest that this does indeed help - a LOT. I try to get as close to 7 or 8 hours of sleep as I can - this gives my body enough time to burn through some of the food-weight I've packed in during the course of the day. If this works, I won't just burn off the food-weight, but I'll have lost a slight bit more in addition. This way, by the end of the week, I'll have (hopefully) lost 2 full pounds, or close to it.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#94 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

View PostValkyrie, on 19 July 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

Too add to Mokoto's tips, something for the ladies to remember: if you haven't already seen this trend, you'll likely see plateauing at least once a month. I know I do, and that's when my least favorite Auntie is on the approach/visiting. (YAY for water weight! -_-) As annoying as it is, just remember not to overdo it with your strategy in an effort to "catch up" - your body will correct itself anyway once dear Auntie has left. Keep up your diet/exercise, but most of all stay hydrated. I can't stress that last part enough...especially since, more than once, I've made the mistake of not drinking enough water during that week.

On sleep: I can attest that this does indeed help - a LOT. I try to get as close to 7 or 8 hours of sleep as I can - this gives my body enough time to burn through some of the food-weight I've packed in during the course of the day. If this works, I won't just burn off the food-weight, but I'll have lost a slight bit more in addition. This way, by the end of the week, I'll have (hopefully) lost 2 full pounds, or close to it.

I totally agree. Our lest favorite Auntie always tricks me in that I've gained weight, but it's just an affect of it. I'll gain like 3 pounds from it, and when it's done, ill be back at where I was....O.o

Yeah when you sleep your brain is working SOOO much and not to get too detailed in to physiology, but the process of firing neurons and processing information takes a LOT of energy to do, so you're burning calories for sure. I mean it's not like you're running but its substantial that your body does need food reserves to do it.... It's cool stuff.

Oh oh oh! I gotz an update! Sooo my blood tests came back...and everything was fine but 1 test...the Protein S test. Basically it says I have low amounts of a protein in the blood which naturally helps it not clot. now because of that I need to get another blood test later and that factor tells us if my Protein S levels are low from myself originally or the blood thinners did it....so after my meds I'll get that test. So basically more blood tests follow me...I'm pretty used to getting hit with needles. XD But then I found out I just don't have 2 blood clots...I have 4. 3 in the right lung, 1 in the left. But the left always hurts because it's a "big baby" as the hospital called it....BUT I'M FREE TO WORK OUT AGAIN! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! The hematologist said I'm free to work out to what I can handle pain wise, but he's like "be active! be active!" SO IM LIKE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" so that means...

I'M BACK IN THE GAME TO JOIN YOU ALL ACTIVELY (HAHAHA) THIS TIME! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#95 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 20 July 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

I totally agree. Our lest favorite Auntie always tricks me in that I've gained weight, but it's just an affect of it. I'll gain like 3 pounds from it, and when it's done, ill be back at where I was....O.o

Yeah when you sleep your brain is working SOOO much and not to get too detailed in to physiology, but the process of firing neurons and processing information takes a LOT of energy to do, so you're burning calories for sure. I mean it's not like you're running but its substantial that your body does need food reserves to do it.... It's cool stuff.

Oh oh oh! I gotz an update! Sooo my blood tests came back...and everything was fine but 1 test...the Protein S test. Basically it says I have low amounts of a protein in the blood which naturally helps it not clot. now because of that I need to get another blood test later and that factor tells us if my Protein S levels are low from myself originally or the blood thinners did it....so after my meds I'll get that test. So basically more blood tests follow me...I'm pretty used to getting hit with needles. XD But then I found out I just don't have 2 blood clots...I have 4. 3 in the right lung, 1 in the left. But the left always hurts because it's a "big baby" as the hospital called it....BUT I'M FREE TO WORK OUT AGAIN! YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! The hematologist said I'm free to work out to what I can handle pain wise, but he's like "be active! be active!" SO IM LIKE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" so that means...

I'M BACK IN THE GAME TO JOIN YOU ALL ACTIVELY (HAHAHA) THIS TIME! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :3

*floats around giggling*

Tekoronian RNA has been succuessfully integrated X3

i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#96 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

View PostTekoMuto, on 20 July 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

*floats around giggling*

Tekoronian RNA has been succuessfully integrated X3

Yay :3 It's like we're merging like the Puppet Master and Motoko... ;3 me likey :3

#97 User is offline   benihime 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60790

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

my weight loss goal for next year peroid is 15 pounds, which i've been trying to lose for a year. I've gained and lost 5-7 pounds in the past year. sigh. I WILL DO IT!!!!

#98 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 15 July 2011 - 09:18 AM, said:

my goal is 170 :3

soon....:)

SOON.....

My goal too! But if I can't reach 170 by then, I'm aiming for 190-200. I'm tired of my weight! I always feel really awkward because my jeans always wear out between my legs from them rubbing against each other, and it makes my seat warm quick, so when someone else sits in my chair, it's like if they sat there for days when I sat there for probably 2 hours. Let's BOTH reach our goals baby!

LET's GET FIT PEOPLE! SHOW THE WORLD NERDS AREN'T ALL FAT!
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#99 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

Well. Tomorrow is the big day. My surgery is set for 8am EST. Wish me luck everyone. I'll let you guys know as soon as I'm able how it went
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#100 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

View Postmagishine, on 24 July 2011 - 07:23 PM, said:

Well. Tomorrow is the big day. My surgery is set for 8am EST. Wish me luck everyone. I'll let you guys know as soon as I'm able how it went

Mag good luck man and everything is going to go great I know it!!!! It's a big day for a long life of health and longevity! We are here for you for all the motivation and that extra support system when you need it! You go man! GO GO GO!

And I can't wait to hear updates on your road to recovery and awesome healht in general and AWESOME COSPLAY YEAAAAAAAH! :shuriken: :happydance: :highfive:

#101 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

update for everyone. I got out of surgery and the recovery room about 3 hours ago. I'm in a bit of pain but otherwise I'm ok. just did one lap of the surgical area and 16 laps equals al1 miles. more updates as we go along. thank you to everyone for their well wishes and support. ill keep you guys updated as we go.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#102 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

Today my mom and grandma both said I looked thinner and have more of a hour-glass figure. Though i was wearing a black shirt, so it maybe not be an impartial noticing. Though anyway, I feel a little lighter. So I'm happy with that :)

#103 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

View Postmagishine, on 25 July 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

update for everyone. I got out of surgery and the recovery room about 3 hours ago. I'm in a bit of pain but otherwise I'm ok. just did one lap of the surgical area and 16 laps equals al1 miles. more updates as we go along. thank you to everyone for their well wishes and support. ill keep you guys updated as we go.

Alright! I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Look forward to hearing the updates.

View PostOtakuChica, on 25 July 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Today my mom and grandma both said I looked thinner and have more of a hour-glass figure. Though i was wearing a black shirt, so it maybe not be an impartial noticing. Though anyway, I feel a little lighter. So I'm happy with that :)

That's what I like to hear! :)

I'll do a weigh-in on Friday and let you all know how I'm doing. I've been attempting to run more in the heat, hoping it gets better soon.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#104 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:00 PM

View PostSTVO, on 25 July 2011 - 09:53 PM, said:

That's what I like to hear! :)

I'll do a weigh-in on Friday and let you all know how I'm doing. I've been attempting to run more in the heat, hoping it gets better soon.

Why thank you, but I was really surprised when they mentioned this because I haven't been working out lately because my mom doesn't want to go to the gym when it's 98 degrees out or when there's a storm, but I'm trying to find some workout to do at home. I would do a weigh-in, but i never knew my EXACT weight in the beginning, I always rounded, so if i did loose weight, I wouldn't know exactly how much. Once I weigh myself tomorrow, i'll start doing weigh-ins.

#105 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

Holding steady at 130. I sure would like to see 135. Damn heat doesn't help.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#106 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

Weather has sucked to go running. And I really want to try. I was going to this morning, then there was a thunder storm. >_> I'm tired of doing indoor workouts. XD I'd like to do weigh -ins, but I'm really scared what the scale will say, and 2. the scale I had totally broke so the only one I have is in Chicago, at my school's gym. So when school starts, I'll be doing weigh-ins.

#107 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

Today at I weighed myself in the afternoon, while wearing jean shorts and I weighed 233. I really wanna hit 200 or lower.

#108 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 27 July 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Today at I weighed myself in the afternoon, while wearing jean shorts and I weighed 233. I really wanna hit 200 or lower.

That's awesome since you said how your mom and grandmother noticed you're looking like you have lost weight. That's a good goal to have as well. But just a quick piece of advice, your weight is your exact after the moment you wake up in the morning--so weigh yourself then. Because then you don't have the days' food/waste etc in your body which believe it or not can add a few pounds. In the morning that's gone since you haven't eaten yet since you just got up. ^_^ Go go go go! :D

#109 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 27 July 2011 - 03:17 PM, said:

That's awesome since you said how your mom and grandmother noticed you're looking like you have lost weight. That's a good goal to have as well. But just a quick piece of advice, your weight is your exact after the moment you wake up in the morning--so weigh yourself then. Because then you don't have the days' food/waste etc in your body which believe it or not can add a few pounds. In the morning that's gone since you haven't eaten yet since you just got up. ^_^ Go go go go! :D

I always forget that! But I've been told even, you might not loose pounds, but you might become slimmer. It discourages me because it's a large number for a 13 year old girl, but then again, I can from a bigger-framed family and I'm taller.

#110 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

Don't feel discouraged! You'll reach your goals. I know it! As Naruto's sensei always said "I'm not David Bowie!"

....that didn't help did it? You'll do great and you'll feel great too! Believe it! (there we go)
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#111 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

View Postmagishine, on 27 July 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

Believe it! (there we go)

UGH! THAT HORRIBLE PHRASE! Lol. Thanks, though. But, the thing is, I don't feel BAD about myself, just a bit insecure. My friend from school is one of the skinniest girls I've ever met and she says she's obese. I say she's not and she argues back by saying "I BROKE THE PLAYS' BENCH BY SITTING ON IT I AM FAT!" I'm way bigger than her, so what would that make me? The world's most obese teenager? It's like that. I just feel a bit embarrassed sometimes. If I weighed like 160, I wouldn't believe it, I weighed that in fourth grade! God, am I a chubby-chub. Like Chouji! :)

#112 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:29 PM

Absolutely not. you're still young and when I was about that age my metabolism and I never got along. But it picked up in high school. You've got the right mentality to loose the weight. Just don't push too hard k?
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#113 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 27 July 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

UGH! THAT HORRIBLE PHRASE! Lol. Thanks, though. But, the thing is, I don't feel BAD about myself, just a bit insecure. My friend from school is one of the skinniest girls I've ever met and she says she's obese. I say she's not and she argues back by saying "I BROKE THE PLAYS' BENCH BY SITTING ON IT I AM FAT!" I'm way bigger than her, so what would that make me? The world's most obese teenager? It's like that. I just feel a bit embarrassed sometimes. If I weighed like 160, I wouldn't believe it, I weighed that in fourth grade! God, am I a chubby-chub. Like Chouji! :)

Don't call yourself that. Because if you make fun of yourself it's like people calling you fat. You're still young but its awesome you're realizing that you would like to change and make youself better. That makes you more mature than anyone in your school and you're fixing you habits that you find are bad right away. And here's the thing, a lot of those skinny girls have NO STRENGTH whatsoever. And I'M NOT SAYING ALL but I had a friend, okay her metabolism is one I would kill for--she hate boxes of cookies for dinner, ate Pizza take out like everyday, and would eat white bread for lunch and more cookies. And never gained a pound and hasn't ran a mile in her life. But in gym we were lifting weights....I'm dead serious she couldn't curl a 5 pound dumbbell, and I'm sitting there curling 15s. Don't feel bad about yourself at all. I know how it is to be the "chubby one" I was kinda chubby when I was your age too...but like you I fixed my ways and joined cross country running and tried to get my weight off and live healthier.

And you won't be like Chouji for long....you'll soon be sexy like Sakura! :D \(^0^)/

#114 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 27 July 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

Don't call yourself that. Because if you make fun of yourself it's like people calling you fat. You're still young but its awesome you're realizing that you would like to change and make youself better. That makes you more mature than anyone in your school and you're fixing you habits that you find are bad right away. And here's the thing, a lot of those skinny girls have NO STRENGTH whatsoever. And I'M NOT SAYING ALL but I had a friend, okay her metabolism is one I would kill for--she hate boxes of cookies for dinner, ate Pizza take out like everyday, and would eat white bread for lunch and more cookies. And never gained a pound and hasn't ran a mile in her life. But in gym we were lifting weights....I'm dead serious she couldn't curl a 5 pound dumbbell, and I'm sitting there curling 15s. Don't feel bad about yourself at all. I know how it is to be the "chubby one" I was kinda chubby when I was your age too...but like you I fixed my ways and joined cross country running and tried to get my weight off and live healthier.

And you won't be like Chouji for long....you'll soon be sexy like Sakura! :D \(^0^)/

Oh no! You guys misunderstood me! I was just saying, in my friends' eyes she thinks she's fat, and she knows I'm bigger than her, what would that make her to her? (MAYBE she thinks that) I was using that phrase as an example. I don't see myself that way! I admit I'm heavier than I probably should be, but I just say I'm really chubby. I used to do sports, but since I rely on my single mom, since can't afford for me to do extra stuff like sports. But I try out for school sports like volleyball. I hate running, so cross country's out, but I kinda like soccer. Just one problem, it interferes with my drama club. :( Too many choices man, just too many. TT_TT But thanks so much for the support Motoko and magishine. You guys give me more hope than I can ask for. :)

#115 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

^ Y'all can lose weight fo sho! When it comes down to it, the only person's opinion that matters is your own. If you don't truly believe in yourself, who else will? The will to change comes from the depths... from within... from your HEART!!! But yeah, believe to achieve.
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#116 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 27 July 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

Oh no! You guys misunderstood me! I was just saying, in my friends' eyes she thinks she's fat, and she knows I'm bigger than her, what would that make her to her? (MAYBE she thinks that) I was using that phrase as an example. I don't see myself that way! I admit I'm heavier than I probably should be, but I just say I'm really chubby. I used to do sports, but since I rely on my single mom, since can't afford for me to do extra stuff like sports. But I try out for school sports like volleyball. I hate running, so cross country's out, but I kinda like soccer. Just one problem, it interferes with my drama club. :( Too many choices man, just too many. TT_TT But thanks so much for the support Motoko and magishine. You guys give me more hope than I can ask for. :)

Oh, I'm sorry. But we are always here for support! And drama club is awesome! Be in that. I did set crew in HS and was on a paid Techie. It's so fun. But as long as you work out on your own, you don't need to do sports. And always believe in yourself! ^_^ That goes for all of us here for sure. ^_^ We are all in this together! :D

#117 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 27 July 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

Oh, I'm sorry. But we are always here for support! And drama club is awesome! Be in that. I did set crew in HS and was on a paid Techie. It's so fun. But as long as you work out on your own, you don't need to do sports. And always believe in yourself! ^_^ That goes for all of us here for sure. ^_^ We are all in this together! :D

exactly. I was also in drama in High School. People don't believe you but you can burn a lot of calories doing that. It's all about having fun and supporting each other doing it.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#118 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 27 July 2011 - 04:07 PM, said:

I always forget that! But I've been told even, you might not loose pounds, but you might become slimmer. It discourages me because it's a large number for a 13 year old girl, but then again, I can from a bigger-framed family and I'm taller.

Ah, don't get discouraged. Toning is good for the body, and it's a good indicator of progress, to boot. Trust me, you won't always lose weight after sleeping - this can happen if you eat a big meal, or a nice helping of carbs/sodium. (My metabolism likes to punish me for eating too much of either. One outing for Chinese can take me a day or three to burn off.) I also find that eating too close to bedtime can impact weight loss a tiny bit, too. Not too much, mind, but it can happen - especially when you don't end up sleeping well on top of it.
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#119 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 27 July 2011 - 07:33 PM, said:

Ah, don't get discouraged. Toning is good for the body, and it's a good indicator of progress, to boot. Trust me, you won't always lose weight after sleeping - this can happen if you eat a big meal, or a nice helping of carbs/sodium. (My metabolism likes to punish me for eating too much of either. One outing for Chinese can take me a day or three to burn off.) I also find that eating too close to bedtime can impact weight loss a tiny bit, too. Not too much, mind, but it can happen - especially when you don't end up sleeping well on top of it.

Well, I never eat late unless it's a messed up day and have a really late lunch at like four in the afternoon. I try not to eat after 8:30 PM. Does having trouble falling asleep affect weight loss? I always have trouble falling asleep. I'll go to bed at around 10 or 10:30, and won't fall asleep until midnight or later. The night owl I am, it's a blessing and a curse.

#120 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:24 PM

In my case, it can. I find it's easier to lose weight when I get a steady amount of sleep each night. Usually I try to get between 7 and 8 hours of snooze time. But then I have nights where I can't sleep well...or like in Sunday's case, when I went to see Harry Potter in IMAX at 10pm, and didn't get to sleep until 1:30am. (And I had to be up at 5:30 for work.) In those cases, I really don't lose much, since my body can't get enough time to burn through what I've eaten all day.

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users