Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#61 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:40 AM

^ I like the plan. It's very organized. XD For me I usually switch off between upper body and legs. Its more like:

day 1: upper body (arms, shoulders)
Day 2: legs
day 3: upper body (chest, back)
Day 4: legs
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: RUN!
Day 7: repeat day 1

I always warm up with 40 minutes of cardio, switching from running, stationary bike, stair master, elliptical or whatever I am in the mood for and do twenty minutes on two, then get to my strength. Then I always do core through out my workouts. Like I'll bench a set, do a set of an ab work out, bench, abs etc. And then at the end of every day I do more concentrated core work outs.
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#62 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

This Saturday, I'll be participating in the LATE Ride in downtown Chicago. Are any of you planning on going? I'm not sure if they're still accepting any more registrations but it is really fun. I haven't done this event in over ten years but I really enjoyed it back then and am excited to go back.
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#63 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:08 PM

I'm going to the gym a couple times a week and I'm trying to eat a little less and eat less junkie stuff. I'm not exactly sure how much I want too loose exactly, but I want to definitely be slimmer and lean. I'm cosplaying as Sakura Haruno, and she's a very fit and active girl, so I'm trying to look like her more physically. I'm working on keeping my stomach flat, having fairly built upper arms for her punching and keeping my thighs thin. If anyone's got tips for me I'd appreciate it! I'm a very chubby girl (I guess I'll use "fat" here) and 5'6''. So if you please have any info for me thanks! I don't want to be bashed at for being a "fat Sakura."

SHANNARO!
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#64 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

I've found that walking (not like elderly walking but like at a brisk pace) has really helped me. I've lost the better part of 30 lbs. All of it preparation for my surgery but I think that's probably a good place to start. Other people will probably have better ideas but this is what's worked for me
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Not attending ACen in 2015. Sorry. Maybe 2016

#65 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Hey guys, Motoko here has an update.

So long story short, I was in the hospital for four days and it was found I have blood clots in my lungs. Was not a fun 4th of July or week. So due to that and with the clots causing me immense pain I cannot do any sort of physical activity excluding light walking. no running, weight lifting, rigorous exercise, nothing. I'll still be on this forum, but my goal to fitness has been pushed back. Ah well it happens. Everyone else keep going and do well! I cannot wait to see results and updates! ^_^
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#66 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 07 July 2011 - 07:15 PM, said:

So long story short, I was in the hospital for four days and it was found I have blood clots in my lungs. Was not a fun 4th of July or week. So due to that and with the clots causing me immense pain I cannot do any sort of physical activity excluding light walking. no running, weight lifting, rigorous exercise, nothing. I'll still be on this forum, but my goal to fitness has been pushed back. Ah well it happens. Everyone else keep going and do well! I cannot wait to see results and updates! ^_^

Oh dear. Hope your back up to fighting form soon.
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#67 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

View PostOtakuChica, on 07 July 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

I'm going to the gym a couple times a week and I'm trying to eat a little less and eat less junkie stuff. I'm not exactly sure how much I want too loose exactly, but I want to definitely be slimmer and lean. I'm cosplaying as Sakura Haruno, and she's a very fit and active girl, so I'm trying to look like her more physically. I'm working on keeping my stomach flat, having fairly built upper arms for her punching and keeping my thighs thin. If anyone's got tips for me I'd appreciate it! I'm a very chubby girl (I guess I'll use "fat" here) and 5'6''. So if you please have any info for me thanks! I don't want to be bashed at for being a "fat Sakura."

SHANNARO!

Well "Chica" best of luck to you! I can relate as I want to get a bit thinner too. I'm considering a short-term gym membership or buying some weights to even build some muscles as well. I'm not a fitness expert, but in my personal opinion, find something you like (whether it's running or weight lifting) and just get into it and stick with it! I'm sure Ninja Jedi has some real good advice or perhaps some of the others do. Also, anyone who calls you a "Fat Sakura" or whatever is just a piece of crap in my opinion. Sorry for coming off nasty, but I hate when others put people down when they're trying to have fun.

View Postmagishine, on 07 July 2011 - 05:33 PM, said:

I've found that walking (not like elderly walking but like at a brisk pace) has really helped me. I've lost the better part of 30 lbs. All of it preparation for my surgery but I think that's probably a good place to start. Other people will probably have better ideas but this is what's worked for me

Congrats buddy, 30 lbs. is an accomplishment! Brisk walking is an excellent way to start off. If you have a bike or have considered getting one, I think you should do some bike riding. I personally find it a great way to become more active.

I'm very sorry to hear that Motoko. :( I hope you do get better and can get onto a goal if you choose to do so. Definitely follow the doctors orders and don't do anything that will hurt you. Keep us updated on your status and again I wish a speedy recovery from your pain!
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#68 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

I cannot do any sort of physical activity excluding light walking. no running, weight lifting, rigorous exercise, nothing.

At least light exercise could still maintain circulation. Might not be the most fun but it's better than nothing at all. Anyway, are you never to do rigorous exercise? Things like boot camps are understandable but limits must sometimes be pushed (safely of course) to improve tolerance and whatnot. Being nosy now, but are you doing any other types of treatment at all?

Sorry to hear about this clot though. Probably not the ideal thing to deal with over the holiday week. Hopefully this gets resolved soon!
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#69 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 07 July 2011 - 09:52 PM, said:

At least light exercise could still maintain circulation. Might not be the most fun but it's better than nothing at all. Anyway, are you never to do rigorous exercise? Things like boot camps are understandable but limits must sometimes be pushed (safely of course) to improve tolerance and whatnot. Being nosy now, but are you doing any other types of treatment at all?

Sorry to hear about this clot though. Probably not the ideal thing to deal with over the holiday week. Hopefully this gets resolved soon!

First of all thanks everyone, it means a lot. :)

^Ninja: I can't do any rigorous exercise because my lungs are inflamed from the fact the clot blocks the artery that feeds part of the lung oxygen, so technically, part of my lung is well, dying. It will scar over, but it's kind of scary. And secondly, I am extremely weak at them moment. But my Doc said to walk around and try to do as much as I can, so I went walking yesterday down my street in my neighborhood and I felt "ehh" I had some pain but I pushed myself through it. I'm doing my best to breathe deeply again even though it hurts and isn't fun, but if I don't do that, part of my will lung collapse. NOT COOL. Basically my treatment is to rest and try to be active (so I don't uncondition that I can't walk or do anything) but they have me on blood thinners and a pain med. I learned self-injection, which puts me ahead of my peers in nursing school when they learn subcutaneous injections...muahahha (subcutaneous=fat, so injecting syringes in your belly). I have to keep injecting myself twice a day til like next Tuesday at least. Ah well. >_> I'll keep you guys updated. I get more testing Monday to how I'm improving.

Yeah just to add, being in the hospital REALLY made me learn a lot of hands on training for nursing...but me as the guinea pig. That part of the hospital was alright. The nurses were awesome. Other parts? NO not fun.

#70 User is offline   Outsane! 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 24312

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

I'm following a routine from The New Rules of Lifting. Even though I'm a girl, I'm doing the men's workout. I feel like it's more applicable to my athletic lifestyle and I get some pretty cool results. I don't turn into Ah-nold or anything, but I feel pretty good after a few hours worth of pain. I used to run all the time (playing soccer for 16 years does that), but I found that lifting is a lot of fun too. I've surprised myself by how much I really can lift, especially when bench pressing.

I switch between two areas of focus, upper body and lower body. In a sequence, you do 3 sets of 15, 4 sets of 10, or 5 sets of 5 depending on what day. The weight is the heaviest of 5x5, and the lightest on 3x15. I lift three times a week.

Leg Days
• Squats
• Deadlift Shrugs
• Bulgarian Split Squats
• Step Ups

After these, I'm walking/limping like an old lady for days! It's such a good work out.

Arm Days
• 30º Dumbbell Bench Press
• Seated Row
• Wide-grip Lat Pulldown
• Shoulder Press
• Close-grip bench press
• High Pulls

Then after each day, abs! Planks, Russian twists, crunches, rows, etc...

Before I do the lifting, I usually run about a half mile. It just gets me warmed up and I make sure I'm not too tired to do my exercise. And then, at least a half hour after the workout, I have a protein shake.
ACen 2012 Cosplays
  • Rin Okumura - Blue Exorcist

Past
  • Erza Scarlet - Fairy Tail
  • C.C. (student ver.) - Code Geass
  • Maka Albarn - Soul Eater
  • Kallen Kozuki - Code Geass

#71 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

Well "Chica" best of luck to you! I can relate as I want to get a bit thinner too. I'm considering a short-term gym membership or buying some weights to even build some muscles as well. I'm not a fitness expert, but in my personal opinion, find something you like (whether it's running or weight lifting) and just get into it and stick with it! I'm sure Ninja Jedi has some real good advice or perhaps some of the others do. Also, anyone who calls you a "Fat Sakura" or whatever is just a piece of crap in my opinion. Sorry for coming off nasty, but I hate when others put people down when they're trying to have fun.

Why thank you! I know,I hate pushing others down too. But I will admit, I'm way overweight than I should be. But at least I'm healthy according to my doctor! Haha...I still feel awkward sometimes whenever I do sports because I run out of breath easily, and I will admit I didn't like how I looked in my Haruhi Suzumiya cosplay.cBut I think it didn't flatter me right, but I still want to improve my health. I'm very lazy, and I don't eat as much as people think I do. I want to build more upper body strength too! (I can't do push-ups for my life!) Hopefully I'll see results. I heard it's extremely hard for girls to loose thigh fat until it gets to about 185 body fat or something like that. I felt kinda hopeless when I found that out, but I'm not gonna give up!

This post has been edited by OtakuChica: 09 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

#72 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

View PostSTVO, on 07 July 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

Why thank you! I know,I hate pushing others down too. But I will admit, I'm way overweight than I should be. But at least I'm healthy according to my doctor! Haha...I still feel awkward sometimes whenever I do sports because I run out of breath easily, and I will admit I didn't like how I looked in my Haruhi Suzumiya cosplay.cBut I think it didn't flatter me right, but I still want to improve my health. I'm very lazy, and I don't eat as much as people think I do. I want to build more upper body strength too! (I can't do push-ups for my life!) Hopefully I'll see results. I heard it's extremely hard for girls to loose thigh fat until it gets to about 185 body fat or something like that. I felt kinda hopeless when I found that out, but I'm not gonna give up! (I messed up my post from before, so ignore it and read this one!) :)

#73 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

View PostOtakuChica, on 09 July 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

I heard it's extremely hard for girls to loose thigh fat until it gets to about 185 body fat or something like that. I felt kinda hopeless when I found that out, but I'm not gonna give up!

It's hard for anyone to decrease body fat, especially if you happen to be just starting out. Anyway, you will lose fat if you lose weight. I wouldn't imagine tons of people losing 100 lbs in water weight ya know! Unfortunately, nature also decided that women will always have higher body fat % so don't get discourage about anything.

#74 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

So last night my friends and I participated in the L.A.T.E. ride in downtown Chicago. It was a 24 mile bike race where you start around Buckingham fountain and pass through various areas including the Gold Coast and Wriggleyville. It is a very fun time and I encourage anyone interested in trying it to do so next year. I finished in about 2 hours and 30 minutes, I was actually very pleased as I didn't take the first rest stop that they provided. Now if I can do that with my running!

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#75 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

View PostSTVO, on 10 July 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

So last night my friends and I participated in the L.A.T.E. ride in downtown Chicago. It was a 24 mile bike race where you start around Buckingham fountain and pass through various areas including the Gold Coast and Wriggleyville. It is a very fun time and I encourage anyone interested in trying it to do so next year. I finished in about 2 hours and 30 minutes, I was actually very pleased as I didn't take the first rest stop that they provided. Now if I can do that with my running!

That's awesome! Congrats on the achievement! Dang 24 miles that is super awesome. :D Cycling is so good for you too burns tons of calories. wooo! That sounds really fun, that could be something you (well you did STVO XD) but others could do with a group of friends.

I had a lab test today and my International Normalized Ratio (INR) which is the time it takes for the blood to clot and compares it to an average, which monitors if my anti-coagulant drugs (blood thinners) are working or not and I found out they are! My INR is 2.9 (for someone on blood thinners it should be 2-3, a normal person is 1-2) so after tomorrow I'm able to get off my self-injection medicine (which burns when it goes in xP) and I get to take less pills. Yay! My overall health is very much improving, I've been going out and staying active and been going on long walks everyday to get my endurance up. Next week I'm going to ask my hematologist if I could start running again or if I can do such strenuous activity with the clot at all. I'd really like to start running again. But being so inactive, I'm never hungry, EVER. I eat something and it lasts so long! I guess when I don't burn many calories that happens...lol. But I'm sure happy I can acutally BREATHE without pain! :D :happydance:

#76 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

currently working out

every 2hours

30 leg lifts
30 crunches
30 wide pushups
10 diamond pushups
15 assisted one arm pushups
40 knee assisted pushups
40 angled assisted pushups
50 wall pushups
30 sit ups
30 rotating situps
50 jumping jacks
30 side leg lifts
15 feet of back crawls
30 back arches
30 assited back arches

then streching.

finish the day with atleast 2 hours of constant masturbation for each arm and leg switching off at each half hour
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#77 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 10 July 2011 - 07:23 AM, said:

It's hard for anyone to decrease body fat, especially if you happen to be just starting out. Anyway, you will lose fat if you lose weight. I wouldn't imagine tons of people losing 100 lbs in water weight ya know! Unfortunately, nature also decided that women will always have higher body fat % so don't get discourage about anything.

Well thankies! Haha. IT's really my thunder thighs that bug me. I really don't care what my weight is if I'm skinnier than I am and I enjoy my body. Right now I'd say I weigh around 230 pounds. But I'm taller, have a bigger built and I have REALLY chubby thighs. I just want to get those taken care of. Maybe try to flatten my stomach, and I'm trying to build more upper body strength.

#78 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Definitely cut out diet soda as much as you can. Not only is it still bad for you, but it won't help lose weight. Trust me on this - I stopped drinking Diet Coke on a daily basis several months ago, and switched to water. (My husband even got me one of those huge distilled water bottles from the hospital where he works - I use it to carry around my water every day.) The only time I drink soda is when we're eating out, which I've also cut significantly. I'd say I drink soda a handful of times a month now, max.

The result if you slash it? You'll lose weight at a steadier rate than you would with soda. The soda actually keeps a bit of the weight on.

Another thing to try is to reduce your carb and sodium intake. Not cut them out completely, mind you, but reduce it. Sodium is a real pain to push out of the body (hence I now tend to veer away from Chinese food), and unused carbs turn into fat.

To give an example, here's what I eat during the week:

Hard-boiled eggs with bacon for breakfast
1 ham and cheese sandwich for lunch
1 salmon fillet for dinner

I may tack on some additional stuff at dinner, depending on how active I've been all day. (Like another egg or salmon fillet, or some fruit if I have it.) On the weekends, I eat a bit more freely. Not too much - I'm on WeightWatchers, and so I do my best to keep from overdoing it on my points - but the weekends are generally my days to catch up a bit with my carb intake.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#79 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

View PostValkyrie, on 12 July 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

To give an example, here's what I eat during the week:

Hard-boiled eggs with bacon for breakfast
1 ham and cheese sandwich for lunch
1 salmon fillet for dinner

I may tack on some additional stuff at dinner, depending on how active I've been all day. (Like another egg or salmon fillet, or some fruit if I have it.) On the weekends, I eat a bit more freely. Not too much - I'm on WeightWatchers, and so I do my best to keep from overdoing it on my points - but the weekends are generally my days to catch up a bit with my carb intake.

That's awesome! Keep going! Weight Watchers is a really good program I know a bunch of family and our family friend who has got great results from it. :D go go go! :highfive:
But one of the keys to lose weight? low carb but also LOTS OF PROTEIN! (Which is obviously the key ingredient in Valkyrie's sample diet she provided). Protein keeps you full and takes more time to break down. Fat takes more time to break down. When I eat protein compared to carbs I am always satisfied waaaay longer (hours longer) than with carbs (where I'm hungry like an hour later). And the less carbs you eat, the less time it takes for your body to start burning from your fat reserves. Because it only takes 4 calories to use carbs, that's not too much energy, and your body is going to do what's easier. But with little or no carbs, your body must use fat, and it takes WAY more energy to burn a gram of fat (9 calories) so you use more energy and lose weight from using your fat reserves. Since I've had these blood clots I can't eat lots of leafy greens (because the Vitamin K in them thickens the blood) so it's hard to stay on the Paleo diet (literally just eating greens, fruit and lean meats) so I've been just cutting simple carbs, bread and focusing on protein similar to Valkyrie's diet. And it works. :)
Keep it up everyone!

But I was watching some re-runs of the Dr. Oz show--and I know not EVERYONE likes him but hater's gonna hate--and there was an interesting article to help you lose weight. It's called the "4 hour diet" and it's really about using the body's system of keeping itself warm with brown fat to burn your fat reserves. I haven't tried it myself but I thought it was interesting--especially the part how pigging out/cheating once a week is good for you. Article 4 hour diet

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 12 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

#80 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

^ Agreed with the lower amounts of simple carbs. The insulin response for simple sugars basically encourages your body to hold on to fat. Carbs aren't evil... just choose complex carbs (think things with some fiber) over simple. Some Haagen Dazs every once in a while is pretty awesome though.

#81 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:15 PM

Three pages ago I was 220lbs. As of Today I have reached 200.
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#82 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 14 July 2011 - 02:15 PM, said:

Thanks awesome! Good for you! You'll be at your goal in no time! I will be cheering for you all the way! :)

#83 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 14 July 2011 - 02:15 PM, said:

wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! ^_^ awesome man! Keep it up there, Voldo. :3 I shall be waiting for you at the con. :3

#84 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

my goal is 170 :3

soon....

SOON.....

I shall begin working on his armor after Otakon, I will work out whilst wearing it at the gym in order to become more comforatble in it.....

it will be glorious......

Also for Acen if anyone cosplays a Soul Cal chara :3 you earn 5 free lapdances from me ;3

#85 User is offline   Valkyrie 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 3041

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'm edging my way toward 170 myself - I was at 173 this morning. (Down from 184, when I started my WW on June 12.) My goal is to hit 120, though I know I won't safely hit that until next year, at best. That's factoring in con weekends, holidays, and any possible outings my friends and I go on. But that's okay. I haven't actually been at 120 in a long time - like, probably 5 to 10 years, when high school and college actually kept me moving and going up/down stairs more often. So it's better to ease my way toward that point. It'll be nice to be close to that once the Holiday Cluster**** rolls in, so all I have to do is keep at it and be done by spring of next year.
ACen 2009 - Merchandising Staff
ACen 2010 - IRT Operative
ACen 2011-2013 - IRT Dispatch
Callsign: Valkyrie
"There is only one god. And his name, is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: 'Not today.'"

#86 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

Keep it up you guys! So far so good! I'll give you a weight update on Tuesday, so far it's been remaining the same. With a few things this weekend (missed working out today due to beating Goldeneye Wii and a non-nutritious dinner last night and tomorow for the WWE PPV, please forgive me! :( ) I'm guessing it will remain the same. I'm going to look to stepping it uP this week.

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#87 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on 15 July 2011 - 09:18 AM, said:

my goal is 170 :3

soon....

SOON.....

I shall begin working on his armor after Otakon, I will work out whilst wearing it at the gym in order to become more comforatble in it.....

it will be glorious......

Also for Acen if anyone cosplays a Soul Cal chara :3 you earn 5 free lapdances from me ;3

That sounds so tempting. Sadly I don't have the money to cosplay a Soul Cal character...BUT! I would say as one of Voldo's biggest fans (aside from yourself :3) I should get 10 lapdances from you. ;3 you'll have to practice the Life Sucker move. ;3 woo hoo hooooo!

I have an update...more blood tests tomorrow and in total on Tuesday when I see the hematologist (hopefully he'll give me the clear to workout....T_T) I'll get 16 blood test results back in total and I really hope they give me some answers why I got these blood clots... I've barely been eating anything because I really don't need to working out...at least the swelling in my stomach from the self-injection medicine is slowly going away. woo!

This post has been edited by GITS SAC Motoko: 17 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

#88 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

That's good to hear Motoko. I hope the news you get tomorrow is good.

In an update about myself, I have a week remaining until my surgery. I've had to start using an incentive spirometer to make sure I don't get pneumonia after the surgery. I'll also have to do those shots that you're doing Motoko so I'm not looking forward to that. The shots don't being until after I get out of the hospital. It gets ever closer
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#89 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:48 PM

i just got a $1000 mountain bike (never used) for free :3

*pulls riding goggles down over eyes whilst wearing a helmet thats too large*

*riding at full speed with action lines*
In a lifetime of decay
Sudden cry for yesterday,
When the world will see the end of eternity
Sacrifice before the dawn
Of a child soon to be born
Before the night too many tears we cried

In a long forgotten land
Through the silent raging pain
Of the price to pay that awaits for me
The end of all our destiny

Don't close your eyes tonight
For the lights beyond still shine towards a brighter day
The time has come for us tread blood across the sands
Carry on as the red rivers run

And through the wilderness we feel the pouring rain
In the silence ever searching on through the misery
And all the promises we made and cried in vain
Don't you take the time to realise the master of disguise?

Blind my eyes burning forever to wash my sins away
Out of the dark pain is the price
Fly away out of the raging storm
Lost within my memories
Still haunting me
A never ending story

Far and wide forever on
Stand before the world alone we journey to the other side
Raise your hands to the sky
Through the night and through the day
Don't look back no time to pray
The battle rages on marching on and on

Don't cry for me tonight
For the lights beyond will guide me home tomorrow
The time will come for us the curse is growing strong
Carry on with the rise of the sun

So take me far away it's time to set me free
All my life I have been waiting but I could never see
Raising your hands to the sky
Turning your eyes to the sun
Pray for forgiveness
The power to save has gone for the last time

Lost within my memories
Still haunting me
A never ending story

Lost within my memories
Still haunting me
A never ending storyYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

#90 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:37 PM

View Postmagishine, on 17 July 2011 - 07:34 PM, said:

That's good to hear Motoko. I hope the news you get tomorrow is good.

In an update about myself, I have a week remaining until my surgery. I've had to start using an incentive spirometer to make sure I don't get pneumonia after the surgery. I'll also have to do those shots that you're doing Motoko so I'm not looking forward to that. The shots don't being until after I get out of the hospital. It gets ever closer

Thanks and you as well. Im sure everything will go great. And make sure you use the incentive spirometer...you don't want pneumonia for sure! Yeah I know exactly why you have to do the injections...people that get major surgeries are more apt to blood clots so they're making sure it's harder for you to coagulate (aka clot). But the truth is, the needle doesn't hurt going in, it's actually sorta thin and short. It's just the medicine hurts a little going in, like a burn. And what I learned was I feel it hurts less when you do it on yourself because you're trying your best not to hurt yourself. So if you can, ask your nurse if you can inject them yourself. :)

And you go Teko! go go go get on your bikes a ride! GO GO GO riiiiiiiiiide!!!!

SO SO anxious for tomorrow!!!!!!!! >_______< I want my results NAO!

• 40 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users