Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#781 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:36 AM

I gotta figure out how to take in about 4000 calories per day cause at 3200 I'm putting no weight on.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#782 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Since the cake is a lie...I plan to cut back. XD
But on another note....my mom has decided to cancel her membership at the gym SO I CAN'T GO ANYMORE! :(
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#783 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 49931

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Aw, man. That sucks, OtakuChica. :( Cutting back even on junk food and such is still an excellent step, though. Sans a time or two where my mom bought me a bottle of juice from her job, I've been strictly on water for about a year and a half now. Unfortunately, I really can't drink soda or juice it anymore. Tastes like a mouthful of sugar. Bleh~ x.x

This post has been edited by Saikyo_Master: 23 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

Genderbent Edward (Cowboy Bebop)

#784 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Must...stop...drinking...tasty...slushie...
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#785 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Free slurpie day today at 7/11. A part of me still craves to have the brain freeze goodness. ._. But I must resist!
Saikyo is the basis of every single martial art! They just don't know it yet...>.>!

ACen 2014 Cosplay

#786 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

Went for a run today... But I committed a crime... I had bread today since I brought my mom lunch at work today for a surprise. So I ate bread and I went for a super hard run to work it off and UUUGH. UUUUUUGH! I will never eat bread again. I felt like SUCH A SLUG when I was running and especially during my performance based hill sprints. I was good for endurance but oh man... Don't go from no grains for two weeks to having a sandwich and working out later that day.... Ugh. XD but run was good other than that. I'm offically in better shape than I was last year at this time and before I was hospitalized!! YES! And I lost two pounds in the past few days. Woot!! I've noticed I appear more toned looking which is nice. Weight isn't my issue it's my waist size. I want two more inches off!!!!' >:3
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#787 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 23 May 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Since the cake is a lie...I plan to cut back. XD
But on another note....my mom has decided to cancel her membership at the gym SO I CAN'T GO ANYMORE! :(

Sorry to hear about that. Honestly though I'm sure you can find some nice alternatives to the gym. I'm about to go to sleep in a few minutes so I appologize for being lazy, but what are some of your favorite work outs? I'm sure me and a few others might be able to give you a few nice substitutes over the gym. For me, I actually prefer running outside over the treadmill. Why? Because you get more freedom where to move and run instead of being confined to one spot. :) YOU CAN DO EET OtakuChica! :D

View PostXenoBlade, on 23 May 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

Must...stop...drinking...tasty...slushie...

View PostSaikyo_Master, on 23 May 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Free slurpie day today at 7/11. A part of me still craves to have the brain freeze goodness. ._. But I must resist!

I found out about free Slurpee day a little after it happened. OMG if I was near a Seven-Eleven, I'd be in big trouble, hahahaha. I seriously love 7-11 Slurpees so much!

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 24 May 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

Went for a run today... But I committed a crime... I had bread today since I brought my mom lunch at work today for a surprise. So I ate bread and I went for a super hard run to work it off and UUUGH. UUUUUUGH! I will never eat bread again. I felt like SUCH A SLUG when I was running and especially during my performance based hill sprints. I was good for endurance but oh man... Don't go from no grains for two weeks to having a sandwich and working out later that day.... Ugh. XD but run was good other than that. I'm offically in better shape than I was last year at this time and before I was hospitalized!! YES! And I lost two pounds in the past few days. Woot!! I've noticed I appear more toned looking which is nice. Weight isn't my issue it's my waist size. I want two more inches off!!!!' >:3

I'm glad to hear you're running! :) It does suck about bread, I'm guilty of loving junk like that and yeah like you said, it does make you a little lazier sometimes. :P It's so good though! :drool:

I'm again glad you're in better shape and glad you're over the headaches. I myself have maintained my weight of 165! :) I'm hoping to get down to 155 sometime that way I have a flatter stomach as well! I'm definitely going for a run tomorrow (I have some people that will be at my house early that I kind of have to be shooed away from anyway, so when better to do a run, haha.) I'm thinking I should really start reading some instructions on how to better train for the marathon. Admittedly, I didn't follow too many "set a plan" lessons for the Half-Marathon I did last year but a full-marathon is a beast that may be unconquered! :o I'm hoping for a real long run! BTW, Motoko, if you're ever up for a race or just a friendly run together one day, let me know! :) I'd honestly prefer the friendly run as I have a feeling I would be outclassed by you but also I don't like the pressure of saying "Oh I gotta run faster than this person." I do love running all-around though. :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#788 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

View PostSTVO, on 24 May 2012 - 11:51 PM, said:

Sorry to hear about that. Honestly though I'm sure you can find some nice alternatives to the gym. I'm about to go to sleep in a few minutes so I appologize for being lazy, but what are some of your favorite work outs? I'm sure me and a few others might be able to give you a few nice substitutes over the gym. For me, I actually prefer running outside over the treadmill. Why? Because you get more freedom where to move and run instead of being confined to one spot. :) YOU CAN DO EET OtakuChica! :D

I found out about free Slurpee day a little after it happened. OMG if I was near a Seven-Eleven, I'd be in big trouble, hahahaha. I seriously love 7-11 Slurpees so much!

I'm glad to hear you're running! :) It does suck about bread, I'm guilty of loving junk like that and yeah like you said, it does make you a little lazier sometimes. :P It's so good though! :drool:

I'm again glad you're in better shape and glad you're over the headaches. I myself have maintained my weight of 165! :) I'm hoping to get down to 155 sometime that way I have a flatter stomach as well! I'm definitely going for a run tomorrow (I have some people that will be at my house early that I kind of have to be shooed away from anyway, so when better to do a run, haha.) I'm thinking I should really start reading some instructions on how to better train for the marathon. Admittedly, I didn't follow too many "set a plan" lessons for the Half-Marathon I did last year but a full-marathon is a beast that may be unconquered! :o I'm hoping for a real long run! BTW, Motoko, if you're ever up for a race or just a friendly run together one day, let me know! :) I'd honestly prefer the friendly run as I have a feeling I would be outclassed by you but also I don't like the pressure of saying "Oh I gotta run faster than this person." I do love running all-around though. :)

That's excellent advice STVO (regarding what you said to Chica). A lot of home workouts can be done without the gym. I love when Dr. Oz says "you yourself are your gym." and it's true. You can do crunches, side crunches, leg lifts, planks, jumping jacks, pushups, jump rope (amazing cardio btw) biking (if you can), wall pushups, squats, bicycle crunches, side leg lifts, twisting crunches, standing and twisting.... There's TONS. An just a little bit of time can get you into amazing shape. Even if you only have time for ten minutes one day getting that heart rate up does add up and do a lot. I would suggesst more than ten minutes lol but it does a lot. Keep it up CHICA YOU GOT IT!

OH GOD, free slurpee day. Keep me away. I'll drink so many O.o that an ice cream. Oh god. Frozen yogurt is a great alternative but what ive found Thts cured my need for a cold awesome treat is Popsicles! I found these ones by edeys that have real fruit in them. They dont have tons of sugar in em but they are great for conquering that sweet tooth. And only ten grams of carbs :3.

and yeah STVO hit me up if you want lol you're probably better than me xD I don't run super fast though hahahahahaha.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#789 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:47 AM

Am I the only one who lost weight for Acen and has gained it all back already? xD I managed to lose 5 pounds with a strict diet and exercise, but maintaining that lifestyle for just 5 pounds isn't worth it to me. I DID look more toned though, so I might keep up the exercise (or at least something small every day) but just eat normal as a balance. I actually found that when I eat candys and sweets normally like I did before, I eat less than I did when I finally got to those days where it was like "I can't take it anymore!" *stuffs face with unhealthy food*

I'm only 130, would like to weigh 120, but if I have to work that hard just to get to 125, there's no way I'm getting to 120 without a serious lifestyle change, and that's not happening xD But I'll try to keep up on exercise just for the healthy factor~

How's everyone else in here doing with their goals? I'm new to the fitness thread in here xD
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#790 User is offline   Saikyo_Master 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Also, if you're running, try to run in the grass instead of on the sidewalk or on concrete. It can do long-term damage to the knee joints due to the decreased shock absorption when compared to softer areas. The shock produced by running on concrete pavement won't get absorbed by the knee and it goes towards the cartilage instead which, in severe cases, can lead to that nasty arthritis. If you do run on the pavement, though, get some good running shoes that can help. :)

This post has been edited by Saikyo_Master: 25 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

ACen 2014 Cosplay

#791 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 25 May 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Am I the only one who lost weight for Acen and has gained it all back already? xD I managed to lose 5 pounds with a strict diet and exercise, but maintaining that lifestyle for just 5 pounds isn't worth it to me. I DID look more toned though, so I might keep up the exercise (or at least something small every day) but just eat normal as a balance. I actually found that when I eat candys and sweets normally like I did before, I eat less than I did when I finally got to those days where it was like "I can't take it anymore!" *stuffs face with unhealthy food*

I'm only 130, would like to weigh 120, but if I have to work that hard just to get to 125, there's no way I'm getting to 120 without a serious lifestyle change, and that's not happening xD But I'll try to keep up on exercise just for the healthy factor~

How's everyone else in here doing with their goals? I'm new to the fitness thread in here xD

Just wondering for education sake, what kind Strict diet and exercise regime did you follow? Do you mind sharing? :)

And Saikyo you bring up a great point. Grass is the best To run on. Nice and soft. ^_^ I remember my old cross country coach also told me if you cant do grass a cushion deck treadmill works too. I remember he also told me crushed limestone is another good alternative to concrete. A lot of long trails I believe use this and you can feel the difference. I run a bike trail near my house and it's all concrete and some days ooooh man you can feel it on your joints, particularly my knees. I run to a park which is all grass and run there since the grass is nice and rests my joints while still letting me run. And if you're running in a neighborhood with little Patches of grass between yards do your best to stay on them. Plus too grass is NEVER even or flush so it constantly has you keep your balance especially if you run on the side of hills. It works a lot of muscles in the foot and even works your core since you're having to keep balance. It all adds up to burn calories :3.

#792 User is offline   Washu Takahashi 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 56275

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 25 May 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

Just wondering for education sake, what kind Strict diet and exercise regime did you follow? Do you mind sharing? :)

Well my diet wasn't as terribly strict (which is probably why I failed to lose much weight overall, haha). I just did the usual, limit calories, eat healthy, avoid sweets and sugars and salts as much as possible, all that stuff.

My exercise was really good though. I did P90X, which is a killer program. I'm thin but before I did P90X I was the weak thin girl with no muscle. If you haven't heard of it before, it's designed as a 90 day exercise system. There are different videos for back and biceps, kenpo x, ab ripper x, arms, yoga, etc. Everyday is something different (until you cycle through all the videos, then they pretty much repeat). If you're interested, check out the site beachbody.com, you can join as a free member. If you go to "supergym" on that site there's a way to select the P90X program and it tells you what exercises you should be doing what days. A warning before you look into it: each day is about an hour or so long of exercise. You'll also need weights/bands, and preferably have a pull up bar (but I just used the bands to simulate the pull up exercises) It's a great program, and the ab ripper portion will definitely makes you wish you never decided to do it, haha. I torrented mine online, but it was so long ago I couldn't tell you where, good luck with it if you decide to give it a try!
ACen 2014 Schedule
Friday: Meloetta [Pokemon]
Saturday: Umi Ryuuzaki [Magic Knight Rayearth]
Sunday: Sytry Cartwright Demon Attire [Devils and Realist]

Add me on Facebook! Washu Takashi Cosplay

#793 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

uggggggghh. I've gained 5 pounds in the last week. Not happy!
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#794 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Welp, I have a new strategy. Because my car has been insisting on having issues on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis, combined with road construction and traffic jams, I have decided to say "screw it" to driving to and from work (unless the weather is too bad for me to venture forth without my car). Instead, I'll be taking the train.

Where it gets fun is that the station near my apartment is about a mile away. The one near my work is roughly 2 miles. It'll be a heck of a workout, but yanno what, it's better than dealing with the summer traffic. And if it helps me lose weight and teim down, all the better! XD
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#795 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

View Postmagishine, on 26 May 2012 - 08:54 PM, said:

uggggggghh. I've gained 5 pounds in the last week. Not happy!

I'm sorry man. Hmm, my recommendation is wait until after Memorial Day (if you're planning on doing BBQs and such) then look into what might have cost the weight increase (ate something different? Worked out less?) Keep in mind though, weight does fluctuate. It does suck but it happens.

I'm sure next week or later you'll drop some pounds.

View PostValkyrie, on 27 May 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

Welp, I have a new strategy. Because my car has been insisting on having issues on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis, combined with road construction and traffic jams, I have decided to say "screw it" to driving to and from work (unless the weather is too bad for me to venture forth without my car). Instead, I'll be taking the train.

Where it gets fun is that the station near my apartment is about a mile away. The one near my work is roughly 2 miles. It'll be a heck of a workout, but yanno what, it's better than dealing with the summer traffic. And if it helps me lose weight and teim down, all the better! XD

This is a good one. I would totally do that for my work but I'm afraid of coming in too sweaty, lol. This is an excellent idea if you think you can get to work on time, you can really shed some pounds with this one!
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#796 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

I was toying with the idea of losing a bit of weight to get extra shredded. Summer is here ya know!? After much thought I decided not to go that route. Eating and drinking is too great to let go of. More shorter yet intense cardio ought to do the trick!
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#797 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostSTVO, on 27 May 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

This is a good one. I would totally do that for my work but I'm afraid of coming in too sweaty, lol. This is an excellent idea if you think you can get to work on time, you can really shed some pounds with this one!

Oh I've already planned out my train schedule, so it should pan out okay~ Thankfully, it won't be too bad even during the summer. I usually try to get to work between 7:30 and 7:45, and even on hot days the temps usually aren't bad that early. In the evenings, meh. I usually keep water on me anyway~
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#798 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostWashu Takahashi, on 26 May 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

Well my diet wasn't as terribly strict (which is probably why I failed to lose much weight overall, haha). I just did the usual, limit calories, eat healthy, avoid sweets and sugars and salts as much as possible, all that stuff.

My exercise was really good though. I did P90X, which is a killer program. I'm thin but before I did P90X I was the weak thin girl with no muscle. If you haven't heard of it before, it's designed as a 90 day exercise system. There are different videos for back and biceps, kenpo x, ab ripper x, arms, yoga, etc. Everyday is something different (until you cycle through all the videos, then they pretty much repeat). If you're interested, check out the site beachbody.com, you can join as a free member. If you go to "supergym" on that site there's a way to select the P90X program and it tells you what exercises you should be doing what days. A warning before you look into it: each day is about an hour or so long of exercise. You'll also need weights/bands, and preferably have a pull up bar (but I just used the bands to simulate the pull up exercises) It's a great program, and the ab ripper portion will definitely makes you wish you never decided to do it, haha. I torrented mine online, but it was so long ago I couldn't tell you where, good luck with it if you decide to give it a try!

Ahhh okay. I've never done P90X but I've heard great things about it. My friend lost 40 lbs doing it and kept it off. I'd for sure like to do some hardcore ab stuff and tone my arms more for sure. Those are probably the two things I'd like to slim down. Ahaha ah yes, torrents are great for things like that. I have a friend who actually has it all downloaded...I should pester him for it. :3

View PostValkyrie, on 27 May 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Oh I've already planned out my train schedule, so it should pan out okay~ Thankfully, it won't be too bad even during the summer. I usually try to get to work between 7:30 and 7:45, and even on hot days the temps usually aren't bad that early. In the evenings, meh. I usually keep water on me anyway~

^That's awesome. I wish I could walk to the train station or other places like that. That's the one thing I hate about the burbs... >_>. I would love to live in a place where I could walk to a bunch of places. I absolutely love that--City here I come! XD.

#799 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• IRT Dispatch
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

Funny enough, I actually live in the 'burbs :D Mundelein's about a half hour or so away from Rosemont, and my work is in Wheeling. Lucky for me, not only is there a station in Mundelein and Wheeling, but they're on the same line~

#800 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

^LUUUUUUUUUUUUCKY!

I'm back in full swing again today...memorial day is over and I had lots of nomz at Wingy's house. hehehehe~ i didn't have THAT many carbs..... *looks away* woo hoo hoo :3.

#801 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Rainy Day on Thursday = DDR Work Out! :)

In just 3 days I will be leaving for Los Angeles, so I have to continue to remain in good shape or get into better because I'm going to try and stop by the beach a few times. I also intend on working out despite it being vacation time. I can't promise every day but I'll try for most! :D

Hope everyone else's goals are going well. Anyone here like swimming? I'm not great at it but I think it is fun!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#802 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:32 AM

Just thinking of P90X and I can already feel the soreness in my body.

#803 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

^ Not a huge fan of P90X or any boot camp workouts for that matter. In short and in my opinion, they're gimmicks. They're absolutely great for short term but what about the long haul? P90X workouts every week year round? Aw helllll no! I couldn't watch someone do that to themselves. I'd basically be watching an orthopedic injury case in the making.

#804 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'd like to use it for the ab portion and apply those to routines. It would be hard for me to do a video for the rest off my life. I Want to take stuff away from it and steal it :3.

#805 User is offline   JujuFox 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 45794

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 31 May 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

I'd like to use it for the ab portion and apply those to routines. It would be hard for me to do a video for the rest off my life. I Want to take stuff away from it and steal it :3.

Yes! Steal like crazy! I used to watch a yoga program on TV, get fitness magazines, and people watch at the gym. I use a little bit from what I observed in all three of these in my normal workout.
Attending since 2005 ~ Artist Alley '06, '11, '12, '13, & '14

Cosplays 2014: Friday: Ness(female version) Saturday: Chell Sunday: Myself
Cosplays 2013: Friday: Major Motoko Kusanagi(picture) Saturday: Chell(picture) Sunday: Ness(picture)

Check out my shop Geeky Cute Crochet on Etsy!

#806 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 31 May 2012 - 02:13 PM, said:

^ Not a huge fan of P90X or any boot camp workouts for that matter. In short and in my opinion, they're gimmicks. They're absolutely great for short term but what about the long haul? P90X workouts every week year round? Aw helllll no! I couldn't watch someone do that to themselves. I'd basically be watching an orthopedic injury case in the making.

I've always thought those types of routines were meant to get you to some specific level of fitness. At that point, if the person is satisfied where they are, they could incorporate more of a maintenance routine with tweaks based on their own fitness desires.

On a side note, now that the con flu is passed and I did some roadwork today, I learn I'm about 5 pounds lower than I thought I was. It makes me feel a little better..yet not hardly satisfied.

This post has been edited by rondo: 31 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

#807 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Postrondo, on 31 May 2012 - 03:28 PM, said:

On a side note, now that the con flu is passed and I did some roadwork today, I learn I'm about 5 pounds lower than I thought I was. It makes me feel a little better..yet not hardly satisfied.

Con flu is the answer for weight loss. Obviously you should just be sick all the time! Nah, but I definitely how that goes. Not that I get sick often, but when I do I don't really have a big appetite.

#808 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

I'm the same when I'm sick I barely eat and I'm not even hungry most of the time.

#809 User is offline   HiroEcks 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 59556

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Why hasn't everyone just swallowed a tapeworm yet? Think of it as your weight loss partner/coach.
My friends call me HADOUKEN because I'm down (▼) right (►) FIERCE!
Get it??

Thursday Late Night Meet n' Greet v3

♫ HiroEcks sings? ♫
♫ and does covers? ♫

#810 User is offline   Agatha 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 61511

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Until it eats your brains. :P

• 40 Pages +