Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#811 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

View PostHiroEcks, on 02 June 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

Why hasn't everyone just swallowed a tapeworm yet? Think of it as your weight loss partner/coach.

The butterflies in my stomach killed mine. :(
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#812 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostSTVO, on 02 June 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

I already have two.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#813 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

View PostSTVO, on 02 June 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

you can buy them online.

http://www.tapewormeggs.com/
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#814 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ordered. Hello swim season!

My favorite part of the website.

"LOOSE WEIGHT EASILY
PLAY PRETTY GOOD JOKE ON FRIENDS
MAKE SCIENTIFIC PROJECT OR MEDICAL EXPERIMENTS"

This post has been edited by HiroEcks: 04 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#815 User is offline   Sarahlicious 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 61869

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Why hasn't everyone just swallowed a tapeworm yet? Think of it as your weight loss partner/coach.

http://youtu.be/5GJGDw1mEjc

On a more serious note:

If any of you need a way to keep track of your calorie intake, track/manage weight loss goals try loseit. It is also available as an App for your smartphone! It may be tedious but counting calories is a really good way to ensure you're eating what you should. 1 pound of fat is equivalent to 3500 calories! Depending on how fast or slow you want to lose the weight (It is advised that no more than 2 lbs a week should be lost. The faster you lose it, the more likely you are to gain it back) you need to figure out how many calories you burn naturally at rest. This is a simple equation that will give you an approximated number (this app/website does the calculation for you!)

So for example, if you want to lose 1 pound a week, divide that 3500 by 7 days, which is 500. So all you need to burn is an extra 500 calories on top of what you're already naturally burning. Match this with a well balanced diet and routine exercise and you are on the right track to a brand new you.

Being volumetric is essential in making sure you don't feel the hunger pains while dieting. It's about what foods you can get the most out of for less calories. Eating small meals 5-6 times a day will also help keep you feeling satisfied and boost your metabolism.

I have a subscription to Cooking Light magazine and they have some incredible recipes that will make your eyes bug out of your head at how low-calorie and good they are.

Remember, it's not about what you can and can't do; It's about what you will and won't. What will you do for yourself today?

Let's do this guys, ACen 2013!
2012 C2E2/ACen/Wizard World Claire Redfield: RE Darkside Chronicles
2013 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lara Croft [Tomb Raider 2013]
2014 C2E2/ACen/AM/Wizard World Lance Corporal Levi: Attack On Titan

#816 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 25 May 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

That's excellent advice STVO (regarding what you said to Chica). A lot of home workouts can be done without the gym. I love when Dr. Oz says "you yourself are your gym." and it's true. You can do crunches, side crunches, leg lifts, planks, jumping jacks, pushups, jump rope (amazing cardio btw) biking (if you can), wall pushups, squats, bicycle crunches, side leg lifts, twisting crunches, standing and twisting.... There's TONS. An just a little bit of time can get you into amazing shape. Even if you only have time for ten minutes one day getting that heart rate up does add up and do a lot. I would suggesst more than ten minutes lol but it does a lot. Keep it up CHICA YOU GOT IT!

Thanks, guys! But I'm more working for slimming down and toning. I've been having a hard time deciding to cosplay Oz Vessalius or Kagamine Rin, but they have similar body types. If you check my DA (OtakuChicaa, because OtakuChica was already taken) you'll see how much I need done. Hopefully it'll get done by ACen 2013! I honestly don't care too much about weight, but I do want to at least get out of the 200's. It's sad to be a teenager with so much fluff...TT_TT
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#817 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

This thread has been a little quiet lately ;3. How is everyone's fitness doing? I know it's hard to get out when it's so nice but it's great to work out in the morning so then your metabolism is going for a pretty long time during the day and your workout is out of the way! :3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#818 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 57517

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Well I would join you if I could but we live so far away from each other. For all we know we could be 3 blocks away from each other. I have not stuck with most of my summer plans since I have some obstacles that are getting in the way in my life. I'm still watching what I eat and dancing more then working out. :happydance:
I'm Just A Girl In The World
Take A Good Look At Me
Just Your Typical Prototype...

Registration Staff: 2012-2014

#819 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 26 June 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

This thread has been a little quiet lately ;3. How is everyone's fitness doing? I know it's hard to get out when it's so nice but it's great to work out in the morning so then your metabolism is going for a pretty long time during the day and your workout is out of the way! :3

Thwead, wise fwom yo gwaves! :D

Yes, the morning is a very good time to go outside to work out. I made the mistake of going for a real long run in 91 degree weather (I started at 10 AM) and was dying, lol. I made it back but I didn't get to do the full run like I had planned. This may be common sense to some, but make sure you have plenty of water with you while you run or for any other exercising activities you may do. As for me, things are going well. I run about 5 days a week and try to eat healthy, but not going to lie, I have been "cheating" a little lately. LOL. This Friday isn't going to help either if you catch my drift. :o

I'm going to try to start eating a little healthier again after Independence Day. From there, I will continue to train for my half-marathon and full marathon. I'm also hoping this fall I can figure out some kind of a plan to start more weight lifting. Whether I have to go to a gym or if I can buy some weights off someone, I do think I should start lifting more.

How is everyone else doing?

Cookie, I definitely understand those times when personal things get in the way it sucks. Good to hear you are watching what you eat and heck, dancing is considered a very good exercise so, keep it up! :D
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#820 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49931

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

Good to hear people are still alive and kicking! I'm still toning up and my back muscles are starting to come in, although I still have a LONG road ahead of me. The weighted squats and deadlifts kick my butt every time, but I'm glad I do them. xD I'll try to post up pictures of progress soon enough. Keep going guys!!
Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Genderbent Edward (Cowboy Bebop)

#821 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Sweet! Glad to hear that people are still going :D. I know the forums have been very quiet lately XD. Went for an easy run today on the treadmill...since by 10AM it was 90 here >_______> and I wasn't in the mood for a heat stroke XD. Also too--it also helps if you eat a lot of foods with water in them, like spinach, romaine lettuce--any leafy green for that matter--watermelon, tomatoes....and that gets absorbed too :D. The more water the better, your kidneys will thank you! :D And, if your pee is clear or a VERY dilute yellow, you're getting enough water since your body is discarding extra water it doesn't need. (morning pee is really hard to count since that's after quite a long time of not drinking anything, so it's only natural you make a more concentrated less diluted urine. ^_^)

#822 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

I've stopped weighing myself, since I was stressing out about it too much. So no updates on any poundage lost!

I've been trying to run longer and longer, but with this weather it is hard. I ran today, and my thighs are killing me! I really hope it cools down soon. Rain maybe? Please? At least can we have a cloudy day? This summer is not getting off to a good start.

Also, I keep getting this soreness in the back of my knee. I've started to wear a knee brace when I jog or bowl, and it only seems to help every other day. Not sure what to do, but I don't want to stop running, and I'm in a league so I have to bowl still. I think it just needs to rest, but I have no time for that. :P

Stay hydrated everyone!
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#823 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

Lately, my mom and grandma are both saying I've looked like I've lost weight. Really, that's not my goal. Sure, it'd be nice to have a lower number appear on the darned digital screen. But, my main goal is to be thinner since I know my extra weight in fat is unhealthy for me. I mean, seriously. I've decided to cosplay Pit from Kid Icarus Uprising, and he's got nice legs! Watch episode 1 of TheRunawayGuys' let's play of SSBB. All the Pit cutscenes show his legs, and I'm jealous!
MY GOAL IS TO GET PIT'S SEXY LEGS! >-<

#824 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 02 July 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Lately, my mom and grandma are both saying I've looked like I've lost weight. Really, that's not my goal. Sure, it'd be nice to have a lower number appear on the darned digital screen. But, my main goal is to be thinner since I know my extra weight in fat is unhealthy for me. I mean, seriously. I've decided to cosplay Pit from Kid Icarus Uprising, and he's got nice legs! Watch episode 1 of TheRunawayGuys' let's play of SSBB. All the Pit cutscenes show his legs, and I'm jealous!
MY GOAL IS TO GET PIT'S SEXY LEGS! >-<

As a fan of Kid Icarus Uprising, I approve of your cosplay choice. Hey when others notice you losing weight, I'd say it's a good sign of things. Just hang in there and keep at a good routine and I'm sure you'll get to where you'll be. Personally I'm feeling thinner but I know I have been eating junk (I'm glad no one on this page knows what I'm talking about.... trololololol). Anyway, I am keeping up at the work out 5 days a week routine and in this weather I just try to run close to home. Friday of last week I stayed in my neighborhood because we got a ridiculous storm today it was another day where I could risk a heat stroke! :o It was extremely hot out! I've decided for days like today I have a drink of water prior to running and then I bring about two cold bottles of water with me while running. If you don't, things are going to get ugly... LOL. I wish it would just remain cool, I want to run further distances darn it! XP

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#825 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

So! How was everyone's 4th of July? I know there were food and fireworks aplenty for everyone~ :D
Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

#826 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

IT'S SO HOT!!!!! to do anything, my house is old so the heat never leaves since my brother is on the computer which makes more heat in the house. The only room that is cold is my room since the sun never shines down until sunset, I have 3 layers on the window, and the vent is open. So glad that it rain earlier in Chicago, I love the smell of rain! I can't wait for the temperature to go down some.

Drinking lots of water and keeping out of the heat was my 4th of July plan.
Take A Good Look At Me

#827 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

I hear that. x.x It was over 100 degrees over here in Chicago today. Thank the lord for creating the almighty air conditioner. xD

ACen 2014 Cosplay

#828 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:18 PM

It was 110 degrees in Joliet. Ugh. Not a good day to have a party outside in a park.

#829 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Looks like we got a break from the heat! :D

All of last week we couldn't get it under 85 in our third floor apartment until this morning when it finally dropped to 71. I didn't work out at all due to the heat, and due to our apartment being 88 in the living room and over 90 in the bedroom(we only have one window a/c unit and aren't allowed to install another). I'm going to be running tomorrow for sure, and hopefully Wednesday and Friday too! I really want to avoid the gym as long as possible. I just hate the gym. It is boring, smelly, and crowded. I'd rather be outdoors.

I'm thinking about picking up some weights so I can work out my upper body more. Any suggestions on what I should get or maybe an alternative? I could just lift my cat over my head, but I'm not sure how long she would tolerate that.

Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

#830 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Prison inmates usually have to do without some of the most basic weight sets or exercise equipment and have to improvise. As you may have guessed, they still get fit, so here are some suggestions from me:

-Water bag: Fill a trash bag with as much water as it can handle and place said bag into about two or three other bags to keep it from breaking. Use it by the straps/strings you tie it up with for lifting exercises for the chest. If you have some sand or other dense material lying around, that's even better. You can use the same method for that. And if you're worried about the bag being too big, simply use some of those smaller bags people use to pick up dog poo for smaller weights.

-Cartons: Save up or find some empty orange juice or milk cartons(the tough plastic ones, not the papery ones) and fill them up with water. Grip by the handle and use as weights or dumbbells. Should be good for bicep/tricep training.

-Bathtub Dips: Place your hands on the edge of your bathtub with your legs extended as far as you can(If you can't, that's fine. It's more focused on arm extension than anything) and push up and down like a regular dip. You could use any old chair as well :D

-Sock Weights: Fill some old socks with rocks or pebbles, tie them around your wrists and/or ankles and do some aerobics. It should increase resistance and add a little bit of oomph. Who says you need to buy those expensive body weights? >3>

ACen 2014 Cosplay

#831 User is offline   Kii 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 33629

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 04 June 2012 - 02:58 PM, said:

you can buy them online.

http://www.tapewormeggs.com/

What is even going on in here?I thought there was a barf emoticon on this site but I guess NOT.

Damn Thread's fearless leaderReluctant Member of the Little Maids CorpsUGUU~
ACen 2013 Cosplay: LOL whatever I manage to throw together at this point...-_-;;

#832 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

I joined a gym today to be a workout buddy for my friend. The price was great for me so I'm going to take advantage of the gym.

How is everyone doing?
Take A Good Look At Me

#833 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostMsLovelyCookie, on 29 August 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

I joined a gym today to be a workout buddy for my friend. The price was great for me so I'm going to take advantage of the gym.

How is everyone doing?

Good for you! Being an accountabilibuddy can be hard. Staying motivated is key, and not giving into excuses.

My hubby and I went for a brisk walk, but starting Friday we are going back to the gym. When the weather is nice we like to be outdoors, but we realized that we need the weights and the routine of the gym to really get these pounds off. I've been keeping off the 10lbs I've lost off since the spring(that's with an addition of some muscle mass too), but I haven't made much progress other than that.

I really need to get in shape for next year, so we'll be doing the gym 3 days a week from now on!

#834 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

I've been hitting it super hard still! In fact, I'll be giving my body a little vacation (few days off) after tomorrow! My body is tired and it's time for full recovery. Heck, I've been taking power naps almost daily for the last week. These breaks are great because I rest, eat, and come back totally refreshed... ready to tear it back up!
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#835 User is offline   SeikoMiwarui 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17644

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:26 PM

OKAY! So since the last time I posted in this, I think which was a long time ago, I've done quite a lot of different things.

First off, I ended up transferring from UWGB to Mount Mary college and living on the fourth floor. Last fall semester, I went down the stairs often, but I would take the elevator up more than I would take the stairs. In the spring semester, I took the stairs as often as I could both ways (unless I was carrying super heavy things, or tugging my sewing machine alone to class). In the summer, I started using the app "My Fitness Pal" along with utilizing the "fitbit" scale my brother bought. In total, since July of 2011, I have lost 25 pounds (going from 170, to currently about 145). The added exercise, along with starting to be more aware of what I put into my body, has let me get this far!

Another thing I'm excited about is that this semester, I decided to take a Fitness I/II (first half and second half of the semester) course. And today was day one.

I've found muscles in my legs that I never knew existed. I am definitely going to enjoy this class. I'm hoping by ACen 2013, I will be at least 140 lbs, if not less.

The only bad thing is....I am going to have to remake my Road Kamelot Cosplay, as well as Rip Van Winkle entirely T_T If I weigh, say, 135 lbs, that means I lost 35 lbs since I made the cosplays....and I think, actually 40 since Road (I think I was 175 when I first made it o_o)

#836 User is offline   MsLovelyCookie 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostJujuFox, on 29 August 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Good for you! Being an accountabilibuddy can be hard. Staying motivated is key, and not giving into excuses.

I really need to get in shape for next year, so we'll be doing the gym 3 days a week from now on!

Thanks @JujuFox We are both motivating each other to go to the gym so we both be at our best shape. I haven't been at a gym in 5 years and it's about time I get back.

That is also what I'm planing on doing going to the gym as much as I can.
Take A Good Look At Me

#837 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well as for me, since I got my surgery last year. I've lost 180 pounds. I now weigh 240. I've only got another 60 pounds to go before I hit my goal and I hope to be at 200 pounds before the end of this year. I will definitely reach my goal before ACen 2013. Got a lot of cosplays planned and I want to look right
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#838 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:57 AM

View Postmagishine, on 30 August 2012 - 08:14 AM, said:

Well as for me, since I got my surgery last year. I've lost 180 pounds. I now weigh 240. I've only got another 60 pounds to go before I hit my goal and I hope to be at 200 pounds before the end of this year. I will definitely reach my goal before ACen 2013. Got a lot of cosplays planned and I want to look right

Told you could to it, Magi. you the bomb. :D

I'm back in the groove of working out again. I took a break for a while and plateaued. And I started up again and I already see a difference since my fat cells aren't all swollen :3. My goal this year isn't to get buff, (since my legs and arms get waaaay too big nothing fits O_o) but go for endurance with weight and hopefully tone myself up within a year. woo~ and of course low carbs baby. I CAN FEEL THE KETOSIS

#839 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 01 September 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

Told you could to it, Magi. you the bomb. :D

I'm back in the groove of working out again. I took a break for a while and plateaued. And I started up again and I already see a difference since my fat cells aren't all swollen :3. My goal this year isn't to get buff, (since my legs and arms get waaaay too big nothing fits O_o) but go for endurance with weight and hopefully tone myself up within a year. woo~ and of course low carbs baby. I CAN FEEL THE KETOSIS

You can do Motoko! I need to work on endurance too. How do you do it?
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#840 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

I finally got back up to 135lbs. Hoping to be 145 by ACen.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users