Anime Central Forums: ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! - Anime Central Forums

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ACEN Cosplay Fitness thread! Another year, another opportunity to reach our goals!

#121 User is offline   Lau 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60806

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

Wow I'm actually really impressed by all of your dedications to work out and get in better shape, be it for yourselves or for cosplay.

Kinda is inspiring and made me realize I should probably have a tad more muscle if I want to pull off Motoko Kusanagi myself >.>;

So I suppose my goal shall be to gain muscle rather than lose weight. So I suppose my goal is to gain weight ._. odd.

Right now I'm 5'9" and 120lbs, not much muscle at all. So we'll see if by Acen I've got at least a little more tone on me C:

#122 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 60765
  • Location:Hiding In your pantry. What? I get hungry watching you!

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

View PostLau, on 27 July 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

So I suppose my goal shall be to gain muscle rather than lose weight. So I suppose my goal is to gain weight ._. odd.

Ha! Well, at least your in a good body shape. Building muscle is good too though. I'm also trying to work on upper body strength since I'm cosplaying Sakura Haruno. And as you might know, she's one strong girl, she can break a giant boulder with one punch! So I'm trying to build some muscle to pull her off more, but also because I have weak arms. Though my biggest goal is to slim down my thighs and abdomen area. Good luck to you on your muscle buildup!
ACen 2011 - Haruhi Suzumiya
ACen 2012 - Shippuden Sakura Haruno
ACen 2013 - Friday: fem!Jack Frost Saturday: Toon Link

#123 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 21997

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

View PostOtakuChica, on 28 July 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

Ha! Well, at least your in a good body shape. Building muscle is good too though. I'm also trying to work on upper body strength since I'm cosplaying Sakura Haruno. And as you might know, she's one strong girl, she can break a giant boulder with one punch! So I'm trying to build some muscle to pull her off more, but also because I have weak arms. Though my biggest goal is to slim down my thighs and abdomen area. Good luck to you on your muscle buildup!

I hoped you were going to go for the ability to break bolders in one punch. Fiddlesticks :P

Update on my post surgery recovery: Things so far are going well. My abdomen is sore (especially around the incision site they made near my belly button....OUCH) and I'm a bit tired but I think that's from not sleeping well in the hospital. So far, the foods I've been having to eat are pretty good (string cheese and soft consistencies) Now to tackle the next big hurdle. Medications. Knowing what to take, when to take it and how much to take. Oh boy
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

Cosplays for ACen 2015 and progress made:

Unknown. Probably only going for a day in 2015

#124 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

View Postmagishine, on 28 July 2011 - 10:47 AM, said:

I hoped you were going to go for the ability to break bolders in one punch. Fiddlesticks :P

Update on my post surgery recovery: Things so far are going well. My abdomen is sore (especially around the incision site they made near my belly button....OUCH) and I'm a bit tired but I think that's from not sleeping well in the hospital. So far, the foods I've been having to eat are pretty good (string cheese and soft consistencies) Now to tackle the next big hurdle. Medications. Knowing what to take, when to take it and how much to take. Oh boy

Oh goodness! You're one hot mess right now, huh? :)

Now don't mistake me, breaking a boulder with one punch is pretty awesome. But I don't know I'll be able to handle Tsunade's training. What a wimp I am.

#125 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

Well I've been called a mess before lol

Anime training is just as valid in the real world (warning. Taking training tips from an anime may cause. Blindness, Death of parents, Death of loved ones, Erectile Dysfunction, Liver disease and obsession with martial arts tournaments)
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#126 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

What about explosive diarrhea?

#127 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:02 AM

Also very possible
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#128 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

Alright, I will caution myself while training then. Oh ho ho ho ho ho! :)

#129 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

Pictures speak louder than words, but words are usually more clear.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#130 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Congrats Kriby! That's great. Keep up the good work!
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#131 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 19048

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

View PostLau, on 27 July 2011 - 08:52 PM, said:

Wow I'm actually really impressed by all of your dedications to work out and get in better shape, be it for yourselves or for cosplay.

Kinda is inspiring and made me realize I should probably have a tad more muscle if I want to pull off Motoko Kusanagi myself >.>;

Right now I'm 5'9" and 120lbs, not much muscle at all. So we'll see if by Acen I've got at least a little more tone on me C:

YEAH! go go go! Let's get Motoko's sexy figure together!!!! And you know it is a myth that weight lifting gives you huge crazy man like muscles. If you weight train (which is amazing for you and so addicting XD) your muscles do get bigger, yes, but they can't get out of control huge unless 1. you're ingesting tons and tons of protein like a body builder and 2. you're using steroids. If you just maintain a healthy diet and weight train you'll for sure reach your goal!

MOTOKO COSPLAYERS UNITE! :3

View Postmagishine, on 28 July 2011 - 10:47 AM, said:

I'm glad to hear things are better, Mag. And I know how you feel with the meds. When I was on all the anti-coagulation meds (anti-blood clotting) pain meds and my injection, because you had to take them on time I put an alarm on my phone saying what I had to take and how much. I don't have to now since I'm only on one med now but reminding yourself really helps in the beginning. ^_^

View PostKirbyFanOne, on 28 July 2011 - 12:24 PM, said:

Keep up the great work Kirby!! I'm glad to see you're making progress!

DANG AT THE RATE WE ARE ALL GOING WE ARE GOING TO BE AT OUR GOALS AND THEN SOME BY THE TIME ACEN ROLLS AROUND YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#132 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

heck yeah we are. We're gonna be the envy of the con. Who's with me?
uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#133 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

I AM! I PERSONALLY LOVE FEELING SEXY! ;)

#134 User is offline   Lau 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 60806

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 28 July 2011 - 01:44 PM, said:

YEAH! go go go! Let's get Motoko's sexy figure together!!!! And you know it is a myth that weight lifting gives you huge crazy man like muscles. If you weight train (which is amazing for you and so addicting XD) your muscles do get bigger, yes, but they can't get out of control huge unless 1. you're ingesting tons and tons of protein like a body builder and 2. you're using steroids. If you just maintain a healthy diet and weight train you'll for sure reach your goal!

MOTOKO COSPLAYERS UNITE! :3

LOL I know that C: I took a weight training class eons ago in high school and last year I worked out every other day....now I got kinda lax and haven't worked out in ages >.>; My weight and shape are fine i just need some tone~

WOOOOT!

This post has been edited by Lau: 28 July 2011 - 06:40 PM

#135 User is offline   KirbyFanOne 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 49272

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

You know the weird thing about is I was fighting the 205 mark for months. And now all of a sudden it's conquered. I have to watch myself for regressions.
Currently watching: People make fools of themselves
Currently reading: Text on a screen
Currently playing: Mind games

This is a turkey ---> o3o

#136 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

Way to go everyone! (Especially looking at Kirby, Chica, and Magnishine.) I'm going to weigh myself in the morning as well but I checked the scale on Wednesday and I weighed in at 166! Yay, that's 16 more pounds to go to my idea weight of 150. The past two days, I haven't been eating junk food but I've been running a couple errands in addition to work, so I was off the wagon for exercise. This weather has been sucking real bad too. Either way, tomorrow I'll either go running or playing some Dance Dance Revolution (I highly recommend you all get into it if you all own any game console, but that's just my opinion.)

August is about to hit, I have a half-marathon going on August 28th, it's my first official one. Very excited.

Also, I am very envious of those wishing to gain weight (well muscle, lol.) I wish I was on that boat... :)
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#137 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 59569

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:37 AM

^ Just get into bodybuilding STVO. Forget the half. Marathons just make you skinny! We're here to pump [clap] you up!
Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

#138 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

Yeah let's not be on the fight to get skinny, let's be on the fight to get totally ripped! YEAH! Since most anime characters are like, totally ripped!!!!!!!

And YEAH IM WITH YA ON FEELING SEXY!
Motoko Kusanagi is mah womanz. ;3 HEEEEYYYY SEXY MOTOKO OP OP OP OPPAN MOTOKO STYLE
Cosplay for ACen 2013: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG, Lucy--Elfen Lied, episode 1 "outfit' ;3 and perhaps an additional. Maaaaaybe :3
Cosplay for ACen 2010, 2011, 2012: Major Motoko Kusanagi--Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG

#139 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

Yeah, hopefully my mom feels like going to the gym, it's supposed to storm today but it's already 2:15.

#140 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

So I tried running earlier today, and it was very very humid but I still decided to give it a go. I felt okay but I didn't last long because it was very hard to breathe, since the humidity and then the pressure of my needing more air put pressure on my lungs causing my clot to hurt. >_> I don't even think I went more than a 1/4 mile. It sucked. But hey, I tired. I hope it's not as humid tomorrow because I'm tired of sitting around! I want to run! And of course it's something that helps keep my weight off >_> But I'm going to try tomorrow! I am determined to get at least a mile in without pain.

#141 User is offline   STVO 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 60452

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

Yeah the humidity sucks, but I too went for a run. I went for about 3 miles today. I went real late in the day because I stayed up too late playing Catherine on PS3, that game is awesome! I need to start doing more mileage for the half-marathon (not bailing out, it was $60 plus I want to/got to do it!)

After my vacation, I'm going to look into joining some gym with no contract deal. I would like to get some muscle tone! Soon I'll challenge Ninja Jedi to a weight lifting contest involving cows and horses!
STVO: Facebook ACen Regular, 2013 Hellfire Challenge Champ!
Visit my Site STVO Universe
Fan on Facebook, Follow on Twitter, Subscribe on YouTube
Tentative ACen 2014 Cosplays Plans:
1 or 2 New Cosplays Based on Budget! Top Idea: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme. Also Want A New WWE Costume, and Returning 1 or 2 Classic Cosplays Based on Budget and What Others Do/Want.*

*CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

#142 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

Well, I go for a free summer thing for teens and college students at my gym, and summer's almost over! My mom hasn't been in the mood to going. And during the rest of the year, I have to do what she does so it's free for me, but want to work in certain places (mostly upper arms, abs and definitely my thighs!) so I'm not sure how that's gonna work.

#143 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

Yeah that's why I don't get a gym membership in summer, because it's only 3 months and 9 months out of the year I get it part of my college tuition. That will be nice once school starts. By end of April I AM DETERMINED TO HAVE MAJOR MOTOKO KUSANAGI'S SMEXY FIGURE!

HIYAH!

#144 User is offline   magishine 

• Tenkuu Yuusha
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

I'm gonna have to get a gym membership as my school is too cheap to have a gym in it. Oh well

I also want to have a super smexy figure by the end of April. To Super Smexyness!

This post has been edited by magishine: 29 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

uchu kitaaaaaa!!!!

#145 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

View PostSTVO, on 29 July 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

After my vacation, I'm going to look into joining some gym with no contract deal. I would like to get some muscle tone! Soon I'll challenge Ninja Jedi to a weight lifting contest involving cows and horses!

Don't know if any of you have these near you, but I'm at Cardinal Fitness. It's month to month, it's $20/month, and they don't try to sell you super hard. It's a bit smaller than other commercial clubs but its clean and neat pretty much all the time.

Also, I accept your challenge. I hope you've been practicing lifting giant boulders because I know I have.

#146 User is offline   Isamu 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8918

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

View PostNinjaJedi007, on 29 July 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

Don't know if any of you have these near you, but I'm at Cardinal Fitness. It's month to month, it's $20/month, and they don't try to sell you super hard. It's a bit smaller than other commercial clubs but its clean and neat pretty much all the time.

Also, I accept your challenge. I hope you've been practicing lifting giant boulders because I know I have.

We don't have any down in Columbus. What sucks is Urban fitness is squeezing out all the small gyms.
"Frank and explicit"-that is the right line to take when you wish to conceal your own mind and to confuse the minds of others.
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't, they'd be married too.
Santa on the crapper is officially dead.
Acens attended. 2001,2002,2007-2011.
STVO the 2013 Hellfire champ.

#147 User is offline   OtakuChica 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

View PostGITS SAC Motoko, on 29 July 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

Yeah that's why I don't get a gym membership in summer, because it's only 3 months and 9 months out of the year I get it part of my college tuition. That will be nice once school starts. By end of April I AM DETERMINED TO HAVE MAJOR MOTOKO KUSANAGI'S SMEXY FIGURE!

HIYAH!

Yup, I hope to get Sakura's sexy lean body! Mwahahaha!

#148 User is offline   rin1782 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 58967

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

Last night I was settling down for the night and I decided to go onto the ACen fourms, and I came to this page. I started reading your stories and I decided to get up and go onto the stationary bike in my living room, while cycling I went on my DSi web browser and read all of your stories. They inspired me to keep going. I went 17 miles on it yesterday. I want to lose some weight and tone my abs. I wasn't too serious about but, then I read all of your stories and now I am really going to try and reach my goal. Thanks for helping me :3

#149 User is offline   GITS SAC Motoko 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

View Postrin1782, on 30 July 2011 - 12:07 PM, said:

Last night I was settling down for the night and I decided to go onto the ACen fourms, and I came to this page. I started reading your stories and I decided to get up and go onto the stationary bike in my living room, while cycling I went on my DSi web browser and read all of your stories. They inspired me to keep going. I went 17 miles on it yesterday. I want to lose some weight and tone my abs. I wasn't too serious about but, then I read all of your stories and now I am really going to try and reach my goal. Thanks for helping me :3

That is AWESOME! I'm so glad you were inspired to get lean n' mean for your cosplays! I'm so happy to hear that, and cycling is GREAT for your abs because you're hunched over so you are on the road to your goal! Keep it up! We are all here for you! ^_^ :happydance: :highfive:

#150 User is offline   NinjaJedi007 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

We're obviously the best source of inspiration. Now that you're in with us rin, there's no backing out. Time to truly get serious.

• 40 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users